Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is a co-branded shopping credit card recently launched by ICICI Bank in partnership with Amazon India on the Visa payment platform. Just after its launch, it became one of the country’s favorite credit cards for online shoppers. Currently, it is considered one of the best credit cards out there for shopping in India, especially for Amazon shoppers and its Prime members. What makes the Amazon ICICI Credit Card popular is that it rewards you with cashback in the form of an Amazon Pay balance.
This credit card is even more rewarding for Amazon Prime members, as you can get as much as 5% cash back on purchases on Amazon, which, as you are probably aware, is the largest e-commerce website with nearly 17 crore products. Apart from Amazon Pay cashback, this card also offers several other benefits, like a 15% discount on dining bills at all restaurants participating in ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats program.
Want to learn about this credit card? Check out Card Insider’s review of the exclusive and highly beneficial Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
A minimum of 15% discount on dining bills at restaurants participating in the Culinary Treats program
5% cashback on Amazon purchases for Prime members and 3% cashback for Non-Prime members, 2% cashback on partner brands & 1% cashback on all other payments except fuel purchases
Reward Points earned transferred to Amazon Pay balance at the end of the payment cycle. 1 Reward Point = Re. 1
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholders won't be liable for any unauthorized transaction made with the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.5% – 3.8% per month or 42% – 45.6% per annum
1% fuel surcharge is waived at all petrol stations across India.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum fees of Rs. 300.
Add-on Card Fee
- Amazon Prime users get 5% cashback on all purchases made on Amazon.
- Non-Prime users get 3% cashback on Amazon.
- Additional cashback on Amazon is applicable only for purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in).
- 2% cashback at over 100 partner merchants using this card on Amazon Pay.
- 1% cashback on other retail transactions.
- Reward Points are transferred as cashback to the Amazon Pay balance.
- No expiry date of Reward Points earned on the card transferred as Amazon Pay balance.
- This card is most useful to Amazon loyalist who fulfil their online shopping via Amazon.
- Enjoy 15% off at over 2,500 restaurants in India with the Culinary Treats Program of ICICI Bank.
- There is no max capping on the Amazon Pay balance that can be earned as cashback on your card.
- This card is mainly for shopping with Amazon it does not provide other benefits like lounge access or entertainment benefits.
- If you shop on platforms other than Amazon then this card would not be most useful for you. If you prefer Flipkart over Amazon then check out the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card.
- The ICICI Amazon Credit Card offers a high reward rate of 5% on Amazon to Prime members, however, the reward rate on Amazon for non-Prime members is just 3%.
ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card Features and Benefits
As mentioned earlier, Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is an entry-level co-branded shopping credit card tailored especially for the needs of online shoppers who love shopping from Amazon. Being an Amazon co-branded credit card, the card does offer a high reward rate on shopping at Amazon. Since it is a very basic credit card, you do not get many additional benefits with this credit card. Keep reading this Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card review for further information:
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 100 for prepaid recharges.
- Get 100% cashback up to Rs. 200 on shopping with Amazon.
- Get 25% cashback up to Rs. 350 for postpaid recharges.
- Get 20% cashback up to Rs. 250 for electricity bill payments.
- Get 25% cashback up to Rs. 200 for DTH recharge.
- Get 25% cashback up to Rs. 400 for broadband recharge.
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 250 for gas cylinder booking. This welcome benefit is applicable twice.
The combined value of the above-mentioned benefits is Rs. 2,000.
This card saves you a minimum of 15% on bill payments at all the member restaurants as a part of ICICI bank’s Culinary Treats program.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India (provided that the transaction size does not exceed Rs. 4,000).
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Cashback
The ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card, without a doubt, is the best-suited and must-have card for shopaholic Amazon enthusiasts, especially if you are a Prime member. Well, if you love Amazon, it goes without saying that you certainly do have a Prime membership! Anyway, the benefits of this card taste sweeter to Amazon Prime members.
- Prime members get 5% cashback on all purchases made on Amazon India, with a few exceptions.
- Flight and hotel bookings shall also get 5% off.
- Non-Prime users will get 3% cashback on Amazon instead of 5%, with the same exceptions as applicable for Prime users.
- It should be noted that this 5% or 3% cashback on Amazon is applicable only on purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in).
- You also get 2% cashback on purchases made from over 100 partner merchants using the credit card with Amazon Pay. You will get 2% cashback only if you use the Amazon Pay option at the partner merchant’s website. Otherwise, the regular cashback of 1% shall be applicable.
- 1% cashback is applicable on all other transactions made with the card- both online and offline, except payments made at fuel stations.
- On Amazon, e-books, gift cards, utility bill payments, loading Amazon Pay balance, DTH, and mobile recharge earn only 2% cashback instead of 5%.
- No reward points/cashback is earned on EMI, Amazon Business, Fuel and Gold purchases on Amazon.
Reward Points/Cashback Redemption
- The Reward Points earned on Amazon Pay Bank ICICI Credit Card are automatically added to your Amazon Pay balance of the Amazon account linked with the card at the end of each billing cycle.
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 1 (for expenditure on Amazon and all merchants’ Amazon Pay wallet as a payment method).
- Amazon Pay balance can be used for purchases on Amazon or at any of the partner merchants accepting Amazon Pay as a payment method.
ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card Fees and Charges
- Annual Fee: Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is a lifetime free credit card, i.e., no annual/monthly membership fee is applicable.
- Interest Rate: The interest rate applicable on this card is 3.5% to 3.8% per month (or 42% to 45.6% annually).
- Cash Advance Charge: You are charged a cash advance fee of 2.5% of the transaction amount (or a minimum of Rs. 500) on cash withdrawal from ATMs using this card.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: A forex mark-up fee of 3.5% of the total transacted amount is applicable on foreign currency transactions made with ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card.
Eligibility Criteria for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
Initially, the Amazon ICICI Credit Card was an invite-only offering; only eligible Amazon users received an invitation for the card and could proceed with the application process. Now that the card is open to all applicants, you must satisfy the following income-based eligibility criteria before your application for an Amazon Pay Credit Card can be processed-
|For ICICI Bank Customers
|Minimum Monthly Income of Rs. 25,000
|For Other Applicants
|Minimum Monthly Income of Rs. 35,000
How to Apply for Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Initially, the Amazon Pay card was an invite-only offering, but now it is open to all. You can apply for this card either on Amazon or ICICI bank’s official website. The application is processed once the KYC verification is completed. There are two ways to complete the KYC verification for this card-
- Video Mode: You need to provide your PAN card and Aadhar card details, after which an ICICI bank official will get in touch with you for a video-based verification. You need to answer a few simple questions and show the original copy of your PAN card to the bank official.
- Offline Mode: After you apply for the credit card and choose the offline mode for KYC verification, a bank official will visit you at your address and verify your documents.
How to Check ICICI Bank Amazon Pay Credit Card Application Status?
If you have already applied for this credit card and you want to check your application status, you need to log in to your Amazon account, visit the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card application page, and click/tap on “Check Application Status“.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Customer Care Number & E-Mail ID
ICICI bank offers 24×7 customer care support to its Amazon Pay credit card customers over phone calls as well as via email. You can contact ICICI’s call center at their 24×7 helpline number 18601207777 or shoot them an email at [email protected] to report the loss of your credit card or for any other issue related to the card. In case the issue is still unresolved, you may get in touch with their higher-ups at [email protected].
Credit Cards Similar to Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Amazon Credit Card, as you now know, offers a high reward rate of 5% on spends on Amazon; however, the reward rate on other shopping websites or on offline purchases is very low- just 1%. Other card issuers, including SBI Card, HDFC, and Axis Bank, also offer credit cards such as SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card, HDFC Millennia Credit Card, and Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, offering accelerated reward rates on spends on Amazon (or Flipkart in case of Axis Bank).
These cards offer close competition to the Amazon ICICI Credit Card if you are looking for a credit card specifically for online shopping. The following table gives a comparison of the ICICI Bank Amazon Credit Card with its competitors-
|Amazon ICICI Credit Card
|SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
|HDFC Millennia Credit Card
|Flipkart Axis Bank Credit card
|Cashback on Amazon Pay Balance
|Cashback (Earned as CashPoints (CP = Re. 1)
|Cashback (Directly Adjusted Against the Card’s Statement Balance)
|Reward Rate at partner merchant(s) (Amazon/Flipkart, etc.)
|Reward Rate on normal spends
|Reward Points/Cashback Maxcap
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Review
There is probably not a better credit card option for those who love to shop online, particularly on Amazon, and have a Prime membership, as it earns you up to 5% cashback on all purchases from Amazon India. Being a lifetime free credit card with so many exclusive privileges, it can be considered one of the best credit cards in India. Another aspect that makes this credit card so special and lucrative is that the reward points are transferred as cashback to your Amazon Pay balance and have unlimited validity.
However, if you are a frequent flyer, this card might not fit your needs as it doesn’t offer any travel benefits like air miles or lounge access at domestic or international airports. This was the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card review from us. Please do let us know if you have any queries regarding this card in the comments section below.
Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts and opinions on the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card in the comments section.
- through the iMobile Pay app.
- through ICICI internet banking.
- via third-party apps like CRED, Paytm, etc.
- by submitting a cheque at your nearest ICICI Bank branch.
|Total Amount Due
|Late Payment Charges
|Less than Rs 100
|Rs. 100 - Rs. 500
|Rs. 501 - Rs. 10,000
|More than Rs 10,000