Issued by the Kotak Mahindra bank, the Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card is aimed at providing its customers with great rewarding experiences. It earns you Rewards in the form of Mojo Points, which can be redeemed against various categories, including shopping, travel, etc, and even against the outstanding statement. With this card, you earn 1 Mojo Point on every offline spend of Rs. 100, and you earn extra Reward Points for your spends on online purchases and KayMall. You can also earn gift vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 every quarter on achieving the milestone spend. To give extra luxurious travel experiences, this card provides you with complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
With such an affordable membership fee of Rs. 1,000 only, the card is providing you with all the benefits, which makes the annual fee totally worth it. Moreover, there are several ways in which you can save with this card, including the joining & renewal fee waiver, fuel & railway surcharge waiver, etc. Keep reading the following details to know all about the Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card:
Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Reward Points |
- Get 1 Mojo Point on every Rs. 100 you spend.
- Get 2.5x Mojo Points on online spends and 5x Mojo Points on KayMall spends.
- Mojo Points redeemable against the outstanding statement.
- Get complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
- Gift vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 on achieving the milestone spend.
- Spend-based joining and renewal fee waiver.
- Insurance cover against a lost/stolen card.
- Save more through fuel surcharge waiver & railway surcharge waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
1 Mojo Point on every Rs. 100 spent. 2.5 Mojo Points on every online spend of Rs. 100. 5 Mojo Points on every Rs. 100 on KayMall.
The Mojo Points you earn can be redeemed against various categories at kotakrewards.com at a rate of 1 Mojo Point = Rs. 0.25.
Get complimentary airport lounge access every year
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
International Lounge Access
Insurance cover worth Rs. 1.25 lakhs against unauthorized transactions on a lost/stolen card
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability protection against a lost/stolen card is provided if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
The joining fee is waived off on spending Rs. 30,000 or more within the first 90 days and the renewal fee is waived off on spending Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all the foreign currency transactions
3.5% per month
You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel stations for all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 & Rs. 3,000
Cash Advance Charge
Rs. 300 for every withdrawal of Rs. 10,000
Add-on Card Fee
Kotak Bank Mojo Platinum Credit Card – Key Highlights
The most important points you must know about the Kotak mojo Platinum Card are given below in the table:
|Best Suited For||Shopping|
|Joining/Annual Fee||Rs. 1,000|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum age – 21 years.
Minimum income – Rs. 4 lakhs per annum
|Benefits||Up to 5 Mojo Points on every spend of Rs. 100|
|Lounge Access||2 free domestic lounge visits per quarter.|
Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Kotak Mojo Platinum Card is a basic credit card offered by the Kotak Mahindra Bank that comes with a quite good reward rate and several great benefits across other categories, including travel, lifestyle, and many more. The detailed benefits & features of this card are as follows:
- You get gift vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs 1 lakh or more in a quarter.
- This benefit is applicable for the first year only.
You get 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every quarter (8 per year).
If your credit card is lost/stolen, you get an insurance cover worth Rs. 1.25 lakhs against any fraudulent usage of your card.
- You get a railway surcharge waiver on railway ticket bookings at irctc.co.in and on Indian railway booking counters.
- Instead of trying again & again to reach the bank to pay your due bills, you just need to SMS “KASSIST” to 5676788 and you will surely get a back call within 2 hours.
Joining and Renewal Fee Waiver
- The joining fee is waived off if you spend Rs. 30,000 or more within the first 90 days after the card issuance.
- The renewal fee is waived off if you spend Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- The 1% fuel surcharge is waived off for all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 & Rs. 3,000.
- The maximum benefit through fuel surcharge is capped at Rs. 3,500 per year.
Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card Rewards
- You get 1 Mojo Points for every spend of Rs. 100.
- You get 2.5 mojo Points for every spend of Rs. 100 on online purchases.
- You get 5 Mojo Points On every Rs. 100 spent on KayMall.
- The maximum benefit is capped at 2250 Mojo Points per billing cycle (750 Mojo Points on each category).
- You don’t earn any Mojo Points on fuel purchases.
- The Mojo Points are valid for 1 year from the date of accumulation.
- The Mojo Points you earn can be redeemed on https://kotakrewards.com/ against several categories, including travel, movies (BookMyShow vouchers), shopping, e-vouchers, etc, at a rate of 1 Mojo Point = Rs. 0.25.
- The earned Mojo Points can also be redeemed against the outstanding statement by calling the bank’s customer care. For redemption against the outstanding statement, 1 Mojo Point = Re. 1.
Kotak Mojo Platinum Card Fees and Charges
There are several fees and charges associated with every credit card. Some of the important charges that are applicable on the Mojo Kotak Credit Card are as follows:
- The joining and annual fee of the Kotak Mojo Credit card is Rs. 1,000. However, the cardholders can make their credit card absolutely free by fulfilling the required fee waiver conditions.
- This credit card charges an interest rate of 3.5% per month.
- The forex markup fee on the Mojo Kotak Credit Card is 3.5% of the total amount that has been transacted in a foreign currency.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is Rs. 300 for every withdrawal of Rs. 10,000.
Kotak Mojo Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility requirements that need to be fulfilled by your if you want to get approved for this card. Some basic eligibility criteria for the Mojo Kotak Credit Card are given below:
- The age of the applicant (primary cardholder) should be between 21 years and 65 years.
- The applicant should be a resident of India.
- The net annual income of the applicant should be 4 lakhs or more.
The list of all the important documents required to apply for the Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card is given below:
- Proof of Identity: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s Id, etc.
- Proof of Address: Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Latest water/electricity bills, rent agreement, etc.
- Proof of Income: Latest months’ salary slips/bank statements or latest audited ITR.
How To Apply for Kotak Mojo Platinum Card?
You can apply for a Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card offline by visiting the nearest branch. Just make sure to carry all the above-mentioned documents with you and fill out the physical application form there. You also get to apply for the card online by following a few steps as follows:
- Visit Kotak bank official website
- Click on the option ‘Explore Products.’
- Go to the option ‘Cards’
- Select ‘Credit Cards.’
- Choose the ‘Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card,’ and click on apply now. Fill in all the required details & complete all the formalities as instructed by the website.
The Kotak Mojo Platinum is a basic and affordable credit card that rewards you for almost all your spends. The Mojo Points you earn using this card can be really advantageous as you can redeem them against the outstanding statement at a rate of 1 Mojo Point = Re. 1. You can save amazingly with this card as you get a spend-based joining & renewal fee waiver through which you can make your card absolutely free to have. Moreover, the gift vouchers you earn under the milestone program allow you to save even more. With all its reward offers, travel benefits, and saving opportunities, the Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card can be considered a great choice for everyone who looks for such a credit card. However, if you are looking for a similar card with a slightly lower annual fee and basic features, you can check out the Kotak Bank League Platinum Credit Card.
This was the review of the Kotak Mojo Credit Card from our side. Let us know what do you think about this card in the comment section below!
You can activate your Kotak Mojo Credit Card easily by logging in to your internet banking account and adding your credit card details there. Another way to do it is to activate your card via an ATM. Just visit the nearest ATM to you, insert your card and find an option for card activation/PIN generation from the main menu.
There is no fixed credit limit that is assigned to every Mojo Platinum Credit cardholder, but it can vary on the basis of different factors including your income, credit score, etc. However, you can always request a higher credit limit from your card issuer by contacting customer care.
Yes, the Mojo Points you earn using your Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card expire after 1 year from the date of accrual.
The maximum benefit you can get through the railway surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 500 per calendar year for the Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card.
Yes, you can redeem your earned Mojo Points against the outstanding statement at a rate of 1 Mojo Point = Re. 1.
The foreign currency markup fee on the Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card is 3.5% on all foreign currency spends.
Yes, you can get the joining fee waived off for your Kotak Mojo Platinum Credit Card by spending Rs. 30,000 or more within the first 90 days after the card set-up date.