Federal Bank is one of the major private sector banks in India that became the first Indian bank to computerize all its branches. With its international representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Oman, Kuwait, Dubai, and Qatar, the bank has more than 1,250 branches spread across different states in India. It offers some exclusive products and services and has become a popular bank. Along with this, it is also a well-known card issuer as the Federal Bank Credit Cards are desired by thousands of individuals in the country. The bank aims to become the most admired bank in the country that would be focused sharply on Small, Medium & Middle enterprises. Talking about its credit card offerings, the bank issues a lesser number of cards as compared to other major card issuers in the country, but all the Federal Bank Cards are among the most exclusive ones in the market. In this article, we will discuss all the Federal Bank Credit Cards and their features, fees & charges, and every other important information in detail. Keep reading for further information:
List of Best Federal Bank Credit Cards in India
Federal Bank currently has a total of four credit cards in its portfolio, of which three are issued on the Visa network and one on the RuPay platform. Other than these cards, Federal Bank also offers a few cards in partnership with SBI Card. All the Federal Bank Cards offer exciting benefits and can be best suited for different segments of individuals. In this article, you can find the list of best Federal Bank Credit Cards and their detailed advantages:
Amazon e-voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 3,000 or more within the first 30 days.
1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100, 2x Reward Points on entertainment categories, and 3x Reward Points on electronics and apparel.
Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000
3 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on groceries & healthcare, 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on utility spends, and 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent on other categories.
Federal Credit Cards Features and Benefits
Federal Bank offers several credit cards, each having its own advantages. Each card is targeted at a different segment of people and comes with exclusive privileges across various categories. Some of the general benefits that you may get with all the Federal Bank Cards are as follows:
- Welcome Benefits: The cardholders get welcome benefits when they newly join a Federal Credit Card membership. These benefits can be of different types with different cards, and you will most probably receive the, after paying the joining fee.
- Federal Credit Card Rewards: Every time you spend using your Federal Bank Credit Card, you save something in the form of Reward Points. However, the reward rate can be different for different cards, and it can also vary for different categories, but you will surely save on all your spends.
- Travel Benefits: Some Federal Credit Cards also offer travel benefits, like complimentary lounge access, discount offers on travel-related bookings, and many more.
- Movie & Dining Benefits: Movie & dining benefits that might be offered with Federal Bank Cards include complimentary movie tickets under the buy 1 get 1 free offer, discounts, and deals on dining, etc.
- Other Benefits: Other benefits that the cardholders may avail of with these cards include complimentary insurance covers, fuel surcharge waiver, zero liability protection, and many more.
Top Federal Bank Credit Cards
The Federal Bank recently started issuing 3 credit cards in partnership with Visa after RBI banned Mastercard from issuing new credit cards. Before that, the bank was issuing 3 cards (Federal Bank Mastercard Celesta Credit Card, Federal Bank Mastercard Imperio Credit Card, and Federal Bank Mastercard Signet Credit Card) with Mastercard. The credit cards issued by the Bank in partnership with Visa are:
Federal Visa Celesta Credit Card
Federal Visa Celesta Credit Card is issued by the bank targeting high net worth individuals. This card comes with exclusive benefits over almost all the categories, including travel, dining, entertainment, reward offers, and many more. Moreover, with a very nominal joining fee, the card has all the advantages of a premium credit card that make it even more attractive. Some of the main features of this card include:
- Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 2,000 as a welcome benefit.
- Up to 3 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movie tickets every month.
- Complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access.
- Lowest forex markup fee of 2% only.
Federal Visa Imperio Credit Card
Federal Visa Imperio Credit Card is also among the newly launched credit cards by the bank and targets family-oriented individuals. Keeping the requirements of its targeted audience in mind, the card provides all the exclusive benefits and reward offers that one can expect. From reward offers to shopping benefits to travel benefits, the card comes with exciting saving opportunities and offers. The key features of this card include:
- Amazon Gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000 as a welcome benefit.
- Up to 3 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend.
- Buy 1 get 1 free offer on movies once every quarter.
- Complimentary domestic lounge access.
- Up to 15% discount on dining.
Federal Visa Signet Credit Card
The Federal Visa Signet Credit Card targets young professionals and hence comes with the rewards and benefits suiting their requirements. It is a highly affordable credit card and has advantages over several categories, including shopping, travel, dining, entertainment, etc. Other than all the benefits, the card also allows you to save more and more through the fuel surcharge waiver & annual fee waiver provided with it. Following are some of the key features of the card:
- Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome gift.
- Up to 3 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent using the card.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movie tickets once every quarter.
- Complimentary domestic lounge access.
- A discount of up to 15% on dining.
The Signet Credit Card is also issued on the RuPay network and the features and benefits of the RuPay variant are very similar to that of the Visa variant mentioned above. Other than all these cards, Federal Bank also issues a few cards in partnership with SBI Card.
Federal Credit Card Reward Points
As discussed earlier, all the credit cards offered by the Federal Bank come with different reward rates, i.e, you may earn more reward points with one card and lesser with the other. Moreover, the reward rate can also be different for different categories and this is one of the most important things to be checked while choosing the right credit card for yourself. The reward rates of the top Federal Bank Credit Cards are given below in the table:
|Credit Card||Reward Points|
|Federal Bank Visa Celesta Credit Card||
|Federal Bank Visa Imperio Credit Card||
|Federal Bank Visa Signet Credit Card||
The Reward Points you earn using your Federal Bank Cards can be redeemed via the Federal Rewards portal against a wide range of options including shopping, recharges, gift vouchers, and many more. Just log in to the portal using your credit card details and redeem your earned points at a rate of 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25. Also, these reward points are only valid for one year from the date of accrual. Therefore, you need to make sure that you redeem your earned rewards before they expire as then only you will be able to maximize the benefits of your card.
When you try to find the best credit card for yourself, you should compare different credit cards on the basis of various factors and one of the most important factors to be considered here is the annual fee of a credit card. Different segments of individuals might look for different types of cards depending on how much they can afford and what benefits they look for. People having a higher income generally go for high annual fee credit cards and those who have an average income prefer low annual fee credit cards. The following table will make you understand the annual fees of the Top Federal Bank Credit Cards:
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Annual Fee Waiver Condition (spends within 12 months)|
|Federal Bank Visa Celesta Credit Card||Rs. 3,000||Rs. 3,00,000 or more|
|Federal Bank Visa Imperio Credit Card||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 1,50,000 or more|
|Federal Bank Visa Signet Credit Card||Rs. 750||Rs. 75,000 or more|
Other Fees & Charges
Other than the joining and annual fee, there are a lot of important fees & charges that you should check for before applying for a credit card. These charges include cash advance fees, interest charges, forex markup fees, late payments fees, over-limit charges, etc. Some of the most important charges associated with the Federal Bank Credit Cards are given below in the table:
|Credit Card||Interest Rate||Forex Markup Fee|
|Federal Bank Visa Celesta Credit Card||0.49% to 3.49% per month||2%|
|Federal Bank Visa Imperio Credit Card||0.49% to 3.49% per month||3.5%|
|Federal Bank Visa Signet Credit Card||0.49% to 3.49% per month||3.5%|
Federal Bank Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria required for the Federal Bank Cards depend upon various factors including the applicant’s age, income, existing relationship with the bank, credit history, etc. The criteria that need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to get approved for the Federal Bank Credit Cards are mentioned below:
- The age of the salaried individuals should be between 21 years and 60 years.
- The age of self-employed people should be between 21 years and 65 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income, and the minimum income requirements may vary from card to card.
- The applicant should have a decent credit score.
For more detailed information about Federal Bank Credit Cards eligibility criteria, click here.
To apply for a credit card from the Federal Bank, you will also need a few documents, including identity proof, address proof, income proof, etc. The list of all the required documents as mentioned below. Make sure to keep all these documents handy before filling in the application form:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, Voters’ Id, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof: Utility bills, Aadhar Card, and Passport.
- Income Proof: Latest bank statement/salary slips, or Latest ITR.
How To Apply For Federal Bank Credit Card Online?
If you want to apply for a Federal Bank Credit Card, you can do it online as well as offline as per your convenience. To apply offline, you will have to visit your nearest Federal Bank branch with all the required documents and apply by filling in the physical application form. To apply online, you can follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the Federal Bank’s official website.
- Click on ‘Products’ and select ‘Credit Cards’ under the section ‘Cards.’
- Choose the card you want to apply for and click on the ‘Know More’ option under that.
- Click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Fill in all the required details and proceed further accordingly.
If you have already applied for a Federal Bank Card, you can track the status of your application by contacting the bank’s customer care via call or email. You can also check your application status via the Federal Bank’s digital assistant (chatbot) Feddy or by visiting your nearest branch with your application number and other required documents.
For more ways to check your application status, click here.
How To Activate Your Federal Bank Credit Card?
Once you receive your new Federal Bank Credit Card, you can get it activated using any of the below-mentioned methods:
- Visit your nearest Federal Bank ATM, insert your credit card, and find the option to general or change the PIN of your credit card from the main menu. Make sure to carry your registered mobile number as you will have to enter the OTP for verification.
- Another way to activate your credit card is to contact the bank’s customer care and ask the bank officials to help you with the same.
- You can also visit your nearest branch and ask the bank executives to help you activate your credit card. They will ask you for a few details and will get your task done in minutes.
For more detailed steps to activate your Federal Bank Card, check this page.
Federal Bank Credit Cards Login/Netbanking
You can also register your credit card for internet banking and avail of various net banking services provided by the Federal Bank. Following are the steps to register your card for internet banking:
- Visit the Federal Bank’s official website.
- From the main menu, select the ‘Login’ option.
- Click on ‘internet banking’ and choose the ‘Personal Banking’ option.
- You will be directed to the bank’s login page.
- Click on ‘Need an account? Sign Up.’
- Enter the required details and proceed further.
For more detailed steps of Federal Bank Credit Card net banking login, click here.
Federal Bank Credit Cards Customer Care
In case of any queries or complaints regarding your Federal Bank Credit Card, you can contact the bank’s customer care executives via the following contact details:
- You can contact them via call on any of these numbers: 1800-425-1199 or on 1800-420-1199.
- To contact via mail, you can use this email id [email protected]
No, only the Federal Bank Celesta Credit Card provides complimentary international lounge access out of the three cards mentioned above. However, all of them provide domestic lounge access.
The Federal Bank Visa Celesta Credit Card comes with the lowest forex markup fee of 2% only.
The Federal Bank Imperio credit Card would be a great choice for you as it targets family oriented individuals.