Standard Chartered Bank is one of the popular credit card issuers in India and hence it provides its customers with various exclusive products and services. Along with a range of credit cards across different categories, Standard Chartered Bank also provides you with add-on credit card services. The add-on credit cards can be of great use for those who find it difficult to get approved for a credit card because they don’t have a source of income or no credit history. You can get Standard Chartered supplementary credit cards under the primary accounts of your family members. After receiving an add-on credit card, you will have to activate it in order to use it for further transactions. In this article, we are going to help you understand some easiest methods of Standard Chartered Add-On Credit Cards PIN Generation/Change:
How To Activate Standard Chartered Add-On Credit Cards?
There are various methods that you can use to activate your Standard Chartered Add-On Credit Cards or to generate its PIN. If you have newly received a supplementary Credit Card from SCB, you will have to generate your credit card PIN first as your card may get closed if you don’t do so. The following are some step-wise methods to activate SCB add-on Credit Cards:
Via Internet Banking
Internet Banking is one of the easiest ways to generate your Standard Chartered Bank Add-On Credit Card PIN as you can get your task done in a few seconds through internet banking:
- Log in to your internet banking account using your user-id and password.
- Find and click on ‘Help and Services’ and then on ‘Card Management’.
- From the given options select the ‘Credit or Debit Card PIN Change’ option.
- From the drop-down menu select your credit card number and enter a new 6-digit PIN twice and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- You will receive a one-time password on the registered phone number for verification purposes. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Confirm’.
By Contacting Customer Care
You can also get your SCB add-on credit card PIN activated by contacting Standard Chartered Bank’s Credit Card customer care. Just call the card issuer’s helpline number and request the bank officials to help you in generating your credit card PIN. They will ask you for a few details like the card number, primary account details, and OTP on your registered mobile number, etc. Once you provide them with the required information, your task will be done within a few minutes.
Through SCB ATM
You can also activate your Standard Chartered add-on Credit Card offline through any ATM near you. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to generate your SCB supplementary credit card PIN:
- Visit the Standard Chartered Bank ATM nearest to you.
- Insert your add-on credit card into it.
- From the main menu, find an option to set/generate a credit card PIN.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen carefully.
- Enter the PIN you want to set, re-enter it, and confirm.
Standard Chartered Add-On Credit Card PIN Change
Just like PIN generation, there are various methods to change the PIN for your Standard Chartered Add-on Credit Card. You can do it using any of the methods given below:
- Login to your SCB internet banking account and find an option to reset/change your credit card PIN under the ‘Help and Services’ option. Enter the required details and set a new PIN for your add-on credit card.
- You can also change the PIN for your SCB add-on Card by contacting the bank’s customer care. Just call customer care and request the bank executives to help you with the process of changing your add-on credit card PIN.
- Another way to change your Standard Chartered add-on credit card PIN is through the ATM. You can easily reset your credit card PIN at any SCB ATM near you. Just make sure to carry your registered mobile number along with you as you might be asked to enter an OTP for verification.
Now, you might have understood all the methods for Standard Chartered Add-On Credit Card PIN Generation/Change. Though SCB Credit Card services are only available across selected cities, many people still prefer having a credit card from the Standard Chartered Bank due to all the rewards and benefits that these cards offer. If you are also planning to get an add-on card under the primary standard Chartered Credit Card of your family members, you can use any of the above methods to activate your card and change its PIN from time to time.
No, the Standard Chartered Bank does not charge any joining/annual fee for supplementary/add-on credit cards.
Yes, you can easily generate/change your SCB add-on card PIN via internet banking. It is one of the easiest ways to do so.