The Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card by Canara Bank is a lifetime free credit card. As is obvious from the name, the card is powered by the home-grown Payments Service Provider, RuPay. It is a reward points-based credit card and you earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent, with one reward point being equivalent to Rs. 0.25. With this card, you also get personal accidental death or permanent liability insurance benefits. Read on for more details on this offering by Canara bank.
Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- The Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card comes with no joining and an annual fee.
- 2 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on this card.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage up to Rs. 10 lakhs.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Earn 2 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on this card including on e-commerce transactions.
Redeem your reward points for buying products or paying for a service. 1 RP = Rs. 0.25
You get complimentary lounge access with this card
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Covers personal accident death and permanent liability insurance up to Rs. 10 lakhs
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable on timely reporting of card loss/theft.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% + taxes
1% fuel surcharge waiver
Cash Advance Charge
3% of the advance amount and is subject to a minimum of Rs. 30 per Rs. 1000.
Add-on Card Fee
Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card Rewards
- Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card entitles you to earn 2 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on this card including on e-commerce transactions.
- You can redeem your collected reward points for purchasing goods and services, and for cashback.
- For redeeming your reward points log in to www.canararewardz.com.
- 1 reward point is equivalent to Rs. 0.25.
- The minimum redeemable reward point limit for cashback is capped at 1000 reward points.
- The minimum redeemable reward point limit for the purchase of goods and services is capped at 100 reward points.
- The validity period for redeeming accumulated reward points is 3 years from the date of accrual.
- The Canara Bank covers death by personal accident and permanent disability insurance up to Rs. 10 lakhs on Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card.
- Canara bank provides zero liability protection on Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card to the cardholders.
- The cardholders will not be held liable for any unauthorized transaction exceeding transaction limit Rs. 1000 post the time of reporting the loss of card. (However, for transactions made prior to the time of reporting, the liability lies solely with the card member.)
Even though bring a basic credit card, the Canara Bank RuPay Select credit card not only offers a very high reward rate, the good part is, unlike many other credit cards in the market, this one by Canara bank allows encashment of the rewards points (i.e. the rewards points can be adjusted against your card’s outstanding balance). This card can be a good pick for someone who has just started their credit journey and plans to use the credit card primarily for shopping.
What do you think of this RuPay credit by Canara bank? Do let us know in the comments. And if you’re an existing cardholder, feel free to share your experience.
No, the Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card doesn’t provide any movie and dining benefits.
No, Canara Bank doesn’t provide golf benefits currently on Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card.
Canara Bank charges a 2.5% interest per month on Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card.
There is no joining and the annual fee on Canara Bank RuPay Select Credit Card.