Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is a co-branded shopping credit card recently launched by the ICICI Bank in partnership with Amazon India on the Visa payment platform. Just after its launch, it became one of the favorite credit cards for online shoppers in the country. Initially, it was an invite-only offering, but now it is open to all. What makes this Credit Card so popular is that the Amazon ICICI Credit Card rewards you with cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balance that reflects in your Amazon Pay balance.
This credit card is even more rewarding for Amazon Prime members, as you can get as much as 5% cash back on purchases on Amazon, which, as you are probably aware, is the largest e-commerce website with over 16 crore products. Apart from Amazon Pay cashback, this card also offers several other benefits like a 15% discount on dining bills at all restaurants participating in ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats program and a fuel surcharge waiver at all the petrol stations across India. Read on to know more about this exclusive co-branded online-shopping credit card by ICICI Bank and Amazon.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
- Amazon Prime users get 5% cashback on all purchases made on Amazon (with a few exceptions).
- Non-Prime users get 3% cashback on Amazon, instead of 5%.
- Additional cashback on Amazon is applicable only for purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in).
- 2% cashback at over 100 partner merchants with Login with Amazon payment option.
- 1% cashback on all other retail transactions, except fuel purchases.
- 1% surcharge waived off on fuel purchases.
- Reward Points transferred as cashback to Amazon Pay balance.
- No expiry date of Reward Points earned on the card transferred as Amazon Pay balance.
- No minimum amount is required for reward redemption (i.e. for transfer of Points to Amazon Pay wallet as Amazon Pay balance).
- Dining benefit as part of the bank’s Culinary Treats program.
- 5% cashback (up to Rs. 150) on the first fuel purchase (of minimum Rs. 2,000) of the month.
Rewards and Benefits
Welcome bonus of Amazon Pay Balance (Rs. 300 to Rs. 600)
Movie & Dining
A minimum of 15% discount on dining bills at restaurants participating in the Culinary Treats program
5% cashback on Amazon purchases for Prime members and 3% cashback for Non-Prime members, 2% cashback on partner brands & 1% cashback on all other payments except fuel purchases
Reward Points earned transferred to Amazon Pay balance at the end of the payment cycle. 1 Reward Point = Re. 1
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholders won’t be liable for any unauthorized transaction made with the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.5% – 3.8% per month or 42% – 45.6% per annum (variable, based on the customer’s financial behavior)
1% fuel surcharge is waived at all petrol stations across India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum fees of Rs. 300.
Add-on Card Fee
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card – Key Highlights
|Best Suited For||Shopping and Cashback|
|Benefits||Up to 5% cashback for Prime members & up to 3% cashback for others|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum age – 21 yearsMinimum income – Rs. 25,000 per month|
ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card Features and Benefits
As mentioned earlier, Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is an entry-level co-branded shopping credit card tailored especially for the needs of online shoppers who love shopping from Amazon. Although being an Amazon co-branded credit card, the card does offer a high reward rate on shopping at Amazon, since it is a very basic credit card, you do not get many additional benefits with this credit card. Keep reading this Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card review for further information:
You get a welcome benefit of Rs. 1,500 as Amazon Pay balance on joining the card membership (the welcome benefit keeps changing).
This card saves you a minimum of 15% on bill payments at all the member restaurants as a part of ICICI bank’s Culinary Treats program.
As a limited period offer, currently, the bank is also offering a complimentary 3-month Eazydiner Prime membership on spending a minimum of Rs. 25,000 with the ICICI Amazon Credit Card (more details here).
Fuel Surcharge Waiver and Cashback
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India (provided that the transaction size does not exceed Rs. 4,000).
- 5% cashback on the first fuel transaction of the month. A minimum purchase of Rs. 2,000 is required to avail of the offer and the maximum cashback is capped at Rs. 150 in a month.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Rewards / Cashback
The ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card, without a doubt, is the best-suited and a must-have card for shopaholic Amazon enthusiasts, especially if you are a Prime member. Well, if you love Amazon, it goes without saying, that you certainly do have a Prime membership! Anyway, the benefits of this card taste sweeter to Amazon Prime members.
- Prime members get 5% cashback on all purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in), with a few exceptions.
- Non-Prime users will get 3% cashback on Amazon instead of 5% with the same exceptions as applicable for Prime users.
- It should be noted that this 5% or 3% cashback on Amazon is applicable only on purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in). For purchases from any other Amazon country-specific domain (including amazon.com), the cashback applicable would be 1%, the same as for āny other online transactions.
- Payments made for books (including physical books, Kindle e-books and Audible audiobooks), bill payments, mobile/DTH recharges, air ticket bookings, movie or bus tickets, and loading balance to Amazon Pay Wallet earn you a cashback of 2%.
- You also get 2% cashback on purchases made from over 100 partner merchants with log in with the Amazon payment option. You will get 2% cashback only if you use the Login with Amazon option at the partner merchant’s website, otherwise, the regular cashback of 1% shall be applicable.
- Amazon partner merchants with Login with Amazon option include brands like Swiggy, Yatra, Cafe Coffee Day, Red Bus, etc.
- 1% cashback is applicable on all other transactions made with the card- both online and offline, except payments made at fuel stations.
Reward Points/Cashback Redemption
- The Reward Points earned on Amazon Pay Bank ICICI Credit Card are automatically added to your Amazon Pay balance of the Amazon account linked with the card at the end of each billing cycle.
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 1 (for expenditure on Amazon and all merchants’ Amazon Pay wallet as a payment method).
- Amazon Pay balance can be used for purchases on Amazon or at any of the partner merchants accepting Amazon Pay as a payment method.
Amazon ICICI Credit Card Offers
Other than exclusive offers and deals on Amazon, the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Cardholders can avail of various short-term offers across different premium brands, such as Flipkart, Sony, Samsung, and many more. Some of the most exciting offers are mentioned in the table below:
|Vivo||Get up to Rs. 5,000 cashback on Vivo Phones||Valid till 30th September 2022|
|Whirlpool||15% cashback up to Rs. 7,500 on Whirpool products||30th September 2022|
|Sony||10% cashback up to Rs. 20,000 on Sony Products||30th September 2022|
|Flipkart||10% discount on Flipkart Groceries||3rd September 2022|
|Samsung||Up to 22.5% cashback on Samsung products||30th September 2022|
ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card Fees and Charges
- Annual Fee: Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is a lifetime free credit card, i.e. no annual/monthly membership fee is applicable.
- Interest Rate: The interest rate applicable on this card is 3.5% to 3.8% per month (or 42% to 45.6% annually).
- Cash Advance Charge: You are charged a cash advance fee of 2.5% of the transaction amount (or a minimum of Rs. 500) on cash withdrawal from ATMs using this card.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: A forex mark-up fee of 3.5% of the total transacted amount is applicable on foreign currency transactions made with ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card.
- Card Replacement Fee: The card replacement fee charged by ICICI Bank is Rs. 100 for issuing a new credit card in lieu of a lost/misplaced credit card.
Eligibility Criteria for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
Initially, Amazon ICICI Credit Card was an invite-only offering; only eligible Amazon users received an invitation for the card and could proceed with the application process. Now that the card is open to all applicants, you must satisfy the following income-based eligibility criteria before your application for Amazon Pay Credit Card can be processed-
|For ICICI Bank customers||Minimum monthly income of Rs. 25,000|
|For other applicants||Minimum monthly income of Rs. 35,000|
You will need to submit identity proof, address proof and proof of income for your application for Amazon ICICI Credit Card to be processed. The following documents are accepted as identity/address/income proof-
|Document Type||Accepted Documents|
|Identity Proof||Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving Liscence, etc.|
|Address Proof||Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Electricity/Telephone Bill, Passport, Driving License, etc.|
|Proof of Income||Salary slip, ITR acknowledgment|
How to Apply for Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Initially, the Amazon Pay card was an invite-only offering, but now it is open to all. You can apply for this Card either on Amazon or on ICICI bank’s official website. The application is processed once the KYC verification is completed. There are two ways to complete the KYC verification for this card-
- Video Mode: You need to provide your PAN card and Aadhar card details, after which an ICICI bank official will get in touch with you for a video-based verification. You need to answer a few simple questions and show the original copy of your PAN card to the bank official.
- Offline Mode: After you apply for the credit card and choose the offline mode for KYC verification, a bank official will visit you at your address and verify your documents.
How to Check ICICI Amazon Credit Card Application Status?
If you have already applied for this credit card and you want to check your application status, you need to log in to your Amazon account and visit the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card application page and click/tap on “Check Application Status“.
Activation and PIN Generation
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is by default activated for domestic transactions. International and contactless transactions are disabled by default as per RBI directions. You can enable your card for international or contactless transactions through ICICI internet banking or via iMobile app.
The PIN for your Amazon Credit Card is automatically sent to your registered mobile number upon issuance of your card. You can also manually generate your card’s PIN by dialing the bank’s customer care IVR number 1800 102 0123 or through the iMobile app or ICICI internet banking.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Login / Internet Banking
If are an existing ICICI bank customer, your new Amazon Pay Credit Card will automatically be added to your current internet banking account, however, if you have a standalone Credit Card, you need to register the same on the ICICI website to activate the internet banking facility for the card.
To activate internet banking for your ICICI Amazon Credit Card, visit the official ICICI internet banking portal and click on “Get User ID” and select the “Credit Card” option on the screen that opens. Fill up all the requested details in the designated fields and complete the registration process. Alternatively, you can also activate your credit card for internet banking via the iMobile Pay app.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Customer Care Number & E-mail ID
ICICI bank offers 24×7 customer care support to its Amazon Pay credit card customers over phone calls as well as via email. You can contact ICICI’s call center at their 24×7 helpline number 18601207777 or shoot them an email at [email protected] to report the loss of your credit card or for any other issue related to the card. In case the issue is still unresolved, you may get in touch with their higher-ups at [email protected].
Advantages of ICICI Amazon Pay Card
- Lifetime Free Credit Card: It is a great lifetime free credit card- no monthly/annual membership fee applies.
- High Reward Rate on Amazon: The card offers a high reward rate of 5% on purchases made on Amazon India website/app.
- Reward Points as Amazon Pay Balance: The Reward Points earned on this card are automatically transferred as Amazon Pay balance to the Amazon account linked with the card at the end of each payment cycle.
- Unlimited Amazon Pay Cashback: There is no max capping on the AmazonPay balance that can be earned as cashback on your card.
Drawbacks of Amazon Pay ICICI Card
- The ICICI Amazon Credit Card offers a high reward rate of 5% on Amazon to Amazon Prime members, however, the reward rate on Amazon for non-Prime members is just 3%.
- The reward rate on other non-partner spends is very less- just 1% of the purchase amount.
- This Credit Card does not offer any travel benefits like complimentary lounge access at airports or railway stations.
Credit Cards Similar to Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Amazon Credit Card, as you now know, offers a high reward rate of 5% on spends on Amazon, however, the reward rate on other shopping websites or on offline purchases is very less- just 1%. Other card issuers including SBI Card, HDFC and Axis Bank also offer credit cards such as SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card, HDFC Millennia Credit Card, Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card that offer accelerated reward rates on spends on Amazon (or Flipkart in case of Axis Bank). These cards offer close competition to the Amazon ICICI Credit Card if you are looking for a credit card specifically for online shopping. The following table gives a comparison of the ICICI Bank Amazon Credit Card with its competitors-
|Amazon ICICI Credit Card||SBI SimplyCLIK Credit Card||HDFC Millennia Credit Card||Flipkart Axis Bank Credit card|
|Reward Structure||Cashback as Amazon Pay balance||Reward Points||Cashback (earned as CashPoints, redeemable for cashback – 1 CP = Re. 1)||Cashback (directly adjusted against the card’s statement balance)|
|Reward Rate at partner merchant(s) (Amazon/Flipkart, etc.)||
5% cashback on Amazon India for Amazon Prime members and 3% cashback on Amazon India for non-prime members.
2% cashback on flight/bus bookings via Amazon and at Amazon partner merchants with Login and Pay with Amazon option.
10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent at partner merchants including Amazon, Cleartrip, BookMyShow, Dineout, Lenskart, Apollo24x7 and Netmeds.
1 RP = Rs. 0.25, reward rate = 2.5%
5% cashback (earned as CashPoints) at partner merchants including Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber and Zomato
1CP = Re. 1 as cashback
5% cashback on Flipkart and Myntra.
4% cashback on Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit.
|Reward Rate on normal spends||1% cashback on all other online/offline spends.||
5 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on all other online spends. Reward rate = 1.25%
1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 on all offline spends. Reward rate = 0.25%
|1% cashback on all other online/offline spends.||1.5% cashback on other online/offline spends.|
|Reward Points/Cashback Maxcap||No max capping applicable||Max 10,000 Reward Points can be earned in a month at an accelerated (5X or 10X) rate||Max 1,000 CashPoints per month at 5X rate and 1,000 CashPoints per month at the regular 1X rate.||No max capping applicable|
8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year.
20% discount on dining at partner restaurants.
4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year.
20% discount at partner restaurants.
|Annual Fee||Nil||Rs. 499 per annum, waived off on a minimum annual expenditure of Rs. 1 lac||Rs. 1,000 per annum, waived off on a minimum annual expenditure of Rs. 1 lac||Nil|
There would probably be not a better credit card option for those who love to shop online, particularly on Amazon, and have a Prime membership, as it earns you up to 5% cashback on all the purchases from Amazon India. Being a lifetime free credit card with so many exclusive privileges, it can be considered one of the best credit cards in India. Another aspect that makes this credit card so special and lucrative is that the reward points are transferred as cashback to your Amazon Pay balance and have unlimited validity.
However, if you are a frequent flyer, this card might not fit your needs as it doesn’t offer any travel benefits like air miles or lounge access at domestic or international airports. This was the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card review from us. Please do let us know if you have any queries regarding this card in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts and opinion on the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card.
The maximum reward rate offered by the Amazon ICICI Credit Card is 5%, which is the cashback that you earn on your spends on Amazon if you are a prime member. The non-prime members can get a maximum cashback of 2%.
You will need an identity proof (like Aadhar card/Voter card/driving license), PAN card and a proof of income (latest salary slip and last three month’s bank statement for salaried employees and latest audited ITR acknowledgment for self-employed individuals).
For any queries/complaints related to your ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card, you can call on 1800 1020 1239.
The ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card is lifetime free, i.e, you don’t need to pay an annual fee for this card.
No, as it is an unsecured credit card, before approving your application, the bank would check your CIBIL score and credit history to determine your eligibility for the card.
The credit limit on Amazon ICICI Credit Card, just as any other credit card is different for different customers depending upon their income and credit score. Usually, the credit limit of this Credit Card is 2 to 3 times the monthly income of the cardholder.
To get the credit limit on your Amazon Pay Credit Card increased, you need to contact ICICI Bank support and ask for a higher credit limit. Sometimes, your card is automatically pre-approved for a higher limit. If that is the case, you would be able to opt for a higher credit limit yourself through ICICI internet banking or the iMobile Pay app.
There are multiple ways to pay your Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card bill-
- through the iMobile Pay app.
- through ICICI internet banking.
- via third-party apps like CRED, Paytm, etc.
- by submitting a cheque at your nearest ICICI Bank branch.
You don’t need to pay any annual charges for the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card as it is a zero annual fee credit card.
If you are not able to pay your Amazon ICICI Credit Card bill by the payment due date, a late payment fee will be levied by the bank (plus you’ll also have to pay the interest) depending upon the total amount due.
|Total Amount Due||Late Payment Charges|
|Less than Rs 100||Zero|
|Rs. 100 – Rs. 500||Rs. 100|
|Rs. 501 – Rs. 10,000||Rs. 500|
|More than Rs 10,000||Rs. 750|
Yes, you can use your Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card anywhere for any type of transaction.