The IRCTC SBI Card Premier is a co-branded credit card issued by the SBI Card in partnership with irctc.co.in. The card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 1,499 and you get a welcome bonus of 1,500 Reward Points. You can earn up to 3 Reward Points every time you spend Rs. 125. This card also provides you with exclusive travel benefits that include complimentary railway lounge access every year, exciting benefits at over 900 hotels worldwide, saving on railway/flight ticket bookings on irctc.co.in, and many more.
Along with all these exciting offers, you can earn up to 5,000 Reward Points every year on achieving the milestone spend. You can make your credit card lifetime free by getting your renewal fee waived off every year on a minimum spend of Rs. 2 lakhs in an anniversary year. There are many more benefits of the IRCTC SBI Card Premier that let you save more & more. To know all of its advantages, refer to the detailed information given below:
IRCTC SBI Card Premier
Best Suited For
Rs. 1,499 + applicable taxes
Reward Points |
- Up to 3 RP for every Rs. 125 spent.
- Earn 1 Reward Point per 125 spent on other non-fuel retail purchases
- Get a welcome bonus of 1,500 Reward Points.
- Up to 5,000 bonus Reward Points on hitting the milestone spend mark.
- Complimentary access to railway lounges.
- Exclusive benefits at more than 900 hotels all over the world.
- Up to 10,000 miles every night on hotel stays.
- Spend-based renewal fee waiver.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Exclusive insurance benefits.
Rewards and Benefits
1,500 Reward Points
Movie & Dining
For every Rs. 125 spent on dining and standing instructions related to utility spends, you will get 3 Reward Points, and 1 Reward Points on every Rs. 125 you spend on other non-fuel retail purchases
1 Reward Point = Re. 1.
Complimentary access to railway lounges per year
Domestic Lounge Access
8 complimentary visits to railway lounges every year (2 each quarter) within India
International Lounge Access
You get insurance coverage against air accidents, railway accidents, and a fraud liability cover.
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability of credit cardholders for any unlawful transactions made through his/her card post reporting the loss to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 1,499 + applicable taxes
Spend based Waiver
Spend-based waiver of renewal fee on the basis of the amount spent in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all international transactions
3.5% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the cash advance or Rs. 500, the higher of the two.
Add-on Card Fee
IRCTC SBI Card Premier Rewards:
- For every Rs. 125 spent on retail transactions, you will get 1 Reward Point.
- You get 3 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 125 on dining & standing instructions utility spends.
- You don’t get any Reward Points on fuel transactions.
You get a welcome bonus of 1,500 Reward Points after successful payment of the joining fee.
- You can redeem your reward points at the SBI Rewardz website against a variety of categories available there, including shopping, gifts & vouchers, merchandise, etc.
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 1.
- You have to pay a reward redemption fee of Rs. 99 per redemption request.
- You get 2,500 bonus Reward Points on achieving total travel spends of Rs. 50,000 in the previous year.
- 5,000 bonus reward points are credited to your account if you achieve a spending of Rs. 1 Lakh in an anniversary year.
- The primary cardholder gets 8 complimentary railway lounge access every year (2 every quarter).
- Avail accommodation at more than 5,000 hotels in India across 350 different cities.
- Avail of exclusive benefits across over 900 hotels globally.
- Earn up to 10,000 miles every night on hotel stays and 25% extra miles through Kaligo.com.
- You get insurance coverage worth Rs. 50 lakhs against an air accident.
- You get insurance coverage worth Rs. 10 lakhs against a railway accident.
- You get a fraud liability cover of Rs. 1 lakh.
- You can save 1% transaction charges on railway ticket bookings on irctc.co.in.
- You can save 1.8% transaction charges on airline ticket bookings on irctc.co.in.
Joining and Renewal Fee Waiver
If the cardholder spends an amount exceeding Rs. 2 Lakhs using his credit card in the previous year, the renewal fee of Rs. 1,499 will be waived off.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- On all the fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000, the cardholders will get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1%.
- The waiver amount is subject to a maximum of Rs. 250 per month.
How To Apply?
You can apply for the IRCTC SBI Card Premier by visiting the nearest bank branch or by filling out the online application form as follows:
- Go to https://www.sbicard.com/.
- Go to the ‘Credit Cards’ option.
- Click on ‘Travel & Fuel Cards.’
- Select the ‘IRCTC SBI Card Premier.’
- Click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Fill in the required details and provide the necessary documents.
Keeping all its benefits in mind, it is clear that the IRCTC SBI Card Premier is a credit card with amazing saving opportunities. One of its greatest advantages is: the value of its 1 Reward Point is equivalent to Re.1. On issuance of the card, you pay a joining fee of Rs. 1,499 and you get 1,500 Reward Points (equal to Rs. 1,500). Hence, you are getting your joining fee back in the form of Reward Points.
Along with that, you can save up to Rs. 5,000 every year through the milestone benefits of this card. Moreover, you can save on your railway/airline ticket bookings, fuel transactions, hotel stays, and many more categories. With all such amazing benefits, you need not think twice before choosing the IRCTC SBI Card Premier. However, if you want a similar card with a lower annual fee, you can check the IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card.
For the IRCTC SBI Card Premier, 1 Reward Point is equal to Re. 1.
Yes, the IRCTC SBI Card Premier provides a welcome bonus of 1,500 Reward Points, which is equivalent to Rs. 1,500.
Yes, you get 2 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter through your IRCTC SBI Card Premier.
You get 3 Reward Points on every Rs. 125 you spend on dining or standing instructions on utility spends.
No, fuel transactions are not eligible for Reward Points on the IRCTC SBI Card Premier.