The Kotak Mahindra group has been serving its customers since 1985 and has launched 323 branches all across India with a customer base of over 2.7 million so far. The bank offers a wide range of financial solutions to its individuals and companies depending upon their requirements and provides investment products too such as Mutual Funds, life insurance, stockbroking, and more. Apart from this wide collection of products and services, the bank also offers credit cards to its customers loaded with exciting features and benefits. It was 2008 when Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards entered the market and currently, the number of total outstanding credit cards has reached 45,97,686, which shows that cardholders are pretty satisfied with the card issuer’s services.
To know more about the credit card offered by Kotak Mahindra, read below given some of the finest credit cards from its portfolio. The bank offers various credit cards, and to assist you in choosing the right card, we have come up with an article below:
List of Best Kotak Mahindra Credit Cards
With so many credit cards offered by different card issuers in the Indian market, it becomes difficult for individuals to filter out all the Kotak Mahindra Credit Cards and choose the best out of them. To help them out, we have provided with a list of every popular Kotak Credit Card in the country so that you can go through the benefits and features of all of them and choose the one as per your needs:
- Myntra Kotak Credit Card
- 6E Rewards XL – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card
- 6E Rewards – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card
- IndianOil Kotak Credit Card
- Kotak White Reserve Credit Card
- Kotak 811 Credit Card
- Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card
- Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card
- Kotak Privy League Signature Credit Card
- Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card
- Kotak League Platinum Credit Card
- PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card
- Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card
- PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card
- Kotak Mahindra Bank UPI RuPay Credit Card
- Kotak 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card
- Kotak White Credit Card
- Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card
- Kotak Veer Select Credit Card
- Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card
- Kotak Bank Fortune Gold Card
- Metro Kotak Credit Card
Best Suited For
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
Kotak Bank Credit Cards Features and Benefits
Kotak Mahindra various exclusive benefits across different categories with its credit cards. The premium cards with high annual fees offer greater rewards and benefits as compared to the basic cards that come with a lower annual fee. Following are the general features and benefits that you can enjoy with the Kotak Mahindra Credit Cards:
- Welcome Benefits: On joining the card membership, you get tons of welcome benefits associated with the Kotak Mahindra Cards. These benefits can be of different types like complimentary premium memberships, gift vouchers, bonus reward points, accelerated cashback, and many more. You generally get these benefits after paying the joining fee or on achieving the stipulated milestone spend within a few initial months.
- Rewards/Cashback: The Reward Points/Cashback benefits offered with Kotak Bank Credit Cards are one of their most attractive features as you are rewarded with reward points or cash back every time you make a transaction using your credit card. The reward rate may vary with different credit cards.
- Milestone Benefits: Milestone benefits are the benefits that are offered to you when you achieve a given minimum spend within a pre-specified time period, which is generally of one anniversary year. Similar to the welcome benefits, the milestone benefits can also be in the form of bonus rewards, accelerated cashback, and many more.
- Travel Benefits: Many Kotak Bank Credit Cards come with exclusive travel benefits which include complimentary lounge access, discount offers on travel-related spends, airline/hotel memberships, and many more. Generally, premium credit cards offer the most exclusive travel benefits.
- Movie & Dining Benefits: The Kotak Bank also keeps the entertainment needs of its customers in mind and provides them with several benefits over the same. You can avail of complimentary movie tickets, great discount offers on movie and dining, and many more such privileges.
- Other Benefits: Along with providing exciting benefits over different categories, the Kotak Mahindra Cards also come with various extra advantages, including complimentary Golf games/lessons, insurance benefits, a fuel surcharge waiver, spend-based joining & annual fee waiver, and many more.
Top Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards
Being a major credit card issuer in the country, the Kotak Mahindra Bank offers various cards ranging from super-premium to basic categories. We have categorized different Kotak Credit Cards on the basis of their annual fee, features & benefits, and a few more important factors below in this article:
Premium Credit Cards
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers you the two premium cards under its portfolio, namely:
White Reserve Credit Card
The White Reserve Credit Card is a recently launched super-premium credit card that comes with a high annual fee of Rs. 12,500 and targets high net-worth individuals. The Reward structure of this card is quite different from most of the other cards offered in the Indian market. The card doesn’t reward you on every spend you make, but on achieving some specific spend milestones. Other than this, the card offers several exciting advantages over different categories, including travel, entertainment, etc.
Privy League Signature Credit Card
The Privy League Signature Credit Card is a premium card offered by the Bank that provides you with two variants to choose from. The one card that offers you two plans is Shopper’s Plan and the other one is Traveller’s Plan, giving you complete freedom to choose a plan according to your requirements. Being a premium card it offers exclusive and exciting offers and deals.
Zen Signature Credit Card
The Zen Signature Credit Card is another premium card that is offered by the Kotak Mahindra Bank. This card provides you exclusive shopping, travel, and milestone benefits on the transactions made on this card. Get 1500 zen points as welcome benefits on paying the joining fee of the card. You can earn up to 15 zen points per Rs. 150 spent on KayMall and 5 zen points on every other Rs. 150 spent using this card. This card entitles you to 8 complimentary domestic lounge access in a year and 3 complimentary international lounge access.
Lifestyle Credit Cards
Royale Signature Credit Card
This card by Kotak Mahindra Bank comes with no joining fee and offers you exciting rewards and other benefits like travel benefits. You not only earn reward points on all spent on this card but you also get the privilege of complimentary domestic lounge access making it more rewarding for its card members. You can also earn up to 30000 bonus RP every year on achieving the milestone spend limit.
League Platinum Credit Card
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers you League Platinum Credit Card under its Lifestyle Credit Cards. On this card, you earn 8x reward points on annual spending up to Rs. 2 Lakhs on special categories and 4x reward points on other categories. On spending Rs. 1,25,000 annually either you get 4 free PVR tickets or earn 10000 reward points. This card even covers protection liability up to Rs. 1,25,000 in an unfortunate time of fraud or loss of the card.
Travel Credit Cards
6E Rewards XL – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card
It is one of the two Indigo co-branded credit cards offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank. The card is targeted at frequent flyers who are loyal to Indigo airlines. The annual fee of the card is Rs. 1,500, which is entirely worth it for those who are wise enough to get the most out of this card. The card rewards you with 6E Rewards, which can be redeemed against various options including travel bookings, shopping vouchers, etc. Apart from this, the card also offers complimentary airport lounge access with this card.
6E Reward – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card
This credit card can be considered the toned-down version of the aforementioned 6E Rewards XL Card. With an annual fee of Rs. 700, the card offers various exclusive privileges to cardholders. Being a basic card, it offers a decent reward rate and one can save a lot if the card is used properly. There are many more benefits that you can enjoy with this card, including discounts across premium hotels, fuel surcharge waivers, etc.
Shopping Credit Cards
Essentia Platinum Credit Card
This card is an entry-level card, that earns you 10 reward points every time you spend Rs. 100 on groceries & departmental stores on a minimum transaction of Rs. 1500 and maximum transaction of Rs. 4000. A maximum of 500 points can be earned every month on groceries and departmental stores. Apart from this, you can earn 1 reward point on every other Rs. 250 spent using this card. You can either choose 6 movie tickets or 1200 reward points as per your liking only when the expenditure of Rs. 1,25,000 has been done in the last 6 months. You can avail of this card at Rs. 1,499 plus GST.
811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card
Kotak Mahindra Bank launched this card to provide a great reward experience to its cardmembers. This card comes with no joining and an annual fee and issues on fixed deposit (minimum of Rs. 10000). As welcome benefits, you earn 500 bonus reward points. You get 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent on this card and 2 reward points on online shopping. On spending Rs. 75,000 in a year, you get a cash-back of Rs. 750 and 4 complimentary PVR movie tickets.
Movie and Dining Credit Card
PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card
Kotak Mahindra Bank launched this card in collaboration with PVR, keeping in my mind the needs of the people who love to go to the movies. You get 2 free PVR movie tickets every month only when you spend Rs. 10000 and above in a monthly billing cycle. Your card is insured against theft and loss covering insurance worth Rs. 75000. You can renew this card at Rs. 999.
PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card
It’s a decent card with no joining fee that gives you benefits on movies. You get 1 PVR movie ticket free on spending Rs. 10,000 in a month and 2 free PVR movie tickets on spending Rs. 15000 in a month. Moreover, this card allows you to earn a cash-back of 15% on food and beverages at PVR. This card even covers insurance worth Rs. 50000 against loss or theft of the card. The annual fee of this card is Rs. 499. This one is a sister card of the PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card but with slight changes.
Reward Points and Cashback Benefits
Different credit cards offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank come with distinct reward rates. In general, the premium cards having a higher annual fee offer a higher reward rate in comparison to the cards that come with a lower annual fee. Moreover, the reward rate can also be different in different categories. For example, a card may offer you 1x Rewards on shopping, 2x on entertainment, and 3x on travel. The following table will help you to understand the reward points/cashback rate of the Top Kotak Bank Credit Cards in different categories:
|Credit Card||Reward Points|
|White Reserve Credit Card||White Pass Value earned on the basis of spend milestones.|
|Privy League Signature Credit Card||5x reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on special categories and 2x reward points on every Rs. 100 spent at retail outlets.|
|Zen Signature Credit Card||15 zen points on every Rs. 150 spent on KayMall and 5 zen points on every Rs. 150 spent on other categories.|
|Royale Signature Credit Card||4x reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on special categories and 2x reward points on other categories.|
|League Platinum Credit Card||8x reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on special categories and 4x reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on other categories.|
|6E Rewards XL – indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card||6% 6E Rewards on spends on Indigo and up to 3% 6E Rewards on other spends.|
|6E Rewards – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card||3% 6E Rewards on Indigo spends and up to 2% 6E Rewards on other spends.|
|Essentia Platinum Credit Card||10 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on groceries and departmental stores. 1 reward point on Rs. 250 spent on all other categories.|
|811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card||2 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on online shopping and 1 reward point on every other Rs. 100 spent on this card.|
|PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card||15% cash-back on food and beverages at PVR & 5% cash-back on movie tickets at PVR Box Office.|
|PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card||15% cashback on food and beverages at PVR & 5% cash-back on movie tickets at PVR Box Office.|
With the Kotak Bank Credit Cards, you can earn reward points/cash back on almost all your spends, but to maximize your rewards, you should choose your credit card wisely. Firstly, try to find out the categories where you spend the most and get a credit card that offers the maximum rewards in those categories. Moreover, you should also check for the options for reward points redemption and make sure that you can redeem your points against something of your use.
Kotak Reward Points can be redeemed on the Kotak Reward Redemption portal for shopping vouchers, mobile recharges, purchasing products, movie/travel ticket bookings, and much more. There is one more Program available to redeem the accumulated reward points, that is, Kotak’s PayByPoints program under which you can redeem your points for shopping at selected partner merchants and brands like Puma, Archies, etc. Different Kotak Credit cards can have different redemption processes and values of reward points. You can understand the reward redemption of some of the Top Kotak Credit Cards with the following points:
- Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, Royale Signature Credit Card, League Platinum Credit Card, 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card, and all other Kotak Credit Cards offering normal reward points: 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25, which can be redeemed via internet banking.
- Essentia Platinum Credit Card: 1 Reward Point = Re. 1.
- PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card and PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card: Free PVR movie tickets can be redeemed by sending an SMS or logging into kotak.com.
Kotak Bank Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
Every Credit Card issuer holds certain eligibility standards that need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to get approved for a card. These measures might be affected by different aspects including the applicant’s income, age, credit history, and a few more. However, the income/credit score requirements may vary for various cards offered by the Kotak Bank, following are the criteria that one needs to fulfill:
- The applicants should be of a minimum of 21 years of age.
- The applicant should either be salaried or self-employed with a stable source of income.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history (in the case of unsecured credit cards).
Check detailed information about Kotak Bank Credit Cards eligibility criteria here.
After making sure that you fulfill the above eligibility requirements, you should check for all the necessary documents required to apply for a Kotak Bank Credit Card. Following is the list of the documents that are necessary to apply for the card:
|Identity Proof||Address Proof||Income proof|
Kotak Credit Cards Annual Fee
An annual fee is something that most of the individuals consider when applying for a credit card as everyone wants a card that they can afford. People having a high annual income might look for premium cards with high annual fees and those having a low income will definitely want a low annual fee card. The yearly fee of some of the popular Kotak Bank Credit Card is mentioned below in the table. Along with the fee, you can also check the condition to get your annual/joining fee waived off:
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Joining Fee Waiver condition *||Renewal Fee Waiver condition *|
|Privy League Signature Credit Card||Rs. 2500 + GST||NA||On spending Rs. 5 lakhs in the preceding year.|
|Zen Signature Credit Card||Rs. 1500 + applicable taxes||NA||On spending Rs. 1,50,000|
|Royale Signature Credit Card||Rs. 999||NA||On spending Rs. 1,00,000|
|League Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 499 + applicable taxes||NA||On spending Rs. 50,000|
|6E Rewards XL – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card||Rs. 1,500||NA||NA|
|Essentia Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 749 + GST||NA||NIL|
|811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card||NIL||NIL||NIL|
|PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 999||NA||NIL|
|PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card||Rs. 499||NA||NIL|
*spends within 60 days
**spend within an anniversary year
Other Fees and Charges
Apart from the annual fee, there are a few more charges, (like the interest rate, foreign currency markup fee, cash advance fee, late payment charges, etc), that should be considered by you before choosing a card for yourself. You can check some of the most important charges that are applicable on Kotak Credit Cards in the table below:
– 2.49% on Privy League Signature Card
– 3.4% to 3.5% per month on all other cards.
|Cash Advance Fee||– Rs. 300 on every Rs. 10,000 withdrawal|
|Forex Markup Fee||
– 2% on Privy League Signature Card (paid variant)
– 3.5% on all other cards.
How To Apply for Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Online?
Apply for Kotak Mahindra Bank credit cards using online mode or by visiting the nearest branch as follows:
- Keep your documents with yourself.
- Visit https://www.kotak.com/en/home.html.
- Select the credit card that you wish to apply for.
- Click on the Apply button.
- On clicking the apply button you will be redirected to a new webpage fill out the application form carefully.
- Attach required documents and submit the application form.
To track your credit card’s application status, go to: https://www.kotak.com/en/transaction-services/track-application.html, then select product ‘credit card’ and enter your application number or form number, then click on the submit button. Your application status will reflect upon your screen.
To know detailed steps to check the Application status of Kotak Bank Credit Card, click here.
How To Activate Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards?
Once you get your Kotak Bank Credit Card, you will need to activate it so that you can use it for your purchases. You can activate your new Kotak Credit Card using the below-mentioned methods:
- Activate Kotak Bank Credit Card via a Kotak Bank ATM. Just visit the ATM, insert your card, and look for an option for activation/PIN generation of a new card. Make sure that you have the registered mobile number with you while activating your card.
- You can also reach the Kotak Bank Credit Card customer care on their helpline number 1860 266 2666 and ask the bank executives to assist you to activate your credit card.
- One more way to activate your Kotak Bank Credit Card is via internet banking. Log in to your internet banking account and look for an option for activation or PIN generation of a credit card.
- If you are unable to activate your card using any of the methods mentioned above, you can also visit your closest Kotak Bank branch and ask the bank officials to assist you with the same.
Kotak Bank Credit Cards Login/Net Banking
You can register your Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card for internet banking with a few steps mentioned below:
- Visit Kotak Bank’s internet banking page.
- Under the option ‘Need Help?’ click on ‘Register Kotak Netbanking.’
- You would be redirected to a fresh page where you will have to enter the CRN number that you have received with your credit card. After entering this, click on ‘Continue.’
- Enter all the required details like your registered mobile number, name, credit card number, etc, and proceed further accordingly.
- Your card will then be successfully registered for internet banking.
For more information about Kotak Bank Credit Card login/internet banking, you can visit this page.
Kotak Credit Cards Customer Care
There might be situations when you have doubts related to your Credit Card and you need to contact customer care urgently. Following are the contact details that you can use to reach the Kotak Bank Credit Card customer care:
- For any urgent assistance that you need, you can reach customer care via call on 1860 266 2666.
- You can also contact them via email at [email protected].
- If your doubts still remain unresolved, you can visit your nearest branch.
For more detailed information about Kotak Bank Credit Card customer care, click here.
Which Kotak Bank Credit Card is Best?
Kotak Mahindra Bank issues a broad range of credit cards with different features and fees and charges. No one card can be regarded as the best for everyone, but different Kotak Bank Credit Cards can be the right choice for different people depending on their spending habits and requirements. Some people might be looking for low annual fee cards with only basic features, and some might look for premium cards with world-class benefits and high annual fees. Moreover, different people can have different spend categories. Some of you might be spending the most on shopping, some on travel, and others on lifestyle or entertainment categories. Accordingly, the card providing the maximum benefits in your spend category will be the best card for you.
How To Compare Kotak Credit Cards and Choose The Best One?
Before you apply for a credit card, it is really important to compare it with other similar cards and then go with the one that seems to suit you the best. Now, if you want to choose the best Kotak Bank Credit Card for you, you should first make a rough idea of what type of card you want. Decide a range of the annual fee that you can afford, note down the categories on which you spend the most, and then make a list of all the Kotak Bank Credit Cards that lie within that range. After this, filter out the cards best suited for the categories where you spend a lot. The last and the most important thing you need to do is compare all the filtered out cards in regard to their fees and features and then go with the one that seems to offer the maximum rewards and benefits with the minimum charges.
Lifetime Free Kotak Credit Cards
Following are the top no annual fee credit cards offered by the Kotak Mahindra Bank:
Kotak 811 #DreamDifefrent Credit Card: The Kotak 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card is a secured credit card having a zero annual fee and offers a decent reward rate to the cardholders. Having a zero yearly fee, the card can also be considered the best choice for people who don’t have a prior credit history. You can get this card against a fixed deposit and build your credit score to get unsecured credit cards with greater benefits.
Kotak Fortune Gold Credit Card: The Kotak Fortune Gold Card is another lifetime-free credit card offered by the bank. It can be considered a unique offering by the bank as it doesn’t;t reward its customers on daily spends, but on the basis of milestone spends. Being a no-annual fee credit card with decent privileges, it is a suitable option for individuals who are new to the world of credit cards and want to begin their journey with a very basic one.
No, only Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, and Royale Signature Credit Card provide complimentary access to lounges from the above mentioned cards.
No, you will not be charged any redemption fee while redeeming your reward points on any of these above mentioned cards.
Yes, on Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, Royale Signature Credit Card, and League Platinum Credit Card, your annual fee will be waived off on achieving the milestone spending. Apart from these cards no other cards listed above provide a spend based waiver.
You can easily check your application anywhere and at any time. You just have to click on the given link https://www.kotak.com/en/transaction-services/track-application.html and fill the required fields like application number or form number and your application status will be reflected on your screen.
Yes, you can apply for a Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card online through your phone by visitng the official website and select the card you wish to apply for. Click on ‘apply now’ and you’ll be asked whether you’re a new applicant or an existing customer.
You can provide any one from Aadhar card, voter id, passport, driving license, etc. as address validation to get a card issued from the Kotak Mahindra Bank.
You can either block your card by logging in to net banking or by logging in to mobile banking. After that go to service request under credit card and report lost/damaged card. You can also send an SMS: KCCLOST(space)(last four digits of credit card number) from your registered number to 5676788 (standard SMS charges applicable). If you still face any problem in blocking your credit card you can visit the below-given link:
Every card has its own salary or income requirement. Sometimes, these requirements are based on the sole discretion of the bank. It can differ from individual to individual. However, when applying for a credit card from the online portal you will find the eligibility criteria in card descriptions which will help you make an informed decision.
Depending on your payment due date the interest free period can range from 18-48 days to 21-51 days with all Kotak Mahindra Bank credit cards.
Kotak Mahindra bank do not charge any add-on card fee on these credit cards: Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, Royale Signature Credit Card, League Platinum Credit Card, and 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card.