LIC Cards is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Life Insurance Corporation of India. LIC Card Services Limited came into existence on 11 November 2008, and its registered office is situated in New Delhi. LIC credit cards offer customers exclusive privileges and benefits to make the customer experience rewarding. LIC cards offer lifetime free cards by which the customers don’t need to pay any joining or renewal fee on their credit card. LIC credit cards are issued to the LIC policyholders and LIC agents only. The customer applies for a LIC policy to avail of a LIC credit card. To know more about the credit card offerings by the LIC CSL, read below, given some of the best credit cards from its portfolio. LIC Card issues various credit cards, out of which some popular cards are mentioned below.
List Of Best LIC Credit Cards in India
In this article, you can find the list of best LIC Cards in India and their detailed features and benefits. Also, you can compare different LIC Cards on the basis of different factors and choose the one out of these that suits you the best:
LIC Credit Cards Features and Benefits
Although LIC, which is a life insurance company, is not that popular in terms of credit cards, it offers some really exclusive cards that are especially beneficial for LIC’s loyal customers. Different LIC cards may have different advantages, like reward rates and other benefits. Still, the following are some of the general features and benefits offered by them:
- Welcome Benefits: Many card issuers offer welcome benefits, under which the cardholders may get bonus reward points, gift vouchers, etc. However, LIC cards generally don’t offer any welcome privileges.
- Reward Points: You also get rewarded whenever you spend using your LIC Card. The reward rates might be different for different credit cards, and they may also vary on the basis of different categories.
- Travel Benefits: Many credit card issuers also offer complimentary lounge access to their cardholders. You may also get the same or other travel benefits, like discounts on travel-related bookings with your LIC Credit Cards.
- Other Benefits: Other types of benefits that you may get with these credit cards are fuel surcharge waiver, discounts & deals on dining and movies, and many more.
Top 3 LIC Credit Cards
LIC, being a trusted insurance company in the country, offers some exclusive credit cards, out of which the following are some of the Top LIC Credit Cards and their features in detail:
LIC Titanium credit card
This is a co-branded card issued by LIC in association with Axis Bank. You get 2 reward points per Rs 100 spent on LIC premium payment and international spending and 1 reward point per Rs 100 spent on other categories. You are charged zero annual fees on your LIC credit card.
LIC Visa Signature credit card
This is a Visa-powered card offered by LIC in collaboration with Axis Bank. This is a zero membership fee card that provides you with exciting rewards and benefits on your purchases. You can earn 2 reward points for every Rs 100 spent on LIC premium payments and international spendings. Moreover, you also earn 1 reward point on every Rs 100 spent on all other categories. Furthermore, you also get several travel and insurance benefits with this credit card.
LIC Platinum credit card
LIC Platinum credit card is a Visa card offered by LIC in collaboration with Axis Bank. This is no annual fee card offering exciting rewards to its customers. You get 2 reward points on every Rs 100 spent on LIC premium payment and international spending and 1 reward point on another spending.
LIC Credit Card Rewards
Different LIC Credit Cards come with different reward rates. Generally, the premium cards that have a higher reward rate and greater features require a higher credit score to be approved compared to the cards that come with a lower rate. But, the cardholders surely save something in the form of Reward Points whenever they make a transaction using their LIC Card. The Reward rate of some of the best LIC Credit Cards is given in the table below:
|LIC Titanium Credit Card
|LIC Visa Signature Credit Card
|LIC Platinum Credit Card
The Reward Points that you earn using your LIC Credit Cards can be redeemed against a lot of options snd gift vouchers available in the LIC Rewards Catalogue. The redemption can be done by contacting your credit card customer care at 1800 419 0064. The monetary value of Reward Points may vary depending on the product/voucher against which you are redeeming your points, and the value of 1 Reward Point may be up to Re. 1, which is a really good reward rate.
LIC Cards Annual Fee
The annual fee is one of the important factors to be considered when choosing a credit card for yourself. All the credit cards issued by LIC come with a zero annual fee and, hence, are a great choice for those who look for affordable credit cards with decent reward rates. A lot of individuals who try to get lifetime free credit cards must try to get a credit card from LIC. However, lifetime free doesn’t mean that the cardholders can avoid all the other charges as well. Other than the annual fee, you will need to pay all the charges (when required) with your LIC Credit Cards.
Other Fees and Charges
Other than the annual fee, the following are some of the most important fees and charges that are associated with a credit card. However, you will have to pay them only if you fulfil the required conditions for a particular fee, and you can easily avoid all of them by using your card responsibly. Refer to the following table for more information:
|3.6% per month
|Cash Advance Fee
|2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee
|3.5% of the transaction amount
LIC Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
Every card issuer has certain eligibility requirements that need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to get approved for a credit card. The eligibility criteria required for the LIC Cards are as follows:
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 years and 70 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income, and the minimum salary requirements may vary for different cards.
- The applicant should either be a resident of India or a non-resident Indian.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history.
The documents that are required in order to apply for an LIC Credit Card are as follows:
- Identity Proof – Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving Licence, Passport (any one of these).
- Residential Proof – Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Voter ID (any one of these).
- Colored photograph.
- Latest salary slips/bank statements, ITR, or Form 16.
How to Apply for LIC Credit Cards?
Customers can simply apply for LIC Credit Cards with Card Insider. Simply choose your preferred LIC Card and click on the Apply Now button. You will then be directed to the Axis LIC application page, where you can fill in the card application and apply for a new LIC Credit Card.
You can check your LIC credit card application status by calling the IVR number at 1800 22 6606. You can simply connect with the customer service representative and provide your application number, PAN number, and registered mobile number. The customer executive shall verify the details as provided. Learn more about LIC credit card application tracking methods here.
How To Activate Your LIC Credit Card?
After receiving your LIC Credit Card, you can get it activated using any of the below-mentioned methods:
- You can contact the LIC Credit Card customer care and ask the customer care executives to help you activate your credit card.
- Another way to activate your credit card is to do it via internet banking. You can log in to your internet banking account via Axis Bank’s official website, as the LIC Cards are issued in collaboration with Axis Bank.
- You can also get your LIC Card activated by visiting your nearest LIC branch and asking the bank officials for the same.
For more ways to activate your LIC Credit Cards, check this page.
LIC Cards Login/Netbanking
You can get a lot of your credit card-related tasks done online via Internet banking, as it has made everything easy nowadays. Following are the steps to register your LIC Card for Internet banking:
- Go to the LIC Cards login page and click on Register.
- Enter your registered mobile number or customer ID to start the registration.
- Enter all the other required details like your name, credit card number, etc.
- Verify your details by entering the OTP that has been sent to your number.
- Set your internet banking password and submit.
For more detailed steps to register or log into LIC net banking, click here.
LIC Credit Cards Customer Care
LIC customers contact the reach out at helpline number with their queries and complaints through calls, email, and SMS. Below are provided some details you can use to raise your queries.
You can reach out by calling the customer care number at 1800 233 1100 with your queries and complaints. The customers can get in touch by sending mail to this address [email protected] or [email protected]