AU Small Finance Bank is an Indian private sector bank that was founded in 1996 as a vehicle finance company, ‘AU Financiers.’ It was converted into AU Small Finance Bank in April 2017, with an aim to serve low and average-income individuals. Moreover, the bank also provides its services to small and medium enterprises that have hardly any access to all the required banking and financial tools. It has branches across 15 states and 2 union territories in India with over 23k employees. With a customer base of over 2 million people, the AU Small Finance Bank is the bank with the maximum number of branches in Rajasthan, its home state.
Along with all its great services, it offers several exclusive credit cards in different categories. Very soon after starting its banking and card services, the AU Bank became a major card issuer in the country and is trusted by thousands of individuals now. As of February 2022, AU Bank has a total of 169470 active outstanding credit cards in the country. In this article, you can find detailed information about all the Credit Cards issued by AU Bank and find the best one for yourself:
List of Best AU Bank Credit Cards in India
The AU bank currently issues 4 credit cards ranging from entry-level to premium categories. All four credit cards target different segments of individuals having different requirements and incomes. The following is the list of all the AU Bank Credit Cards. You can also find their detailed benefits and all other necessary information further in this article:
Gift voucher worth Rs. 500 from some top brands.
1.5% cashback on all POS retail spends, 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent after reaching the maximum cashback limit.
Rs. 499 + applicable taxes
Get a 5% cashback on retail spends worth Rs. 2,500 or more within 60 days.
2% cashback on groceries, utility bills and departmental stores and 1% cashback on other spends.
Rs. 199 + applicable taxes
Vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 on first POS transaction, Zomato Pro membership on 5 successful transactions and 10,000 Bonus Reward Points on expenditure of Rs. 1 lakh. All these benefits are applicable only on retail spends made within 60 days of card issuance.
20 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on dining (reward rate = 5%), 10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on international transactions and grocery and departmental store spends (reward rate = 2.5%) and 5 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on all other spends except fuel (reward rate = 1.25%)
Rs. 7,999 (plus applicable taxes)
Vouchers worth Rs. 2,000 from top brands on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 30,000 within 60 days of card setup.
10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on utility bill payments (reward rate = 2.5%), 4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on grocery and departmental store spends (reward rate = 1%), 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on all other retail spends except fuel (reward rate = 0.5%)
Rs. 2,999 (plus applicable taxes)
AU Credit Cards Features and Benefits
Though the number of credit cards in the AU Bank’s portfolio is lesser as compared to other major card issuers, lots of people have found the best card for themselves out of these cards only. Different credit cards may have different features and advantages, but all these cards are definitely among the popular ones in the market. The following are some of the general benefits that you will get with almost all the AU Bank Credit Cards:
- Welcome Benefits: Welcome benefits are offered to the cardholders while joining the card membership. You will most probably get the welcome privileges after paying the joining fee.
- Rewards: Different types of rewards might be offered with different AU Bank Credit Cards and the reward rates can also vary according to categories.
- Travel Benefits: The cardholder can also get some exclusive travel benefits, such as complimentary lounge access, discounts on travel-related bookings, priority pass membership, and many more.
- Movie & Dining Benefits: Some of the AU Bank Cards may also offer exciting offers and deals on dining & movies, and are extremely beneficial for people who love spending on these things.
- Other Benefits: Other types of benefits that the AU Bank Credit Cardholders might get include a 1% fuel surcharge waiver, limited period offers, insurance covers, zero liability protection against lost cards, etc.
Top AU Bank Credit Cards
AU Bank only offers four credit cards, and all of these can be considered great offerings as the cards come with several exciting advantages. Following are the four top cards issued by the AU Bank with their detailed benefits:
AU Bank Zenith Credit Card
The AU Bank Zenith Credit Card is the most premium credit card offered by the bank. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 7,999 and welcomes its customers with several exciting benefits, including complimentary Zomato pro membership. With this card, you can earn up to 20 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend and these points can be redeemed against an array of options available on the bank’s rewards portal. To know some of the key benefits of this card, refer to the following points:
- Welcome gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on first POs transaction.
- Complimentary Zomato pro membership on 5 successful retail transactions.
- Up to 20 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
- Complimentary Taj Epicure membership on achieving the milestone spend.
- Complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access.
AU Bank Vetta Credit Card
The AU bank Vetta Credit Card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 2,999, which can be waived off on the basis of your spends within the first 90 days after card issuance. Along with providing reward points on almost all your spends, this card also offers exclusive welcome benefits, travel benefits, milestone benefits, and many more. Following are some of its key features:
- Welcome gift voucher worth Rs. 2,000 on spending Rs. 30,000 or more within the first 60 days.
- Up to 10 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
- Complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access.
- Complimentary Zomato pro membership on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a calendar month.
- Insurance benefits worth up to Rs. 50 lakhs.
AU Bank Altura Plus Credit Card
Au Bank Altura Plus Credit Card is a basic credit card issued by the bank that comes with a nominal joining fee of Rs. 499. It welcomes its customers with an exclusive gift voucher. Moreover, you can earn reward points as well as cashback on your transactions using it. Moreover, the card also has exciting travel and milestone benefits. You can refer to the below-mention points to know some of its key features:
- Get a welcome gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 10,000 or more within the first 60 days.
- Get a cashback of 1.5% on POS transactions.
- Up to 2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
- Earn 500 bonus Reward points each quarter on achieving the spend milestone.
- Get complimentary railway lounge access.
AU Bank Altura Credit Card
The AU Bank Altura Credit Card is an entry-level pocket-friendly credit card issued by the bank. It comes with a very nominal joining fee of Rs. 199 and earns you cash back on all your purchases. Some of the key features of this card include:
- Get a 5% cashback on all spends worth Rs. 2,500 or more within the first 60 days.
- Get a cashback of up to 2% on all your spends.
- Get Rs. 50 cashback every statement cycle on achieving the spend milestone.
- Get complimentary railway lounge access every quarter.
AU Credit Cards Rewards & Cashback
All four credit cards offered by the AU Bank come with a different reward rates and provide different types of rewards, such as reward points, cashback, etc. Moreover, the reward rate can also be different on spends on different categories with the same card. To understand the rewards and cashback benefits of all the AU Bank Credit Cards, refer to the following table:
|Credit Card’s name||Rewards/Cashback|
|AU Bank Zenith Credit Card||
|AU Bank Vetta Credit Card||
|AU Bank Altura Plus Credit Card||
|AU Bank Altura Credit Card||
The reward points you earn using your AU Bank credit cards can be redeemed at the AU Rewardz portal at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25. You can redeem your earned points against the following categories:
The annual fee, which is one of the most important factors of a credit card to be considered, can also be different for different AU Bank Credit Cards. Individuals having a high annual income should apply for premium cards that come with a higher fee, and those having an average income should consider the low annual fee cards. The annual fee of all the AU Bank Credit Cards is given below in the table:
|Credit Card’s name||Joining Fee||Joining Fee Waiver Condition (spends required within first 90 days)||Annual fee||Annual Fee Waiver Condition (spends required in an anniversary year)|
|AU Bank Zenith Credit Card||Rs. 7,999||Rs. 1.25 lakhs||Rs. 7,999||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|AU Bank Vetta Credit Card||Rs. 2,999||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 2,999||Rs. 1.5 lakhs|
|AU Bank Altura Plus Credit Card||Rs. 499||Rs. 20,000 or more||Rs. 499||Rs. 80,000 or more|
|AU Bank Altura Credit Card||Rs. 199||Rs. 10,000 or more||Rs. 199||Rs. 40,000 or more|
Other Fees and Charges
Other than the annual fee, there are a lot of other charges such as interest, cash withdrawal fee, foreign currency markup fee, over-limit fee, late payments charges, and many more, which are associated with AU Bank Cards. Some of the most important fees and charges are given below in the table:
|Interest Rate||1.99% per month for Zenith, 2.99% per month for Vetta, and 3.49% per month on other Credit Cards.|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 100|
|Forex Markup Fee||1.99% on Zenith, 2.99% on Vetta, and 3.49% on other cards.|
AU Bank Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
Following are the basic eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill in order to get an AU bank credit card:
- The age of the primary cardholder should be more than 21 years.
- The age of the add-on cardholder should be 18 years or more.
- The applicant should be a resident of India.
- The applicant should have a source of income.
The applicants will also need a few documents while applying for the AU Bank Credit Cards. Following is the list of all the required documents:
- ID Proof: Aadhar card, Passport, voter card, PAN card, driving license, etc.
- Address Proof: Voter Card, Aadhar Card, passport, electricity/telephone bill, driving license, etc.
- Income Proof: Salary Slip or audited ITR.
How To Apply?
Following are the steps to follow in order to apply for an AU Small Finance Bank Credit Card:
- Visit the AU bank’s official website.
- Under the section ‘cards,’ choose ‘Credit Cards.’
- Select the card you want to apply for and click on view details.
- Click on ‘apply now.’
- Enter your mobile number and the OTP for verification.
- Fill in all the required details and proceed further.
The individuals who have already applied for an AU Bank Credit Card can track the status of their application by contacting their credit card customer care or by visiting their nearest AU bank branch. They might need a few details like their application number, registered mobile number, PAN Card number, etc, for the same.
How To Activate AU Bank Credit Cards?
There are several ways in which you can activate your AU Bank Credit Card after receiving it. You can do the same using any of the below-mentioned methods:
- Login to your AU Bank internet banking account and find an option to activate your credit card under the Card management section.
- Another way to get your AU Bank Credit Card activated is to contact the bank’s customer care and ask them to help you with the same.
- If you find yourself unable to activate your card using both of the above methods, you can also visit your nearest AU Bank branch and the bank official will helg you get your card activated.
AU Bank Credit Cards Customer Care
In case of any doubts or queries related to your AU Bank Credit Cards, you can contact the bank’s customer care using the following contact details:
- In case of any emergency assistance that you need, you can contact the AU Bank Credit Card customer care via call on their 24*7 toll-free helpline number 1800 1200 1500.
- The cardholders can also contact their card issuer via mail at [email protected]
No, the AU Small Finance Bank doesn’t issue any credit card with no annual fee but you can make your card lifetime free by achieving the required spend threshold.
No, the AU bank Altura Credit Card doesn’t provide airport lounge access, but it offers you 2 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter.
For airport lounge access, you can check one of the following cards:
-AU Bank Zenith Credit Card.
-AU Bank Vetta Credit Card.
Yes, you can redeem your earned reward points against flight/hotel bookings at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25.
The AU Small Finance Bank issues two of its credit cards with a low joining fee. These cards are:
-AU bank Altura Plus Credit Card – Rs. 499.
-AU Bank Altura Credit Card – Rs. 199.
Yes, the AU Bank provides its customers with a zero liability protection against a lost/stolen card. You will not be responsible for any unauthorized transaction made on a lost card once you report the loss of your card to the bank.