Standard Chartered Bank was previously offering a co-branded travel credit card in partnership with Emirates Airlines, but this card has been discontinued now. After this, the bank tied up with EaseMyTrip, an online travel services-related company, to launch another co-branded travel card named standard chartered easemytrip credit card. This card comes with a nominal joining and annual fee of Rs. 350, which can easily be waived off on achieving the required annual spend. Being a travel credit card, it offers exclusive deals and discounts on travel-related bookings via the EaseMyTrip app/website. Along with lots of travel privileges, cardholders get decent reward rates across all the categories and accelerated rewards on travel bookings.
Talking about its additional benefits, you get complimentary airport lounge access to several domestic as well as international airports. Moreover, it offers a spend-based annual fee waiver, which allows you to avoid paying the renewal fee by spending a very nominal amount in the previous anniversary year.
To understand all the privileges of the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card, keep reading the article:
Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
2 Reward Points every Rs. 100 spend on retail purchases, and 10x Rewards on booking tickets at standalone hotels, apps, or websites.
1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against various categories at the 360-degree rewards portal.
Get complimentary domestic & international lounge access, and a 20% discount on hotel bookings & 10% discount on flight bookings via EaseMyTrip.
Domestic Lounge Access
1 free domestic lounge access each quarter
International Lounge Access
2 free international lounge access per year.
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholders are not liable for any unauthorized/fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Spend Based Waiver
The renewal fee of Rs. 350 is waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.75% per month
1% fuel surcharge is applicable on all authorized fuel purchases.
Cash Advance Charges
3% of the withdrawn cash amount or Rs. 300 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- 2x Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 100.
- 10x Rewards on ticket bookings at standalone hotels, websites, or apps.
- Up to 20% discount on travel-related bookings.
- Complimentary international and domestic lounge access.
- Spend-based renewal fee waiver.
- Zero Liability Protection against a lost/stolen card.
Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card Features and Benefits
The EaseMyTrip co-branded card issued by Standard Chartered Bank is a great travel card, specially designed for those who make their travel bookings mostly with the EaseMyTrip app/website. Not only this, but the card has a number of additional privileges, which are as follows:
On making travel bookings via the EaseMyTrip website/app, you get the following benefits:
- 20% discount on domestic as well as international hotel bookings. The maximum discount on domestic hotel bookings is capped at Rs. 5,000 and that on international hotel bookings is capped at Rs. 10,000.
- 10% discount on domestic & international flight bookings. The maximum discount on international flight bookings is capped at Rs. 5,000 and that on domestic bookings is capped at Rs. 1,000.
- Get flat Rs. 125 off on bus ticket bookings worth Rs. 500 or more.
Airport Lounge Access
You also get domestic and international airport lounge access with this card. The detailed information regarding the same is given below:
- You get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter (4 per year).
- You get 2 complimentary international lounge access every year.
You can get the renewal fee of Rs. 350 waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card Reward Points
The reward rates that you get with the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card in different categories are as mentioned below:
- Get 2x Reward Points (2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100) on retail purchases.
- 10x Reward Points on airline apps/outlets/websites or at standalone hotels.
- No Reward Points are earned on cash withdrawals, card fees & charges, etc.
The rewards earned using this card can be redeemed on the 360 degree rewards portal against lots of options as mentioned below:
- You can redeem your earned Rewards against products, gift vouchers, or services available there.
- The monetary value of 1 Reward Point is equivalent to Re.0.25.
- The Reward Points are valid only for 2 years from the accumulation date.
Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card Fees and Charges
Some important fees and charges associated with the EaseMyTrip Standard Chartered Credit Card are as follows:
- The joining and annual fee of this credit card is Rs.350, which is waived if the cardholder has spent Rs.50,000 or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card is 3.75% per month.
- The foreign currency markup fee on this credit card is 3.5% of the total transaction amount.
- The cash withdrawal fee on the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card is 3% of the cash amount or a minimum of Rs. 300.
Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
You also need to fulfill certain eligibility requirements in order to get approved for the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card. These criteria are given below:
- The age of the applicant should be above 18 years and below 65 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of monthly income.
- The applicant should belong to a location where Standard Chartered bank’s services are available.
The documents required to apply for the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card are listed below:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN Card, or any other valid Govt. Id.
- Address Proof: Voter’s Id, latest months’ utility bills, Driving License, or Job Card issued by NREGA.
- One passport-sized photograph.
- Latest one month’s salary slip.
How To Apply For The Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card?
One can easily apply for the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card online or offline at your convenience. Just make sure to check the eligibility requirements before that. To apply offline, visit the Standard Chartered branch nearest to you (if there is a branch in your city) and apply for the card by filling out the physical application form. To apply online, you can proceed further as follows:
- Click on the Apply Now button at the top of the page
- Under the option ‘Our Products.’
- Select ‘Credit Cards’ and then choose the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card.
- Proceed further to fill in the digital application form.
The Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card is a great option for those who travel very often domestically as well as internationally. They can not only earn accelerated rewards on travel but there are many more additional privileges that this card offers, such as up to 20% discount on travel bookings, complimentary lounge access, etc. Moreover, there is a decent reward rate on all purchases, so you can save on almost all your spending using this card. Moreover, the minimum threshold amount to get the renewal fee waived is very low and hence the cardholders can easily avoid paying the membership fee from the second year.
This was our review of the EaseMyTrip Standard Chartered Credit Card. Let us know your views on this in the comment section below!
Yes, the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 350, which is waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
No, you don’t get a fuel surcharge waiver with the Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Card. A 1% fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on this card.
For this credit card, the monetary value of 1 Reward Point is Re. 0.25. These rewards are redeemable against lots of options through the 360-degree rewards portal.
Yes, you get 2 complimentary international lounge access using this card.