Yes Bank’s Private and Private Prime credit cards are a super premium invite-only offerings by the bank targeted at the ultra-rich HNIs (High Net-Worth Individuals). Both the cards are very similar, except that the Yes Private Card comes with a slightly higher joining fee (annual renewal fee is the same) and offers a couple of extra benefits. The cards offers a plethora of premium privileges including a 24×7 concierge service, complimentary rounds/lessons of golf, air travel insurance including a personal accident cover worth Rs. 5 crore and many other premium benefits. Read on to learn more about these super-premium offerings by Yes Bank.
Yes Private/Private Prime Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
While booking movie tickets through BookMyShow, you will get Buy One Get One offer (up to 4 free tickets per month)
24 Reward Points for every Rs. 200 spent on international spends, 16 Reward Points for every Rs. 200 spent on domestic spends.
Reward Points can be redeemed on the YesRewardz portal for flight/hotel/movie ticket bookings and against products and vouchers in the bank's catalogue. (1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25)
Complimentary access to domestic and international airport lounges, travel privileges including cruise program, car rentals, vacation packages, car rentals, e-gift vouchers from Oberoi hotels and resorts, etc.
12 rounds of green fees and golf lessons every year at premium domestic golf courses, privileges at TPC snd PGA golf courses
Domestic Lounge Access
Unlimited domestic lounge access with MasterCard Lounge Program for primary and add-on cardmembers (guest visits limited to 10 per year)
International Lounge Access
Unlimited international lounge access to primary and add-on cardmembers with Lounge Key (guest visits limited to 10 per year)
Air accident cover worth Rs. 5 crores, emergency overseas hospitalization cover worth Rs. 1 crore and Credit Shield cover worth Rs. 15 lakh
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability of cardholder against any deceitful transaction in case of loss or theft of card if the same is reported to the bank within a specified time frame.
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off on spends of Rs. 25,00,000 (for Yes Private Credit Card) or Rs. 20,00,000 (for Yes Private Prime Credit Card) in the preceding year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
1.75% (plus applicable taxes)
1.2% per month (14.4% annually) for Yes Bank savings/salary account holders, 1.75% per month (or 21% annually) for others.
Waived off on transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000
Cash Advance Charges
Add-on Card Fee
- Welcome gift of 25,000 Reward Points on the first transaction on Yes Private Credit Card.
- Milestone benefit of 10,000 Reward Points on total spends of Rs. 10 lakh in the first 90 days of card issuance.
- 24 Reward Points per Rs. 200 on international spends.
- 16 Reward Points per Rs. 200 on domestic spends.
- Lower interest rate of 1.2% p.m (for Yes Bank account holders) and 1.75% for others.
- Lower mark-up fee of 1.75% on all foreign currency transactions.
- Unlimited domestic lounge visits for primary and add-on cardholders (10 complimentary guest visits per year).
- Complimentary Lounge Key membership for both primary and add-on card members.
- Many other travel benefits including a cruise program, car rentals, vacation package, Oberoi gift vouchers, etc.
- Air travel-related insurance benefits including an accidental death cover worth Rs. 5 crores.
- Credit Shield cover worth Rs. 15 lakh in case of accidental death of the primary cardholder.
- Golf benefits including 12 rounds of complimentary green fees for a year (maximum of 3 rounds per calendar quarter).
- 12 complimentary golf lessons every year with a max cap of 3 lessons per calendar quarter.
- Complimentary wellness and medical benefits.
- Fuel surcharge waived off at all fuel stations across India for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000.
Yes Private/Private Prime Credit Card Welcome Benefits:
25,000 Reward Points are credited to your account as a welcome benefit upon the completion of the first transaction with Yes Private Credit Card.
10,000 Reward Points are credited to your account as a welcome benefit upon the completion of the first transaction with Yes Private Prime Credit Card.
On achieving the milestone of minimum expenditure of Rs. 10 lakh within the first 90 days of card issuance, you will get 10,000 Reward Points with Yes Private Credit Card.
Spends Based Waiver:
The annual card renewal fee is waived if a minimum of Rs. 25 lakh (20 Lakh for Private Prime Credit card) were spent in the previous card anniversary year with the Private Credit card.
Yes Private/Private Prime Credit Card Rewards:
- For every Rs. 200 spent on international transactions, you will get 24 Reward Points.
- For every Rs. 200 spent on domestic spends, you will get 16 Reward Points.
You can redeem the reward points by purchasing exclusive products and gift vouchers and by booking flight/hotels/movie tickets on the Yes Rewardz portal or by dialing the dedicated Yes Rewardz desk number, 1800 121 4444.
- Complimentary Lounge Key membership.
- Unlimited international airport lounge access for primary and add-on cardholders. Guest visits are limited to 10 per year.
- Unlimited domestic airport lounge access under the MasterCard domestic lounge access program. Guest visits are limited to 10 per year.
- Savings of up to USD 1,000 on round trip private air charter booking and USD 500 credit towards ground transportation.
- Airport privileges including VIP meet and greet and airport invitation services.
- USD 75 savings on all cruise bookings.
- Car rental discounts on Sixt Rent A Car.
- Savings of vacation packages.
- Discount and benefits on the world’s most premium hotel chains including Grand Hyatt Melbourne, The Lagham Sidney, International Melbourne and Rialto.
- E-gift vouchers from Oberoi hotels and resorts.
- 12 rounds of complimentary green fees per year (max 3 per quarter).
- 4 complimentary green fee access to guests (max 1 complimentary guest green fee in a calendar quarter)
- 4 complimentary golf lessons per year not more than 1 per quarter.
- Golf privileges at international golf courses including TPC snd PGA golf courses.
Movie and Event Tickets Benefits:
- Buy One Get One offer on BookMyShow for movie tickets with a max cap of 4 complimentary tickets per month.
- 50% off on event tickets on BookMyShow with a max cap of Rs. 1,000 per month.
- Personal air accident cover worth Rs. 5 crore (applicable in case of loss of life due to a flight accident).
- Emergency overseas hospitalization cover worth Rs. 1 crore.
- Credit Shield cover worth Rs. 15 lakh in case of the primary cardholder accidental death.
Less Finance Charge and Foreign Currency Mark-up fee:
- Interest rate of 1.2% per month (14.4% annually) for Yes Bank savings/salary account holders, 1.99% per month (or 23.88 % annually) for others.
- A lower foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.75%.
Convenience fee on transactions (between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000) is waived at all refill stations across India (the maximum waived amount capped at Rs. 1,000 per month).
Both Yes Private and Private Prime Credit Cards are invite-only.
As mentioned earlier, the two cards are very much similar, the only difference being the joining fee (higher for the Private card) and a few additional benefits that you get with the Private Card. Given the kind of benefits they offer, both these cards, despite the high membership fee are certainly worth it for the affluent HNIs. Also, don’t forget to have a look at the competitors like HDFC Infinia and ICICI Emerald. What do you think of these premium offerings by Yes Bank? Do let us know in the comments.
Yes Bank Reward Points are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of accrual and expire thereafter.
Yes, you are not liable for any fraudulent transaction made using your card, post the time of reporting the loss of card. However, for any transaction, before you have reported the loss of card to the bank’s customer care, the liability of all the transactions made using your card lies solely with you.
It is an invite-only credit card.
You get unlimited domestic and international lounge access with the Lounge Key membership and MasterCard domestic lounge program. Lounge visits for guests are limited to 10 visits per year.