In cashback category of the credit cards, HSBC Cashback Credit Card and Citi Bank Cashback Credit Cards are the two most popular one. Both of them are decent cards that provide exciting cashback offers to their cardholders, along with a variety of other offers and benefit in categories like dining, travel, and lifestyle expenses. HSBC Cashback Credit Card can provide benefits to those individuals who prefer transacting through online mode as it provides a good percentage of cashback on all your online spends. Not only cashback, but it also offers discounts while dining at a restaurant or while ordering meals through Zomato and Swiggy. The card comes with a renewal fee of Rs. 750 but initially there are no charges for joining. The renewal fee can also be waived off, decided on the basis of your expenditure with the card.
On the other hand, the Citi Bank Cashback Credit Card provides you with a decent percentage of cashback on your spends but provides you with accelerated cashback on some particular spends such as movie ticket bookings, utility, and telephone bill payments. This card also allows you a discount on your dining bills and flight ticket bookings. You have to pay joining and renewal fees of Rs. 500 to avail of the benefits of this credit card. Both credit cards are cash back credit cards but provide different cashback deals on the basis of where you are spending using your credit card. Let us discuss the features and benefits in detail that these cards provide to have a better understanding of them –
HSBC Cashback Credit Card
HSBC Cashback Credit Card is a beginners credit card which is very well suited for the new entrants. This cardholder gets enhanced reward points while making expenses on dinning, groceries, shopping, departmental store and movies, etc. As it is an entry level credit card, you are not entertained with luxurious benefits like airport lounge access. The card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 750 + taxes, the other feature presented by the card are mentioned below –
- You get the following benefits as a welcome gift if you are able to make a successful transaction of Rs. 1,000 using your HSBC Cashback Credit Card in the first month of the card issuance –
– 50% discount (maximum of Rs. 100) on your very first transaction with Google Pay
– Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500
– 3 meal vouchers or 3 complimentary domestic lounge access
- On purchase of 1 movie ticket on Saturdays, get another one absolutely free while booking through BookMyShow. Complimentary ticket price is max capped at Rs. 250.
- Enjoy a 15% off while dining at more than 1000 restaurants across India
- You can enjoy a cashback of 1.5% on all online transactions except wallet uploads.
- Get a cashback of 1% on all other transactions which include fuel transactions as well.
- 5% cashback (Maximum of Rs. 250) on transactions amounting to Rs. 1,000 or more
- The cashback will be credited to your account within 45 days of the card’s statement date.
Check here: HSBC Cashback Credit Card Review
Citi Cashback Credit Card
This Cashback Credit Card by Citi Bank provides you will exciting offers on your regular spends and accelerated cashback offers while spending on some particular categories. Not only cashback, but this card provides you with exciting deals over categories as well such as flight bookings. Another great feature of this credit card is that the cashback that you get is automatically adjusted against the credit card bill. The card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 500 + taxes with all the features and benefits listed below –
- An accelerated cashback of 5% by booking movie tickets with the help of Citi Cashback Credit Card. The benefit is max capped at Rs. 100 per month.
- Cashback of 5% on purchase of movie tickets and payment of phone bill.
- Cashback of 5% on payment of utility bills if paid through Citibank Online Bill Pay using Citi Cashback Credit Card.
- Up to 20% off on all your dining bills with the participating hotels across India.
- You are entitled to a cashback of 30% while ordering food through Zomato and Swiggy.
- Get a cashback of up to 15% on duty-free stores and 10% while making flights and hotel bookings with the help of MakeMyTrip
- You are also entitled to a fuel surcharge waiver of up to 1% at all Indian Oil outlets with a minimum transaction of Rs. 10.
- The cashback can be automatically adjusted against the credit card statement balance in multiples of Rs. 500
Check here: Citi CashBack Credit Card Review
Now that the features and benefits of both the cards are discussed separately, we must also take a quick look at the comparison table in order to take a right decision –
|HSBC Cashback Credit Card
|Citi Cashback Credit Card
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver
|On making a transaction of Rs. 1,000 through your card, you will get –
(Can be waived upon spending over Rs. 1,00,000 in a year)
Both the credit cards namely HSBC Cashback Credit Card and Citi Cashback Credit Card are decent credit cards and are best suited for the new entrants who just want to enjoy cashback on their purchases. Not only cashback, but you also get decent deals on travel, lifestyle, and dining categories. Both cards have quite affordable fees with respect to the cashback they offer. But the HSBC Cashback Credit Card does have an upper hand over the Citi Cashback Credit Card as it does not have any limit on the maximum cashback that you can get using this credit card whereas the Citi Cashback Credit Card has a limit on the monthly cashback i.e., Rs. 100 for each category. But also, Citi Cashback Card offers a higher reward rate on utility and telephonic bills. So, it ultimately depends on the customers’ needs and habits that which credit card they want to opt for.