Still after being an entry-level credit card, SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is one of the most famous credit cards amongst the new entrants in the field of credit cards. This credit card is quite suitable for those individuals who shop online very frequently and that too at some particular brands such as Amazon, Apollo24x7, BookMyShow, etc as this credit card provides a higher reward rate of 2.5% while the cardholders will get a reward rate of 1.25% on other online spends. You will also get a reward rate of 0.25% on all offline spends. The cardholders can just earn reward points with this credit card and no other value-added benefit as this is an entry-level credit card. Placed at a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499, this credit card provides decent reward points to credit cardholders.
The Citi Cashback Credit Card is a basic cashback credit card but is quite popular among individuals as this credit card provides accelerated cashback of 5% while spending on some specific categories such as movie ticket bookings, telephone bill payments, and utility bill payments. Apart from this, the cardholders will also get discounts while paying their dining bills and exclusive discounts while bookings flights and hotels through MakeMyTrip. This card also provides the cardholders with a fuel surcharge waiver on their fuel transactions at the IOCL fuel stations. Since this is a basic credit card, this card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and does not provide the cardholders with any major value-added benefits.
Both the credit cards, i.e., SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card and Citi Cashback Credit Card are decent entry-level credit cards that provide the cardholders with some great deals. This article will discuss the features and benefits of both the cards individually so that it will be effortless for you to choose according to your needs and requirements.
SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
An entry-level credit card by the State Bank of India, the SimplyCLICK SBI Card is quite popular among the new entrants as this card provides amazing benefits in the form of reward points to the credit cardholders. Not only reward points, but the cardholders will also get great gift vouchers in the form of welcome benefits and milestone benefits once they achieve a particular amount of spending amount using their credit card. Apart from this, this card also provides you with a fuel surcharge waiver and waiver of the annual fee on the basis of the amount spend using your credit card in the previous year. The SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 499 which is quite in sync with the benefits and rewards that this card provides. Following are the detailed benefits of this credit card –
- Upon paying the joining fee of the credit card, the cardholder will get an Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome benefit.
- The cardholders will get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent using this card on all offline transactions except fuel.
- Higher reward points, i.e., 5x for every Rs. 100 spent while you spend on all online transactions using this credit card.
- Accelerated reward points, i.e., 10x for every Rs. 100 spent at partner merchants including Amazon, Cleartrip, BookMyShow, Dineout, Lenskart, Apollo 24×7, and Netmeds.
- A maximum capping of 10,000 Reward Points per month is applicable on the bonus reward points (under the 5x and 10x categories) that can be earned on online spends using this credit card.
- The cardholders will get the following as milestone benefits –
– An e-voucher worth Rs. 2,000 from ClearTrip on achieving annual spends of Rs. 1 Lakh.
– An e-voucher worth Rs. 2,000 from ClearTrip on achieving annual spends of Rs. 2 Lakhs
- The annual fee of the credit card worth Rs. 499 can be waived off if the cardholder is able to achieve spends of Rs. 1 Lakh using the credit card in an anniversary year.
- The cardholders are entitled to a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 at all fuel stations in India. The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 100 per month.
- The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed against gift vouchers and products available on the sbicard.com website or application.
- The points can also be redeemed against the card’s outstanding balance through internet banking.
- For redemption purposes, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
CitiBank Cashback Credit Card
This credit card, the Citibank Cashback Credit Card provides the cardholders with great cashback while they make transactions using their credit card. Placed at a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 500, this credit provides some other benefits such as offers while paying rent using the rent payment platforms, discounts on MakeMyTrip and Duty-Free Stores, etc. This card also provides a fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions. Let us now discuss in detail the features and benefits of the Citi Cashback Credit Card –
- The cardholders will get an accelerated cashback of 5% while booking movie tickets. The maximum cashback is capped at a maximum of Rs. 100 under this category.
- 5% cashback on utility bill payments using the Citibank bill payments facility and via Citibank online. The cardholders will get a maximum cashback of Rs. 100.
- While paying telephone bill payments using this credit card, the cardholders will get a cashback of 5%. Cashback under this category is also capped at a maximum of Rs. 500.
- If telephone bill payment is made via Citibank online or using Citibank online bill payment facility, it will be considered under the same category as utility bill payment.
- On all other spends done using the Citibank Cashback Credit Card, the cardholders will get a cashback of 0.5%.
- The cardholders will also get a cashback while they pay using RedGirraffe – Rent Payment Platform.
- You can save up to 10% while making bookings through MakeMyTrip.
- While purchasing in duty-free stores and paying using the Citibank Cashback Credit Card, the cardholders will get a cashback of 15%.
- The cardholders are entitled to a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all IOCL fuel outlets on a minimum transaction of Rs. 10.
- You can enjoy a discount of 20% on your dining bills at the participating restaurants.
- The cashback that the cardholders get with the Citibank Cashback Credit Card is automatically adjusted every month against the statement balance of the card in multiples of Rs. 500.
Now that we have discussed about the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card and Citi Cashback Credit Card –
|Basis||SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card||Citi Cashback Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
Click here:- To compare credit cards to see which one best suits your needs.
SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card and Citi Cashback Credit Card are decent credit cards that provide credit cardholders with some amazing rewards and cashback deals. With this, the people who are new entrants in the field of credit cards can earn generous rewards and cashback while they continue to spend regular using their credit cards. While with the SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card, the cardholders will get not only get a good reward rate on their regular spending, they will get accelerated reward points while they spend on some specific categories. Apart from this, cardholders will also get gift vouchers in the form of welcome benefits and on achieving milestone spends.
While on the other hand, with Citi Cashback Credit Card, cardholders will get cashback on the transactions that they perform using their credit card and will get a higher cashback while they spend on some specific categories. Apart from this, card members will also get a fuel surcharge waiver at the IOCL fuel stations only. Both the credit cards come with a similar joining and renewal fee but if compared, SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is more rewarding at the same price. But if a customer is concerned spends more on utility bill payments, he can opt for Citi Cashback Credit Card as it provides higher cashback on such spends.
For any further queries related to these credit cards, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!
Also check: SBI SimplyClick Credit Card vs HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card