Jointly with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Kotak Mahindra Bank launched Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card, a card specially designed for the ‘Veer Jawaans’ of our country. It is a special card to give back something, to those who give their everything. The Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card enables our brave soldiers to manage their daily spends while earning exciting rewards. They can earn 3x RPs while spending on movies, dining, departmental stores, & groceries and 2 reward points for spends in another category. The reward points are redeemable forproducts, e-vouchers, etc, and even against your shopping bills at selected merchant stores.
Also, you get exciting welcome offers on the basis of your spends within the first 30 days. In comparison to the features and benefits this card offers, the annual fee of this card is placed at a very nominal amount of Rs. 299. Apart from these benefits, the card offers a credit shield worth Rs. 1,25,000 in case the card is lost. There are many other ways in which you can save with this card like fuel & railway surcharge waiver, annual fee waiver, etc. To know more about Kotak Mahindra Veer Platinum Credit Card keep reading.
Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
6 Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent on grocery, dining, etc and 2 Reward Points for other spends
The reward points are redeemable for various categories like Movie Tickets, Mobile Recharge, etc. 1 Reward Point = Re.0.25.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Insurance cover for a lost or stolen card
Zero Liability Protection
Zero Liability Protection to the cardholder against any transactions done on a lost or stolen card post reporting to the bank
Spend Based Waiver
Annual fee waiver on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign transactions
3.5% per month (or 42% annually)
1% at all fuel stations in India
Cash Advance Charges
Rs. 300 is charged for every Rs. 10,000 withdrawn
Add-on Card Fee
- 3x Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent towards dining, grocery etc
- 2 Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent on other categories
- Insurance coverage if the card is lost.
- Welcome offer on the basis of your spend in the first 30 days
- Get add-on card & enjoy added benefits
Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card – Features and Benefits
The Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card is made for the people who have dedicated themselves towards the service of the nation, i.e., the armed forces of our country, namely – the Army, Navy, and Air Force. This card lets them enjoy accelerated reward points on their daily spends. The reward points earned are redeemable for various categories like e-vouchers, product purchases, etc. The detailed features of Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card are as follows:
- Get a welcome benefit of 500 Reward Points which will be credited to your account upon spending of Rs. 500 through your Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card in the first 30 days of card issuance.
- 3x Reward Points on every Rs. 200 spent towards movies, dining, grocery & departmental stores
- 2 Rewards Points per Rs. 200 spent on all other categories
The reward points earned can be redeemed in a number of ways as follows:
- For Air Tickets, Movie Tickets through BookMyShow or PVR, Mobile Recharges, shopping vouchers, and much more.
- To shop at selected merchant stores through PayByPoints Program.
- For cash (1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25).
Spend based Waiver
If you spend Rs. 50,000 in the last year, the annual fee for the card can be waived.
Get a credit shield of Rs. 1,25,000 against all unauthorized transactions up to 7 days prior to reporting about the loss of the card to the bank.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions at fuel stations all over India.
- The add-on card facility can be availed where you can provide your family members with same benefits at zero cost.
- This card also provides you with railway surcharge waiver of 1.8% for all the transactions done on www.irctc.co.in and 2.5% for transactions done on Indian Railways Booking Counters.
- This card comes with a 6-digit PIN authentication which provides higher security for your transactions
Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card: Fees and Charges
- The Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card’s joining fee is NIL.
- The annual fee of the card is Rs. 299 which can be waived if you spend Rs. 50,000 or more in a year.
- Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card carries a Foreign Currency markup fee of 3.5%
- The interest charges applicable on the card are 3.5% p.m. and 42% annualy.
- The cash advance charges on this card are Rs. 300 per Rs. 10,000
Eligibility Criteria for Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card
- Only Indian residents are eligible for the card.
- The officials of the armed forces are eligible to apply for this card.
- The primary applicant should be between 18 years and 65 years of age.
- The add-on applicant should be above 18 years.
- This card is available in a few location like Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi (including Gurgaon and Noida), Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai & Pune
How to apply for Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card
There are both online as well as offline methods to apply for the card:
For online mode –
- Visit the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Click ‘Explore Products’
- Go to ‘Cards’ and then select ‘Credit Cards’
- Select ‘Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card’ and click on apply now
- Fill in the form with all the details.
For offline mode –
Visit the nearest Kotak branch in your city and fill in the application form and submit the documents to apply for the card:
The Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card is specially designed for the officials of the Armed Forces of the country. It can be considered the basic version of the Kotak Veer Select Credit Card, which comes with a slightly higher annual fee and a better rewards rate. 3x Reward Points on your daily spending such as dining, grocery, movies, and departmental stores make the Veer Platinum Card even more exclusive. With no joining fee and a nominal annual fee of Rs. 299, this card provides you with several other features such as an Add-on card at no extra cost, fuel and railway surcharge, etc. It is a great option for the armed forces wherein they and their family members can enjoy great benefits,
An annual fee of Rs. 299 plus applicable taxes is charged.
You are charged Rs. 299 as an annual fee for the card, but you can get it waived on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a year.
You will get 3x reward points per Rs. 200 spent on dining, movies, departmental and grocery spends and 2 Reward Points per Rs. 200 on other spends.
The Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card comes with an insurance cover of Rs. 1,25,000 against a lost or stolen card.
Yes, the Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card offer a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations across India.