The ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card is India’s first dual platinum credit card that aims to provide its customers with benefits across various categories. It comes in three variants: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. However, only the ICICI Bank Rubyx Visa Credit card is being issued by the bank currently. The card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 and welcomes you with travel & shopping gift vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 or more. With this card, you earn ICICI Reward Points (which earlier used to offer Payback Points) on almost all your domestic as well as international spends, and you can redeem these points easily against cash or gifts as per your choice. You can earn up to 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 you spend.
Being one of the popular ICICI Credit Cards, it also provides you with exciting lifestyle benefits, including exclusive discount offers on dining and a 25% discount on movie tickets on BookMyShow & Inox. You also get travel benefits, including railway & airport lounge access every quarter to make your travel experiences comfortable. The cardholders can save a lot with this card along with all these benefits, and you can also get your card’s renewal fee waived based on your spends in an anniversary year. Read on for more details on the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
25% discount on movie ticket bookings (min 2 per transaction and max 2 tines in a month) on BookMyShow and INOX (max discount capped at Rs. 150), discount on dining bills with the Culinary Treats Program.
4 Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 100, 2 Reward Points on domestic spends & 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent on utilities and insurance categories.
The reward points can be redeemed for gift vouchers or cashback at a rate of 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25
2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter
Up to 2 complimentary golf lessons/rounds each month (1 golf round/lesson for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month)
Domestic Lounge Access
1 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter (MasterCard variant) and two 2 domestic airport lounge access per quarter on the Visa variant
International Lounge Access
Complimentary insurance covers against air accidents, plane hijacking, lost baggage, delayed baggage, lost card, lost travel documents, credit shield, etc.
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmember shall not be liable for any fraudulent transactions done on the card once the loss of card is reported to the bank.
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal Fee is waived off on spending Rs. 3 lakhs or more in an anniversary year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.40% per month (or 40.8% annually)
1% fuel surcharge is waived off for all fuel transactions up to Rs. 4,000 across all fuel stations in India.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 300 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- 2 Reward Points per domestic spend of Rs. 100 & 4 Reward Points per international spend of Rs. 100.
- 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent on utilities and insurance categories
- Travel and shopping vouchers worth over Rs. 5,000 as a welcome benefit.
- 25% discount (up to Rs. 150) on booking a minimum of 2 movie tickets in a single transaction on BookMyShow or Inox (max 2 times in a month- once with each variant).
- Exciting discount offers on dining with ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program.
- 2 complimentary railway lounge access with each of the MasterCard and American Express variants (total 4 railway lounge access) per quarter.
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access (1 with each of MasterCard and AmEx variants) per quarter on minimum spends of Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
- 1 complimentary golf lesson/round every month per Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month (max 2 rounds/lessons in a month).
- Exclusive insurance benefits including a personal air accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore and lost card liability protection worth Rs. 50,000.
- 24*7 concierge service i-Assist for hotel reservations, flight/movie ticket bookings, gift delivery assistance, etc.
- Spends-based renewal fee waiver on the expenditure of Rs. 3 lakh in the previous year.
- Additional Reward Points on achieving the stipulated spends based milestones.
ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Benefits & Features
The ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is a unique card offered by the bank with exceptional benefits and features. To give you a great start to your journey, the card gets you exciting welcome gifts. Other advantages of the card include its reward program, travel benefits, movie & dining benefits, milestone benefits, and many more. To know all its benefits in detail, refer to the information given below:
- Travel & shopping vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 or more as a welcome gift.
- You get the welcome gift within 30 days after payment of the joining fee.
- You get 3,000 Reward Points on spending Rs. 3 lakhs and 1,500 Reward Points for every subsequent spends of Rs. 1 lakh in an anniversary year.
- A maximum of 15,000 additional Reward Points can be earned in a year as a Milestone benefit.
- The renewal fee is waived off on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 3 lakh in the previous year.
Free Airport Lounge Access
- You get 2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter with the ICICI Bank Rubyx Visa Credit Card.
- You get 1 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter with each of the two variants- 1 with the MasterCard variant and 1 with the American Express variant (total 2 domestic airport lounge access per quarter) on a minimum expenditure of RS. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
Free Railway Lounge Access
You get 2 complimentary railway lounge access each quarter. This is only available to the primary cardholder. Railway lounge access is available at the following stations.
- Delhi – Executive Railway Lounge
- Agra- Executive Railway Lounge
- Jaipur- Executive Railway Lounge
- Ahmedabad- Executive Railway Lounge
- Madurai- Executive Railway Lounge
- Kolkata (Sealdah)- Executive Railway Lounge
Movie & Dining Benefits
- Avail of a discount of 25% (up to Rs. 150) on purchasing a minimum of two movie tickets on BookMyShow 2 times a month (one-time each on Mastercard & American Express variants).
- Avail of a discount of 25% (up to Rs. 150) on purchasing a minimum of two movie tickets on INOX 2 times a month (one-time each on American Express & Mastercard variants).
- Exciting Discounts on dining bills at partner restaurants with the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program.
- 1 complimentary golf round/lesson for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month.
- You can get a maximum of 2 golf lessons/rounds each month.
You get access to ICICI Bank’s 24×7 concierge service, i-Assist for assistance regarding hotel reservations, flight ticket booking, movie ticket bookings, restaurant referrals and table reservations, car rental, flower and gift delivery, etc. Apart from this, you also get medical concierge privileges and emergency auto assistance with the ICICI Rubyx Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% fuel surcharge waiver is provided for all fuel transactions of up to Rs. 4,000 across all fuel stations in India.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Card Rewards Rate:
- You earn 4 Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 100 with this card.
- You earn 2 Reward Points on every domestic spend of Rs. 100.
- 1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100 on Utility and insurance categories.
Reward Points Redemption
The ICICI Rewards you earn using this credit card can be redeemed against the card’s outstanding balance or gifts. Here is how you can do the same:
- For redemption of Rewards against cashback, you can call on 080-40146444, and the equivalent cashback will be credited into your account within 7 days from the redemption request.
- For redemption of Rewards against gifts, you can call 1860-258-5000, and the gift will be sent to you within 10 days.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card Fees & Charges
- The ICICI Rubyx Credit Card charges a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 (for the first year only) and an annual fee of Rs. 2,000 every year from the second year. However, this annual fee can be waived on spending Rs. 3 lakhs or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is 3.5% per month (40.8% per annum).
- When you withdraw cash using your ICICI Rubyx Card, a cash advance fee of 2.5% or Rs. 300 is charged on your card.
- To make transactions in a foreign currency using your ICICI Rubyx Credit Card, you will be charged a forex markup fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount.
ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Eligibility
You need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to get approved for the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card:
|Salaried||21 – 65 years||>Rs. 50,000 per month|
|Self Employed||21 – 65 years||>Rs. 5.5 lakhs per annum|
- Identity Proof – Any of these documents: Aadhaar Card, Voters ID, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof – Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Utility Bills, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License.
- Proof of Income – Latest salary slips, Latest bank statement, Form 16.
How to Apply for ICICI Rubyx Credit Card?
The ICICI Bank provides you with several online as well as offline ways to apply for the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card. You can simply visit your nearest branch and fill in the physical application form to apply for the card. If you want to apply online, just follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- Fill in all the required details and complete documentation.
- Submit your application.
How to Check ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Application Status?
- One of the simplest ways to check your credit card application status is to contact customer care and ask them about the same. They will ask you for a few details like your name, application number, etc., and will give you all the required information.
- ICICI Bank also has a separate webpage that provides its customers with the facility to track their application status. You can just visit their official webpage, enter the required details, and you will get your credit card application status in seconds.
- If you don’t prefer online methods, you can simply visit the branch and ask the bank executives about your credit card application status. However, the other two methods are way faster and easier than this one.
Activation & PIN Generation
The following are the different ways to generate the PIN of your ICICI Rubyx Credit Card after you receive the card from the bank:
- Visit the ICICI Bank’s official website and sign up for internet banking. Add your card and you will easily find the option to generate your credit card PIN.
- You can activate your credit card via ATM. Visit your nearest ATM and search for the option ‘create/generate a new PIN’ from the Main Menu.
- The mobile app of the ICICI Bank, the iMobile app, gives you another easy way to activate your credit card. Log in to the app, add your card and find an option to generate the PIN.
- If you don’t find any of the above methods suitable, you can contact ICICI Bank’s credit card customer care, and they will assist you in activating your credit card.
ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Bill Payment
Paying your credit card bills on time is the most important thing to do while using credit cards for doing this, you must be aware of different methods of how you can make your credit card bill payment so that you can go with the second method if your primary method doesn’t work. Following is a list of different ways to pay your credit card bill:
- Log in to your ICICI Bank internet banking account and go to the section Cards & Loans. Then select your Rubyx Credit Card, and you will easily find the option to pay its bill.
- If you have a savings account in a different bank, you can pay your Rubyx Credit Card bill via NEFT by entering the card number as your account number and finding the IFSC code online.
- Paytm, PhonePe, Cred, and other wallet-based apps are also among the easiest ways to pay your credit card bills. You can find the option to make credit card bill payments easily on these apps and complete the process quickly.
- You can also pay your credit card bills by visiting your nearest ATM and finding the option of credit card bill payment from the Menu.
There are situations when you need to get connected to customer care while using a credit card. You can find a lot of options to connect to the ICICI Bank credit card customer care on their official website. Still, the following are a few important contact details that you should note down if you are using an ICICI Bank credit card:
- To contact customer care via phone, you can dial the number 1860 120 7777 any day between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- If you want to write a mail regarding any doubts or queries related to your ICICI Bank Credit Card, you can write and send a mail to [email protected].
Cards Similar To ICICI Rubyx Credit Card
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Reward Rate||Main Benefits|
|ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card||Rs. 3,000 (for the first year)Rs. 2,000 (second year onwards)||4 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on international purchases
2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on domestic purchases.
|Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every year.
25% discount on movies on BookMyShow & Inox.
Up to 15,000 Reward Points every year under the card’s milestone benefits.
|SBI Prime Credit Card||Rs. 2,999||2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
5x Reward Points on dining, movies, groceries, and departmental stores.
|Complimentary Club Vistara and Trident Privilege memberships.
Gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 8,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
|IDFC First Select Credit Card||Nil||3 Reward Points on every offline spend of Rs. 100.
2x Reward Points on online spends.
|Complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movie tickets.
Low Forex markup fee
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card Review
Along with being the first dual platinum credit card in India, the ICICI Bank Rubyx Card can be considered an ideal card that provides its customers with exclusive Reward offers & all the other benefits that one might be looking for. It provides you with complimentary railway and airport lounge access, so it doesn’t matter whether you are travelling by train or on a flight; you are going to have a luxurious experience in both cases. Moreover, the reward points you earn can be redeemed against cash or gifts. So you can use them wherever you want. The exclusive Insurance & concierge benefits can also not be ignored. With all these exciting benefits, the ICICI Bank Rubyx Card has become a great choice for everyone looking for an affordable credit card with great advantages.
You get a total of 4 railway lounge access every quarter (2 through the Mastercard variant & 2 through the American Express variant).
The renewal fee of the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is Rs. 2000 + GST.
Yes, the ICICI Bank Rubyx Card provides a welcome benefit of travel & shopping vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 and you get it within 30 days after payment of the joining fee.
The interest rate on the ICICI Rubyx Visa Credit Card is 3.40% per month.
Yes, this card provides an air accident cover worth Rs. 1 Crore.
No, the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is not free. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 and an annual fee of Rs. 2,000 plus applicable taxes.
The Reward Points you earn using this credit card can be redeemed against the card’s statement balance or gifts at a rate of 1 Point = Re. 0.25. The redemption can be done by contacting customer care.
The interest rate on the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is 3.40% per month (40.8% annualized).