HSBC’s cashback credit card can be the card of choice for those who’re fond of shopping online, as it gives you a cashback of 1.5% on all online spends (with the exception of wallet uploads). The card comes with no joining fee, however, there is an annual fee of Rs. 750. It welcomes you with exclusive benefits, such as a gift voucher from Amazon, complimentary airport lounge access, and a 50% discount on Google Pay. Since it’s a cashback card, you don’t have to worry about the redemption of rewards like you have to do in the case of reward points-based cards. The cashback is automatically credited back within 45 days of the card statement date.
But it’s not just about the cashback, you also get discounts on Swiggy (20% up to Rs. 100) and Amazon (5% up to Rs. 250) over and above the cashback benefit; also, the bank frequently keeps coming with offers and deals in partnership with many popular online shopping and travel portals like MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Croma, TATA CliQ, Big Basket, etc. As far as offline shopping is concerned, you get a cashback of 1% on all spends (including fuel purchases).
HSBC Cashback Credit Card
Best Suited For
- Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome gift.
- 50% discount on first transactions on Google Pay.
- Complimentary lounge access for the first year only.
- 5% cashback up to Rs. 250 on Amazon.
- 1.5% cashback on all online transactions (except payment wallet uploads).
- 1% cashback on all other transactions.
- Exclusive discount offers on Amazon and Swiggy.
- Up to 15% discount at over 1,000 restaurants across major cities in India.
- Exciting offers on popular online shopping and travel websites including MakeMyTrip, Croma, etc.
- Support for contactless payment with VISA Paywave technology.
Rewards and Benefits
Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500 and 3 complimentary domestic lounge access
Movie & Dining
Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movies on Saturdays & Up to 15% discount at over 1,000 restaurants across major cities in India.
1.5% cashback on online spends and 1% cashback on all other spends.
The cashback is credited back within 45 days of the card’s statement date.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Insurance cover worth Rs. 3,00,000 against misuse of the card from up to 24 hours prior to the time of reporting the loss of card.
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder is not liable for any fraudulent transaction made up to 24 hours prior to the time of reporting the loss of card.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee waived on expenditure of Rs. 1,00,000 in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% + GST on all foreign currency spends
3.49% per month (41.88% annually)
1% fuel surcharge is applicable
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
On making a transaction worth Rs. 1,000 within the first 30 days of card issuance, you get the following welcome gifts:
- An Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- 3 complimentary domestic lounge access or 3 meal vouchers.
- A discount of 50% (up to Rs. 100) on your first transaction on Google Pay.
HSBC Cashback Credit Card Rewards:
The Cashback credit card by HSBC rewards you in form of cashback. This cashback is credited back within 45 days of the card statement date. You get:
- 1.5% cashback on all online transactions, except online wallet uploads.
- 1% cashback on all other spends (including fuel purchases).
- 5% cashback (up to Rs. 250) on Amazon for transactions worth Rs. 1,000 or more.
- There is no limit to the cashback amount that you can earn in a given month.
- Enjoy Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movie ticket bookings through BookMyShow on Saturdays.
- The maximum price of the complimentary movie ticket is capped at Rs. 250 per ticket.
- You can avail 15% discount at 1,000 restaurants across major cities in India.
- The bank also frequently offers discounts and deals in partnership with online food delivery apps like Swiggy.
An insurance cover worth Rs. 3,00,000 against misuse of the card up to 24 hours prior to the time of reporting the loss of card in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
HSBC Cashback Credit Card Eligibility:
In order to be eligible for this credit card, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Age between 18 and 65 years.
- Minimum annual income of Rs. 4,00,000.
- A resident of any of the following cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, Pune.
You will need the following documents while applying for the card:
- An identity/address proof like Aadhar card, Voter card, etc
- PAN card/Form 60.
- A copy of the front of your existing credit card (if you have any).
- Salaried applicants need to submit their salary slips and a copy of their 3 months bank statement.
How to apply:
You can apply for HSBC credit cards by visiting the credit card page on their official website. Alternatively, you can call HSBC phone banking and they will revert to you as soon as possible. You can also visit your nearest HSBC branch with the required documents and apply for the card offline.
In case you need any assistance, or to report the loss of card, you may contact HSBC’s customer care at 18002673456 or 18001212208. These are toll-free numbers and are functional for general enquiries from 6:30 am to 8:40 pm. However, you can report the loss of card 24×7 on any of these numbers.
If online shopping accounts for a large majority of your credit card spends, this card is certainly worth considering. Also, you don’t have to worry about reward redemption as the cashback amount is automatically credited back within 45 days of the statement date. This makes things easier as you don’t have to be tied to specific brands for reward redemption. Do let us know your opinion of this card in the comment section. Also, if you’re an existing cardholder, feel free to share your experience.
The cashback amount is automatically credited back within 45 days of the card statement date.
Yes, you get an insurance cover of up to Rs. 3,00,000 against any unauthorized use of the card up to 24 hours prior to reporting the loss of card.
No, this is not a reward points based card. You only get cashback on your online/offline spends credited within 45 days of the card’s statement date.
Yes, this card supports contactless payments with Visa Paywave. No PIN is required for transactions of up to Rs. 5,000
Yes, you can get add-on card(s) and no fee is chargeable for the same.
Yes, you do get cashback on EMI transactions as well.
No. You can earn unlimited cashback (there is no upper limit).