The Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card, which was launched by the SC Bank in January 2022, is a cashback credit card targeted at low-income individuals or people who are just entering the world of credit cards. It comes with a nominal joining fee of Rs. 499, and provides its customers with a longer interest-free period for the first 90 days after card issuance. Talking about its cashback benefits, you earn 2% cashback on all online transactions and a 1% cashback on offline spends. You can earn up to Rs. 1,500 cashback every month using this card, i.e, up to Rs. 18,000 cashback every year.
Other than this, you can also save the renewal fee of Rs. 499 by spending Rs. 1,20,000 or more in the previous year. With all these amazing saving benefits, the card can be considered best suited for individuals who spend online very often and want to save more on their purchases. To understand the features & benefits, and fees & charges of the Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card in detail, keep reading:
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 499 + GST
- Get a longer interest-free period for the first 90 days after card set up.
- You earn 2% cashback on all your online spends using the Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card.
- You earn 1% cashback on all your offline spends.
- Spend-based waiver of the renewal fee.
- A low-interest rate of only 0.99% per month on EMI transactions.
Rewards and Benefits
Extended 90 days interest period from the date of the card issuance date.
Movie & Dining
Cashback of 2% on online spends and 1% on offline spends
The earned cashback is automatically credited to your account.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability of cardholders in case of any deceitful transaction that takes place through your lost or stolen credit card if the same is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 + GST
Rs. 499 + GST
Spend based Waiver
Waiver of renewal fee on the basis of the amount spent using this credit card.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all international transactions.
3.75% per month
A 1% fuel surcharge or Rs. 10, higher of the two, will be granted as fuel surcharge waiver.
Cash Advance Charge
3% of the cash withdrawn, subject to a minimum of Rs. 300.
Add-on Card Fee
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Standard Chartered Smart Credit card is a newly launched cashback card that comes with exciting cashback offers on online and offline spends. The details of the benefits that come along with this credit card are as below :-
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholders get an extended interest-free period by making only the minimum payment.
- This offer is valid for the first 90 days from the date of card issuance.
- The welcome benefit is only applicable on primary cards and not on supplementary credit cards.
- You earn a cashback of 2% on all online spends. The maximum cashback under this category is capped at Rs. 1,000 per month.
- You earn a cashback of 1% on all offline spends. The maximum cashback under this category is capped at Rs. 500 per month.
- No cashback is earned on fuel transactions.
Spend Based Waiver
The renewal fee of Rs. 499 can be waived off from the second year if you have spent Rs. 1,20,000 or in an anniversary year.
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card Eligibility & Documentation
You need to meet the conditions mentioned below in order to be eligible for this credit card:
- The primary applicant should be between 18 years to 65 years.
- The add-on applicant should be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant should be living in a city where a Standard Chartered Bank branch is located.
Following is the list of documents that you need to have in hand to apply for the Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card are as follows:
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, or any other government-issued ID.
- A passport size photograph.
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voters’ ID, Job card issued by NREGA, etc.
- Income Proof (for salaried people) – Latest salary slips.
- Income Proof (for self-employed individuals) – Latest IT Returns, Latest business continuity proof.
How To Apply For The Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
You can apply online as well as offline for the Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card. To apply offline, visit your nearest SC bank branch and fill in the physical application form. And if you want to apply online, you will just have to follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the Credit Cards page of the Standard Chartered Bank.
- Click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Select the ‘Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card’ and click on the ‘Apply Now’ option under that.
- If you are an existing SC Bank customer, click on ‘Yes.’ Otherwise, click on ‘No’ and then ‘Next.’
- Enter your name and mobile number to start the application.
- Enter all the other required details in the next step and upload the required documents carefully.
- You will be notified via SMS or email regarding the approval or rejection of your application.
The Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card is a cashback credit card issued by the bank that allows its customers to earn decent cashback on all their online and offline spends. Another cashback card issued by the bank is the Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium credit card, which is best suited for people who purchase fuel very often and provides only 1% on other spends. So, the Smart Credit Card can be considered the best option, in terms of cash back, for those who don’t have to do much with fuel.
It would be a great choice for individuals who are new to the world of credit cards and want to start their journey with a basic card with maximum saving benefits. As discussed earlier, the card allows you to save up to Rs. 18,000 every year by providing cashback on all your spends and Rs. 499 additionally if you get the renewal fee waived off. Another amazing feature of this card is: it comes with a very low-interest rate of only 0.99% per month and a zero processing fee on EMI transactions. So, you can easily make big purchases on EMIs without worrying about the fees and charges. However, the card doesn’t provide you with many benefits in other categories, including travel, entertainment, etc, but it will be beneficial for people who love online shopping.
No cashback is earned on cash withdrawals and fuel purchases with Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card.
The annual fee of Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card is waived off if a minimum of Rs. 1.2 lacs were spent in the preceding membership year.
The lower interest of 0.99% per month and zero processing fee is applicable only on eligible EMI transactions made with Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card as specified by the bank.
Yes, with the Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card, you can earn a maximum cashback of Rs. 1,500 in a month (up to Rs. 1,000 in the online category and up to Rs. 500 on offline spends).