Standard Chartered Bank, India is a subsidiary institution of the London-based Standard Chartered Bank. The bank was established in 1969 as an outcome of the merger of two international banks- The Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China, and Standard Bank of British South Africa. The Chartered Bank was established in 1853 and had been operational in India since 1858. As of today, Standard Chartered Bank is the largest foreign bank in the country in respect of the branch network and the number of employees. Citizens all across the country trust Standard Chartered credit cards and like the features and benefits offered by them.
As far as the credit card business is concerned, from travel to shopping and lifestyle to premium, Standard Chartered delivers all categories of credit cards. With 11,02,760 active credit cards (as of November 2022), Standard Chartered is the third-largest foreign card issuer in the country only next to American Express and Citibank. The bank has a decent range of credit cards available in its portfolio and in the very first month of the year 2023, the bank launched the new Rewards Credit Card as well. If you want to know more about the credit cards offered by the Standard Chartered Bank, continue reading:
List of Best Standard Chartered Credit Cards
With a lot of Standard Chartered Credit Cards in the market, you might not be able to go through the features & benefits of all of them and choose one according to your needs. We are here with detailed information about the top Standard Chartered Credit Cards in India. Following is a list of some of the most popular credit cards offered by Standard Chartered in the Indian market.
- Standard Chartered Rewards Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
- Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Emirates World Credit Card
- Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card
Best Suited For
Fuel | Shopping |
Reward Points |
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Standard Chartered Credit Cards Features and Benefits
The Standard Chartered Bank issues various credit cards with several exciting features and benefits over different categories, including activation benefits, rewards/cashback benefits, travel privileges, milestone benefits, and much more. Following is the list of general benefits that you can get with a Standard Chartered Credit Card:
- Welcome Benefits: When you join the card membership or pay the joining fee of a Standard Chartered Card, you get welcome benefits. These benefits can be in the form of bonus Reward Points, gift vouchers, accelerated cashback, etc.
- Reward Points/Cashback: Every time you pay using your Standard Chartered Credit Card, you get rewarded with reward points or cash back. These Reward Points can be more or less on different categories, and the reward rate also varies for different SC Cards.
- Travel Benefits: Keeping travel lovers in mind, the Standard Chartered Bank offers some credit cards with exciting travel benefits, such as complimentary airport lounge access, discount on flight/hotel bookings, complimentary travel-related memberships, and many more.
- Milestone Benefits: You get the milestone benefits when you achieve a minimum required spends within a specific time period. The milestone benefits can also be in the form of bonus Reward points, gift vouchers, etc, just like the welcome benefits.
- Other Benefits: Other benefits that you can avail of using Standard Chartered Credit Cards include a 1% fuel surcharge waiver, zero liability protection, spend-based waiver of the annual fee, and many more.
Top 7 Standard Chartered Credit Cards
With different Standard Chartered Credit Cards available in the market, some individuals might find it a bit hard to go through the benefits and features of all of them & find out the best one for themselves. To help them out, we have mentioned the Top Standard Chartered Credit Cards alon with their features and benefits below:
SC Ultimate Credit Card
The Ultimate credit card by the Standard Chartered bank, as the keyword Ultimate suggests, is the most premium offering by the bank. The card has an annual fee of Rs. 5,000 and provides you a plethora of benefits, including a lower interest rate and a lower foreign currency markup, complimentary domestic and international lounge access, golf privileges, etc. The following pointers summarise the key features of the Ultimate credit card-
- Welcome benefit of 6000 reward points.
- 5 reward points per Rs. 150 spent using the card.
- 2% foreign currency markup fee.
- 5% cashback on duty-free spends at airports.
- Domestic and international lounge access at over 1,000 airports around the world.
- 5,000 reward points each year when the card membership is renewed.
- Air accident cover by HDFC EGRO General Insurance.
- Golf benefits through Golflan Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Standard Chartered Rewards Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Rewards credit card is recently launched by the issuer and is exclusively for people who make lots of retail spends with their card. The card does not charge any joining fee, but you have to pay a renewal fee of Rs. 1000 plus taxes. Even the reward rate on the card is high offering 4x RPs on retail spends and an additional 4x RPs on crossing the monthly spend milestone. Also, you get a renewal fee waiver and 1% fuel surcharge waiver with the card.
- 4x reward points on retail spends
- 1x reward points on government and insurance spends
- Additional 4x reward points on crossing the monthly spend milestone
- Complimentary domestic lounge access
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver and spend-based renewal fee waiver
SC EaseMyTrip Credit Card
The Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip credit card is a co-branded credit card offered by Standard Chartered Bank in collaboration with EaseMyTrip. As the same suggests, it is a travel Credit card that offers great benefits on Hotel and Flight booking via EaseMyTrip. Apart from this, the card also offers complimentary access to domestic and international lounges. Following are the features of the SC EaseMyTrip credit card:
- 1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
- 2 complimentary international lounge access every year.
- 10x Reward Points on airline apps/outlets/websites or at standalone hotels.
- 2x Reward Points on every retail spend.
- Up to 20% discount on Hotel and Flight booking via EaseMyTrip.
SC Emirates World Credit Card
The Emirates World credit card by Standard Chartered is one of the premium travel credit cards in the Indian credit card space. You have to pay an annual membership fee of Rs. 3,000 for this card. The card earns you reward points as Emirates Skywards Miles which are automatically transferred to your Skywards account at the end of each payment cycle. Following are some of the key features of the Standard Chartered Emirates World card-
- 4000 Skywards miles as a Welcome Gift.
- 6 Skywards miles per Rs. 150 on all Emirates transactions.
- 3 Skywards miles per Rs. 150 on other transactions.
- Complimentary domestic airport lounge access.
- 2 complimentary international lounge access on spending Rs. 10,000 or more in the previous month.
- 5% Cashback on duty-free shopping at airports.
- 1 complimentary golf lesson each month and a 50% discount on all golf games.
- Personal overseas air accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore.
SC Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
The Priority Visa Infinite credit card is an exclusive offering for Standard Chartered Priority Banking customers. You need not pay any extra fee for this credit card. It is complimentary for the Priority Banking Customers. Following are the key features of the Visa Infinite credit card-
- Get 5X reward points on every Rs. 100 spent overseas and also on retail fashion.
- 2X reward points every Rs. 100 on all other spends.
- 4 complimentary domestic lounge access (every quarter).
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership, exclusively for international lounge visits at a nominal fee.
- Offers on dining, shopping, & travel, and discounts with the Standard Chartered Good Life program.
- Complimentary overseas air accident insurance (worth Rs. 1.2 crore) and medical insurance (worth USD 25,000).
SC Manhattan Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Manhattan credit card is a mid-level card offered by the bank. You have to pay Rs. 999 per annum as a membership fee for this card. Some of the features of the card are-
- 5% cash back on categories like groceries, departmental stores, and supermarkets.
- 3 Reward Points making other purchases of Rs. 150.
- Welcome benefit of 5,000 bonus Reward Points.
- Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 1,20,000 or more in the preceding year.
SC Platinum Rewards Credit Card
The Platinum Rewards credit card is an entry-level shopping card by the Standard Chartered Bank. The card has a membership fee of Rs. 250 per annum. The following are the key features of this credit card-
- 1 reward point per Rs. 150 spent on all categories of spends.
- 5X Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent on dining and fuel purchases.
- Renewal Fee Waiver on spending Rs. 60,000 or more in the previous year.
SC Super Value Titanium Credit Card
The Super Value Titanium credit card is a mid-level lifestyle credit card offered by Standard Chartered Bank. With a membership fee of Rs. 750 per annum, the card offers you the following benefits-
- 5% cash back per month on fuel, utility bill payments, and phone bills.
- 1 reward point on every Rs. 150 spent on all other categories of spends.
- Complimentary lounge access worldwide.
- 100% cashback up to Rs 1,500 on fuel transactions in the first 90 days of card activation.
- Annual fee waiver on spends of Rs 90,000 in the previous year.
Reward Points and Cashback Benefits
The following table will make you understand the reward rate of all the popular Standard Chartered Credit Cards. The Rewards/cashback rate may vary for different cards in different categories. Refer to the following table to know more about the same:
|Credit Cards||Reward Points / Cashback|
|Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card||
5 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent using the card.
5% cashback on purchases from airport duty-free stores (max cashback capped at Rs. 1,000). No reward points on purchases that earn cashback.
|Standard Chartered Rewards Credit Card||
4 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent on retail spends
1 Reward Point per Rs. 150 spent on government and insurance spends
|Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card||
2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on retail transactions.
10x Rewards on booking tickets at standalone hotels, apps, or websites.
|Standard Chartered Emirates World Credit Card||
6 Skywards miles per Rs. 150 on Emirates transactions.
3 skywards miles per Rs. 150 on all other spends.
5% cashback on purchases from airport duty-free stores (max cashback capped at Rs. 1,000). No reward points on purchases that earn cashback.
|Standard Chartered Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card||
5X reward points for every Rs. 100 spent overseas or on retail fashion.
2X reward points on all other spends.
|Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card||
5% cashback on groceries, departmental stores, and supermarkets (maximum cashback of Rs. 500 in a month). This cashback is only applicable on a minimum transaction of Rs. 1000.
3 reward points per Rs. 150 spent using the card.
|Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card||
Up to 20% off on Myntra, subject to a maximum discount of Rs 700 per transaction.
Up to 10% discount on Grofers, subject to a maximum amount of Rs 1,000 per transaction per month.
|Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card||
5 reward points per Rs. 1,000 on dining and fuel spends.
1 reward point per Rs. 150 on all other spends.
|Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card||
5% cashback on fuel spends across all fuel stations up to Rs 200 per month. Maximum cashback of up to Rs 100 per transaction (applicable only on transactions of Rs 2000 or below).
Up to 5% cashback on utility bill payments on minimum transactions of Rs 750. Maximum cashback of Rs 100 per month.
Up to 5% cashback on telephone bill payments subject to a minimum limit of Rs 750. Maximum cashback capped at Rs 200 per month.
1 reward point on every Rs. 150 spent on other categories of spends.
- The reward points earned can be redeemed against shopping vouchers (from popular brands like Croma, Nykaa, Shoppers Stop, etc.) and charity spends on the Standard Chartered online portal under the 360° rewards program.
- 1 Reward Point is equivalent to Re. 1.
- These reward points are valid for 3 years.
Standard Chartered Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that the applicants need to be fulfilled to get approved for a credit card from the Standard Chartered Bank may depend on various factors including the applicant’s age, annual income, credit history, etc. Some basic eligibility requirements for SC Credit Cards are given below:
- The age of the applicant should be between 21 to 65 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income, i.e, the applicant should be salaried/self-employed.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history.
The bank requires your identity proof, proof of income, and address proof to process your credit card application. The following table illustrates the documents accepted as identity proof, address proof, and proof of income.
|Identity Proof||Address Proof||Proof of Income|
Different Standard Chartered Credit Cards come with different joining/annual fees targeting different segments of individuals. Generally, a card with a higher annual fee offers more exciting benefits as compared to a card having a lower annual fee. The following table will help you to understand the annual membership fee of some of the most popular Standard Chartered Credit Cards:
|Credit Cards||Joining Fee||Renewal Fee||Spends Based Waiver|
|Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card||Rs. 5,000 per annum||Rs. 5,000 per annum||None|
|Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card||Rs. 350 per annum||Rs. 350 per annum||The renewal fee s waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.|
|Standard Chartered Emirates World Credit Card||Rs. 3,000 per annum||Rs. 3,000 per annum||None|
|Standard Chartered Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card||Nil||Nil||N/A|
|Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card||Rs. 999 per annum||Rs. 999 per annum||The renewal fee waived off on spending Rs. 1,20,000 or more in the previous year.|
|Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card||Rs. 49 per month||Rs. 49 per month||You get a spend-based monthly fee waiver of Rs 49, on a monthly spend of Rs 5,000 or more in the previous month.|
|Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card||Rs. 250 per annum||Rs. 250 per annum||Renewal fee waiver on annual spends of Rs. 60,000 or more in the previous year.|
|Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card||Rs. 750 per annum||Rs. 750 per annum||Annual fee waived off on expenditure of Rs 90,000 in the previous year.|
Other Fees & Charges
Apart from the joining/annual fee, a credit card can have a few more charges as well. These charges include cash advance fee, interest rate, over-limit charges, late payment fee, foreign currency markup fee, reward redemption fee, and many more. The following are the most important fees and charges applicable on SC Credit Cards:
|Interest Charges||3.75% per month.|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the withdrawn amount or a minimum of Rs. 300.|
|Forex Markup Fee||3.5% of the total transaction amount.|
How to Apply for Standard Chartered Credit Cards:
The SC Bank provides its customers with online as well as offline methods to apply for a credit card. To apply offline, just visit your nearest Standard Chartered branch along with all the required documents and fill in the application form there. To apply online for the Standard Chartered credit cards, follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Go to the credit cards homepage on the Standard Chartered website.
- Choose the credit card you wish to apply for.
- Click/tap on the “Apply Now” button.
You’ll be required to submit the below-mentioned documents to complete your application. If accepted, your credit card will be mailed to your address.
Standard Chartered Credit Cards Application Status
If you have already applied for SC credit card, you can track the status of your application by reaching the Standard Chartered Credit Card customer care or by visiting the Standard Chartered Bank branch nearest to you. Just provide the branch officials/customer care executives with your application number, registered mobile number, etc, and get the status of your application in seconds.
How To Activate Standard Chartered Credit Cards?
The Standard Chartered Bank provides its customers with several ways to activate their credit cards online or offline at their comfort. Refer to the following points to understand the same in detail:
- You can easily activate your credit card by logging in to Standard Chartered internet banking account. Just find the ‘Help and Services’ section and then generate your card’s PIN under the ‘Card management’ section.
- You can also contact the Standard Chartered Credit Card customer care and request the bank executives to help you with credit card activation. Just follow the instruction given by the customer care executives and your card will be activated in a few seconds.
Standard Chartered Credit Cards Login/Netbanking
To make banking and credit card-related tasks easier for its customers, Standard Chartered Bank provides its customers with an internet banking facility. To register your SC Credit Card with internet banking, follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the Standard Chartered Bank’s official website.
- Click on “register now’ and then on ‘continue to login.’
- Click on instant registration.
- Enter the required details of your credit card and proceed further accordingly.
Read detailed steps for SC Credit Cards internet banking login here.
SC Credit Cards Customer Care
In case of doubts/queries or complaints reagarding your Standard Chartered Credit Card services, you can reach the bank’s customer care executives on the following contact details:
- You can contact customer care via call on any of these toll-free helpline numbers: 6601 4444/ 3940 4444/ 1800 345 1000.
- To contact via email, you can write and send your queries to [email protected].
Best SC Credit Cards With No Annual Fee:
The Standard Chartered Bank offers only one lifetime free credit card, which is the Standard Chartered Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card which is issued only to priority banking customers. So, in general, the bank doesn’t issue any credit card having a zero annual fee but you can have a low annual fee card from the bank. Some low annual fee cards issued by the SC Bank include the Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card, which comes with a monthly membership fee of Rs. 49, and the Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card that comes with an annual fee of Rs. 250.
Best Standard Chartered Rewards Credit Cards:
All the Standard Chartered Credit Cards reward you in the form of points, cash back, or miles. Talking about the best Standard Chartered Credit Cards offering Reward Points, the following cards can be considered at the top of the list:
Standard Chartered Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card: It is the most premium card issued by the bank that is exclusively for priority banking customers. With this card, get 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 you spend on international purchases & fashion and 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent elsewhere.
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card: It is a basic card issued by the bank that comes with a nominal annual fee and hence is affordable for all. It also earns you up to 5 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent, and the reward points you earn can be redeemed against a host of options available at the 360-degree rewards portal.
Standard Chartered RPs can be redeemed for shopping vouchers (from popular brands like Nykaa, Shoppers Stop, etc.) and charity spends on the Standard Chartered online portal under the 360 rewards program. 1 reward point = Re. 1.
Standard Chartered reward points are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of accrual and expire thereafter.
No, the Priority Visa Infinite credit card is exclusive for the bank’s Priority Banking customers.
As your address is not printed on the PAN card, it is not accepted as a proof of address. However, it is accepted as an identity proof.
In case you need any assistance, or to report the loss of card you can contact the Standard Chartered customer care call center at 66014444 / 39404444 (prefix STD code) or dial their toll-free number 18003451000. Alternatively, you can also drop them a mail at [email protected].