Like all other major credit card issuers in India, the Standard Chartered Bank also aims to provide its customers with great services and benefits to make the banking related-tasks easier for them. You can not only apply for Standard Chartered Credit Cards online from the comfort of your home but also track the status of your credit card application in seconds online or offline as per your comfort. While applying for a Standard Chartered Credit Card, just make sure to note down your application reference number so that you can track your application status anytime you want. Following is the detailed information about all the online & offline methods to check Standard Chartered Credit Card application status:
How to Check Standard Chartered Credit Card Status Online?
Standard Chartered bank customers check their credit card application status online by following a few simple steps. Just make sure that you have the application reference number and the registered mobile number with you. However, the bank doesn’t have any separate page for tracking the status of a credit card application like the other major card issuers, but you can still do it online as follows:
Via the Chatbot
You can get the status of your credit card application just by chatting with the Standard Chartered Bank Executives from the official website. Just follows these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the Standard Chartered bank.
- Click on the option ‘Credit Card.’
- You will be redirected to the credit cards page of the bank.
- Now, tap on the ‘Click to Chat’ option at the very bottom of the page.
- You will be connected to a bank official. Once connected, type ‘I want to check my Standard Chartered Credit Card status.’
- You will be asked for a few details like your application reference number.
- Enter your application number in the chatbox and send.
- You will be informed about your credit card application status in a few seconds after this.
How to check Standard Chartered Credit Card Status Offline?
Other than the online method mentioned above, you can also use the following offline methods
By Contacting Customer Care
You can also get the status of your credit card application by contacting the Standard Chartered Bank customer care executives at 6601 4444 / 3940 4444. They will ask you for a few details, like your application number, registered mobile number, PAN number, etc. Just provide them with all the required details carefully and they will help you get the status of your credit card in seconds.
By Visiting The Branch
Alternatively, you can also track your credit card application status by visiting your nearest Standard Chartered Bank branch and getting in touch with a bank executive who can help you with the same. You might need to provide your application reference number and a few other details & documents like identity proof, and the bank officials will surely let you know your credit card status very soon after getting the details.
Possible Statuses of Your Standard Chartered Credit Card Application
The various stages of your Standard Chartered bank credit card application status can be as follows:
- In Progress: The “Progress” status means your SCB credit card application status is still being processed.
- Approved: The approved status reflects that your credit card application has been approved by the bank.
- Dispatched: After your credit card application gets approved the dispatch is reflected as your application status. You shall receive an SMS from the bank specifying the expected date of delivery
- On Hold: “On Hold” status shall reflect on your status when the application has been put on hold by the bank for some reason. The on-hold status indicates that your application has been placed on hold for a variety of reasons, including failed document verification, the requirement for additional papers to complete the procedure, and so on.
- Disapproved: In case you do not fulfill the eligibility requirement of the bank your application shall be disapproved by the bank
In case your credit card application gets disapproved you can re-apply for this credit card after three months.
The Standard Chartered customer care number to check their application status is provided here 6601 4444 / 3940 4444
No, you do not need a Standard Chartered bank account to apply for Standard Chartered bank credit card
You need the following information to track your credit card status
- Application Number
- PAN Card
- Form Number
- Date of birth