Railways have always had a significant impact on the lives of people in this country, whether for daily commutes or important vacations. It has consistently been a popular travel option for Indians. Several credit cards offer railway lounge access as well as access to international and domestic airport lounges. In this article, we will discuss credit cards that provide the maximum benefits and railway access.
The credit card issuers that offer the feature of railway lounges are SBI, HDFC, BOB, IDFC, ICICI, and AU bank. Most of the cards provided by these financial institutions are travel-focused. While complimentary benefits of lounge access are provided, some credit cards are also well-suited for shopping and dining and also offer lounge benefit.
List of Credit Cards With Complimentary Railway Lounge Access
As mentioned above, if you are a frequent traveler who prefers railways as the mode of transport, you can spend extra time at various lounges available at different Railway stations across India. There are a few credit cards providing complimentary railway lounge access privileges for its customers. Here are the following credit cards and their benefits
- IRCTC SBI PRIMIER CARD
- IRCTC SBI PLATINUM CREDIT CARD
- HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card
- IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card
- IDFC FIRST Classic Credit Card
- AU Bank Altura Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
- AU Bank Vetta Credit Card
- IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card
- MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card
- IDFC FIRST Millennia Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
- IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card
- MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card
- AU Bank Altura Plus Credit Card
- AU Bank Zenith Credit Card
- AU Bank Xcite Credit Card
- AU Bank Xcite Ace Credit Card
- AU Bank Xcite Ultra Credit Card
Top Credit Cards With Complimentary Railway Lounge Access
1,500 Reward Points
For every Rs. 125 spent on dining and another utility spend, you get 3 reward points and for every Rs. 125 spent on other non-fuel purchases you get 1 reward point.
Card Details +
IRCTC SBI premier card is best suited for traveling purposes with a joining fee of just Rs. 1499 + applicable taxes. With this card, you get rewards for every purchase and many more benefits. Apart from the rewards and other benefits, you can save a certain amount of money on your plane ticket. The benefits of having this card are –
- A welcome gift of 1,500 reward points.
- For every Rs. 125 spent on dining and utility, you will earn 3 reward points and 1 reward point on every Rs. 125 you spend on non-fuel-related purchases.
- Complimentary access to railway lounges per year – 8 per year and a maximum of 2 every quarter within the country.
- On hitting a milestone spend mark you will get up to 5,000 bonus reward points.
- Accommodation at more than 5,000 hotels across 350 different cities in India.
Earn 350 activation bonus on a single transaction of Rs 500 or more within 45 days of the activation of the credit card. Earn Rs 100 cashback on ATM cash Withdrawal for the first time.
Earn up to 10% Value Back as Reward Points while you book Railway Tickets on IRCTC. Earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs 125 spent. 1 Reward Point= Re. 1
Rs 500 plus applicable taxes
Card Details +
IRCTC SBI PLATINUM CREDIT CARD is yet another variant by SBI and IRCTC. This card has many welcome benefits along with traveling. It does not only save money but gets you a lot of reward points and assumingly caters to all your needs. This card is best suited for traveling and here are some of its benefits –
- 350 activation bonus points on a single transaction of Rs. 500 or more within 45 days of the activation of the card.
- 100 Rs. Cashback on the first cash advance withdrawn from the ATM
- 1.8% transaction charges can be saved on tickets if bought from the IRCTC website.
- Offering accommodation at more than 5,000 hotels spread across 350 cities.
- Custom-made packages from the IRCTC website for adventure and wildlife to leisure and pilgrimage across the country.
- 4 complimentary railway lounge access in a year (max 1 per quarter)
Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500 on making the first transaction within the first 30 days.
1 Cash Point for every retail spend of Rs. 100 and 5x Cash Points on IRCTC bookings.
Card Details +
IRCTC HDFC RUPAY CREDIT CARD is an extraordinary credit card that is in existence because of three big brand names. IRCTC, HDFC, and RUPAY are the three brands providing exceptional benefits for their consumers like reward points, cashback, discounts, and many other complimentary things. Here are some key features presented –
- A gift voucher worth Rs.500 on card activation within the initial first 30 days of card issuance.
- 5 reward points for every Rs.100 spent on the IRCTC website and Rail connect app.
- 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent on other purchases
- 5% cashback on ticket booking with the help of HDFC Bank SmartBuy
- 8 complimentary railway lounge access (max 2 per quarter).
- 1% transaction charges waived on transactions done on the IRCTC transaction portal or Rail connect app.
Get 1000 Bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 1000 through a single transaction using this card within the first 45 days of card issuance.
4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 you spend on grocery & departmental stores and 2 Reward Points on other categories respectively. Upto 40 RP on every Rs. 100 spent on railway tickets booked through IRCTC
Rs.500 (plus applicable taxes)
Card Details +
BOB is known for providing great credit cards with numerous benefits and BOB IRCTC RUPAY CREDIT CARD is an add-on to that list. This credit card has great features like 40 reward points for every Rs.100 spent on the IRCTC website and 4 reward points on groceries and departmental stores as well. The list has an add-on when it comes to complimentary lounge access and much more which are mentioned in the following –
- 40 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on the IRCTC website for ticket booking.
- 4 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on groceries and departmental stores.
- 2 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on other miscellaneous purchases
- 1% transactional charge saving on train tickets when booked from the IRCTC website and Mobile application
- 4 complimentary lounge access in a year, 1 per quarter
Get a welcome gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 15,000 or more within the first 90 days. Also, get 5% cashback on the value of your first EMI transaction done inside 90 days of card generation.
3 Reward Points on every offline spend of Rs. 150 & 6 Reward Points on every online spend of Rs. 150.
Card Details +
IDFC’S FIRST CLASSIC CREDIT CARD provides you with not just rewards and benefits it also amazing discounts of up to 25% on dining out and movies of your choice. It caters to all your need while giving you the best benefits in the industry and rewarding you with its major feature like –
- Gift voucher worth Rs.500 on expenditures over 15,000 within 90 days of the card issuance.
- 25% discount on movies (up to Rs.100) on Paytm once every month.
- 20% discount on dining with the card.
- 3 reward points on offline and 6 reward points on offline spending each worth Rs.150
- 10 reward points on every Rs.150 spent on your birthday.
- Get up to 15% discount at more than 3000 health and wellness centers.
- 16 complimentary railway lounges access every year, a maximum of 4 per quarter
Get a 5% cashback on retail spends worth Rs. 2,500 or more within 60 days.
Cashback of 2% on utility bills, groceries, and departmental stores and cashback of 1% on all other spends.
Rs. 199 + applicable taxes
Card Details +
AU BANK ALTURA CREDIT CARD is a very intriguing card when it comes to the benefits of cashback. The amount of cashback this card can provide is complimenting, for starters up to 5% cash back on retail spending, 2% cash back on utility bills, groceries, and departmental store expenditures, and much more. The following are the other benefits –
- 5% cash back on retail expenditure worth Rs.2,500 or more within the initial 60 days.
- 2% cash back on utility bills, groceries, and departmental stores
- 1% cash back on other miscellaneous expenditures
- Rs. 50 cash back on every statement cycle on spends over Rs.10,000
- 2 complimentary visits to railway lounges
1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 you spend on utilities & insurance related spends, and 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent elsewhere.
Rs 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Card Details +
ICICI BANK CORAL CREDIT CARD is yet another variant of ICICI credit cards which is surely popular among its user. This credit card is specifically designed for movies and dining. It provides the most benefit and discounts on dining with the card and not just that this card makes sure to help you watch your favorite actors into action on the big screen. Here are some features and uses of this card –
- 1 reward point on every Rs.100 spent on utilities and insurance-related expenditures
- 2 reward points on every Rs.100 you spend, fuel is an exception
- 25% discount on movie tickets booked through BookMyShow and INOX
- By using this card, you can get exclusive dining deals through ICICI bank culinary treat program
- 2,000 reward points on spending 2 lakhs or more and 1,000 bonus rewards on spending Rs.1,00,000(max capped 10,000 per year)
- 1 complimentary railway lounge visit per quarter
Vouchers worth Rs. 2,000 from top brands on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 30,000 within 60 days of card setup.
10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on utility bill payments (reward rate = 2.5%), 4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on grocery and departmental store spends (reward rate = 1%), 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on all other retail spends except fuel (reward rate = 0.5%)
Rs. 2,999 (plus applicable taxes)
Card Details +
AU BANK VETTA CREDIT CARD is best suited for travel and shopping with value-added benefits like domestic/ international airport and railway lounge access, insurance covers, and many other add-ons benefits. These add-on benefits include the welcome bonus, reward points, memberships, annual bonus, etc. which are on the following –
- Rs. 2,000 worth of vouchers from top brands on expenditures over Rs.30000 within the initial 60 days of card setup
- 10 reward points for every Rs.100 spent on utility bill payments
- 4 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on groceries and departmental store
- 2 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on other miscellaneous expenditures apart from fuel
- 1,000 reward points on 1 retail transaction made on your birthday
- 500 reward points on retail spending worth Rs.50,000 in a quarter
- 1,000 additional rewards upon reaching a quarterly milestone of Rs. 1 lakh
- Zomato pro membership upon spending a minimum of Rs.50,000 in a calendar month
- 2 complimentary IRCTC railway lounge access per quarter
Welcome gifts worth Rs. 500 in the form of vouchers based on spends within 90 days of card issuance and a 5% cashback on EMI transactions within 30 days of card issuance.
3 Reward Points on each Rs. 125 spent offline, 6 Reward Points on each Rs. 125 spent online, and 10 Reward Points on every Rs. 125 on spends above Rs. 25,000.
Card Details +
IDFC FIRST SELECTS CREDIT CARD is also one of the major cards by IDFC bank. This card is well-suited for both traveling and shopping. Since it is made for these two particular areas there are a lot of benefits this card provides, such as:
- Welcome gift voucher worth Rs.500
- 5% cashback on first EMI transactions
- 10x rewards for every Rs.125 spent on purchases made over Rs.25,000
- Airport meet and greet worldwide in more than 450 destinations.
- Access to more than 900 luxury hotels worldwide with premium advantages.
- 20% off on dining with more than 1,500+ participating restaurants
- 4 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter.
Get 1,500 My Cash, MakeMyTrip holiday voucher worth Rs. 2,500, and MMTBLACK enrolment.
1.25 My Cash on every domestic spend of Rs. 200 and 1.5 My Cash per international spend of Rs. 200.
Rs. 2,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Card Details +
MMT ICICI SIGNATURE CREDIT CARD is another variant of MMT’s co-branding with ICICI bank. This is also made for traveling, but the benefits are on another level. This card has ample amount of benefits from MakeMyTrip, ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program, BookMyShow, and INOX. These benefits are stated as-
- Welcome benefit of 1,500 My Cash and holiday voucher worth Rs.2,500 by MakeMyTrip and enrolment for MMTBLACK
- Rs.1.25 My Cash with every domestic spend of Rs.200 and Rs.1.5 My Cash on every international expenditure of Rs.200
- 25% discount on movie tickets on BookMyShow an INOX by booking two tickets with a single transaction
- Worth Rs.3,999 for an International roaming pack with Airtel for 10 days
- Upon spending Rs.5 lakh, you get 4,000 My Cash, and with the expenditure of Rs.2.5 lakh, you get 1,100 My Cash in an anniversary year.
- 1 complimentary access to railway lounges every quarter.
5% cashback on first EMI spend up to Rs. 1000 and additional welcome gift vouchers worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 15,000 inside 90 days of card generation
3 Reward Points on each offline spend of Rs. 150, 6 RPs per online spend of Rs. 150, and 10 Rewards on every Rs. 150 on spends above Rs. 20,000.
Card Details +
IDFC FIRST MILLENNIA CREDIT CARD can be the right choice if you are looking for an entry-level credit card. This card is reward-based and is best suited for shopping purposes. The reward point earned through this card on every expenditure never expires and it also has a low-interest rate. The key features of this brilliant card are mentioned below-
- 5% cash back on the very first EMI paid on the expenditure worth up to Rs.1,000.
- Welcome gift voucher worth Rs.500 on spending 15,000 within 90 days of card issuance.
- 20% discount on more than 1,500 restaurants around the country.
- 25% discount on movie tickets once a month on Paytm (up to Rs. 100)
- Complimentary railway lounge access 4 times a quarter.
Travel & shopping vouchers worth over Rs. 5,000
4 Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 100, 2 Reward Points on domestic spends & 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent on utilities and insurance categories.
Rs. 3,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Card Details +
ICICI BANK RUBYX CREDIT CARD is a card that is best suited for travel. It will not be wrong to call it a traveling card since the major benefits this card provides are for traveling purposes. Its benefits just not stop at traveling but it also has numerous advantages when it comes to shopping such as –
- 2 reward points on domestic spend on every Rs.100 and 4 reward points on every international spend for every Rs.100
- 1 reward point on every Rs.100 spent on utilities and insurance
- Rs.5000 worth of traveling and shopping vouchers as a welcome benefit for traveling
- 25% discount, up to oRs.150 upon booking a minimum of 2 movie tickets in a single transaction with BookMyShow or INOX, minimum 2 times per month
- Discount offers on dining with ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program
- 2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter
Gift Vouchers worth Rs. 500 from premium brands on spending over Rs. 30,000 within 90 days and a 5% cashback on the first EMI transaction made within the first 30 days.
3 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent offline, 6 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent online, 10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on spends above Rs. 30,000.
Card Details +
IDFC’S FIRST WEALTH CREDIT CARD is a top-notch credit card that comes with premium features just like the other credit cards by IDFC with a low-interest rate of 0.75% – 3.5% per month. This credit card does not have any annual or joining fee and has many benefits like buy one and get one movie ticket and dining offers with over 1500 restaurants, below are some other benefits provided by the card –
- Welcome voucher worth Rs.500 on spending more than Rs.15,000 in the initial 90 days / 3 months of the card generation.
- 5% cashback up to Rs.1,000 on the transaction value of the first EMI paid within the first 90 days / 3 months of the card generation.
- Interest-free cash withdrawal anywhere in the world.
- 20% off on dining with over 1,500 restaurants.
- Complementary access to railway lounges and domestic and international airport lounges 4 per quarter.
Rs. 500 My Cash and MakeMyTrip holiday voucher worth Rs. 3,000
Rs. 3 My Cash per Rs. 200 on hotel/holiday bookings on MMT, Rs. 2 My Cash on flight bookings on MMT, Rs. 1.25 My Cash on all international spends outside MMT, Re. 1 My Cash on all domestic spends outside MMT
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Card Details +
MMT ICICI PLATINUM CREDIT CARD is an excellent variant of MakeMyTrip’s cooperation with ICICI bank. This card is very well suited for traveling purposes, however, it has more benefits than just traveling. It has other benefits like –
- Rs. 500 through My Cash as a welcome gift
- Holiday voucher worth Rs.3,000 from MakeMyTrip as a welcome benefit.
- Rs.3 My Cash on every Rs.200 spent on hotel/holiday booking through MMT
- Rs.2 My Cash on flight bookings through MMT and Rs.1.25 My Cash on every international flight spends outside the MMT.
- Re. 1 on every domestic spending outside MMT.
- 25% discount on movie tickets on BookMyShow an INOX by booking two tickets with a single transaction.
- Discount on dining with ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program.
- 1 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter.
Gift voucher worth Rs. 500 from some top brands.
1.5% cashback on all POS retail spends, 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent after reaching the maximum cashback limit.
Rs. 499 + applicable taxes
Card Details +
AU BANK ALTURA PLUS CREDIT CARD is a card with which you can earn unlimited reward points and cashback while enjoying the exclusive benefits of railway lounges. The reward points that you get through spending the money you can also redeem against flights or hotel bookings. Here are a few traveling benefits you can get with this card –
- Gift voucher worth Rs.500 from some top brands as a welcome benefit
- 1.5% cash back on all POS retail spends
- 1 reward point on every Rs.100 spent after you reach the maximum cashback limit
- 2x reward points on every online transaction with no maximum cap on reward points
- 500 bonus points on spending Rs.20,000 in a calendar month
- 2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter
Get Zomato Pro membership after 5 successful transactions, Rs. 1,000 worth of Vouchers after the first POS transaction, 10,000 Bonus RPs on spending Rs. 1 Lakh. Every welcome benefit would be applicable for retail spends made within sixty of card set-up.
20 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on dining (reward rate = 5%), 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on international purchases and grocery & departmental stores (reward rate = 2.5%) and 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all other spends except fuel (reward rate = 1.25%)
Rs. 7,999 (plus applicable taxes)
Card Details +
AU BANK ZENITH CREDIT CARD is best suited for travel, dining, and shopping where it provides the utmost reward points on each dining and every penny spent. This card provides 1,000 reward points on completing retail spends over Rs.1 lakh and much more. Here are some of the benefits of the card –
- Zomato Pro membership after 5 successful transactions
- Voucher worth Rs.1,000 after the first POS transaction
- 10,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 1 lakh
- 20 reward points for every Rs.100 spent on dining
- 10 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on international transactions and groceries and departmental store
- 5 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on other miscellaneous expenditures apart from fuel
- On your birthday, you get 2,500 reward points upon completing 1 retail transaction
- Complimentary Taj Epicure membership on spending Rs. 8 lacks with the card in an anniversary year
- 2 complimentary access to railway lounges every quarter
2 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 100 and 15 Reward Points on dining, movies, departmental stores, and groceries.
Card Details +
AU XCITE CREDIT CARD is best suited for shopping, so be it retail or other miscellaneous expenditures. This card rewards you for every transaction you make. With the dining, you get up to a 30% discount on over 300 partnered restaurants. The other add-ons to this card are –
- 2 reward points on every retail spend of Rs.100
- 15 reward points on dining, and movies. Departmental stores and groceries
- 2x reward points on all retail spends made between the 1st and 5th of every month
- 30% discount on dining with over 300 partnered restaurants
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Lifetime free credit card
- 2 complimentary lounge access per quarter
1% cashback on monthly spends of Rs. 7,500, 2% cashback on monthly spends of Rs. 12,500, and 3% cashback on monthly spends of Rs. 20,000.
Card Details +
AU XCITE ACE CREDIT CARD helps you earn more with every spend you make. This card is best suited for shopping, however, it gives you not just reward points but complimentary lounge services be it airport or railway lounges. The benefits of these cards are as follows –
- 1% cash back on monthly expenditures over Rs. 7,500
- 2% cashback on monthly expenditures over Rs. 12,500
- 3% cash back on monthly spending over Rs. 20,000
- Up to 30% discount on dining at more than 300 restaurants
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year
- 2 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter
4 RPs on every offline spend of Rs. 100, 8 RPs on every online spend, and 12 RPs on every international spend of Rs. 100
Card Details +
AU XCITE ULTRA CREDIT CARD is a reward points type credit card where you earn additional 500 reward points per month. This credit card is well-suited for traveling and shopping purposes. Complimentary lounge access and bonus reward points for achieving milestones are also there with numerous add-on benefits. These benefits are as follows –
- 4 reward points on each offline spend of Rs.100
- 8 reward points on online expenditures
- 12 reward points on each Rs. 100 international expenditures
- 5000 bonus reward points on spending over Rs.2.5 lakh in the previous year
- 500 bonus reward points on spending over Rs.5,000 within the initial 5 days of every month
- 30% off on dining with over 300 dining partners
- 8 complimentary railway lounge access every year, max 1 per quarter
Annual Fee and Lounge Access
Credit cards charge a joining fee which is different for every card. Here is an overview of all the cards providing railway lounge access throughout the country along with the max cap per quarter and their joining fee –
|NAME||FEE||LOUNGES PER QUARTER|
|IRCTC SBI Card Premier||Rs.1,499 + applicable taxes||8 per year and a maximum of 2 every quarter|
|IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 500 + applicable taxes||4 complimentary railway lounge access in a year (max 1 per quarter)|
|IRCTC HDFC Credit Card||Rs. 499 + applicable taxes||8 per year and a maximum of 2 every quarter|
|IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card||Rs.500||4 complimentary railway lounge access in a year (max 1 per quarter)|
|IDFC FIRST Classic Credit Card||Nil||16 complimentary railway lounges access every year, a maximum of 4 per quarter|
|AU Bank Altura Credit Card||Rs.199 + applicable taxes||2 complimentary visits to railway lounges|
|ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card||Rs.500||1 complimentary railway lounge visit per quarter|
|AU Bank Vetta Credit Card||Rs.2,999 + applicable taxes||2 complimentary IRCTC railway lounge access per quarter|
|IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card||Nil||4 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter|
|MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card||Rs.2,500 + applicable taxes||1 complimentary access to railway lounges every quarter|
|IDFC FIRST Millennia Credit Card||Nil||Complimentary railway lounge access 4 times a quarter|
|ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card||Rs.3,000 + applicable taxes||2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter|
|IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card||Nil||Complementary access to railway lounges and domestic and international airport lounges 4 per quarter.|
|MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card||Rs.500 + applicable taxes||1 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter|
|AU Bank Altura Plus Credit Card||Rs.499 + applicable taxes||2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter|
|AU Bank Zenith Credit Card||Rs.7,999 + applicable taxes||2 complimentary access to railway lounges every quarter|
|AU Bank Xcite Credit Card||Nil||2 complimentary lounge access per quarter|
|AU Bank Xcite Ace Credit Card||Nil||2 complimentary lounge access per quarter|
|AU Bank Xcite Ultra Credit Card||Nil||8 complimentary railway lounge access every year, max 1 per quarter|
Why should you own a credit card providing railway lounge access?
If you are a regular traveler and like to or have to use trains a lot, you can save an ample amount of money on your travel every time. Having travel credit cards that provide railway lounge access can be a boon for those who are to wait in the railway station for hours waiting for their trains to come. For example, if you are a non-credit cards user and you wish to avail the lounge, this can cost you a lot whereas if we are talking about credit card users who already have a credit card with the lounge access benefit, they can show their credit cards at the reception area and can enter the lounge.
Railway lounge access at various cities across the nation –
All these above-mentioned credit cards provide the railway lounge access up to a certain visit, the railway lounges which can be accessed by these cards are spread throughout the whole country. Sometimes it is hard to determine whether the card you hold has access to that particular railway lounge or not. To help in these kinds of situations, here is a table consisting of the type of railway lounges along with the necessary detail on it –
|NAME||CITY / STATE||ADDRESS|
|Executive Lounge New Delhi AG||Delhi / Delhi||Platform No.16, New Delhi Railway Station Ajmeri Gate, New Delhi, Delhi 110002|
|Executive Lounge New Delhi PG||Delhi / Delhi||Platform No. 1, First Floor, Paharganj Side, New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi, Delhi 1100055|
|Executive Lounge Jaipur||Jaipur / Rajasthan||Jaipur Railway Station, Platform No. 1, Shyam Nagar, Chomu, Rajasthan 303702|
|Executive Lounge Agra||Agra / UP||Agra Railway Station, Platform No.1, Agra Cantt, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001|
|Executive Lounge Ahmedabad||Ahmedabad / Gujrat||Executive Lounge, IRCTC Platform No. 1, Kalupur Railway Station, Ahmedabad 380002|
|Executive Lounge Sealdah||Kolkata (Sealdah) / WB||Executive Lounge, IRCTC Platform No. 8, 1st Floor, Sealdah Railway Station, Sealdah 700014|
|Executive Lounge Madurai||Madurai / TN||IRCTC Executive Lounge, Platform No. 1, Madurai Railway Junction, Railway Junction Road, Madurai Main, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001|
|Executive Lounge Varanasi||Varanasi / UP||IRCTC Executive Lounge, Platform No. 1, Cantt railway Station, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221002|
|Premium Lounge||Asansol / WB||Premium Lounge, 1st floor, Platform No. 2, Asansol Railway Station, Railpar Station Road, Distt- Bardhaman, Drysdale Rd, Railpar, Asansol, West Bengal 7133031|
|Beverage Lounge||Asansol / WB||Premium Lounge, 1st floor, Platform No. 5, Asansol Railway Station, Railpar Station Road, Distt- Bardhaman, Drysdale Rd, Railpar, Asansol, West Bengal 7133031|
|Premium Lounge||Durgapur / WB||Premium Lounge, Main Entrance, near Enquiry Office, Durgapur Railway Station, BC, Doctor Bidhan Chandra Roy Avenue, Durgapur, West Bengal 713201|
NOTE – Not every Credit Card provides access to all of the above-mentioned lounges
Features of Lounges
These lounges are not just sitting places, there are many things that one can do while waiting for their train. The complimentary lounge access includes the following facilities –
- 2 hours of lounge stay
- A/C installed sitting area
- Washroom / Changing room availability
- Buffet meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner) depending on the time of visit
- Tea and Coffee – Unlimited
- Free Wi-Fi and charging ports
- Newspapers and Magazines for entertainment
Railways are one of the major traveling modes in India so be it for long journeys or short ones. To keep these journeys comfortable for their customers, banks have made great efforts to provide us with lounge access. Although every cardholder doesn’t need to use this benefit at all cost, but whenever they travel and needs to have a short stay, these railway lounges can always come into use.
When choosing which card you want to apply for with railway lounge benefits, you can go ahead and compare them along with your needs and wants. There is no such thing as the Best Credit Card, only the right credit card which will fulfill all your basic needs and help you build financial stability is the best credit card for you.
Yes, just like airport lounge access, there are many credit cards that provide complimentary railway lounge access to the cardholders. You can relax at these lounges while waiting for your train, have food and drinks, and entertain yourselves.
For people those who prefer railways as there preferred mode of transport, there are several credit cards available that offer complimentary railway lounge access along with a host of other benefits and rewards. Some of the top credit cards with railway lounge access are IRCTC SBI Card Premier, HDFC Bank Rupay IRCTC Credit Card, IRCTC BoB Rupay Credit Card, AU Bank Altura Credit Card, IDFC First Classic Credit Card, ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card, AU Bank Vetta Credit Card, and some more.
You need to present your valid and unexpired credit card along with your railway ticket at the entrance of the participating railway lounge to get access. You will be charged Rs. 2 on your credit card for authentication and this fee is non-refundable.
No, the complimentary railway lounge access is only for the primary cardholder and not for the add-on cardholders or any other accompanying guests. You need to pay for anyone accompanying you at the railway lounge. Also, after using your free visits, you will need to pay for using the railway lounge and it won’t be for free anymore.
These are the privileges you get at the railway lounges –
- You can stay and rest for 2 hours inside the railway lounge.
- Relax in comfortable chairs and inside the lounge’s air-conditioned area.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner based on the time of the day you visit
- You get unlimited coffee, tea, and cookies
- You can use free wifi inside the railway lounge
- You can read magazines and newspapers, watch television, listen music, etc. for entertainment
These are the railway lounges that cardholders can access during their travel –
- New Delhi Executive Railway Lounge
- Jaipur Executive Railway Lounge
- Agra Executive Railway Lounge
- Ahmedabad Executive Railway Lounge
- Madurai Executive Railway Lounge
- Kolkata (Sealdah) Executive Railway Lounge