AU Small Finance Bank recently launched the Swipe Up platform to offer upgraded credit cards not only to AU Bank customers but to every individual holding a credit card from any other card issuer. The bank currently offers three credit cards on SwipeUp: AU Bank Xcite Credit Card, Xcite Ace Credit Card, and Xcite Ultra Credit Card. Out of these three, the Xcite Card is the most basic one. However, it offers decent reward rates and benefits across different categories. You can earn up to 15 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend, which is not a bad deal. Being a lifetime free card, it is affordable and rewarding for everyone who wants to update their entry-level cards. Apart from the reward rates, you get free railway lounge access, device protection plans, and many more benefits with the AU Bank Xcite Credit Card. To know more about this card and its features. keep reading:
AU Bank Xcite Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- Lifetime Free Credit Card.
- Up to 15 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
- 2x Reward Points on retail spends between the 1st and 5th of every month.
- Complimentary railway lounge access every year.
- Free device protection plan and extended warranty.
- Up to 30% discount on dining.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Get up to 30% discount on dining across over 300 partnered restaurants.
2 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 100 and 15 Reward Points on dining, movies, departmental stores, and groceries.
Redeem your earned Reward Points against a number of options available on the AU Rewardz portal.
Get free railway lounge access every year.
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter
International Lounge Access
Get complimentary device protection and 1-year extended warranty on selected electronic products
Zero Liability Protection
Get zero liability protection against lost/stolen cards if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.49% of the total transaction amount
3.49% per month, i.e. 41.88% annually
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 100
Add-on Card Fee
AU Bank Xcite Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Xcite Credit card doesn’t only provide you with a beer credit limit and better rewards, but also comes with lots of other exciting privileges, including a good reward rate and decent travel benefits. The following are some of the most significant features and benefits of the Xcite Credit Card by AU Small Finance Bank:
Railway Lounge Access
- You get 2 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter, i.e. 8 per year.
- The free lounge access can only be availed in selected cities, including New Delhi, Kolkata (Sealdah), Jaipur, Ahmedabad, and Agra.
Free Device Protection Plan
- The card comes with a complimentary device protection plan on mobile phones.
- You also get a one-year extended warranty on mobile phones, laptops, tablets, and white goods purchases.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases worth Rs. 400 to Rs. 5,000.
- Th maximum waiver per month is capped at Rs. 250 per month.
AU Bank Xcite Credit Card Reward Points
With the AU Bank Xcite Credit Card, you get the following reward rates on different categories:
- 2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on retail purchases.
- 15 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on groceries, departmental stores, movies, and dining.
- 2x Reward Points on all retail spends made between the 1st and 5th of every month.
- Fuel and wallet transactions are not eligible for reward points.
The Reward Points earned using this card can be redeemed against various options available on the AU Rewardz portal. You can redeem your earned rewards against different products, gift vouchers, and travel-relayed bookings at a redemption rate of 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
AU Bank Xcite Credit Card Fees and Charges
Some important fees and charges associated with AU bank’s Xcite Credit Card are as follows:
- The Xcite Credit Card is lifetime free, i.e. there is no joining/annual fee associated with this card.
- The interest rate on this credit card is 3.49% per month, i.e. 41.88% per annum.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the AU Bank Xcite Credit Card is 3.49% of the total transaction amount.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 100 (whichever is higher).
AU Bank Xcite Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to get approved for the Xcite Credit Card are as follows:
- The applicant should belong to an age group of 21 to 60 years.
- The supplementary card applicant’s age should be a minimum of 18 years.
- The applicant should be an Indian resident.
- The applicant should be having a decent credit history.
How To Apply For AU Bank Xcite Credit Card?
The Xcite Credit Card can be issued to anyone holding a credit card from any other bank and they can get their card upgraded to it. You can apply for it online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply offline, visit an AU Small Finance Bank branch nearest to you and apply for the card with the help of the bank officials. Make sure to carry all the necessary documents, such as identity proof, address proof, proof of income, etc. You can also apply for this card online as follows:
- Visit the AU Bank’s SwipeUp platform.
- Enter your mobile and PAN number registered with another bank’s credit card that you want to upgrade.
- Enter the first 6 digits of your existing credit card and select the Xcite variant.
- Compare the benefits of your existing card with the Xcite Card and apply.
The AU Bank’s Xcite Credit Card is really a great option for those who are holding some basic or entry-level credit cards and want to get them upgraded with minimal charges. With this card, you can get better credit limits, higher reward rates, and many more extra benefits compared to your existing credit card. Considering its reward rates and other benefits, it can be considered one of the best lifetime free cards available in the Indian market. If the benefits of this card excite you, you should definitely check it out and apply for it without any second thoughts. However, if you want to get upgraded to a card with more premium benefits, you can check out the other two variants, i.e. Xcte Ace and Xcite Ultra Cards. If you have any additional doubts related to the Xcite Credit Card, feel free to ask us in the comment section below!
Yes, the Xcite Credit Card by AU Bank is lifetime free, i.e. there is no annual fee applicable to it.
Yes, you can get nay cerdit card from any issuer upgraded to the Xcite Credit card via the SwipeUp platform.
The interest rate on this cerdit card is 3.49% per month.
The maximum eligible age to apply for the Xcite Credit Card is 61 years.