Even though there are lots of premium credit cards in the Indian market, most of the people prefer basic or entry-level cards, especially when they are not very experienced in using credit cards. When it comes to the top basic cards in the Indian market, the SimplyClick Credit Card by SBI is always at the top of the list. Giving decent competition to this card, Bank of Barda also issues the lifetime free Easy Credit Card. Individuals find it difficult to decide whether they should go with a lifetime free credit card or a low annual fee card that has good rewards & benefits. If you are also looking for a basic credit card and are confused between these two, this article will definitely be helpful for you.
The SBI SimplyClick Credit Card comes with a nominal fee of Rs. 500 and offers a really good reward rate across different categories. On the other hand, the BoB Easy Credit Card is a lifetime free card that offers a decent reward rate and comes with only a few basic features. Before choosing the right credit card for yourself, it is important to compare different cards based on several important factors, such as their annual fee, rewards, benefits, and other fees & charges. let us compare the SBI SimplyClick and BoB easy Credit Card in this article so that you can make the right decision for yourself:
SBI SimplyClick Credit Card
The SBI SimplyClick Credit Card comes with an annual membership fee of Rs. 500 and welcomes you with an Amazon voucher equivalent to the annual fee. The card offers a basic reward rate of 1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100 and this goes up to 10x Reward Points for online spends and selected merchants. Apart from this, you can earn Cleartrip vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 on achieving the annual spending milestone. Moreover, you can also make your card lifetime free by getting the fee waived on the basis of your total annual spends in the previous anniversary year. All the benefits and features of this card are given below in detail:
- You get an Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome benefit, which is sent to you within 30 days after your joining fee payment.
- The card offers 1 Reward point for every Rs. 100 spent offline,
- You get 5x Reward Points on all online purchases.
- Moreover, 10x Reward points are offered on selected merchant spends, including BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Dineout, Lenskart, Apollo24x7, and Netmeds.
- You get a Cleartrip voucher worth Rs. 2,000 on spending Rs. 1 lakh within an anniversary year and you get an additional voucher worth Rs. 2,000 when you achieve an annual spend of Rs. 2 lakhs.
- The annual fee is waived on spending Rs. 1 lakh or more in the preceding year.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases made using this card.
Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card
The Bank of Baroda Easy Credit card is a zero annual fee card and is targeted at those who are just entering the credit card market. It doesn’t have so many benefits but offers you a decent reward rate across all purchases. You can earn up to 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 and these reward points are redeemable against various options available at the BoB Rewardz portal. Other benefits of the card include a 1% fuel surcharge waiver, zero liability protection against a lost card, etc. All its features are given below in detail:
- You get 1 Reward Point for every retail spend of Rs. 100 using this card.
- You get 5x Reward Points on grocery spends, movie ticket bookings, and departmental store purchases.
- The BoB Easy Card also offers a 0.5% cashback on credit card bill payments.
- The earned reward points can be redeemed against various options, including your card’s statement balance at a redemption rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver, capped at Rs. 250 per month.
After going through the detailed features of both the cards, let us now compare the SimplyClick and the BoB easy Card on the basis of different factors with the help of a table:
|Comparison Factor||SBI SimplyClick Credit Card||BoB Easy Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 499||Nil|
|Rewards Rate|| || |
|Reward Redemption||The earned reward points can be redeemed against various products, and other options at a redemption rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25.||The reward points are redeemable against various options, including cashback. 1 RP = Re. 0.25|
|Other Benefits||You can earn Cleartrip vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 on achieving an annual spend of Rs. 2 lakhs.||You get 0.5% cashback on credit card bill payments.|
|Spend-Based Waiver||The annual fee is waived on spending Rs. 1 lakhs or more in the previous year.||NA|
SBI SimplyClick as well as the BoB Easy Credit Card is a great option to start your credit journey and build a good credit history. If you are very new to the credit card world and you don’t have a credit history at all, you should prefer the BoB Easy Credit Card as it comes with a zero annual fee and is good for zero experience people. However, if you have already started your credit journey using some other credit card or buy now pay letter options, you can consider the SBI SimplyClick Credit Card. It does have a nominal annual fee, but that is totally worth it for those who make online purchases very often. You can also get the annual fee waived by achieving the required annual spending. So, just make a decision as per your requirements. None of the two cards can be termed as best for everyone, but it totally depends on your spending behavior and needs. Compare them wisely and go with anyone that seems to suit you better. In case of any further doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section below!