HDFC Regalia Credit Card and HDFC Millennia Credit Card are two of the most popular credit cards by HDFC Bank in the lifestyle category. While the HDFC Regalia Card offers slightly more premium benefits and targets financially well-off individuals, Millennia Credit Card, as the name suggests, is targetted at young professionals and first-time jobholders, most of whom are millennials.
In this article, we will break down the features and benefits of both the credit cards one by one and then give you a quick comparison between the two, so that it becomes easier for you to decide which one suits your needs that best.
HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
HDFC Regalia Credit Card is one of the most popular credit cards in the lifestyle or sub-premium category in the Indian credit card market. It can be the card of choice for individuals in the middle to high-income group. The card offers a reward rate of up to 1.3% and many other add-on benefits like complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access, discount on dining bills, insurance benefits and a lower foreign currency mark-up fee. The membership fee of the HDFC Regalia Credit Card is Rs. 2,500 per annum.
Some of the key features of HDFC Regalia Credit Card are as under-
- You earn 4 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent with the HDFC Regalia Credit Card with 1 Reward Point valued at Rs. 0.20 to Rs. 0.50 depending upon the category of spends the Points are redeemed against.
- 15,000 bonus Reward Points as a milestone benefit on the expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 8 lakh in an anniversary year.
- Complimentary domestic (12 times a year or 3 times every quarter) and international airport lounge access with the Visa domestic lounge program and complimentary membership of the Priority Pass lounge access program.
- Lower foreign currency mark-up charge of 2% on international transactions.
- Renewal fee waiver on a minimum annual expenditure of Rs. 3 lakhs.
- Complimentary air accident cover worth up to Rs. 1 crore.
- 5% off when paying your bill at a restaurant that accepts Dineout Pay through the Dineout App for transaction of Rs. 1500 or above.
All these aforementioned features make HDFC Regalia Credit Card an attractive offering in the mid-level to sub-premium category. As far as the eligibility criteria is concerned, the income of salaried applicants must be at least Rs. 70,000 per month, and for self-employed applicants, the minimum income requirement is Rs. 8,40,000 per annum.
HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card
HDFC Bank recently revamped the Millennia credit card with an upgraded cashback program. As mentioned earlier, the Millennia Credit Card is tailored to suit the needs of young professionals. Keeping in mind the spending habits of the millennials, HDFC offers a higher reward rate on online spends on the Millennia Credit Card. HDFC Millennia Credit Card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 1 lakh which is waived off on a minimum annual expenditure of Rs. 1 lakh. Some of the salient features of the HDFC Millennia Credit Card are as under-
- HDFC Millennia Credit Card is offered in three variants- Visa, MasterCard and RuPay variants.
- You earn cashback as CashPoints which can be redeemed against the card’s statement balance, flight/hotel bookings, product purchases, or can be transferred as AirMiles to partner airlines’ frequent flyers program. The redemption value of CashPoints is highest on redemption of CashPoints for adjustment against the card’s statement balance.
- Millennia Credit Card earns you 5% cashback on partner e-commerce websites including popular brands like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, BookMyShow, etc. and 1% cashback on all other categories of spends. The maximum number of CashPoints that can be earned in a given month is capped at 1,000 CashPoints.
- You get 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access and 2 complimentary international airport lounge access every year with the Millennia credit Card.
- As a dining benefit, you can avail of up to 20% discount at partner restaurants with the complimentary membership of the Dineout Passport program.
- You get 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year (max 2 per quarter)with the Millennia credit Card.
To be eligible for HDFC Millennia Credit Card, salaried applicants must have a minimum income of Rs. 35,000 per month, while the minimum income requirement for self-employed applicants is Rs. 6,00,000 per annum.
The following table gives you a quick comparison between HDFC Regalia and HDFC Millennia Credit Cards-
|HDFC Regalia Credit Card||HDFC Millennia Credit card|
|Welcome/Renewal Benefits||2,500 Reward Points on joining, subject to realization of the membership fee||1,000 CashPoints as a welcome benefit on payment of the joining fee|
||Gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on quarterly spends of Rs. 1,00,000|
||20% discount at partner restaurants via Dineout|
As is clear from the comparison above, assuming that you are eligible for both the credit cards, HDFC Milennia Credit Card should be your pick if you spend a lot on online shopping, and particularly on HDFC partner e-commerce websites (which include big names like Amazon, Flipkart and Myntra) as you get quite a high cashback of 5%. Moreover, the CashPoints earned can be directly adjusted against your card’s statement balance with 1 CashPoint valued at Re. 1 (1:1 redemption ratio).
On the other hand, if you are a frequent flyer, especially to international destinations, Regalia Credit Card will suit you better as you not only get complimentary membership of the Priority Pass lounge access program but also a lower mark-up fee on foreign currency transactions. Both these cards are among the most popular and best credit cards in India, so either of those will be a great choice, provided that you have made your decision wisely.
Must Read: HDFC Millennia Credit Card Vs Regalia First