In collaboration with the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the Bank of Baroda has launched a co-branded credit card – IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card. The card was designed, keeping the requirements in mind of those people, who travel quite often through Indian Railways. This partnership will prove to be beneficial for all the BoB customers who use rail mode for traveling. Bearing a joining fee of Rs. 500, this card offers a plethora of rewards and benefits to its users. Not just for travel benefits, this card brings along a lot of benefits on grocery purchases, fuel expenses, etc. You can also convert transactions into EMI through IRCTC CoB RuPay Credit Card. To learn more about this offering by BoB keep reading.
IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- 1000 Bonus Reward Points as a welcome benefit
- 4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 you spend on grocery & departmental store purchases.
- 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 you spend on other categories
- Upto 40 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on train bookings via IRCTC website and mobile application
- Get add-on card and enjoy added benefits
- Get 4 complimentary partner railway lounge access per year
Rewards and Benefits
Get 1000 Bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 1000 through a single transaction using this card within the first 45 days of card issuance.
Movie & Dining
4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 you spend on grocery & departmental stores and 2 Reward Points on other categories respectively. Upto 40 RP on every Rs. 100 spent on railway tickets booked through IRCTC
The earned RP can be redeemed for ticket bookings via IRCTC website or mobile application. Also can be redeemed against card’s statement balance where 1 RP = Rs. 0.25
Complimentary partner railway lounges access
Domestic Lounge Access
4 Complimentary access to railway lounges annually (1 every quarter)
International Lounge Access
You are provided with insurance cover for lost/stolen card
Zero Liability Protection
No liability falls on the cardholder if the lost or stolen card is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 350 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign transactions
3.49% per month (or 41.88% annually)
1% waiver at all fuel stations in India
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 500
Add-on Card Fee
IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card – Features and Benefits
The IRCTC BoB RuPayCredit Card is specially designed for those who are very frequent train travelers. You can experience rewards, benefits, and discounts while traveling by train by using this card. You get remarkable reward points on your rail ticket booking via IRCTC and while shopping for your daily needs as well. Further, the points can be redeemed to book railway tickets. Following are the detailed features IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card:-
- As a joining benefit, you get 1000 bonus Reward Points on the condition that you should do a single transaction of Rs. 1000 through your card within the first 45 days of card issuance.
- Up to 40 Reward Points per Rs. 100 you spend while booking railway tickets through the IRCTC website or mobile application.
- 4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent towards grocery and departmental stores.
- 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spend towards all other categories
There are 2 methods to redeem the Reward Points earned on your IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card –
- The first is that you can redeem your reward points by booking railway tickets through the IRCTC Website or Mobile Application.
- The second way of redemption is that you can redeem these points against your credit card statement balance, where 1 RP = Rs. 0.25.
- You are entitled to 4 Complimentary domestic railway lounge access per year, subject to a maximum of 1 per quarter.
Zero Credit Card Lost Liability
If your IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card is lost or stolen, then you won’t be liable for any fraudulent transaction that happened on your card if the loss of the card is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 to Rs. 3,000 at fuel pumps all over India (waiver capped at Rs. 100 per statement).
Railway Surcharge Waiver
On booking a railway ticket through IRCTC Website or Mobile Application using IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card, you are entitled to a transaction surcharge waiver of 1% on all transactions.
The card offers many other benefits including, 3 add-on cards free for lifetime which you can provide to your family members.
IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card: Fees and Charges
- The IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 500
- This card carries an annual fee of Rs. 350
- IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card charges 3.5% as a foreign markup fee.
- The card carries a financial charge of 3.49% p.m. (41.88% annually).
- The card charges 2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs. 500, as the cash advance fee.
Eligibility Criteria for IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card
|Age||Between 21 Years and 65 Years|
|Income||Above Rs. 3.60 Lakhs (salaried) and Rs. 4.80 Lakhs (for self-employed)|
|Credit Score||Decent credit score (750 or above)|
How to apply for IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card
The IRCTC BoB Card can be applied with online and offline methods.
For online mode –
- Visit the official website of Bank of Baroda.
- Go to ‘Credit Cards’.
- Select ‘IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card’ and click on apply now.
- Fill in the application and submit the required documents.
For offline mode –
To apply offline, the applicant needs to visit the nearest BoB branch along with all the documents and fill in the application form available there.
Traveling through railways is convenient as compared to roadways and when you get such exciting benefits while traveling through railways, it is just like a cherry on the cake. Earning 40 Reward Points on booking tickets through IRCTC through this card and also saving you a 1% transaction surcharge that is just amazing. Also, you can convert your BoB Reward points into IRCTC travel points by linking your credit card loyalty number with your IRCTC id, which is great. Previously, only SBI Card used to offer three co-branded credit cards with ITCTC, out of which the IRCTC SBI Platinum Card is very much comparable with this one.
At a nominal fee of Rs. 500, you get all these exclusive benefits with the IRCTC BoB RuPay Card. Not only on railway ticket bookings, but you also get reward points while fulfilling your daily needs. If you are someone who is a frequent traveler and is looking for a card that provides benefits while ticket bookings at a decent fee, you can surely opt for this card as this card offers you premium travel benefits.
The card charges a renewal fee of Rs. 350 plus
Yes, the IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card does come with a 1% waiver at all fuel stations across India on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000. (waiver capped at Rs. 100 per statement)
Yes, the IRCTC BoB RuPay Credit Card does provide a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on booking tickets via IRCTC Website and Mobile Application