HDFC Bank offers a plethora of reward points when it comes to shopping through your HDFC Bank Credit Card. The cardholders are rewarded with reward points to make spending through credit cards a better experience for them. Each of the credit cards that HDFC Bank offers, lets you earn numerous rewards points against the spends made using that card. The reward points hence earned are credited into your credit card account and you can redeem your HDFC Credit Card points whenever you feel like against various options available such as e-Vouchers of various brands, discount coupons, air miles, and even convert the reward points into cash.
HDFC Bank has partnered with various brands, food outlets, hotels, retail stores, airlines, etc to provide its customers with multiple options to redeem their HDFC credit card reward points. Keep reading the article to know more about how to earn these rewards points and further what are all the ways and products against which you can redeem the reward points that you have earned.
HDFC Credit Card Reward Points – How to earn
HDFC Bank credits your account with rewards points on every purchase that you make with your HDFC Bank Credit Card. These reward points vary from card to card and also the minimum spending amount for earning rewards points can be different from one card to another. Similarly, the reward points earned can be redeemed for cash value, or against products and vouchers that are available on the HDFC Bank Rewards Catalogue.
On the basis of the type of credit card that you own, you can strategize your expenses and earn maximum reward points.
The reward points can be generic and on the basis of your spending as well. For example- HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card lets you earn 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent through this card. (This is a generic reward point earning) but HDFC Bank Moneyback Credit Card lets you earn 4x Rewards Points for every Rs. 150 spent on online transactions using this card. (This is a spend-based reward point earning). Hence, you can first have detailed knowledge about the cards and then choose one on the basis of your spending behaviour. Keep reading to know how to use HDFC credit card reward points against several categories:
Credit Cards that provide generic reward points
These credit cards provide you with reward points for all the spends made through your credit card. Now we shall discuss those cards which will provide you with accelerated reward points depending on where you spend through your card –
|HDFC Bank Credit Card||Reward Points|
|HDFC Freedom Credit Card||
10x CashPoints while spending on Big Basket, BookMyShow, OYO, Uber & Swiggy
5x CashPoints on EMI spends at merchant locations
|HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card||2x Reward Points on all online spends|
|HDFC Bank Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card||10x Reward Points on shopping through partner brands|
These credit cards provide you generic rewards points but in addition, they provide you with reward points at an increased rate if the amount is spent in a particular category using these cards.
How to Redeem HDFC Credit Card points?
An important point to take care of in case of redemption of reward points is that these points are not valid for a lifetime. These points come with a validity period and hence should be redeemed within that time. Generally, HDFCBank credit card reward points are valid for redemption over a period of 2 years. Hence, you should check the Terms and Conditions page on HDFC Website to have a clear knowledge about the same.
The second important point to note is that you should have a minimum of 500 Reward Points in your account before you place a redemption request. You will not be able to redeem any reward points which are less than 500. We have the following options available in which the reward points can be redeemed –
- The earned reward points can be redeemed against the products and vouchers present in the HDFC Bank Rewards Catalogue. The products chosen will be delivered to your doorstep.
- The points can be converted into AirMiles and then can be used to buy air tickets.
- The points can also be redeemed against cash. The cash value of the reward points will be credited to your account.
The points so earned can be redeemed in 2 different ways – Through Online mode or Through Offline mode.
Online mode is the most sorted method of redeeming reward points. You do not have to call any customer care number or visit any bank branch to get your points redeemed.
Steps to redeem HDFC credit card reward points through online mode –
You will first have to register your credit card with HDFC Bank NetBanking in order to enable yourself to redeem the reward points that you have earned. Once you have registered yourself, you can follow the below-mentioned steps for redemption.
Against Products or Vouchers –
- Login to your HDFC Net Banking using your Customer Id and password
- Click on the ‘Cards’ tab after logging in to the portal
- Now go to the ‘Enquire Tab’ under the Credit Card option on the left-hand side of the page
- Select ‘Rewards Redemption’
- Select your credit card number and click continue. Once you click continue, you will be redirected to an Online Redemption Portal Home Page
- On the home page portal, click ‘Click on Redeem Reward Points’ and then select the number of reward points you want to redeem
- Select the product that you want from the pool of products available in respect of your reward points and add them to your shopping cart
- Mark a tick on the box mentioned against the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Redeem’ to complete your purchase.
Remember to note down the Redemption Order Number in case of any queries and complaints. The selected items will then be delivered to your communication address that is registered with the bank. If in case you want to change the address to which the products will get delivered, you will have to place a request with the HDFC Bank Credit Card Customer Care. If you had purchased a voucher with your reward points, make sure to redeem the voucher before its expiry date.
How to Redeem HDFC Credit Card Points in Mobile app?
If you want to use your HDFC Credit Card Reward points via the HDFC bank mobile app, you can proceed further for it as follows:
– Download the HDFC Bank mobile app on your device (if not already done).
– Register/login to the app using your credit card registered mobile number.
– Click on the option Cards.
– Select your Credit Card for which you want to redeem the reward points.
– Scroll down to the end of the page and click on ‘Redeem Reward Points.’
– Proceed further by selecting the category and number of reward points to redeem.
Steps to Redeem HDFC Credit Card Reward Points through offline mode
For the citizens who do not use net banking, credit card rewards can be redeemed through form as well. All you have to do is to download the Reward Redemption Form from HDFC Bank’s website. Take a printout of it and fill in all the required details. Finally, mention your name and date on the form and put your signature on the form. You can now post the filled form at the address mentioned on the form itself.
How To Check HDFC Credit Card Reward Points?
You can check your HDFC Bank Credit Card Reward Points via net banking or the HDFC Bank mobile app. You will have to follow a few simple steps as follows:
– Log in to the HDFC Bank internet banking website.
– Now, click on ‘Cards.’
– Under ‘Credit Cards,’ click on ‘Inquiry.’
– Select the card for which you want to check the reward points and continue.
– The number of Reward Points will be shown on your screen.
You can also check the number of your earned Reward Points by calling the HDFC Bank Credit Card customer care.
How to Convert HDFC Reward Points to Cash?
- Login to your HDFC Net Banking with your Customer Id and password
- Now select the ‘Cards’ Tab. After this go to the ‘Enquire’ Tab under the Credit Card option mentioned on the left side of the page
- Click on Rewards Redemption. Choose your credit card number and hit continue. You will then be redirected to the home page of Reward Redemption Portal
- Go to Reward Points and then select Cash Redemption.
- Select the number of points you want to redeem and click on Proceed
- The amount will hence be credited to your account within 7 working days.
Redemption Process For HDFC Bank Co-Branded Travel Credit Cards
HDFC Bank offers three co-branded travel credit cards in partnership with intermiles.com. These cards are: InterMiles HDFC Signature Credit Card, InterMiles HDFC Diners Club Credit Card, and InterMiles HDFC Platinum Credit Card.
The rewards earned from these co-branded credit cards are credited to your account in the form of InterMiles which can be redeemed against flight and hotel bookings and against various categories present on the InterMiles website such as products, dining, gift vouchers, etc. You are required to follow the below-mentioned steps to redeem your InterMiles :
- Login to www.intermiles.com using your registered mobile number
- Go to the option redeem miles
- You will find various options such as flight, hotels, fuel, vouchers, etc to redeem the miles that you have earned
- Select the option wherein you want to redeem your miles. The value of miles may differ from option to option.
Offering reward points for every purchase made through the HDFC Bank Credit Cards is one of the main features that the bank extends to its customers. The rewards points can be earned every time you swipe your card at a store or use it online for either purchasing grocery, or goods or shopping, dining, etc, and even for paying your bills. As easy as it is to earn the reward points, in the same manner, it is a very smooth process to redeem HDFC Credit Card Points. The points can be redeemed against various categories based on your convenience. You can even redeem your reward points for cash and can further use them to pay your bills.