The IndusInd Bank provides customers with a host of credit cards fitting their needs. The IndusInd Bank’s credit cards allow you to enjoy exciting features and benefits like reward points, cashback, travel, dining, shopping, etc. Read on to know the eligibility criteria to keep in mind while applying for an IndusInd Bank Credit Card.
Eligibility criteria for IndusInd Bank credit cards
The IndusInd Bank follows standard eligibility criteria to issue credit cards to the applicants.
- The applicant must be between the age of 21-65 years.
- Must be a salaried or self-employed individual.
- Must have a stable source of income.
- Must have a good credit score.
Documents required to apply for an IndusInd Bank Credit Card
Keep the given documents handy. If you are applying for a credit card online, keep the scanned copies with you, and in case if you are visiting the bank to apply take the signed photocopies with you.
|Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, Voter’s Id, Pan Card, Passport, or any other government-approved ID.|
|Aadhaar Card, Passport, Utility Bills (not more than 3 months old), or any other government-approved ID.|
|Bank Statement or salary slip of last 3 months, last 2 years’ audited financial report, etc.|
Top 10 Credit Cards offered by IndusInd Bank
Given below is a list of credit cards offered by the IndusInd Bank.
IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Payback Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Iconia Amex Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Pioneer Heritage Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
IndusInd Intermiles Voyage Visa Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Crest Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Indulge Credit Card
IndusInd Nexxt Credit Card
IndusInd Legend Credit Card
Factors that affect your IndusInd Bank credit card eligibility
Age: If you don’t qualify for the minimum age requirement, then the bank will reject your credit card application for not meeting the eligibility criteria.
Income: Income requirement is another factor that can affect the IndusInd Bank Credit Card Eligibility. The monthly income should not be less than the minimum requirement.
Credit Score: Having a bad credit score or no credit history can badly affect your eligibility. A good credit score is said to be between 700-750 or above. A credit score determines your creditworthiness and your ability to pay off the credit bills on time.
Debt to Income Ratio: In case your debt is more than your income then there are high chances that it will affect your eligibility. To secure a credit card from the Yes Bank the applicant should access this factor before applying.
Multiple Credit Card: The eligibility factor gets affected when applicants already have 7-8 credit cards. Having multiple credit cards decreases the chance of getting another credit card. Bank checks how much unsecured debt you already own before issuing a new credit card.
Payment Default: If the applicant has more unsettled loans and has defaulted credit card payments frequently then the chances of your application getting rejected increase. This default stays in the applicant’s credit history for many years.
Multiple Applications: Sending multiple applications at the same can lead to the rejection of all the applications. It’s better to send a single application at one time and wait for the response from the bank.
How to improve your IndusInd Bank credit card eligibility:
There are many ways through which you can improve your credit eligibility, a few of them are as follows:
- Avoiding sending multiple applications can be the first step towards increasing your credit card eligibility.
- Meeting the age and income requirement provided for the credit card you are applying for, will be a plus point for getting your application accepted in the first go. Carefully read the credit card eligibility requirement.
- If you are applying for a credit card for the first time then you can improve your credit score by taking secured credit cards or an entry-level credit card. You can also use ‘Amazon Buy Now Pay Later’ for developing your credit history.
- Do not default in credit card payments or in repaying the loan amount. Try to clear all the dues on time as the credit card issuer looks at your credit history whether you are a frequent defaulter or not.
- Apply for a credit card only when your income is more than the debt. It is better to maintain a good debt-to-income ratio.
To improve your eligibility you can start with building up your credit history, having a good credit score increases the chances of your application getting approved. Try not to send multiple applications in one go also before submitting documents proofread them to avoid mistakes in your application.
Yes, the card issuers while reviewing your application look at the credit history to check whether you are a defaulter or not. It is advisable to clear all the dues on time as it will badly affect your credit score.
No, there are no credit cards which are offered by the IndusInd Bank to 18 years old individuals. The minimum age requirement starts at 21 years. So, to avail of an IndusInd Bank Credit Card, you have to wait for 3 years. Other banks issue a credit card against the fixed deposit for 18 years old.
700-750 is considered a good credit score that can help you to get a credit card easily.