The First Exclusive credit card is a high-end offering by Yes Bank. It can be considered a direct competitor to HDFC’s most premium Infinia credit card. The card comes with complimentary access to both international as well as Domestic airport lounges. Apart from that, what makes this card such a lucrative offering in the premium segment is one of the lowest foreign currency markups by industry standards (1.75%).
But that’s not it, since it is a very premium card, you also get many other benefits like 24×7 concierge service, complimentary rounds of golf, Priority Pass membership, and movie ticket bookings at a discounted rate. Read the article for further information about this card.
Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
25% discount of movie tickets booked on BookMyShow (with a cap of Rs. 250 per month) and dining offers in select cities on the Yes Privileges portal. 24 Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent on dining and travel, capped at 5000 RPs per month
6 Reward Points for every Rs. 200 spent on Selected category, 12 Reward Points on every Rs. 200 spent on all other transactions and 24 Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent on travel and dining
Reward Points can be redeemed on the YesRewardz portal for hotel/flight/movie tickets booking and against purchases from the exclusive catalogue of products. Reward Points can also be redeemed against AirMIles (10 Reward Points = 1 InterMile / 1 Club Vistara Point).
3 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits per quarter at select airports across India, 6 complimentary international lounge access (outside India) with Priority Pass membership and travel offers on the Yes Privileges portal.
4 complimentary rounds of golf with green fee waived and 1 complimentary golf lesson per year at selected golf courses across the country under the MasterCardWorld Golf program.
Domestic Lounge Access
12 domestic lounge visits every year (3 per quarter) at select airports across India under the MasterCard Lounge program.
International Lounge Access
6 complimentary airport lounge access outside India with membership to the Priority Pass Program.
Insurance coverage worth Rs. 3 crore in case the cardholder's life is lost due to an air accident, medial insurance worth Rs. 50 lakh in case of emergency overseas hospitalization and a Credit Shield cover (up to Rs. 10 lakh) against outstanding card dues in the unfortunate event of death of the primary cardholder.
Zero Liability Protection
In the event of loss of the card, you won't be liable for any unauthorised transaction after the time of reporting the loss to Yes Bank’s customer care.
Spend Based Waiver
The Joining fee is waived on spending Rs. 75,000 in the first 90 days and the renewal fee is waived off if total spends reach Rs. 4 lakh or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
1.75% (plus applicable taxes)
2.99% per month (35.88% annually)
1% fuel surcharge is waived on all fuel purchases at all fuel stations across India for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5000 (waiver capped at Rs. 1000 per month).
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% (subject to a minimum of Rs. 300)
Add-on Card Fee
- 24 Reward Points on every Rs. 200 on Travel and Dining Spends.
- 12 Reward Points for every Rs. 200 spent on all transactions except for transactions under the Select category (details of the Select category described later).
- 6 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 200 on all transactions under the Select category.
- 1,000 Reward Points on each Yes PayNow registration.
- Concierge services that are accessible 24*7.
- Complimentary rounds of golf under the MasterCardWorld Golf program.
- Movie tickets at discounted rates on BookMyShow.
- 3 free domestic airport lounge visits per quarter.
- 6 complimentary lounge visits outside India with Priority Pass membership.
- Low foreign currency markup (1.75%).
- Personal accident cover worth Rs. 3 crores in case of accidental air death.
Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card Features and Benefits
The First Exclusive Credit Card by YES Bank is a well-known credit card in the Indian market. It comes with a number exciting benefits across various categories. Here are some of the most attractive features and benefits of this credit card:
Travel benefits with this credit card include:
- Travel offers on the Yes Privileges portal.
- 12 domestic lounge access (3 per quarter) at select airports across India under MasterCard lounge program.
- Priority Pass Program membership with 6 free lounge access outside India for primary as well as supplementary cardholders.
- Reward Points are transferable to partner airlines’ AirMiles.
Dining and Movie Benefits:
You get dining offers on the Yes Privileges portal and for movies, Yes bank offers you a 25% discount on all movie tickets booked on the BookMyShow website or app (with a maximum discount capped at Rs. 250/month).
You get the below-mentioned insurance benefits with the First Exclusive card:
- A life cover worth Rs. 3 crore. In the unfortunate event of death of the primary cardholder in an air accident, the nominated kin will get a sum of Rs. 3 crore.
- A medical emergency insurance worth Rs. 50 lakh, in case of emergency hospitalization of the primary cardholder on an international trip.
- A Credit Shield cover worth Rs. 10 lakh against the card’s balance amount in case of accidental death of the primary cardholder.
- All these insurance benefits are only applicable to primary cards. Add-on cardholders do not get insurance benefits.
Lower Foreign Currency Markup:
- At 1.75%, the foreign currency markup for this credit is one of the lowest in the market.
The convenience fee on purchases (between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000) is waived at all refill stations across India (the maximum benefit under this waiver is capped at Rs. 1,000 per month).
YES First Exclusive Credit Card Rewards:
As it is a Reward Points-based credit card, you get Reward Points on transactions made with the card. You get:
- 12 Reward Points for every Rs. 200 for all spends except on the Select category.
- 6 Reward Points for every Rs. 200 for all spends on the Select category.
- Accelerated 24 Reward Points on every Rs. 200 spent on Travel and Dining (Capped at 5,000 per month).
- Select category transactions include transportation fares (bus tickets/ taxicab fare, etc), tax and toll payments, utility bill payments, insurance premium payments, grocery purchases, school/college fees payments, and a few other miscellaneous transactions.
- Yes Bank Reward Points are valid for a period of 3 years from the accumulation date.
Yes Bank Reward Points can be redeemed for:
- Purchasing various products and e-vouchers and for travel bookings, movie tickets on the Yes Rewardz portal or by dialing the dedicated customer care number of the Yes Rewardz desk, i.e. 1800 419 0600.
- AirMiles at select partner airlines (10 Reward Points = 1 InterMile/1 CV Point).
Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card Fees and Charges
Some of the important fees and charges associated with the YES First Exclusive Credit Card are mentioned below:
- The joining and annual fee of this credit card is Rs. 1999 plus applicable taxes.
- The interest rate on the YES First Exclusive Credit Card is 2.99% per month.
- The foreign currency markup fee on this credit card is 1.75% of the total transaction amount.
- The cash advance fee on the YES First Exclusive Card is 2.5% subject to a minimum of Rs. 300 per transaction.
Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card Eligibility
The eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to get approved for the YES Bank First Exclusive Credit Card are as follows:
- Must be a resident of India,
- Must be between the age of 21 and 60 years,
- Should have a minimum monthly income of Rs. 2 lakh or annual income of Rs. 18 lakh or above.
The documents required to apply for this credit card are listed below:
- PAN Card
- Proof of Address: Aadhaar Card, Utility bills of the latest months, Ration Card, Passport.
- Income Proof: Latest salary slips/bank statements (salaried people) or latest audited ITR (self-employed individuals).
How to Apply for Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card
YES Bank provides you with online as well as offline methods to apply for the First Exclusive Credit Card. To apply online, you can simply click on the Apply Now button appearing on your screen. Fill in a few details, and you will have submitted your application for the Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card.
If you don’t prefer online methods, you always have the option to visit your nearest Yes Bank branch with the above-mentioned documents. You will need identity proof, address proof, and a passport-size photo of yours along with proof of income such as salary slip(s) in case of salaried employees and ITR documents for self-employed applicants.
In case of loss of card, you may get your card blocked:
- by sending an SMS: BLKCC from your registered number to 9840909000.
- via Yes Bank internet banking.
- through YES Mobile Banking.
- using the exclusive YesPay app.
- using the YES Bank call center numbers: 18001031212 (toll-free) / +91 22 49350000 (for calling from outside India).
For any type of assistance that you need, you can either dial their customer helpline number number or alternatively, you can get your queries/complaint resolved by filling a form on the bank’s official website. Due to any reason, if any of your doubts/complaints still remain unaddressed, you may contact the Yes Bank’s grievance redressal officer mailing at [email protected].
Yes Bank First Exclusive Credit Card Review
Considering all the benefits and rewards, we can safely conclude that Yes Bank’s First Exclusive credit card is one of the best offerings in the premium segment, mainly because of its low foreign currency markup (which is lower than its competitors like the HDFC Infinia Credit Card).
Also, if you’re a frequent international flyer, this card is worth considering, as you get six international lounge access at airport lounges outside India with the Priority Pass program. We think this card can be a good pick for high-net-worth individuals. Do let us know your opinion of this card in the comments section.
The reward points earned are valid for 3 years from the date of accumulation and expire thereafter.
You get 6 lounge access on airports outside India with the Priority Pass membership. For airports within India, you have to pay USD 27 per visit per guest for lounge access under the Priority Pass program. However, you get 12 domestic lounge access every year (3 per quarter) with the MasterCard World lounge program.
Yes, you are not liable for any fraudulent transaction made using your card, post the time of reporting the loss of card. However, for any transaction before you have reported the loss of card to the bank’s customer care, the liability of all the transactions made using your card lies solely with you.
Yes Rewardz is Yes Bank’s reward redemption portal where you can redeem your reward points for exclusive products, shopping vouchers and hotel/fllights/movie tickets bookings.