IDFC FIRST Bank forayed into the credit card business in January this year with the launch of a line-up of four credit cards – FIRST Millennia, FIRST Classic, FIRST Select, and FIRST Wealth credit cards. The IDFC FIRST Wealth credit card is the top-end offering by the bank. Despite its premium features, like the other three cards in the line-up, the Wealth credit card also comes with a zero annual membership fee. The card also has a low-interest rate (0.75% – 2.99%) and a very low foreign currency markup fee of just 1.5% of the transacted amount.
As it is a premium card, you also get benefits like complimentary rounds of golf, complimentary domestic and international lounge visits, and multiple insurance covers including an air accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore. Not only this, but you can also avail of up to 2 complimentary movie tickets every month and make your movie experiences even more rewarding with this card. Read on to know more about the IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card.
IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- Lifetime free credit card.
- Gift voucher worth Rs. 500 and a 5% cashback on the first EMI transaction performed within 90 days of card setup.
- 6x Reward Points on all online spends.
- 3x Reward Points on all offline spends (for spends up to Rs. 20,000).
- 10x Reward Points on incremental spends of Rs. 20,000.
- 10x Reward Points on all transactions on your birthday.
- Low interest rate (0.75% – 2.99%) and low foreign currency markup (1.5%).
- 4 complimentary airport lounge access and spa visits every quarter.
- Up to 2 complimentary rounds of golf every month.
- 4 complimentary railway lounge visits every calendar quarter.
- Air accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore and personal accident cover worth Rs. 10 lakh.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
Gift Vouchers worth Rs. 500 and a 5% cashback on the first EMI transaction performed within 90 days of card set-up.
Movie & Dining
Rs. 500 off on the second movie ticket onwards on Paytm mobile app (max two free tickets can be availed in a month), up to 20% discount on over 1,500 restaurants.
3 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent offline, 6 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent online, 10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on spends above Rs. 20,000.
Reward Points redeemable on Poshvine redemption portal for shopping vouchers from many popular brands including at a rate of 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
You get complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access and spa visits every year.
Complimentary golf rounds each month for every Rs. 20,000 spent in the previous month (max 2 golf rounds in a month).
Domestic Lounge Access
Up to 4 complimentary domestic lounge visits per quarter.
International Lounge Access
Up to 4 complimentary international lounge visits per quarter.
Travel-related insurance benefits including air accident insurance worth Rs. 1 crore, personal accident insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakh, lost card liability cover worth Rs. 50,000
Zero Liability Protection
Bank not liable for any unauthorized transaction prior to the time of reporting the loss of card. However, you do get a lost card liability cover worth Rs. 50,000.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
1.5% + GST
0.75% to 2.99% per month depending upon the credit history of the card member.
Fuel surcharge waived at all fuel stations across India (max waived amount capped at Rs. 400/month).
Cash Advance Charge
Rs. 250 per transaction
Add-on Card Fee
IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card Features and Benefits
- You get welcome gift vouchers worth Rs. 500 on achieving a spend of Rs. 15,000 within 90 days of card setup.
- You get a 5% cashback on the first EMI transaction made within 90 days of card set-up.
Movie and Dining:
- Buy 1 Get 1 free offer on movie tickets on the Paytm app with up to 2 complimentary tickets every month capped at Rs. 500 each.
- Up to 20% discount on dining bills at restaurants.
- 4 complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access (combined) per quarter under the Dreamfolks lounge program.
- 4 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter.
- A comprehensive travel insurance cover of USD 1,200 (details later)
- Complimentary spa visits every quarter.
- You get a complimentary golf round for every Rs. 20,000 spent in the previous month.
- You can enjoy up to 2 complimentary golf rounds in a month.
- Travel-related insurance benefits as under-
|Air accident||Rs. 1 crore|
|Loss of check-in baggage||USD 500|
|Delay of check-in baggage||USD 100|
|Loss of passport or other documents||USD 300|
|Flight Delay||USD 300|
- You also get a personal accident cover worth Rs. 10 lakh.
- You also get a lost card liability cover worth Rs. 50,000.
IDFC Wealth Credit Card Rewards Points
- You get 3x Reward Points on all offline spends (up to Rs. 20,000).
- You get 6x Reward Points on all online spends (up to Rs. 20,000).
- 10x Reward Points all incremental spends of Rs. 20,000.
- 10x Reward Points on all spends on your birthday.
- Reward Points earning and 10x threshold calculation does not include fuel, insurance, EMI transactions, & cash withdrawals.
- The reward points you earn with this card never expire.
Note: 1x Reward Point = 1 Reward Points per Rs. 100.
- Reward Points redeemable on the Poshvine reward portal for shopping vouchers from popular e-commerce websites including Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
How to Apply for IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card
You can apply for the IDFC FIRST Wealth credit card online on their official website. All you have to do is select the Wealth card from the list of cards from their website and proceed with your application. You will need identity proof, address proof (like Aadhar card, Voter card, driving license, etc), and proof of income like salary slips of an audited ITR acknowledgment.
In case you need any assistance or to report the loss of card, you may dial IDFC FIRST Credit Card‘s customer care number- 1860 500 1111. It is a dedicated number for IDFC First’s credit card customers and is functional 24×7.
A lifetime free membership, a very competitive interest rate, and a low foreign currency mark-up fee make this card one of the extremely attractive options available in the premium category. The bank hasn’t compromised with the benefits that this card comes bundled with either. From complimentary airport lounge access to complimentary rounds of golf, you get all the benefits that one expects from a premium credit card. You also get a decent reward rate, although, the monetary value of the Reward Points is less (Rs. 0.25/point) when compared with other premium credit cards in the market. But the benefits certainly overweigh this shortcoming. If you’re looking for a premium credit card, this one by IDFC FIRST is certainly worth your consideration. Do let us know your opinion of this card in the comments. And what do you think of this strategy of IDFC FIRST bank to offer lifetime free membership for all its credit cards?
The annual membership fee for this credit card is zero. It is free for lifetime.
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
You can redeem the reward points on the Poshvine reward portal for shopping vouchers from popular e-commerce websites including Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc.
The Reward Points never expire.
Bank shall not be liable for any fraudulent transaction made using the card prior to the time of reporting the loss of card. However, you do get an insurance cover worth Rs. 50,000 against the loss of card.