The cashback credit card by Citibank, Citi Cashback Credit Card aims at providing exciting cashback deals to cardholders. You will get an assured cashback of 0.5% while you spend using this credit card, and you get accelerated cashback (5%) on movie tickets bookings, telephone bill payments, and utility bill payments. Not only this, but the card allows you to save on various other spends, such as up to 20% discount on dining, up to 10% discount flight bookings through MakeMyTrip, exclusive discount offers on hotel bookings, etc. The cashback redemption process is hassle-free as the cashback you earn is automatically credited to your account in multiples of 500. Keep reading to know more about this entry-level offering by Citibank.
Citi Cash Back Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
20% off on dining bills while paying dining bills at the partner restaurants.
5% cashback while paying utility bills, booking movie tickets, and telephone bills. 0.5% cashback while spending on all other categories.
Cashback will be automatically credited to your account in multiples of Rs. 500.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
No liability of the cardholder in case of fraudulent transactions done using this credit card if the loss or theft of the card is reported to the bank within the prescribed time period.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of transaction amount
3.75% per month
1% fuel surcharge waived off at authorized IndianOil Corporation outlets.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the cash withdrawn, or Rs. 500, higher of the two.
Add-on Card Fee
- Get a 0.5% cashback on all your spending.
- Get a 5% cashback on your telephone bill payments & movie ticket purchases.
- The cashback of 5% on utility bill payments is applicable through Citibank Online Bill Pay only
- Automatic adjustment of the cashback earned against the card’s statement balance in multiples of Rs. 500.
- Up to 20% off on dining bills at the participating restaurants.
- 1% fuel surcharge will be waived off on fuel transactions at fuel stations in India.
Citi Cashback Card Features and Benefits
Being a cashback credit card, the Citi Cashback Card provides exciting saving deals to the customer on all their spends that they make using this credit card. Other than its cashback benefits, the card has a few more exclusive features & benefits which are as follows:
- The cardholders will get a 20% discount on their dining bills across several participating restaurants.
- Citibank Cash Back Credit Card also entitles you to a cashback of up to 30% on spends on Zomato and Swiggy.
Apart from the benefits mentioned above, the Citi Cashback Credit Card provides several other offers that include:
- Avail a cashback of up to Rs. 3,000 on rent payments through RedGirraffe.
- Up to 10% savings on MakeMyTrip.
- Up to 15% cashback on duty-free stores.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
You will get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% across all IndianOil Corporation outlets for a minimum transaction of Rs. 10.
Citi Cash Back Credit Card Rewards
- Cashback of 5% on movie ticket bookings with the card, subject to a maximum of Rs. 100 in a given month.
- Cashback of 5% on utility bill payments using the Citibank bill payments facility and via Citibank online.
- Cashback on 5% on telephone bill payments using Citibank Cash Back Credit Card.
- The cashback earned at a 5% rate under each of the aforementioned categories is capped at Rs. 100 per month.
- If telephone bill payment is made via Citibank online or using Citibank online bill payment facility, it is considered under the same category as utility bill payment.
- You earn a cashback of 0.5% on all other spends with Citibank Cash Back Credit Card.
Reward Points Redemption
- The cashback earned on Citibank Cash Back Credit Card is automatically adjusted every month against the card’s statement balance.
- The cashback can be adjusted against the statement balance of the credit card in multiples of 500 only, i.e. you must have earned a minimum cashback of Rs. 500 for it to be adjusted against your credit card’s statement balance. Also, if the cashback earned is more than Rs. 500, but less than Rs. 1,000, only Rs. 500 will be adjusted against your card’s statement balance in that billing cycle, and the rest amount shall be carried forwarded to the next billing cycle.
Citi Cash Back Credit Card Fees and Charges
Apart from the regular annual fee, there are a few more fees and charges that are applicable on the Citibank Cash Back Card. To understand all of these, refer to the below-mentioned points:
- The Citi Cashback card comes with a joining and renewal fee Rs. 500 plus applicable taxes. This fee is charged once every year.
- You have to pay an interest rate of 3.75% per month on this credit card.
- 3.75% of the transacted amount has to be paid as a forex fee on all the international transactions done using this credit card.
- On all the cash withdrawals that you make using this credit card, you have to pay a fee of 2.5% of the amount transacted or Rs. 500, whichever is higher.
Citi Cash Back Card Eligibility Criteria
You have to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria in order to be eligible to apply for this card –
- The applicant should be of an age between 23 years to 60 years.
- The applicant should be either salaried or self-employed and have a decent credit score.
Following is the list of documents that you need to have with you before applying for this credit card:
- Identity proof: Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, any valid government-issued Id, Voter’s Id, etc.
- Address proof: Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, any valid government-issued Id, Voter’s Id, etc.
- Proof of income: Latest audited ITR (for self-employed individuals) and latest salary slips (for salaried individuals).
How To Apply for Citi Cash Back Credit Card?
- Go to https://www.online.citibank.co.in/.
- Select the option ‘apply for a credit card.’
- Choose the Citi Cash Back Credit Card.
- In the application form, fill in the required details and attach the documents required.
You can visit the nearest bank branch and fill in the application form and provide the required documents.
Citi Cash Back Card Application Status
Once you have applied for the Citi Cashback Card and want to know the progress in your application, the status of the application can be tracked as follows:
- Visit Citibank’s application tracking page and check your application status within seconds.
- You can contact Citibank Credit Card customer care at their 24×7 customer care helpline CitiPhone at 1860 210 2484.
- You can visit your nearest Citi Bank branch and ask the bank executives about the status of your credit card application.
The Citi Cash Back Credit Card is a great choice for people, who are looking for an affordable credit card with exclusive cashback offers. The card not only provides you with cashback on all your spending but also gives you amazing saving opportunities on your other spends as well. For example, you can avail yourself of up to a 20% discount across various participating restaurants, and up to a 50% discount on Zomato. Moreover, its welcome benefits and fuel surcharge waiver are also among its great features that can not be ignored. Another card that can be considered its high competitor is the Ace Credit Card which is issued by the Axis Bank and comes with a similar annual fee. However, your choice should totally depend on your requirements and spending habits. So, if you want a credit card that allows you to save more & more, you can undoubtedly go with the Citi Cash Back Credit Card.
The renewal fee of the Citi Cash Back Credit Card is Rs. 500.
No, with the Citi Cash Back Credit Card, you get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at IndianOil Corporation outlets for a minimum transaction of Rs. 10.
Yes, you get a cashback of 5% on utility bill payments through CitiBank Online Bill Pay.
The cashback you have earned is automatically credited to your statement in a multiple of Rs. 500.