Industrial Development Bank of India, also popularly known as IDBI Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary company of Life Insurance Corporations and is one of the largest commercial banks in India. IDBI Bank has a total of 2095 branches and 3394 ATMs spread across the country. IDBI Bank is a development financial institution that is headquartered in Mumbai. The bank has three subsidiary companies namely IDBI Capital Markets, IDBI Intech, and IDBI Asset Management. The bank mainly operates across four business verticals namely retail banking, corporate banking, treasury service, and other banking services. Although the bank is not much popular in terms of its credit card services, a lot of individuals still prefer having IDBI Bank Credit Cards as these cards come with some exclusive benefits that we’ll discuss further in this article:
List of Best IDBI Credit Cards in India:
IDBI Bank announced its entry into the credit card industry in the year 2014 and has a total of 5 credit cards in its portfolio, each having different exciting benefits. As of November 2022, the bank has a total of 43,000+ outstanding credit cards, and the number increasing every day. You can find the list of all IDBI Credit Cards below and choose any one of them according to your requirements/spending behavior. To understand detailed features and other necessary details of all the IDBI Credit Cards, keep reading the article:
Rs 499 + GST
Rs 499 + GST
Best Suited For
500 Welcome bonus on the spending Rs 1500 within 30 days of card issuance and 300 Delight point on spending between 31 days to 90 days
Best Suited For
750 Delight Points if the first transaction of minimum Rs. 1,500 is made with 30 days of card issuance or 400 Delight Points if the first transaction of minimum Rs, 1,500 is made between 31 and 90 days of card issuance.
Best Suited For
Travel | Dining | Shopping |
500 delight points on spending Rs 1500 or above in the first 30 days of issuance of the card and 300 delight points on the spending of Rs 1500 or above in 31 to 90 days of the issuance of the card.
IDBI Credit Cards Features and Benefits
Though IDBI is not that popular in terms of credit card services, it offers some really exclusive cards ranging from premium to basic categories. These cards offer a wide array of advantages across different categories, and the following are some of the general features and benefits that you may get with an IDBI Credit Card:
- Welcome Benefits: The welcome benefits are the gifts or offer the cardholders get when they newly join an IDBI Card membership. The welcome benefits will differ from card to card and will be granted only when you pay the joining fee of the credit card.
- Rewards: Like every other popular card issuer in the country, IDBI Bank rewards its credit card customers every time they spend using their card. The cardholders generally get rewarded in the form of delight points with these cards.
- Travel benefits: Travel benefits that you may get with the IDBI Credit Cards include complimentary lounge access to domestic or international airport lounges, discount offers, deals on travel bookings, etc.
- Other Benefits: Other than all the above-mentioned benefits, the cardholders get zero liability protection, fuel surcharge waiver, insurance benefits, etc.
Top 5 Credit Cards by IDBI Bank
As mentioned above, the IDBI Bank only offers 5 credit cards as of now. All the top credit cards offered by IDBI are given below with their detailed features and benefits. You can check them out and choose one according to your requirements:
IDBI Bank Winnings Credit Card:
This is a premium credit card issued by IDBI Bank. With this card, you earn 2 Delight points on every Rs 100 spent on travel-related expenses. Hotels, Airlines, IRCTC, Bus Bookings. Also, you get 3 Delight points on every Rs 100 spent on other categories. Some of the key features of this credit card are mentioned below.
- 2 Delight Points for every 100 spent using your IDBI Winnings Credit card.
- As a sign-up bonus, you t 10% Cashback*# on all transactions with a minimum value of Rs. 500
- 500 bonus Delight Points with just 5 transactions of value Rs. 1000 each per month as part of the welcome benefit.
- Special accidental cover worth Rs 10 lakhs and personal disability cover Rs 10 lakhs
- C0mplimentary domestic and international lounge access at select airports.
IDBI Euphoria World Credit Card:
IDBI Euphoria World credit card is an entry-level card that comes with several benefits and privileges with no joining fee. With this credit card, you get a welcome benefit of 4000 delight points on the joining fee payment. Given below are some key features of the IDBI Euphoria World credit card.
- 3 Delight Points on every Rs. 100 spent using your IDBI Euphoria World Credit Card
- 6 Delight Points on every Rs. 100 spent on Airline/hotel bookings/ Bus bookings/ IRCTC, etc
- Sign up bonus of 4,000 Delight Points
- Complimentary Domestic Lounge access at select airports
- Air Accident Insurance coverage up to Rs 25 lakhs
- Spend based renewal fee waiver
IDBI Bank Royale Signature Credit Card:
IDBI Bank Royale Signature credit card is a very basic card that comes with some value-added benefits and privileges. With this card, you complimentary domestic lounge access and personal accident cover of Rs 25 lakhs. Some key features of this credit card are mentioned below.
- 3 Delight Points for every Rs. 100 you spend using the card.
- 750 Delight Points if the first transaction of minimum Rs. 1,500 is made with 30 days of card issuance
- Complimentary domestic airport lounge access every quarter
- Air accident cover worth Rs 25 lakhs
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
IDBI Bank Aspire Platinum Credit Card
This card rewards you with exclusive delight points. You get upto 500 delight points on spending Rs 1500 or above in the first 30 days of the card issuance. Also, you get 300 delight points on the spending of Rs 1500 or above 31 to 90 days of the issuance of the card. Given below are some key features of the IDBI bank credit card.
- 2 Delight points for every Rs 150, you spend on shopping, dining, traveling
- 500 Delight points on using your credit card for transactions worth Rs 1500 or above within 30 days of card issuance.
- 300 Delight points on using your credit card for transactions worth Rs 1500 or above within 31 to 90 days of the issuance of the card
- Surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
IDBI Bank Imperium Platinum Credit Card:
The Imperium platinum credit card is a Rupay-powered credit card. The card provides you with 2 Delight points on every Rs 150 spent using this credit card. You get 500 welcome bonus points on the payment of the membership fee. Mentioned below are some key features related to IDBI Bank Imperium Platinum credit card.
- 2 Delight points on every Rs 150 spent on shopping, watching movies, traveling, etc
- Sign up bonus of 500 points on membership fees
- Lost card liability cover
IDBI Bank Credit Card Rewards
Different credit cards issued by IDBI come with different reward rates. The varying reward rate is generally because of the different fees charged by these cards. Cards having a higher annual fee will most probably offer a higher reward rate compared to a card that has a lower fee. Moreover, the reward rate may also vary for different categories. The following table will make you understand the reward rates of all the IDBI Credit Cards clearly:[wpdatatable id=119]
The reward points accumulated on IDBI Bank credit cards can be redeemed at the IDBI Delight reward portal at www.idbidelight.com or Max Get More merchant outlets. 1 Reward Point is equivalent to Rs 0.25 for redemption for all IDBI Bank credit cards. You are charged with any redemption fee of Rs 100 on reward redemption A minimum of 1000 reward points can be redeemed using your IDBI Bank credit card.
When choosing a credit card for yourself, you will have to compare different credit cards on the basis of different factors and the annual fee is one of the most important factors to be considered in such situations. Different IDBI Cards come with different annual fees so that people can choose a card according to their requirements. People who have a higher annual income should prefer high annual fee cards and those who have an average income should go for the basic ones. You can check the joining and annual membership fee of all the IDBI Bank Credit Cards in the following table:
|Credit Card||Joining Fee||Annual Fee|
|IDBI Bank Royale Signature Credit Card||Nil||Nil|
|IDBI Bank Euphoria World Credit Card||Nil||Rs. 1,499|
|IDBI Bank Aspire Platinum Credit Card||Nil||Nil|
|IDBI Bank Imperium Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 499||Rs. 499|
|IDBI Bank Winnings Credit Card||Nil||Rs. 899|
Other Fees and Charges
Other than the joining & annual fee, IDBI Credit Cards have a lot more charges associated with them. Many people generally ignore all these charges while applying for a credit card, but this should not be done. You should go through all the fees that might be charged on the card you are going to apply for. Some of the most important fees and charges associated with IDBI Bank Credit Cards are as follows:
|Interest Rate||2.5% per month on Royale Signature Credit Card, 3.4% per month on Winnings, and 2.9% per month on all other cards.|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.5% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)|
|Forex Markup Fee||3.5% of the total transactions amount|
IDBI Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
Like every other major card issuer in the country, the IDBI Bank also has certain eligibility criteria that the applicants will have to fulfill in order to get a credit card from the bank:
- The age of salaried people should be between 21 & 60 years, and the self-employed individuals should be of 21 years – 65 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant might need to have a decent credit history.
For more detailed information about IDBI Bank credit Cards’ eligibility criteria, click here.
You will also need a few documents while applying for a credit card from IDBI Bank. The following table contains the list of all the required documents:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving Licence, etc.
- Address Proof: Voter ID, Utility bills, Passport, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, etc.
- Income Proof: For salaried employees – salary slip/bank statements (latest), For self-employed individuals – Later ITR.
How to Apply for an IDBI Credit Card?
The IDBI Bank provides its customers with the options to apply for a credit card online as well as offline as per their comfort. To apply offline, you can visit your nearest IDBI branch and apply for a card by filling in the offline application form and submitting all the required documents. And, to apply online for the same, you can visit the IDBI Bank’s official website, and select the ‘Credit Cards’ option under ‘cards.’ Now, choose the card you want to apply for and go through its detailed features & benefits, and terms & conditions. Now, scroll down to find different ways to apply for the card.
If you have already applied for an IDBI Credit Card, you can track the status of your application by contacting the bank’s customer care or by visiting your nearest branch. Just provide the bank officials with the required details like your application number, PAN number, etc, and they will let you know the progress in your application.
For more ways to check your credit card application status, visit this page.
How To Activate IDBI Credit Cards?
After receiving your new IDBI Bank Credit Card, you will have to activate it before using it for your purchases. Following are the different ways to activate your credit card issued from IDBI Bank:
- Visit your nearest IDBI ATM and insert your credit card into it. Now, from the main menu, find and select the option of ATM PIN and proceed further accordingly by setting a PIN for your card. Make sure to carry your registered mobile number with you while activating your card.
- Contact IDBI Bank Credit Card customer care and ask the bank officials to help you activate your credit card.
For detailed steps to activate your IDBI Card, click here.
IDBI Bank Credit Cards Login/Netbanking
To provide its customers with more convenient ways of banking, the IDBI Bank offers net banking. services to them. You can also register your IDBI Credit Card for internet banking by following a few steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the IDBI Bank’s official website and click on Login.
- Choose ‘Credit Cards’ and click on Continue to Login.
- Choose the option ‘Register Now’ option.
- Enter all the required details of your credit card and proceed further accordingly.
For more detailed steps for registering/logging into IDBI internet banking, click here.
IDBI Credit Cards Customer Care
For any queries/complaints regarding your IDBI Bank Credit Cards, you can contact the bank’s customer care executives at the following contact details:
- You can contact them via call on their 24×7 customer care toll-free number 1800-425-7600.
- To contact via mail, you can use this email id – [email protected].
Click here for more details on IDBI Credit Card customer care.
IDBI Bank Lifetime Free Credit Cards
The IDBI Bank offers two-lifetime free credit cards, which are: IDBI Royale Signature Credit Card and IDBI Bank Aspire Platinum Credit Card. Both the cards are basic ones and are best suited for people who are new to credit cards and want to start their journey with minimal charges. With these cards, you get a decent reward rate and a few more privileges across different categories. Therefore, if you are looking for a basic card to start your credit journey, you must go with any of these.
Delight points accumulated on your IDBI credit card are valid up to 3 years form the date of accumulation.
Yes, a reward redemption fee of Rs 100 is charged on your IDBI Bank credit card on redemption.
Yes, you can use your IDBI Bank credit card for withdrawals from ATMs. You will be charged with a cash advance of 2.5% on the withdrawal amount or a minimum charge of Rs 500.
With your IDBI Bank credit card, you get an interest free period up to 48 days.
You can contact 24×7 customer helpline number Non Toll Free 022 4042 6013 &
Toll Free – 1800 425 7600 for any assistance, queries and complaints.
No, you can not convert your delight points into cash on your IDBI credit card. However you can convert these delight points into cashback.
You can get your IDBI Bank credit card blocked/deactivated by contacting the customer care 1800 425 7600 (Toll Free) / 022 – 4042 6013.
You can convert your purchase into EMI transactions with your IDBI Bank credit card. EMI facility is provided on minimum transaction of Rs 3000 or above.