The ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card is India’s first dual platinum credit card that aims to provide its customers with benefits across various categories. It comes in three variants: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. However, only the ICICI Bank Rubyx Visa Credit card is being issued by the bank currently. The card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 and welcomes you with travel & shopping gift vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 or more. With this card, you earn ICICI Reward Points (which earlier used to offer Payback Points) on almost all your domestic as well as international spends and you can redeem these points easily against cash or gifts as per your choice. You can earn up to 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend.
Being one of the popular ICICI Credit Cards, it also provides you with exciting lifestyle benefits, including exclusive discount offers on dining, and a 25% discount on movie tickets on BookMyShow & Inox. You also get travel benefits, including railway & airport lounge access every quarter to make your travel experiences comfortable. The cardholders can save a lot with this card as along with all these benefits, you can also get your card’s renewal fee waived off based on your spends in an anniversary year. Read on for more details on ICICI Rubyx Credit Card.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 3,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- 2 REward Points per domestic spend of Rs. 100 & 4 Reward Points per international spend of Rs. 100.
- Travel and shopping vouchers worth over Rs. 5,000 as a welcome benefit.
- 25% discount (up to Rs. 150) on booking a minimum of 2 movie tickets in a single transaction on BookMyShow or Inox (max 2 times in a month- once with each variant).
- Exciting discount offers on dining with ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program.
- 2 complimentary railway lounge access with each of the MasterCard and American Express variants (total 4 railway lounge access) per quarter.
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access (1 with each of MasterCard and AmEx variants) per quarter on minimum spends of Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
- 1 complimentary golf lesson/round every month per Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month (max 2 rounds/lessons in a month).
- Exclusive insurance benefits including a personal air accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore and lost card liability protection worth Rs. 50,000.
- 24*7 concierge service i-Assist for hotel reservations, flight/movie ticket bookings, gift delivery assistance, etc.
- Spends-based renewal fee waiver on the expenditure of Rs. 3 lakh in the previous year.
- Additional Reward Points on achieving the stipulated spends based milestones.
Rewards and Benefits
Travel & shopping vouchers worth over Rs. 5,000
Movie & Dining
25% discount on movie ticket bookings (min 2 per transaction and max 2 tines in a month) on BookMyShow and INOX (max discount capped at Rs. 150), discount on dining bills with the Culinary Treats Program.
4 Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 100 & 2 Reward Points on domestic spends.
The reward points can be redeemed for gift vouchers or cashback at a rate of 1 REward POint = Re. 0.25
2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter and 1 complimentary airport lounge access per quarter with each of the two variants (total 2 per quarter) on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter
Up to 2 complimentary golf lessons/rounds each month (1 golf round/lesson for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month)
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter and 1 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter with each of the two variants (total 2 domestic airport lounge access per quarter) on a minimum expenditure of Rs.5,000 in the previous quarter.
International Lounge Access
Complimentary insurance covers against air accidents, plane hijacking, lost baggage, delayed baggage, lost card, lost travel documents, credit shield, etc.
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmember shall not be liable for any fraudulent transactions done on the card once the loss of card is reported to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 3,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 2,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal Fee is waived off on spending Rs. 3 lakhs or more in an anniversary year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.40% per month (or 40.8% annually)
1% fuel surcharge is waived off for all fuel transactions up to Rs. 4,000 across all fuel stations in India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 300 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Benefits & Features
The ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is a unique card offered by the bank with exceptional benefits and features. To give a great start to your journey, the card gets you exciting welcome gifts. Other advantages of the card include its reward program, travel benefits, movie & dining benefits, milestone benefits, and many more. To know all its benefits in detail, refer to the information given below:
- Travel & shopping vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 or more as a welcome gift.
- You get the welcome gift within 30 days after payment of the joining fee.
- You get 3,000 Reward Points on spending Rs. 3 lakhs and 1,500 Reward Points for every subsequent spends of Rs. 1 lakh in an anniversary year.
- A maximum of 15,000 additional Reward Points can be earned in a year as a Milestone benefit.
- The renewal fee is waived off on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 3 lakh in the previous year.
- You get 2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter with the ICICI Bank Rubyx Visa Credit Card.
- You get 2 complimentary railway lounge access each quarter.
- You get 1 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter with each of the two variants- 1 with the MasterCard variant and 1 with the American Express variant (total 2 domestic airport lounge access per quarter) on a minimum expenditure of RS. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
Movie & Dining Benefits
- Avail of a discount of 25% (up to Rs. 150) on purchasing a minimum of two movies tickets on BookMyShow 2 times a month (one-time each on Mastercard & American Express variant).
- Avail of a discount of 25% (up to Rs. 150) on purchasing a minimum of two movie tickets on INOX 2 times a month (one-time each on American Express & Mastercard variant).
- Exciting Discounts on dining bills at partner restaurants with the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program.
- 1 complimentary golf round/lesson for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month.
- You can get a maximum of 2 golf lessons/rounds each month.
|Insurance Type||Covered Amount|
|Personal air accident||Rs. 1 crore|
|Baggage insurance||Up to Rs. 25,000|
|Loss of checked baggage||USD 12,000|
|Loss of travel documents||USD 500|
|Delay in receipt of checked baggage||USD 300 (in excess of 12 hours)|
|Missing flight due to trans-shipment||USD 300|
|Plane hijacking||USD 250 per hour for up to 12 hours|
|Delay in flight||USD 250 in excess of 12 hours|
|Credit Shield||Rs. 50,000|
|Lost card liability||Rs. 50,000 (2 days pre-reporting and 7 days post reporting the loss of card)|
Zero Liability Protection
The ICICI Bank provides you with zero liability protection against your ICICI Rubyx Credit Card. According to this, you are not responsible for any fraudulent or unauthorized transactions made on your lost/stolen card once you report the loss of the card to the bank.
You get access to ICICI Bank’s 24×7 concierge service, i-Assist for assistance regarding hotel reservation, flight ticket booking, movie ticket bookings, restaurant referrals and table reservation, car rental, flower and gift delivery, etc. Apart from this, you also get medical concierge privileges and emergency auto assistance with the ICICI Rubyx Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% fuel surcharge waiver is provided for all fuel transactions across India up to Rs. 4,000 across all fuel stations in India.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Card Rewards Rate:
- You earn 4 Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 100 with this card.
- You earn 2 Reward Points on every domestic spend of Rs. 100.
- 1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100 on Utility and insurance categories.
Reward Points Redemption:
The ICICI Rewards you earn using this credit card can be redeemed against the card’s outstanding balance or gifts. Here is how you can do the same:
- For redemption of Rewards against cashback, you can call on 080-40146444, and the equivalent cashback will be credited into your account within 7 days from the redemption request.
- For redemption of Rewards against gifts, you can call on 1860-258-5000 and the gift will be sent to you within 10 days.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card Fees & Charges
- The ICICI Rubyx Credit Card charges a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 (for the first year only) and an annual fee of Rs. 2,000 every year from the second year. However, this annual fee can be waived off on spending Rs. 3 lakhs or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is 3.5% per month (40.8% per annum).
- When you withdraw cash using your ICICI Rubyx Card, a cash advance fee of 2.5% or Rs. 300 is charged on your card.
- To make transactions in a foreign currency using your ICICI Rubyx Credit Card, you will be charged a forex markup fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount.
ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Eligibility
You need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to get approved for the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card:
|Salaried||21 – 65 years||>Rs. 50,000 per month|
|Self Employed||21 – 65 years||>Rs. 5.5 lakhs per annum|
- Identity Proof – Any of these documents: Aadhar Card, Voters Id, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Utility Bills, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License.
- Proof of Income – Latest salary slips, Latest bank statement, Form 16.
How To Apply For ICICI Rubyx Credit Card?
The ICICI Bank provides you with several online as well as offline ways to apply for the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card. You can simply visit your nearest branch and fill in the physical application form to apply for the card. If you want to apply online, just follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of the ICICI bank.
- On the home screen, you will see an option ‘Cards.’
- Go to the Cards section and click on ‘credit cards.’
- Scroll down and you will see the Rubyx Credit Card.
- Click on ‘Get Card.’
- You will be redirected to an online application form.
- Fill in all the required details and complete documentation.
How To Check ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Application Status?
- One of the simplest ways to check your credit card application status is to contact customer care and ask them about the same. They would ask you for a few details like your name, application number, etc, and will give you all the required information.
- ICICI Bank also has a separate webpage that provides its customers with the facility to track their application status. You can just visit their official webpage, enter the required details and you will get your credit card application status in seconds.
- If you don’t prefer online methods, you can simply visit the branch and ask the bank executives about your credit card application status. However, the other two methods are way faster and easier than this one.
Activation & PIN Generation
The following are the different ways to generate the PIN of your ICICI Rubyx Credit Card after you receive the card from the bank:
- Visit the ICICI Bank’s official website and sign up for internet banking. Add your card and you will easily find the option to generate your credit card PIN.
- You can activate your credit card via ATM. Visit your nearest ATM and search for the option ‘create/generate a new PIN’ from the Main Menu.
- The mobile app of the ICICI Bank, iMobile app, gives you another easy way to activate your credit card. Log in to the app, add your card and find an option to generate the PIN.
- If you don’t find any of the above methods suitable, you can contact ICICI Bank’s credit card customer care and they will assist you on how you can activate your credit card.
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card Limit
The ICICI Bank may provide different credit limits to different cardholders on the basis of their credit score, past payment behavior, their income, and other factors. So, there is no fixed limit that you will get with the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card, but it will most probably provide you with a credit limit of Rs. 1 lakh or more. However, if you are not satisfied with the credit limit you got, you can contact your credit card customer care and ask them to give you a higher credit limit. But, make sure that you use your card responsibly for at least six months before applying for a credit limit increase. You can also request the card issuer to improve your credit limit via internet banking. Moreover, another way to get a higher limit is to send SMS CRLIM
ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Bill Payment
Paying your credit card bills on time is the most important thing to do while using credit cards and for doing this, you must be aware of different methods of how you can make your credit card bill payment so that you can go with the second method if your primary method doesn’t work. Following is a list of different ways to pay your credit card bill:
- Log in to your ICICI Bank internet banking account and go to the section Cards & Loans. Then select your Rubyx Credit Card and you will easily find the option to pay its bill.
- If you are having your savings account in a different bank, you can pay your Rubyx Credit Card bill via NEFT by entering the card number as your account number and finding the IFSC code online.
- Paytm, PhonePe, Cred, and other wallet-based apps are also among the easiest ways to pay your credit card bills. You can find the option to make credit card bill payments easily on these apps and complete the process quickly.
- You can also pay your credit card bills by visiting your nearest ATM and finding the option of credit card bill payment from the Menu.
ICICI Rubyx Credit Card Login/Internet Banking
You can register your ICICI Rubyx Card for internet banking in a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of the ICICI Bank.
- On the home page itself, you will see an option ‘Digital Banking.’ Click on that option.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Open an account.’
- Enter your phone number, card number, and other required details.
- Proceed further and complete the verification process.
- Your account credentials will be sent to you on your registered mobile number.
How To Block ICICI Rubyx Credit Card?
Due to any reason, if you want to get your credit card blocked instantly, you can do this online as follows:
- You can block your credit card by logging in to your internet banking account. What you need to do is simply go to the section Manage Your Card and find an option to get your card blocked.
- You can also do the same by logging in to the ICICI Bank’s iMobile app. You will find an option to block your card under the ‘Services’ section.
- Contacting your credit card customer care is another easy and quick way to get your ICICI Rubyx Credit Card blocked. If you feel that you have lost your card or someone is using it without your information, just call customer care and ask them to block your card at the earliest.
There are situations when you need to get connected to customer care while using a credit card. You can find a lot on options to connect to the ICICI Bank credit card customer care on their official website, but the following are a few important contact details that you should note down if you are using an ICICI Bank credit card:
- To contact customer care via phone, you can dial the number 1860 120 7777 any day between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- If you want to write a mail regarding any doubts or queries related to your ICICI Bank Credit Card, you can write and send a mail to [email protected]
Cards Similar To ICICI Rubyx Credit Card
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Reward Rate||Main Benefits|
|ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card||Rs. 3,000 (for the first year)Rs. 2,000 (second year onwards)||
4 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on international purchases
2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on domestic purchases.
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every year.
25% discount on movies on BookMyShow & Inox.
Up to 15,000 REward Points every year under the card’s milestone benefits.
|HDFC Regalia Credit Card||Rs. 2,500||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150||
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every year.
Up to 15,000 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Complimentary dine-out passport membership.
|SBI Prime Credit Card||Rs. 2,999||
2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
5x Reward Points on dining, movies, groceries, and departmental stores.
Complimentary Club Vistara and Trident Privilege memberships.
Gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 8,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
|IDFC First Select Credit Card||Nil||
3 Reward Points on every offline spend of Rs. 100.
2x Reward Points on online spends.
Complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movie tickets.
Low forex markup fee
Is This the Right Card For You?
Before applying for any credit card, you must do thorough research on its features as well as on your requirements. Analyze and note down all your spending habits and then look for the benefits that you want to get from a credit card. The Rubyx Credit Card would be a great choice for you if you spend very often on international purchases, you love to go to movies, or you love traveling within your country. But, if you are someone who looks for complimentary international lounge access with a credit card, you might need to look for another similar credit card that can provide you with the same. The ICICI Rubyx Card may be the best choice for some individuals and not for others. It totally depends on their requirements and spending behavior. So, make sure to choose the card wisely instead of applying blindly and randomly for any credit card.
Along with being the first dual platinum credit card of India, the ICICI Bank Rubyx Card can be considered an ideal card that provides its customers with exclusive Reward offers & all the other benefits that one might be looking for. It provides you complimentary railway and airport lounge access so it doesn’t matter whether you are traveling through a train or on a flight; you are going to have a luxurious experience in both cases. Moreover, the Reward Points you earn can be redeemed against cash or against gifts. So, you can use them wherever you want. The exclusive Insurance & concierge benefits can also not be ignored. With all these exciting benefits, the ICICI Bank Rubyx Card becomes a great choice for everyone looking for an affordable credit card with great advantages.
You get a total of 4 railway lounge access every quarter (2 through the Mastercard variant & 2 through the American Express variant).
The renewal fee of the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is Rs. 2000 + GST.
Yes, the ICICI Bank Rubyx Card provides a welcome benefit of travel & shopping vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 and you get it within 30 days after payment of the joining fee.
The interest rate on the ICICI Rubyx Visa Credit Card is 3.40% per month.
Yes, this card provides an air accident cover worth Rs. 1 Crore.
No, the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is not free. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 and an annual fee of Rs. 2,000 plus applicable taxes.
The Reward Points you earn using this credit card can be redeemed against the card’s statement balance or gifts at a rate of 1 Point = Re. 0.25. The redemption can be done by contacting customer care.
The interest rate on the ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is 3.40% per month (40.8% annualized).