The Kotak Mahindra group has been serving its customers since 1985 and has launched 323 branches all across India with a customer base of over 2.7 million so far. The bank offers a wide range of financial solutions to its individuals and companies depending upon their requirements and provides investment products too such as Mutual Funds, life insurance, stockbroking, and more. Apart from this wide array of products and services, it also offers credit cards to its customers packed with exciting features and benefits. It was 2008 when Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards entered the market and currently, the number of total outstanding credit cards has reached 30, 34, 474, which shows that cardholders are pretty satisfied with the card issuer’s services.
To know more about the credit card offerings by Kotak Mahindra, read below given some of the best credit cards from its portfolio. The bank issues various credit cards, and to help you out in choosing the right card, we have come up with this article:
List of Best Kotak Mahindra Credit Cards
With so many credit cards offered by different card issuers in the Indian market, it might be a bit difficult for individuals to filter out all the Kotak Mahindra Credit Cards and choose the best out of them. To help them out, we are here with the list of all the popular Kotak Credit Cards in India so that you can go through the features and benefits of all of them and choose the one as per your requirements:
- 6E Rewards XL – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card
- 6E Rewards – Indigo Kotak Bank Credit Card
- Kotak 811 Credit Card
- Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card
- Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card
- Kotak Privy League Signature Credit Card
- Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card
- Kotak League Platinum Credit Card
- PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card
- Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card
- PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card
- Kotak 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card
- Kotak White Credit Card
- Kotak Bank Fortune Gold Card
Get one complimentary air ticket, a complimentary 6E prime add-on, Accor hotels’ dining and stay vouchers, and Budweiser gift voucher as a welcome gift.
6% 6E Rewards on indigo, 3% 6E Rewards on dining, groceries, and entertainment, and 2% 6E Rewards on other spends.
You get a complimentary flight ticket and 6E add-on, Accor hotels stay/dining vouchers, and a Budweiser gift voucher.
3% 6E Rewards on Indigo flights, 2% 6E Rewards on dining, groceries, and entertainment spends, and 1% 6E Rewards on other spends.
Get 1500 Zen Points on payment of joining fees
You can earn up to 15 Zen Points on every Rs 150 spent on KayMall. You can earn up to 5 Zen Points on every Rs 150 on all other categories
Rs 1500 plus applicable taxes
5X reward points on select retail shopping spends and 2X points on all other spends on the shopper’s plan; 5X reward points on travel spends and 2X points on all other spends on the traveler’s plan
Rs. 2,500 + GST (for paid variant), Nil for the free variant
Get a movie voucher worth Rs 500 on payment of the joining fee
You get 8x reward points for every 150 spent on special categories and 4x reward points on every 150 spent on other categories up to 2 lacs. You 8x reward points on every Rs 150 spent on special categories and other categories above Rs 2 lacs.
Rs 499 plus applicable taxes
Kotak Bank Credit Cards Features and Benefits
Kotak Mahindra various exclusive benefits across different categories with its credit cards. The premium cards with high annual fees offer greater rewards and benefits as compared to the basic cards that come with a lower annual fee. Following are the general features and benefits that you can get with the Kotak Mahindra Credit Cards:
- Welcome Benefits: With Kotak Mahindra Cards, you get welcome benefits when you join the card membership. These benefits can be of different types like bonus reward points, complimentary premium memberships, gift vouchers, accelerated cashback, and many more. You generally get the welcome benefits after the payment of the joining fee or on achieving the stipulated milestone spend within a few initial months.
- Rewards/Cashback: The Reward Points/Cashback benefits offered with Kotak Bank Credit Cards are one of their most attractive features as you get rewarded in the form of reward points or cash back every time you spend using your credit card. the reward rate can be different on different credit cards.
- Milestone Benefits: Milestone benefits are the benefits that are offered to you when you achieve a given minimum spend within a pre-specified time period, which is generally of one anniversary year. Just like the welcome benefits, the milestone benefits can also be in the form of bonus rewards, accelerated cashback, and many more.
- Travel Benefits: Many Kotak Bank Credit Cards come with exclusive travel benefits which include complimentary lounge access, discount offers on travel-related spends, airline/hotel memberships, and many more. Generally, premium credit cards offer the most exclusive travel benefits.
- Movie & Dining Benefits: The Kotak Bank also keeps the entertainment needs of its customers in mind and provides them with several benefits over the same. You can avail of complimentary movie tickets, great discount offers on movie and dining, and many more such privileges.
- Other Benefits: Along with providing exciting benefits over different categories, the Kotak Mahindra Cards also come with various additional advantages, including complimentary Golf rounds/lessons, insurance benefits, fuel surcharge waiver, spend-based waiver of the joining & annual fee, and many more.
Top Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards
Being a major credit card issuer in the country, the Kotak Mahindra Bank offers various cards ranging from super-premium to basic categories. We have categorized different Kotak Credit Cards on the basis of their annual fee, features & benefits, and a few more important factors below in this article:
Premium Credit Cards
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers you the two premium cards under its portfolio, namely:
Privy League Signature Credit Card
The Privy League Signature Credit Card is a premium card that provides you two variants to choose from. The one card that offers you two plans one is Shopper’s Plan and the other one is Traveller’s Plan, giving you complete freedom to choose a plan according to your requirements. Being a premium card it comes with exclusive and exciting offers and deals.
Zen Signature Credit Card
The Zen Signature Credit Card is another premium card that is offered by the Kotak Mahindra Bank. This card provides you exclusive shopping, travel, and milestone benefits on the transactions made on this card. On the payment of the joining fee, you get 1500 zen points as welcome benefits. You can earn up to 15 zen points on every Rs. 150 spent on KayMall and 5 zen points on every other Rs. 150 spent on this card. This card entitles you to 8 complimentary domestic lounge access in a year and 3 complimentary international lounge access.
Lifestyle Credit Cards
Royale Signature Credit Card
This card by Kotak Mahindra Bank comes with no joining fee and offers you exciting rewards and other benefits like travel benefits. You not only earn reward points on all spends on this card but you also get the privilege of complimentary domestic lounge access making it more rewarding for its cardmembers. You can earn up to 30000 bonus reward points every year on achieving the milestone spend limit.
League Platinum Credit Card
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers you League Platinum Credit Card under its Lifestyle Credit Cards. On this card, you earn 8x reward points on annual spending up to Rs. 2 Lakhs on special categories and 4x reward points on other categories. On spending Rs. 1,25,000 annually either you get 4 free PVR tickets or earn 10000 reward points. This card even covers protection liability up to Rs. 1,25,000 in an unfortunate time of fraud or loss of the card.
Shopping Credit Cards
Essentia Platinum Credit Card
This card is an entry-level card, that earns you 10 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on groceries and departmental stores on a minimum transaction of Rs. 1500 and maximum transaction of Rs. 4000. You can earn a maximum of 500 points every month on groceries and departmental stores. Apart from this, you can earn 1 reward point on every other Rs. 250 spent on this card. You can either choose 6 movie tickets or 1200 reward points as per your liking only when the expenditure of Rs. 1,25,000 has been done in the last 6 months. You can avail of this card at Rs. 1,499 plus GST.
811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card
Kotak Mahindra Bank launched this card to provide a great reward experience to its cardmembers. This card comes with no joining and an annual fee and issues on fixed deposit (minimum of Rs. 10000). As welcome benefits, you earn 500 bonus reward points. You get 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent on this card and 2 reward points on online shopping. On spending Rs. 75,000 in a year, you get a cash-back of Rs. 750 and 4 complimentary PVR movie tickets.
Movie and Dining Credit Card
PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card
Kotak Mahindra Bank launched this card in collaboration with PVR, keeping in my mind the needs of the people who love to go to the movies. You get 2 free PVR movie tickets every month only when you spend Rs. 10000 and above in a monthly billing cycle. Your card is insured against theft and loss covering insurance worth Rs. 75000. You can renew this card at Rs. 999.
PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card
It’s a decent card with no joining fee that gives you benefits on movies. You get 1 PVR movie ticket free on spending over Rs. 10,000 in a month and 2 free PVR movie tickets on spending Rs. 15000 in a month. Moreover, this card allows you to earn a cash-back of 15% on food and beverages at PVR. This card even covers insurance worth Rs. 50000 against loss or theft of the card. The annual fee of this card is Rs. 499. This one is a sister card of the PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card but with slight changes.
Reward Points and Cashback Benefits
Different credit cards offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank come with different reward rates. In general, the premium cards having a higher annual fee offer a higher reward rate compared to the cards that come with a lower annual fee. Moreover, the reward rate can also be different in different categories. For example, a card may offer you 1x Rewards on shopping, 2x on entertainment, and 3x on travel. The following table will make you understand the reward points/cashback rate of the Top Kotak Bank Credit Cards in different categories:
|Credit Card||Reward Points|
|Privy League Signature Credit Card||5x reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on special categories and 2x reward points on every Rs. 100 spent at retail outlets.|
|Zen Signature Credit Card||15 zen points on every Rs. 150 spent on KayMall and 5 zen points on every Rs. 150 spent on other categories.|
|Royale Signature Credit Card||4x reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on special categories and 2x reward points on other categories.|
|League Platinum Credit Card||8x reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on special categories and 4x reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on other categories.|
|Essentia Platinum Credit Card||10 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on groceries and departmental stores. 1 reward point on Rs. 250 spent on all other categories.|
|811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card||2 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on online shopping and 1 reward point on every other Rs. 100 spent on this card.|
|PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card||15% cash-back on food and beverages at PVR & 5% cash-back on movie tickets at PVR Box Office.|
|PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card||15% cashback on food and beverages at PVR & 5% cash-back on movie tickets at PVR Box Office.|
With the Kotak Bank Credit Cards, you can earn reward points/cash back on almost all your spends, but to maximize your rewards, you should choose your credit card wisely. Firstly, try to find out the categories where you spend the most and get a credit card that offers the maximum rewards in those categories. Moreover, you should also check for the options for reward points redemption and make sure that you can redeem your points against something of your use.
Kotak Reward Points can be redeemed on the Kotak Reward Redemption portal for purchasing products, shopping vouchers, mobile recharges, movie/travel ticket bookings, etc. There is one more Program available to redeem the accumulated reward points, that is, Kotak’s PayByPoints program under which you can redeem your points for shopping at selected partner merchants and brands like Puma, Archies, etc. Different Kotak Credit cards can have different redemption processes and values of reward points. You can refer to the following points to understand the reward redemption of some of the Top Kotak Credit Cards:
- Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, Royale Signature Credit Card, League Platinum Credit Card, 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card, and all other Kotak Credit Cards offering normal reward points: 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25, which can be redeemed via internet banking.
- Essentia Platinum Credit Card: 1 Reward Point = Re. 1.
- PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card and PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card: Free PVR movie tickets can be redeemed by sending an SMS or logging into kotak.com.
Kotak Bank Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
Every Credit Card issuer has certain eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to get approved for a card. These criteria might be affected by different factors including the applicant’s age, income, credit history, and a few more. However, the income/credit score requirements may vary for different cards offered by the Kotak Bank, the basic eligibility criteria that you will need to fulfill in as mentioned below:
- The applicant’s age should be a minimum of 21 years.
- The applicant should either be salaried or self-employed with a stable source of income.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history (in the case of unsecured credit cards).
Check detailed information about Kotak Bank Credit Cards eligibility criteria here.
After making sure that you fulfill the above eligibility requirements, you should check for all the necessary documents that are required to apply for a Kotak Bank Credit Card. The list of the required documents is given in the table below:
|Identity Proof||Address Proof||Income proof|
Kotak Credit Cards Annual Fee
An annual fee is something that most of the individuals consider before applying for a credit card as everyone wants a card that they can afford. People having a high annual income might look for premium cards with high annual fees and those having a low income will definitely want a low annual fee card. The annual fee of some of the popular Kotak Bank Credit Card is mentioned below in the table. Along with the fee, you can also check the condition to get your annual/joining fee waived off:
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Joining Fee Waiver condition *||Renewal Fee Waiver condition *|
|Privy League Signature Credit Card||Rs. 2500 + GST||NA||On spending Rs. 5 lakhs in the preceding year.|
|Zen Signature Credit Card||Rs. 1500 + applicable taxes||NA||On spending Rs. 1,50,000|
|Royale Signature Credit Card||Rs. 999||NA||On spending Rs. 1,00,000|
|League Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 499 + applicable taxes||NA||On spending Rs. 50,000|
|Essentia Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 749 + GST||NA||NIL|
|811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card||NIL||NIL||NIL|
|PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 999||NA||NIL|
|PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card||Rs. 499||NA||NIL|
*spends within 60 days
**spend within an anniversary year
Other Fees and Charges
Other than the annual fee, there are a few more charges, (like the interest rate, foreign currency markup fee, late payment charges, cash advance fee, etc), that should be considered by you before choosing a card for yourself. You can check some of the most important charges that are applicable on Kotak Credit Cards in the table below:
|Interest Rate||– 2.49% on Privy League Signature Card
– 3.4% to 3.5% per month on all other cards.
|Cash Advance Fee||– Rs. 300 on every Rs. 10,000 withdrawal|
|Forex Markup Fee||– 2% on Privy League Signature Card (paid variant)
– 3.5% on all other cards.
How To Apply for Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Online?
Apply for Kotak Mahindra Bank credit cards using online mode or by visiting the nearest branch as follows:
- Keep your documents with yourself.
- Visit https://www.kotak.com/en/home.html.
- Select the credit card you wish to apply for.
- Click on the Apply button.
- On clicking the apply button you will be redirected to a new webpage fill out the application form carefully.
- Attach required documents and submit the application form.
To track your application status, go to: https://www.kotak.com/en/transaction-services/track-application.html, then select product ‘credit card’ and enter your application number or form number, then click on the submit button. Your application status will reflect upon your screen.
To know detailed steps to check your Kotak Bank Credit Card Application status, click here.
How To Activate Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards?
Once you get your Kotak Bank Credit Card, you will have to activate it before using it for your purchases. You can activate your new Kotak Credit Card using any of the below-mentioned methods:
- You can activate your Kotak Bank Credit Card via a Kotak Bank ATM nearest to you. Just visit the ATM, insert your credit card, and find an option for activation/PIN generation of a new card. Make sure that you have the registered mobile number with you while activating your card.
- You can also contact the Kotak Bank Credit Card customer care on their helpline number 1860 266 2666 and ask the bank executives to help you activate your credit card.
- Another way to activate your Kotak Bank Credit Card is to do it via internet banking. Just log in to your internet banking account and find an option for activation or PIN generation of a credit card.
- If you are unable to activate your card using any of the methods mentioned above, you can also visit your nearest Kotak Bank branch and ask the bank officials to help you with the same.
Kotak Bank Credit Cards Login/Net Banking
You can register your Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card for internet banking by following a few steps mentioned below:
- Visit Kotak Bank’s internet banking page.
- Under the option ‘Need Help?’ click on ‘Register Kotak Netbanking.’
- You will be redirected to a new age where you will have to enter the CRN number that you have received with your credit card. After entering this, click on ‘Continue.’
- Enter all the required details like your registered mobile number, name, credit card number, etc, and proceed further accordingly.
- Your card will be successfully registered for internet banking after this.
For more information about Kotak Bank Credit Card login/internet banking, you can visit this page.
Kotak Credit Cards Customer Care
There might be situations when you have doubts related to your Credit Card and you need to contact customer care urgently. Following are a few contact details that you can use to contact Kotak Bank Credit Card customer care:
- For any urgent assistance that you need, you can contact customer care via call on 1860 266 2666.
- You can also contact them via email at [email protected]
- If your doubts still remain unresolved, you can visit your nearest branch.
For more detailed information about Kotak Bank Credit Card customer care, click here.
Which Kotak Bank Credit Card is Best?
Kotak Mahindra Bank issues a wide range of credit cards with different features and fees and charges. No one card can be considered the best for everyone, but different Kotak Bank Credit Cards can be the right choice for different people depending on their spending habits and requirements. Some people might be looking for low annual fee cards with only basic features, and some might look for premium cards with world-class benefits and high annual fees. Moreover, different people can have different spend categories. Some of you might be spending the most on shopping, some on travel, and others on lifestyle or entertainment categories. Accordingly, the card providing the maximum benefits in your spend category will be the best card for you.
How To Compare Kotak Credit Cards and Choose The Best One?
Before applying for a credit card, it is really important to compare it with other similar cards and then go with the one that seems to suit you the best. Now, if you want to choose the best Kotak Bank Credit Card for you, you should first make a rough idea of what type of card you want. Decide a range of the annual fee that you can afford, note down the categories on which you spend the most, and then make a list of all the Kotak Bank Credit Cards that lie within that range. After this, filter out the cards that are best suited for the categories where you spend the most. The last and the most important thing you need to do is compare all the filtered out cards on the basis of their fees and features and then go with the one that seems to offer the maximum rewards and benefits with the minimum charges.
Lifetime Free Kotak Credit Cards
Following are the top no annual fee credit cards offered by the Kotak Mahindra Bank:
Kotak 811 #DreamDifefrent Credit Card: The Kotak 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card is a secured credit card that comes with a zero annual fee and offers a decent reward rate to the cardholders. Along with being a lifetime free credit card, it can also be considered the best choice for people who don’t have a credit history. You can get this card against a fixed deposit and build your credit score to get unsecured credit cards with greater benefits.
Kotak Fortune Gold Credit Card: The Kotak Fortune Gold Card is another lifetime free credit card issued by the bank. It can be considered a unique offering by the bank as it doesn’t;t reward its customers on daily spends, but on the basis of milestone spends. Being a no-annual fee credit card with decent privileges, it is a good option for people who are new to the world of credit cards and want to start their journey with a very basic one.
No, only Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, and Royale Signature Credit Card provide complimentary lounge access from the above mentioned cards.
No, you will not be charged any redemption fee while redeeming your reward points on any of these above mentioned cards.
Yes, on Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, Royale Signature Credit Card, and League Platinum Credit Card, your renewal fee will be waived off on achieving the milestone spending. Apart from these cards no other cards listed above provide a spend based waiver.
You can easily check your application anywhere and at any time. You just have to click on the given link https://www.kotak.com/en/transaction-services/track-application.html and fill the required fields like application number or form number and your application status will be reflected on your screen.
Yes, you can apply online for a Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card through your phone by going on to the official website and selecting the card you wish to apply for. Click on ‘apply now’ and you’ll be asked whether you’re an existing customer or a new applicant.
You can provide any one from Aadhar card, voter id, passport, driving license, etc. as address proof to get a card issued from the Kotak Mahindra Bank.
You can either block your card by logging in to net banking or by logging in to mobile banking. After that go to service request under credit card and report lost/damaged card. You can also send an SMS: KCCLOST(space)(last four digits of credit card number) from your registered number to 5676788 (standard SMS charges applicable). If you still face any problem in blocking your credit card you can visit the below-given link:
Every card has its own salary or income requirement. Sometimes, these requirements are based on the sole discretion of the bank. It can differ from individual to individual. However, while applying for a credit card from the online portal you will find the eligibility criteria in card descriptions which will help you make an informed decision.
Depending on your payment due date the interest free period can range from 18-48 days to 21-51 days with all Kotak Mahindra Bank credit cards.
Kotak Mahindra bank do not charge any add-on card fee on these credit cards: Privy League Signature Credit Card, Zen Signature Credit Card, Royale Signature Credit Card, League Platinum Credit Card, and 811 #DreamDifferent Credit Card.