Kotak Mahindra Bank recently launched its White credit card with a unique method of rewarding its card members in the form of White Pass value. It can be considered a toned-down version of the Kotak White Reserve Credit Card, which is a super-premium card offered by the bank. This White Pass rewarding system is more like a milestone benefit as you gain White Pass value upon achieving spends-based milestones. This White Pass value can be redeemed against shopping vouchers on the Kotak White portal. You also get complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access with this card. Read on to learn more about this offering by the Kotak Mahindra bank.
Kotak White Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Earn Reward Points as White Pass value post crossing the expenditure milestone of Rs. 2 lakh
White Pass value redeemable for vouchers from partner brands
8 complimentary domestic lounge access annually (2/quarter), 4 complimentary international lounge access every year with Priority Pass
Domestic Lounge Access
8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year (2/quarter)
International Lounge Access
4 complimentary international lounge access annually with Priority Pass
Cover against unauthorized use of card worth Rs. 2.5 lakh
Zero Liability Protection
Cover worth Rs. 2.5 lakh from 7 days prior to reporting the loss of card
Spend Based Waiver
Annual fee waived on expenditure of Rs. 5 lakh in the preceeding year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% + GST
3.1% per month (37.2% annually)
Waived for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 (max waiver of Rs. 3,500/year)
Cash Advance Charges
Rs. 300 per Rs. 10,000 (or part thereof) withdrawn.
Add-on Card Fee
- Rewards as White Pass value.
- Earn White Pass value on achieving spends-based milestones.
- Voucher worth Rs. 1,500 on the expenditure of Rs. 30,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
- 4 complimentary international lounge access with Priority Pass membership.
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year (2 per quarter).
- Fuel and railway surcharge waiver.
- Protection against unauthorized transactions worth Rs. 2.5 lakh from 7 days prior to reporting the loss of card.
Kotak White Credit Card Features and Benefits
The White Credit Card is a popular credit card offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank that comes with a unique rewards program and several other exciting privileges. The detailed features and benefits of this card are given below:
You get a gift voucher worth Rs. 1,500 on spending Rs. 30,000 in the first 60 days of card setup.
- 8 complimentary airport lounge access within India (max 2 per quarter) with benefits like comfortable seating, gourmet meal, widescreen TVs, newspaper and magazines, free Wi-Fi, etc.
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership with access to over 1,300 airport lounges across 148 countries.
- 4 complimentary international airport lounge access every year with Priority Pass membership.
Lost card liability cover worth Rs. 2.5 lakh against unauthorized transactions applicable from 7 days prior to the time of reporting the loss of card to the bank.
- 1% fuel surcharge waived at all fuel stations across India for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000. Maximum waiver capped at Rs. 3,500/year.
- 1.8% to 2.5% railway surcharge waived on rail ticket bookings from IRCTC website or on railway counters. Maximum waiver capped at Rs. 500 per year.
Kotak Bank White Credit Card Rewards:
You earn reward points as White Pass value with this credit card. The White Pass is unlocked once you cross the milestone expenditure of Rs. 2 lakh, post which you earn White Pass value for incremental spends as per the table below.
|Spends||WHITE Pass Value (incremental)||WHITE Pass Value (cumulative)|
|<2 lakhs||Rs. 0||Rs. 0|
|2 – <4 lakhs||Rs. 2000||Rs. 2000|
|4 – <6 lakhs||Rs. 4000||Rs. 6000|
|6 – < 9 lakhs||Rs. 6000||Rs. 12000|
|9 – < 12 lakhs||Rs. 7000||Rs. 19000|
|12 lakhs & above||Rs. 8000||Rs. 27000|
You may consider White Pass as a virtual wallet. The White Pass value accumulated can be redeemed against shopping vouchers from popular brands including Amazon, Taj Hotels, Hugo Boss, Nature’s Basket, Lakme, and many more from the Kotak White portal.
Kotak White Credit Card Eligibility:
The eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to get the Kotak White Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- The primary cardmember must be between 28 and 65 years of age.
- The add-on cardholder should be 18 years or above.
- The annual income of the applicant must be Rs. 25 lakh or above.
- The card can be issued only at select locations in India – Delhi/Noida/Gurgoan, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Pune.
You will need a few documents like identity/address proof (like Aadhar card, Voter card, driving license, etc.) for KYC and proof of income like salary slips (for salaried applicants) or ITR (for self-employed applicants).
How to apply for the Kotak White Credit Card?
- Applying for Kotak cards is very simple. You can apply online by simply visiting the card’s page on the bank’s website. Alternatively, you can also fill this form on the bank’s website, and their officials will get in touch with you.
- One can also apply offline by visiting their nearest Kotak Bank branch and filling out the physical application form there. Just make to carry all the necessary documents along with you.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank provides priority attend service to their White Credit Card holders. For any assistance related to your card, you can simply SMS ‘KPRIVY’ to 5676788 and bank officials will get back to you within 30 minutes. This service is available between 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday through Saturday excluding the second and fourth Saturday and bank holidays.
- To report the loss of card you can dial 1800 209 0000 (24×7 operational toll-free number).
Considering all the benefits and the White Pass rewarding system (which is essentially a milestone rewards system), the annual membership fee of Rs. 3,000 seems to be slightly on the higher side. The good part about the White Pass is that you accumulate White Pass value on all categories of spending. Having said that, you should consider this card only if you are sure that your annual expenditure will cross the White Pass activation threshold of Rs. 2 lakh.
What do you think of this card by Kotak Mahindra Bank? And what’s your opinion about this novel rewarding method adopted by the bank for their White cardmembers? Do let us know in the comments below.
No. You have to spend a minimum of Rs. 2 Lakh to activate your White Pass.
Your White Pass value is valid until 3 months after the card’s anniversary year. For example, if you booked your card in January 2021, your White Pass value will be valid until March 2022.
No. The complimentary international lounge access (under the Priority Pass program) is applicable only for the primary cardholders. Lounge visits by add-on cardholders and accompanying guests are chargeable at USD 27 / guest/visit.
The White Pass value can be redeemed against shopping vouchers from popular brands on the Kotak White portal.
Yes. You do get a zero liability protection worth Rs. 2.5 lakh applicable from 7 days prior to the time of reporting the loss of card.