Standard Chartered launched its Ultimate credit card in September 2017. It is the most premium card issued by the bank as of now. It should be the card of choice for individuals with a high income who want to enjoy an elite lifestyle without compromising with their lavish needs. This card is in direct competition with ICICI Bank Sapphiro credit card and HDFC Bank Infinia credit card Metal Edition. Earlier, the card was being offered in two variants- the Visa Infinite variant and MasterCard World variant; the former has now been discontinued, though. Since it’s a premium card, Standard Chartered offers some exclusive benefits to its customers, like, golf services, Priority Pass membership, etc; with this card.
Considering all the international travel requirements of its customers in mind, Standard Chartered has also kept the foreign currency exchange rate at 2% (lower than the average fee of 3.5%) and offers 5% cashback on duty-free purchases at airports. As it is a Reward Points-based credit card, you get 5 Rewards on every Rs. 150 spent using this card, which can be redeemed against shopping vouchers or charity spends under the Standard Chartered 360° rewards program.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
5 Reward Points on every retail purchase of Rs. 150
The earned Rewards are redeemable on the SC online portal under the Standard Chartered 360° rewards program. 1 Reward Point = Re. 1.
Complimentary Priority Pass membership with free domestic and international lounge access, and 5% cashback on all duty-free purchases at airports.
1 complimentary golf game per month, and 1 free golf coaching session each month.
Domestic Lounge Access
16 domestic lounge access per year (4 every quarter)
International Lounge Access
1 complimentary lounge visits per month with the Priority Pass membership.
Air accidental insurance cover worth Rs. 1 crore, and several travel insurance covers.
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder won't be liable for any fraudulent transaction made on their lost/stolen card once the loss of card is reported to the bank.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2% (3.5% charged at the time of transaction and 1.5% cashback within 60 days)
3.75% every month or 45% annually
1% fuel surcharge waiver is applicable. Maximum Rs. 1,000 each month.
Cash Advance Charges
3% of the transacted amount, subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 300
Add-on Card Fee
- Welcome bonus of 6,000 reward points.
- 5 RPs every time you spend Rs. 150 using the card.
- 2% foreign currency markup.
- 5% cashback on duty-free purchases at airports.
- Airport lounge access at over 1,000 airports around the world.
- 5,000 Rewards every year on the renewal of card membership.
- Air accident insurance worth Rs. 1 crore by HDFC EGRO General Insurance.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Features & Benefits
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Welcome Benefits
You get 6,000 Reward Points as a joining/welcome benefit. These points can be redeemed for shopping vouchers, and charity spends under the 360° rewards program.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Rewards
- You earn 5 RPs on every Rs. 150 spent on retail purchases using the card.
- The following categories shall now earn 3 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent- Utilities, supermarkets, insurance, property management, schools, governments and rental payments.
- You also get a 5% cashback on purchases from duty-free stores at airports, with maximum cashback capped at Rs. 1,000 every month.
- No reward points are earned for Fuel and cashback transactions.
- The reward points that you’ve earned can be redeemed against shopping vouchers (from popular brands like Nykaa, Croma, Shoppers Stop, etc.) and charity spends on the Standard Chartered online portal under the 360° rewards program.
- The value of 1 RP for this card is Re. 1.
- These earned Rewards expire after 3 years from the accumulation date.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Travel Benefits
- You get a complimentary Priority Pass membership.
- You get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access in a calendar quarter.
- You get 1 complimentary international airport lounge visit every calendar month.
The Priority Pass can be used for 1 complimentary international lounge access per month only if you make spends of Rs. 20,000 or more in the previous month with your credit card. Any visits over the complimentary visit per month, including guest visits, will be charged the Priority Pass usage fee.
- 1 complimentary Golf game every month at selected domestic golf courses.
- 1 complimentary Golf coaching session at selected domestic golf courses.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Insurance Benefits
|Accidental air death||Rs. 1 crore|
|Emergency medical insurance||USD 25,000|
|Flight hijacking||USD 100|
|Delayed baggage||USD 100|
|Lost baggage/documents||USD 750|
|Flight delay||USD 200|
A 1% fuel surcharge waiver is also provided with this card at all petrol pumps across India. Maximum fuel surcharge waiver is Rs. 1000 per month.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Foreign Currency Markup
The foreign currency mark-up for transactions using this credit is significantly lower than other cards. Although you pay a markup of 3.5% at the time of the transaction (just like other cards), you get 1.5% cashback within 60 days of the transaction. So, the effective foreign currency markup is 2%.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Eligibility
In order to improve the chances of approval for the Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit card, you will need to fulfil certain eligibility criteria, which are as follows:
- Your age must be between 21 and 65 years.
- You must have a stable source of monthly income.
- You should have a decent credit score.
How to Apply for Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card?
You can apply for the SC Ultimate credit card online by clicking here. Once you’ve successfully submitted your digital application, a bank executive will get in touch with you in order to complete the documentation. You will have to submit an ID proof (like an Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter card, or any other government-issued ID proof), an address proof, a passport-sized photo of yours, and financial documents like IT return proof (for self-employed individuals) or the latest bank statements/salary slip (for salaried employees). Your card application can also be processed based on your other credit statements.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Review
Considering all the benefits that it comes bundled with, the Standard Chartered Ultimate credit card can be a good option for HNIs (High Net-worth Individuals) who travel frequently and want to enjoy a lavish lifestyle as it offers benefits like 16 domestic lounge access, complimentary Priority Pass membership, cashback on shopping from duty-free stores at airports and an air accident insurance cover. You also get premium benefits like concierge service golf games, and coaching sessions. We think this card offers good competition to HDFC Bank Infinia credit card. What are your views about this card, make sure to let us know in the comment section below. If you’re an existing cardholder, feel free to share your experiences.
The reward points are valid for a period of 3 years from the time of accumulation.
No. The 5% cashback is applicable only on purchases made from the airport’s duty-free stores.
You have to pay a foreign currency mark-up of 3.5% at the time of the transaction, out of which, 1.5% is refunded as cashback within 60 days of transaction. So, the effective foreign currency mark-up is 2%.
No. Reward points can be redeemed only for shopping vouchers or charity spends under the Standard Chartered 360° rewards program.