For those who wish to own a credit card without heavy joining and renewal fees, not to worry, we are here to help you. The Bank of Baroda offers you one such card having zero joining and renewal fee, that is, Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card. This card is perfect for daily spending as it will earn you reward points in return. You earn 5 reward points on spending Rs. 100 on movies, groceries, and departmental stores. This card offers you a cash-back of 0.5% on the payment of the card bill. Moreover, this card covers zero liability protection on the loss of the card. To learn more about the card, kindly read the below-given features and benefits.
Bank of Baroda ( BoB ) Easy Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- No annual fee.
- Earn 5X reward points on selected merchant categories like groceries, departmental stores, movies, etc.
- Earn 1 reward point on other categories.
- Earn 0.5% cashback on payment of card bill.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
5X reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on selected merchant categories like movies, groceries, and departmental stores. 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent on other categories. 0.5 % cashback on card bill payment.
Accumulated reward points can be redeemed against cashback and other exciting options. 1 reward point is equivalent to Re. 0.25.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
It covers zero liability protection. To avail of this benefit, the cardholder has to inform the bank within 24 hours of the card loss or any other fraudulent transaction.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
Waiver of 1 % fuel surcharge on fuel transaction between Rs. 400 – Rs. 5000 at all petrol pumps all across India. The maximum transaction amount capped is at Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
Cash Advance Charge
At Domestic ATMs – 2.5% or Rs. 300
At International ATMs – 3% or Rs. 300
Add-on Card Fee
BoB Easy Credit Card Benefits and Features
The Easy Credit Card offered by Bank of Baroda is an entry-level credit card offering amazing rewards and benefits across various categories. The following are the details of the advantages that this credit card offers extends to its customers:
- This credit card offers accidental death cover to the primary credit cardholder.
- On this card, you get the benefit of zero liability on the lost card. The cardholder has to notify the bank within 24 hours about the loss of the card or any other fraudulent transactions.
- You can easily convert your purchase worth more than Rs. 2,500 into easy EMIs of 6/12 months.
Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card Rewards
The Reward rates offered with the BoB Easy Credit Card are as follows:
- For every Rs. 100 spent on select merchant categories namely movies, groceries, and departmental stores using this credit card, you will get 5x Reward Points.
- You can earn 5x reward points of up to 1000 in a month on selected merchant categories. After the capped limit exceeds, you will earn 1 reward point on further spending in that month.
- For every Rs. 100 spent on other categories, you will get 1 Reward Point.
- You earn 0.5% cashback on the payment of the card bill.
- The gathered reward points can be redeemed against cash-backs and other exciting options.
- The monetary value of 1 Reward Point is equal to Rs. 0.25.
BoB Easy Credit Card Fees and Charges
Following are the details of fees and charges with respect to Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card-
- You do not have to pay any joining and renewal fee on this credit card.
- A 3.25% interest rate is charged with the credit card on the overdue amount.
- 3.5% of the transaction amount has to be paid towards international transactions.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% subject to a minimum of Rs. 300 (at domestic ATMs) and 3% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 300 (at international ATMs).
Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria that need to be met if you would want to have BoB Easy Credit Card. These eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The applicant’s age should be above 21 years.
- The applicant should have a stable income source, i.e, they should either be salaried or self-employed.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history.
The following are the list of documents that you should have in hand when you apply for the Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID, Driving License, PAN Card, or Passport.
- Address Proof: Utility bills of the latest months, Aadhar Card, Passport, rent agreement or any other valid government-approved address proof.
- Proof of Income: Latest months’ bank statements/salary slips, or latest audited ITR.
How to Apply for a BoB Easy Credit Card?
The BoB Easy Credit Card can be applied both through online and offline modes. Follow these steps to apply for a credit card through the online method:
Step 1: Keep all the required documents handy.
Step 2: Go to www.bobfinancial.com official website.
Step 3: Select Apply for Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card. You’ll be redirected to an online application form.
Step 4: Fill in all the required details in the digital application form.
Step 5: Proceed further accordingly.
If you would like to apply through the offline method, visit the nearest bank branch, fill in the required forms and attach the necessary documents.
One can say that the Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card is a decent card. It is among some of the exclusive basic cards offered by BoB Financial, other cards being BoB Prime, BOB Premier Credit Card, etc. The Easy Card earns you 5 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on movies, groceries, and departmental stores. You also earn 1 reward point on other categories other than selected merchant categories. On spending Rs. 35000 in a billing cycle, your renewal fee will be waived. On the card bill payment, you earn a 0.5% cashback. This card entitles you to zero liability on the loss of the card. Once the capping limit of 5X reward points on selected merchant categories exceeds in a month, you start earning reward points on a regular earn rate in that month. Hence, this card is a good fit for retail shopping and anyone can afford it.
This was the BoB Easy Credit Card review from our side. Make sure to let us know your views on this in the comment section below!
3.5% of the transacted amount is charged ad a forex fee on this credit card.
3.25% p.m. is interest charges on this card.
The BoB Easy Credit Card is lifetime free.
No, there are no charges levied on this facility.
No, this card doesn’t provide you any travel benefits.