A cashback credit by HDFC Bank, the HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card targets the Gen-Y – the ‘90s kids or the millennials. The HDFC Millennia card is offered in three variants- Visa, MasterCard, and Diners Club variant. Being a basic credit card, this is placed at an annual fee of Rs. 1,000 (taxes extra).
Keeping its target customers in mind, HDFC Bank offers a 5% cashback on Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber and Zomato and a cashback of 1% on all other online and offline spends. The cashback is processed as CashPoints, which can be redeemed against the card’s statement balance, for flight/hotel reservations or for purchasing products from the HDFC product catalog. Also, the card offers great gift vouchers for meeting the milestone spend every quarter. It also offers dining discounts of up to 20% and a fuel surcharge waiver as well. The cardholder can also enjoy the welcome benefits as well as the renewal fee waiver offer associated with the card.
Apart from the cashback, you also get complimentary lounge visits to domestic airports in India. Keep reading our HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card review to know more about the card, its offerings, fees and charges, and other information.
HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Up to 20% discount at partner restaurants with complimentary Swiggy Dineout
5% cashback (as CashPoints) at select partner online merchants and 1% cashback (as CashPoints) on all other spends (except fuel, rental, and govt. related transactions)
Rewards processed as CashPoints, 1 CP = Re. 1 while redeeming against statement balance of credit card and 1 CP = Rs. 0.30 while redeeming against products and vouchers in the product catalogue, and against flight/hotel booking.
4 complimentary airport lounge access every year, 1 per quarter
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary visits per quarter. (8 in a year)
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability of the credit cardholder in case of fraudulent transactions after you have reported about the loss or theft of the card to the bank.
Spend Based Waiver
The renewal fee is waived off if the cardholder spends Rs. 1 Lakh or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 per redemption request (plus applicable taxes)
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 per redemption request (plus applicable taxes)
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% (plus applicable taxes)
3.6% per month (or 43.2% per annum)
1% Fuel surcharge which is waived if you spend minimum Rs 400 in single transaction. The maximum CashBack is capped at Rs. 250 per payment cycle.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 500
Add-on Card Fee
- 1,000 CashPoints as a welcome benefit on card setup (subject to realization of the joining fee).
- Gift vouchers worth Rs. 1000 on spending Rs. 1 Lakh or above in a quarter
- 5% cashback at select partner online merchants, including popular e-commerce websites like Amazon and Flipkart.
- 1% cashback on all other spends except fuel, rental, and government spends
- Up to 20% discount on partner restaurants via Swiggy Dineout
- 4 complimentary lounge visits every year at domestic airports across India.
- Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 1,00,000 in the previous year.
- Get high 5% cashback on partner merchants like Myntra, Amazon, Zomato, Swiggy, Uber, etc.
- Get access to 4 complimentary domestic airport lounges with the card
- Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 1 Lakh in the card anniversary year
- You earn a low 1% cashback on offline/online spends at non-partner merchants
- The accelerated Cashpoints are capped at 1000 per statement cycle and you can earn 1000 Cashpoints at the normal 1x rate.
- Minimum 500 Cashpoints are needed to redeem against the card statement balance
HDFC Millennia Credit Card: The Most Popular Cashback Credit Card
HDFC Millennia Credit Card is the most popular and perhaps one of the best cashback credit cards present currently in the market of credit cards in India. What makes this card so popular is not only its high reward rate (up to 5% cashback as CashPoints on shopping at popular merchants like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc.) but also the high rate of redemption of Cash Points as cashback i.e. adjustment against the statement balance of credit card- 1 CashPoint = Re. 1 on adjustment against the card’s outstanding balance.
As the card gives you a reward rate of 5% on Amazon and Flipkart, you are essentially getting the benefit of both Amazon Pay ICICI as well as Flipkart Axis Credit Card (and much more) in one card.
The recently launched HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card is also a cashback-based credit card, but the redemption rate of CashPoints on MoneyBack+ card is 1/4th that of HDFC Millennia Card (1 CP = Rs. 0.25).
Another point that makes this credit card the most popular cashback credit card is that the monthly max capping on the cashback that can be earned on HDFC Millennia card is higher than most other cashback cards- 2,000 CashPoints per month (1,000 CashPoints at accelerated rate and 1,000 CashPoints at normal rate).
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Features and Benefits
Apart from the cashback benefit, HDFC Millennia Credit Card also offers many other benefits to the cardholders. The benefits include bonus CashPoints as a welcome gift, complimentary airport lounge access, dining discounts, and many more.
In the form of welcome benefits, the cardholders will receive 1,000 bonus CashPoints on the successful realization of the joining fee.
- The cardholders will get 4 complimentary visits in a year to the domestic airport lounges with the HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
Up to 20% discount at partner restaurants with Swiggy Dineout Passport (applicable only for the first 3 months of card membership). Also, enjoy the Good Food Trail Dining program at premium restaurants across top cities, which includes:
- An assured discount of 25% at 2000+ premium restaurants.
- 1+1 buffet at 200+ restaurants.
- 1+1 food/drinks at select restaurants.
These discounts won’t be valid on occasions like New Year’s day/eve, Christmas day/eve, and Valentine’s day. Also the benefits under the Dineout membership are available for the primary cardholder only. You can avail these offers with the Dineout app, and inform the restaurant about the membership and then avail the discounts by paying the bill.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% of the fuel surcharge is waived on a minimum payment of Rs. 400 at all petrol stations across India (the waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 250 per payment cycle).
Joining and Renewal Fee Waiver
This credit card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 1,000 which is eligible for a waiver if the cardholder is able to spend an amount exceeding Rs. 1,00,000 in an anniversary year.
Interest-Free Credit Period
You can get around 50 days of interest-free credit period on the credit card from the day of purchase. This depends on when the merchants submits the charge.
Zero Liability Protection
Under this, a credit cardholder will not be liable for any fraudulent transaction that takes place through his card in case of loss or theft of card if he informs the bank about the same within 24 hours of such incident.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Reward Points/Cashback:
The cashback that you get by transacting through HDFC Millennia Credit Card is posted as CashPoints to the card account. You can redeem these CashPoints against a variety of options (details below) including cashback (adjustment against the due balance on the card). HDFC Millennia Card earns you-
- A cashback of 5% on partner online merchants- Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber and Zomato.
- A cashback of 1% on all other online and offline spends (like EMI and Wallet, Gift or Prepaid Card loads & Voucher Purchase transactions).
The CashPoints earned under the 5% and 1% categories are capped at 1,000 CashPoints per statement cycle each (max 2,000 CashPoints can be earned in a given statement cycle).
Exclusion on Rewards Points/Cashback
The following spend categories are not eligible to earn Cashpoints –
- Fuel Spends
- Rent payments and Govt Related transactions
- Cash Advance
- Payment of Outstanding Balances
- Payment of card fees and other charges
- Smart EMI / Dial an EMI transactions
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Reward Point Redemption
- As mentioned, the cashback earned on the HDFC Millennia Credit Card is credited as CashPoints to the card account at the end of the statement cycle. The CashPoints that you receive can be redeemed for a variety of options, which include cashback (i.e., adjusting them against the statement balance of the credit card), flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy, product purchases from the bank’s catalogue of products and partner airlines’ AirMiles.
|Value of CashPoints on Redemption|
|Product Catalog||Flights/Hotels on Smartbuy||Cashback||Airmiles|
|Rs. 0.30||Rs. 0.30||Re. 1||0.30 AirMiles|
- A minimum of 500 CashPoints are required for redemption against the card’s statement balance.
- CashPoints are valid only for 2 years and will expire thereafter.
- You have to pay a fee of Rs. 99 for every redemption request you make.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Fees and Charges
- Annual Fee: HDFC Millennia Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 1,000. The annual fee is eligible for waiver on spending a minimum of Rs. 1 lac in the preceding year.
- Interest Rate: You have to pay an interest rate of 3.6% per month (or 42.3% p.a.) which is applicable to the amount due on the card’s statement if you are unable to clear all your dues by the payment due date.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: The cardholders will have to pay forex fee of 3.5% on the transacted amount. This fee is to be paid on all international transactions done using this credit card.
- Cash Withdrawal Fee: 2.5% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 500, whichever is higher, has to be paid as cash advance fee on all cash withdrawals made using this card.
- Late Payment Fee: If you are unable to clear all your dues by the payment due date, apart from the interest rate, a late payment fee shall also be applicable as per the following slab-
|Statement Balance||Late Payment Fee|
|Less than Rs. 100||Nil|
|Rs. 100 – Rs. 500||Rs. 100|
|Rs. 501 – Rs. 5,000||Rs. 500|
|Rs. 5,001 – Rs. 10,000||Rs. 600|
|Rs. 10,001 – Rs. 25,000||Rs. 800|
|Rs. 25,001 – Rs. 50,000||Rs. 1,100|
|More than Rs. 50,000||Rs. 1,300|
Pros of HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- You get a really high cashback of 5% at partner merchants including big names like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Zomato, Uber and a few other popular brands.
- With this entry-level credit card, you can enjoy 4 free domestic airport lounge access in India, in addition to cashback benefits.
Cons of HDFC Millennia Credit Card
- The cashback earned on all other online/offline spends with the card- spends at non-partner merchants- is just 1%.
- A max capping of 1,000 CashPoints per statement cycle is applicable on CashPoints earned at the 5X accelerated rate, while you can earn another 1,000 CashPoints on the card at the normal 1X rate in a given statement cycle. A total of a maximum of 2,000 CashPoints can be earned in a statement cycle, which is equivalent to a cashback of Rs. 2,000.
Who Should Sign Up for HDFC Millennia Card?
As the name suggests, The HDFC Millennia card should be the card of choice for young professionals who plan to begin their credit journey and build a strong credit profile.
HDFC Bank, keeping its target customers in mind, offers extra benefits on shopping from partner websites, including Amazon and Flipkart. Whether you are a travel enthusiast, a movie buff, a foodie or a shopaholic, this card has something for you. Unlock your savings journey with the HDFC Millennia Card.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Millennia Credit Card
The following table illustrates the income-based and age-based eligibility criteria for HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card-
|Criteria||Salaried Employees||Self-Employed Individuals|
|Income||Minimum Rs. 35,000 per month||Minimum Rs. 6,00,000 per annum (as per ITR)|
How to Apply for HDFC Millennia Credit Card
Follow these simple steps to apply for HDFC Millenia Credit Card-
- Click on the Apply Now button on the top of this page
- Click/tap on the “Sign Up” button under the Millennia Credit Card.
- You will be redirected to HDFC’s credit card application page where you will need to fill up a form so that your application may be submitted.
Compare HDFC Millennia Credit Card With Other Popular Cards
The Following table is the comparison of the HDFC Bank’s Millennia credit card with the similar credit cards.
|HDFC Millennia Credit Card||IDFC Millennia Credit Card||SBI SimplyCLIK Credit Card||Axis Bank Ace Credit Card|
|Reward Structure||Cashback (earned as CashPoints, redeemable for cashback – 1 CP = Re. 1)||Reward Points||Reward Points||Cashback|
|Reward Rate at partner merchant(s) (Amazon/Flipkart, etc.)||5% cashback (earned as CashPoints) at partner merchants including Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber and Zomato.
1% cashback on all other online/offline spends.
1CP = Re. 1 as cashback, reward rate of 5% at partner merchants and reward rate of 1% at partner meerchants
|3 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent offline, 6 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent online, 10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on spends above Rs. 20,000.
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25, reward rate of 0.75% on offline spneds, reward rate of 1.25% on online purchases, reward rate of 2.5% on all spends above Rs. 20,000
|10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent at partner merchants including Amazon, Cleartrip, BookMyShow, Dineout, Lenskart, Apollo24x7 and Netmeds.
5 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on all other online spends.
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25, reward rate of 2.5% at partner merchants and 1.5% on all other online spends
|5% cashback on utility bill payments and mobile and DTH recharges.
4% cashback on Zomato, Swiggy and Ola.
2% cashback on all other spends with the card.
No cashback on fuel spends, purchases converted to EMI, wallet reloads, purchase of gold items, cash advances, payment of the card’s outstanding balances, and payment of card fees and other card charges.
|Reward Points/Cashback Maxcap||Max 1,000 CashPoints per month at 5X rate and 1,000 CashPoints per month at the regular 1X rate- total 2,000 Reward Points in a given statement cycle||No max cap applicable||Max 10,000 Reward Points can be earned in a month at accelerated (5X or 10X) rate||No max cap applicable|
|Additional Benefits||8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year.
20% discount on dining at partner restaurants.
|4 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter. 25% discount on movie tickets (up to 25%)
Up to 20% discount at over 1,500 restaurants across the country
Lower interest rate (0.75% to 3% per month)
|N/A||4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access.
20% discount at partner restaurant with Axis Bank’s Dining Delights program.
|Annual Fee||Rs. 1,000 per annum, waived off on a minimum annual expenditure of Rs. 1 lac||Nil||Rs. 499 per annum, waived off on a minimum annual expenditure of Rs. 1 lac||Rs. 499 per annum, waived off on an annual expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 2 lacs.|
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Review
HDFC Bank’s Millennia credit card, one can say, is the ideal card for someone who has just started working and loves to shop online. Not only that it gives you 5% CashBack on India’s most popular online shopping websites, Amazon and Flipkart. On non-partner brands, you get 1% cashback on offline and online spends. It is also one of the cards to vouch for building a solid credit profile. Like any other credit card, this card also requires you to maintain financial punctuality, otherwise, a debt trap at an early age can be really troublesome.
Before you make your mind, however, it is worth checking Citibank’s Cashback credit card. It also offers pretty good Reward Points benefits. You may also have a look at the recently launched HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card. This was our review of the HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card. Do share your reviews on this card with us in the comment section below!
Although HDFC Millennia Card is not lifetime free (an annual fee of Rs. 1,000 is applicable), you can make the card lifetime free by activating SmartPay or One Assist or General Insurance or Balance Transfer on your card.
The CashPoints earned on HDFC Millennia Credit Card can be redeemed for cashback (adjustment against the card’s statement balance), purchasing products from the HDFC product catalog or for flight/hotel booking.
Your credit limit is decided based on your income and a number of other factors including your credit score.
Yes, you can withdraw cash from ATM with HDFC Millennia Credit Card. You will be charged a cash withdrawal fee of 2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500.
The cardholders will get 4 complimentary visits in a year to the domestic lounges, subject to a maximum of 1 visit per quarter.
You can place a call on HDFC’s 24×7 toll-free helpline number 1800 266 4332, or you can also dial 1800 258 3838 on all days from 8 AM to 8 PM. Alternatively, you can also send an email at [email protected] mentioning your query/complaint.
If you ever lose your HDFC Millennia Credit Card or if it is stolen, you should report the loss to the bank as soon as possible by calling on their helpline number 1800 266 4332.