For people having a low credit score or no credit history at all, it becomes difficult to start their credit journey as they don’t get approved for a credit card. In such a situation, getting a supplementary or an add-on card seems to be the best option. Yes Bank, being a major card issuer in India, offers various credit cards best suited to different categories and add-on cards can also be issued under the primary cards. Though the supplementary cards do not have as many benefits as the primary cards, some of the Yes Bank Add-On Credit Cards come with decent privileges like reward points, lounge access, and many more.
You must be aware of the fact that one can get an add-on credit card only under the primary card of any of their family members. So, if you want to get an add-on credit card from YES Bank, you should make sure that your parents, spouse, siblings, or children are having one. Supplementary Credit Cards can be of great use to those who have no income source or no credit history at all. To know more about YES Bank Add-On Credit Cards, their features, and all other required information, keep reading:
Features of YES Bank Add-On Credit Cards
As discussed earlier, add-on credit cards are the best option for those who don’t have a credit card as they can quickly start their credit journey with a supplementary credit card. Add-on cards by YES Bank come with a number of exciting features and benefits, which are as follows:
- No Credit Score Required: You don’t need any credit history to get approved for a supplementary credit card as you can easily get it under the primary card of your family members. So, no worries about credit scores are there in the case of add-on cards.
- Earn Rewards: The supplementary cardholders generally get the same reward rate as the primary cardholders. Therefore, you can save every time you spend using your credit card.
- The payment needs to be made by the primary cardholder and hence add-on cardholder doesn’t need to worry about bill payments. However, missed/delayed payments will affect the credit score of primary as well as add-on cardholders.
Fees and Charges of YES Bank Add-on Cards
Some of the important fees and charges associated with the YES Bank Add-on Credit Cards are given in the table below:
|Nil (maximum up to 3 add-on cards can be issued)
|2.99% to 3.6% per month
|Forex Markup Charges
|1.75% to 3.5%
|Cash Advance Fees
|2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 300
|Cash Advance Limit
|Up to 30% of the total credit limit
Eligibility Criteria for YES Bank Add-on Credit Cards
There are no such strict eligibility criteria that one needs to fulfill in order to apply for the YES Bank add-on credit cards. There are just a few basic requirements that you need to keep in mind, which are as follows:
– The age of the supplementary card applicant should be a minimum of 18 years.
– The applicant must be related to the primary cardholder (parents, children, siblings, or spouse).
– The primary cardholder should be possessing a decent credit score.
The documents that you will have to submit while applying for the YES Bank add-on cards are listed below. Make sure to take them along with you whenever you apply for an add-on credit card:
- Identity proof, such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Ration Card, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof, such as utility bills of the latest months, Aadhar Card, Driving License, ration Card, etc.
- Proof of relationship with the primary cardholder might also be required.
How To Apply For Yes Bank Add-On Credit Cards?
You can apply for a YES Bank add-on credit card online as well as offline at our convenience. To apply offline, visit your nearest YES Bank branch with the required documents as mentioned above. Ask the bank officials to provide you with the add-on card application form and fill out the same carefully. You can also apply for this card online at YES Bank’s official website. If you need any assistance while applying or if you are not able to find the digital application form, you can contact YES Bank Credit Card customer care at 1800 121 4444. Make sure to provide them with all the necessary details like the primary cardholder’s name, account number, etc.
YES Bank Add-On Credit Card PIN Generation
Once you have received your supplementary credit card, you will need to generate its PIN in order to use it. The following are the different ways to generate your credit card PIN:
- You can contact YES Bank Credit Card customer care and request them to guide you on how you can generate the PIN for your newly received credit card. They will ask you for a few details and will help you with the same.
- You can also generate your credit card PIN easily through an ATM. Just visit an ATM nearest to you and find an option to generate/set a credit card PIN from the main menu.
YES Bank Credit Cards Offering Add-On Card Facility
The following are some of the top YES Bank Credit Cards offering add-on card facilities. The features of these cards are also given in the following table. For detailed information about the features of add-on cards by YES Bank, you can contact customer care.
|Yes Private/Private Prime Credit Card
– 24 RPs for every Rs. 200 spent on international spends and 16 RPs on domestic spends
– 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
– Unlimited complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access. (for primary as well as add-on cardholders)
|Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card
– Up to 12 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 200.
– Complimentary airport lounge access every year.
– Exciting discounts on dining and movies.
|YES First Preferred Credit Card
|– Up to 16 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 200.
|YES Premia Credit Card
– 12 Reward Points on every Rs. 200 on Travel and Dining spends. 6 RP per Rs. 200 on retail purchases
– Complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
|YES Bank Wellness Plus Credit Card
– 6 Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent, 30 RPs per Rs. 200 spent on chemist/pharmaceutical stores.
– Complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
|Yes Bank Wellness Credit Card
– 4 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 200 and 10 RPs on selected categories.
– Exclusive health benefits, including free fitness sessions every month.
|YES Prosperity Cashback Plus Credit Card
|– 0.75% cashback on all retail purchases.– 5% cashback on groceries and movie spends.
|YES Prosperity Rewards Plus Credit Card
|– Up to 4 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 200.(1 RP = up to Re. 0.25)
|YES Prosperity Rewards Credit Card
|– 2x Reward Points on all retail spends and 1x Rewards on selected categories. (1 RP = up to Re. 0.25)
|YES Prosperity Edge Credit Card
– 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 200, and 2 RPs on selected categories. (1 RP = up to Re. 0.25)
– 1 free domestic lounge access every quarter.
If your family members are having YES Bank Credit Cards, you can easily start your credit journey by getting an add-on card under their account. Just make sure to use your card responsibly as it affects your as well as the primary cardholder’s credit score. These cards don’t only help you build your credit score, but you also get various benefits and features across different categories. It will also help the primary cardholder to achieve the minimum spend required for a fee waiver and milestone benefits.