Almost all credit cards you know of earn Reward Points or cashback on most of the transactions that you make. There is usually a higher reward on certain categories of transactions depending upon the type of customers a particular card caters to travel cards offer a higher reward rate of flight/hotel bookings and dining credit cards earn accelerated reward rate on dining and online food delivery. There are certain categories of transactions on which you get a lower than usual reward rate- insurance premium payments, utility spends, etc. Then there is a third category of spends such as fuel purchases and digital wallet uploads on which most credit card do not earn any Reward Points/cashback.
However, there are a few select credit cards on which you do earn Reward Points/cashback even on mobile wallet reloads. If you are someone fond of using mobile wallets, read on to learn more about credit cards on which you can earn Reward Points/cashback even on mobile wallet reloads.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
All credit cards by Standard Chartered Bank earn Reward Points/cashback (as applicable) on all categories of spends including digital wallet reloads. The Ultimate Credit Card by Standard Chartered Bank is a premium card by the bank and comes with a membership fee of Rs. 5,000 per annum. Some of the salient features of the card are-
- 6,000 Reward Points as a welcome benefit on joining the card membership and 5,000 Reward Points every year the card membership is renewed.
- 5 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent (including spends for digital wallet reloads).
- 1 Reward Point earned on Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit is equivalent to Re. 1 (1 Reward Point = Re. 1).
- No Reward Points are earned on EMI purchases and on transactions that earn cashback (duty-free purchases).
- 5% cashback on duty-free purchases at airports.
- A lower mark-up fee of 2% on transactions made in foreign currencies.
- 1 complimentary golf game and 1 complimentary golf coaching session every month.
- 16 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per year (max 4 per quarter) and 1 complimentary international airport lounge access every year with complimentary membership of the Dreamfolks Lounge Access Program.
- Air accident cover worth Rs. 1 crore and many other travel-related insurance benefits.
See Also: Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Review
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
It is a recently launched entry-level credit card by the Standard Chartered Bank. The card comes with a nominal membership fee of just Rs. 499 (plus GST). Like all other credit cards by Standard Chartered, you do get the cashback benefit on the digital wallet reloads on SC Smart Credit Card as well. Following are some of the key features of Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card-
- 2% cashback on all online spends with the card (including digital wallet reloads).
- 1% cashback on all offline spends with the card.
- A longer interest-free period of 90 days post the card setup date.
- A lower interest rate of just 0.99% per month on EMI transactions made with the card.
HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card
The Millennia Credit Card by HDFC is one of the most popular mid-level credit cards currently available in the Indian credit card space. HDFC targets new to credit millennials with the Millennia Credit Card. The card offers a reward rate of up to 5% on partner merchants and 1% on other spends (including wallet reloads) and an annual fee of Rs. 1,000 is applicable for the card’s membership. Following are the key features of HDFC Millennia Credit Card-
- You earn cashback on all spends with the card (except fuel purchases). The cashback is credited as CashPoints which are redeemable for flight/hotel bookings, product purchase from HDFC’s catalog, partner airlines’ AirMiles or can also be adjusted against the card’s statement balance (max value of CashPoints is up to Re.1, i.e. 1 CP = Re. 1).
- You get 1,000 CashPoints as a welcome benefit on card setup (provided the joining fee of Rs. 1,000 is realized).
- 5% cashback on partner online merchants including e-commerce giants like Amazon and Flipkart.
- 1% cashback on all other spends with the card (including digital wallet reloads).
- 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every (max 2 per quarter).
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is arguably the most popular shopping credit card in the country. Amazon Prime members earn 5% cashback on purchases made at the Amazon India website/app. The high reward rate of the card on Amazon makes it one of the most attractive offerings for online shoppers. As far as online wallet cash uploads are concerned, you get a cashback of 2% on loading money to the Amazon Pay balance. Some of the key features of the ICICI Bank Amazon Pay Credit Card are-
- Cashback of 5% for Amazon Prime members and 3% for non-Prime members on all purchases made on Amazon India website/app.
- 2% cashback on purchases from over 100 Amazon partner merchants and on loading balance to Amazon Pay account, mobile/DTH recharges, bill payments, flight/movie/bus ticket bookings, etc.
- 1% cashback on all other online/offline transactions made with the card.
Also Read: Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Review
Earning Reward Points/cashback on digital wallet reloads makes these credit cards a really attractive proposition. This is because many online merchants offer discounts on making payments with a certain digital wallet. For example, you often get an additional discount or cashback on Swiggy orders if you complete the transaction using your Amazon Pay balance. Now if you had already earned some cashback on loading balance to your Amazon Pay wallet, you would have effectively earned double benefit- cashback on loading balance to your Amazon Pay wallet (if you used Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card for loading the amount) and another cashback on placing the order on Swiggy through your Amazon Pay wallet.