Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card is a Visa card recently launched by the ICICI bank in partnership with Amazon India. Just after its launch, it became one of the favorite credit cards for online shoppers in the country. Initially, it was an invite-only offering, but now it’s open to all. What makes Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card so popular is, unlike other ICICI bank credit cards where the reward points are processed as PAYBACK points, the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card rewards you with Amazon Pay cashback that reflects in your Amazon Pay balance. Amazon Pay balance can be used for purchases not only on Amazon but also on 100+ partner merchants, both online and offline.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card is even more rewarding for Amazon Prime members, as you can get as much as 5% cashback on purchases on Amazon, which, as you are probably aware, is the largest e-commerce website with over 16 crore products. Apart from Amazon Pay cashback, this card also offers other benefits like a 15% discount on dining bills at all restaurants participating in ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats program and a fuel surcharge waiver at all the petrol stations across India.
The closest competitor to Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card. You may check out this post for more details on the same. It may be a good choice if you prefer Flipkart for online shopping.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
- Amazon Prime users get 5% cashback on all purchases made on Amazon (with a few exceptions).
- Non-Prime users get 3% cashback on Amazon, instead of 5%.
- Additional cashback on Amazon is applicable only for purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in).
- 2% cashback at over 100 partner merchants accepting Amazon Pay as a payment method.
- 1% cashback on all other payments, except at fuel stations.
- 1% surcharge waived on fuel purchases.
- Reward points transferred as cashback to Amazon Pay balance.
- The cashback earned is transferred as Amazon Pay balance to your Amazon Pay wallet.
- No expiry date for Amazon Pay cashback.
- No minimum amount is required for reward redemption.
- Dining benefit as part of the bank’s Culinary Treats program.
- 5% cashback (up to Rs. 150) on the first fuel purchase (of minimum Rs. 2,000) of the month.
Rewards and Benefits
Rs. 300 to Rs. 600 Amazon Pay Balance (keeps changing)
Movie & Dining
A minimum of 15% discount on dining bills at restaurants participating in the Culinary Treats program
5% cashback on Amazon India for Prime members and 3% cashback for Non-Prime members, 2% cashback on partner merchants accepting Amazon Pay, 1% cashback on all other payments except fuel purchases
Reward points are transferred as Amazon Pay cashback and added to the Amazon Pay balance at the end of each month. 1 Amazon Pay point is equivalent to Re. 1 and can be redeemed on Amazon or any other partner merchant accepting Amazon Pay as a payment method
Zero Liability Protection
No liability post the report of loss of card. Liability of any fraudulent transaction done prior to the time of reporting lies solely with the cardholder
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.5% – 3.8% per month or 42% – 45.6% per annum (variable, based on the customer’s financial behavior)
1% fuel surcharge waived at all petrol stations across India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 300.
Add-on Card Fee
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Welcome Benefits:
You get Rs. 300 to Rs. 600 Amazon Pay balance as a welcome benefit with the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (the welcome benefit for the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card keeps changing).
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Rewards:
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card, without a doubt, is the best-suited and a must-have card for shopaholic Amazon enthusiasts, especially if you are a Prime member. Well, if you love Amazon, it goes without saying, that you certainly do have a Prime membership! Anyway, the benefits of this card taste sweeter to Amazon Prime members.
- Prime members get 5% cashback on all purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in).
- Non-Prime users will get 3% cashback on Amazon instead of 5% with the same exceptions as applicable for Prime users.
- It should be noted that this 5% or 3% cashback on Amazon is applicable only on purchases made on Amazon India (amazon.in). For purchases from any other Amazon’s country-specific domain (including amazon.com), the cashback applicable would be 1%, same as for āny other online transaction.
- Payments made for books (including physical books, Kindle e-books and Audible audiobooks), bill payments, mobile and DTH recharges, booking flight, movie or bus tickets and loading balance to Amazon Pay Wallet earn you a cashback of 2%.
- You also get 2% cashback on purchases made from over 100 partner merchants that accept Amazon Pay as a payment method.
- 1% cashback is applicable on all other transactions both online and offline, except payments made at fuel stations.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Rewards Redemption:
- All the reward points earned are automatically converted into Amazon Pay balance which is added as cashback to your Amazon Pay account at the end of each month.
- This Amazon Pay cashback has no expiry date and there is no minimum amount required for the redemption of Amazon Pay balance.
- Amazon Pay balance can be used for payments on Amazon or on any of the partner merchants that accept Amazon Pay as a payment method.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Dining Benefits:
This card saves you a minimum of 15% on bill payments at all the member restaurants as a part of ICICI’s Culinary Treats program.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver and Cashback:
- 1% fuel surcharge is waived off at all fuel stations across India (provided that the transaction size does not exceed Rs. 4,000).
- 5% cashback on the first fuel transaction of the month. A minimum transaction of Rs. 2,000 is required to avail of the offer and the maximum cashback is capped at Rs. 150 in a month.
How to apply for Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card:
Initially, the Amazon Pay card was an invite-only offering, but now it is open to all. You can apply for this card either on Amazon or on ICICI bank’s official website. The application is processed once the KYC verification is completed. There are two ways to complete the KYC verification for this card-
- Video Mode: You need to provide your PAN card and Aadhar card details, after which an ICICI bank official will get in touch with you for a video-based verification. You need to answer a few simple questions and show the original copy of your PAN card to the bank official.
- Offline Mode: After you apply for the credit card and choose the offline mode for KYC verification, a bank official will visit you at your address and verify your documents.
ICICI bank offers 24×7 customer care support to its credit card customers over phone calls as well as via email. You can contact ICICI’s call center at 18601207777 or shoot them an email at [email protected] to report the loss of card or for any other issue. In case, the issue is still unresolved, you can contact their higher-ups at [email protected].
There can not be a better credit card for those who love to shop online, particularly on Amazon, and have a Prime membership (which although does cost Rs. 999 for 12 months, but comes with many other benefits like free home delivery of all items purchased from Prime vendors on Amazon and Prime video and music streaming service; so overall, it’s definitely not a bad deal), as it earns you up to 5% cashback on all the purchases from Amazon India.
Another aspect that makes Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card so special and lucrative is that the reward points are transferred as cashback to your Amazon Pay balance and have unlimited validity. Amazon Pay, as you probably already know, is one of the most widely accepted online wallets in India, so the reward points that you earn can be redeemed, not just on Amazon, but also on so many other vendors, which include popular food delivery services like Zomato and Swiggy and cab services like Ola and Uber.
However, if you are a frequent flyer, this card might not fit your needs as it doesn’t offer any travel benefits like air miles or lounge access at domestic or international airports. Please do let us know if you have any queries regarding this card in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts and opinion on the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card.
The reward points earned by you are automatically converted into Amazon Pay balance and are transferred to your Amazon Pay account at the end of each month.
Amazon Pay balance can be checked on Amazon’s official app. You can also view your Amazon Pay statement, with detailed information about when you received the cashback and where was the balance amount spent.
No, there is no limit to the number of reward points that can be earned each month with your Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card. All the reward points earned by you are transferred as Amazon Pay balance to your Amazon Pay wallet.
There is no expiry date for the reward points earned by you as they are transferred as Amazon Pay balance to your Amazon Pay wallet. Amazon Pay balance has no expiry date.
Apart from shopping on Amazon, you can use your Amazon Pay balance to shop on any online/offline store that accepts Amazon Pay as a payment method.
Yes, but only 1%, just like any other online transaction. The 5% cashback for Prime and 3% cashback for non-Prime members is applicable only on purchases from amazon.in.
You will need an identity proof (like Aadhar card/Voter card/driving license), PAN card and a proof of income (latest salary slip and last three month’s bank statement for salaried employees and latest audited ITR acknowledgment for self-employed individuals).