Looking for a credit card with traveling & lifestyle benefits? If yes, you’ve come to the right place. The HDFC Bank Regalia credit card comes with various travel and luxury rewards. With annual charges of Rs 2,500, this card welcomes you with 2,500 bonus Reward Points. The card has several advantages across different categories such as lifestyle, travel, and dining. It is one of the most popular Credit cards by HDFC with all such benefits.
To keep their promise of luxury & travel benefits, the HDFC Regalia Card provides you with free Airport Lounge Access within India as well as outside. You earn 4 Reward Points every time you spend Rs. 150 using the card and these points can be redeemed against an array of categories with a value of up to Re. 0.5 per point. Also, the card charges a very low foreign currency markup which makes it a best choice for the international transactions. The card comes with great dining benefits, 24X7 Concierge services and much more.
To know more, read the HDFC Regalia credit card review and its details below:
HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
Get up to 20% off on partner restaurants via Swiggy Dineout only when the payment is made through the Swiggy application.
4 reward points every time one spends Rs. 150.
1 RP = Rs. 0.5 for redemption against flights and hotel bookings on HDFC Smartbuy website, 1 RP = up to Rs. 0.35 if you want to redeem against vouchers and poducts, 1 RP = Rs 0.20 for cash back, and Air miles conversion at a value of 1RP = 0.5 air mile.
Complimentary Domestic and International Lounge Access. You get travel-related insurance benefits as well.
Domestic Lounge Access
8 free airport lounge access per year within India.
International Lounge Access
6 airport lounge access every year outside India through the Priority Pass.
Insurance cover worth Rs. 1 Crore against accidental air death and coverage of up to Rs. 15 lakhs against emergency hospitalization for overseas treatment.
Zero Liability Protection
You get zero liability protection cover up to Rs 9 lacs in case of misuse or loss of card.
Spend Based Waiver
Get the annual fee waived off (second-year onwards) by spending more than 3 lakh in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs 99 (plus applicable taxes)
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs 99 (plus applicable taxes)
Foreign Currency Markup
2% on all foreign currency transactions.
3.6% per month or 43.2% annually
1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations in India on a minimum of Rs. 400 transaction and a maximum of Rs. 5000 transaction.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- Welcome bonus of 2,500 Reward Points.
- 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 you spend on retail.
- Earn a total of 15,000 bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 8 lakhs in an anniversary year.
- Get up to 20% off on partner restaurants via Swiggy Dineout
- Complimentary membership to the Priority Pass program.
- 6 complimentary Lounge Access at airports outside India and 12 within India.
- Low international transaction charges of 2%.
- Renewal fee waived off on spending over 3 lakhs in the previous year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver capped at a maximum Rs. 500 per month
- Travel insurance benefit in case air accident worth up to Rs. 1 crore.
- Bonus reward points as welcome benefit and a high reward rate
- Low forex markup fee of 2%
- Complimentary domestic and international lounge access with Priority Pass membership
- Regalia Gold charges a similar joining fee and has better benefits and redemption options
- Several spend categories are excluded from earning reward points and points expire after 2 years from accrual date.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card – Key Highlights
|Best Suited For||Lifestyle and Travel|
|Joining/Annual Fee||Rs. 2,500|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum age – 21 years Minimum income – Rs. 1 Lakh per month|
|Benefits||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150|
|Lounge Access||8 complimentary domestic lounge access and 6 complimentary international lounge visits per year|
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Features and Benefits
The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card is among the topmost offerings by the HDFC Bank and hence comes with several exclusive benefits across different categories, including travel, reward programs, movie & dining, and many more. To understand all its features in detail, keep reading the information given below:
You get a welcome bonus of 2,500 Reward Points after successful realization of the joining fee for the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card.
- Assured 10,000 Reward Points on spending over Rs. 5 lakhs in the anniversary year under the card’s milestone spend benefits.
- An additional bonus of 5,000 Reward Points on spending over Rs. 8 lakhs in the anniversary year.
Domestic Lounge Access
You get complimentary access to the domestic airport lounges (airport lounges within India) 8 times every year (2 times every quarter) with this card. Also, exceeding the complimentary lounge access quota will be allowed at the discretion of lounge and will also be chargeable by the lounge.
International Lounge Access
- You get complimentary Priority Pass membership with 6 complimentary lounge visits outside India. All the visits post the complimentary visits will be chargeable at US $27 per person per visit.
- As soon as you complete a minimum of 4 retail transactions using your premium Regalia credit card, you can apply for the priority pass membership for yourself and add-on members.
Enjoy great dining benefits with the Good Food Trail program. Get up to 20% off on partner restaurants via Swiggy Dineout only when the payment is made through the Swiggy application.
|Insurance Cover||Cover Amount|
|Accidental death||Rs. 1 crore|
|Medical emergency cover||Rs. 15 lakhs|
|Lost Card Liability Cover||Rs. 9 Lakhs|
Read more about insurance benefits on the HDFC Bank’s website. All the benefits mentioned above are subject to terms and conditions levied by the HDFC Bank, read all terms and conditions carefully.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Other than all the reward points and lounge access benefits, the Regalia HDFC card also provides various other advantages such as a fuel surcharge waiver. 1% fuel surcharge is waived at all fuel stations in India on all transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 done with the HDFC Regalia Card, capped at a maximum benefit of Rs. 500 per month.
Joining and Renewal Fee Waiver
The annual fee for HDFC Regalia Card can be waived off if you spend Rs. 3 lakhs or more in the previous year.
Zero Liability Protection
Regalia HDFC Card comes with zero liability protection against a lost/stolen card according to which, you are not responsible for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost card if you report the loss of the card to the bank in a timely manner.
HDFC Regalia Card Reward Points
- On every retail spend of Rs. 150 spent, you get 4 Reward Points. You will not earn any reward points on Fuel, EasyEMI, wallet loading transactions.
- Earn accelerated RPs on travel and shopping spends on the SmartBuy platform (10x RPs for hotel/bus ticket bookings, 5x points on shopping from Amazon, on flight booking through Cleartrip and EasemyTrip, Redbus and on Apple Imagine and 3x points on shopping from Flipkart and Rail Tickets).
- Maximum accelerated reward points you can earn with Regalia are capped at 4,000 points per month.
- Insurance transactions are subject to capping of 2000 per day and grocery spends are capped at 2000 RPs per month.
- Reward points are not accrued on rental, property management, and government spends.
- The reward points expire after 2 years from the date of accumulation.
- If the transaction is converted to EMI, the reward points earned on that transaction would get reversed.
- If the card isn’t used for 1 year, all the reward points earned would get nullified.
HDFC Regalia Reward Points Redemption
The reward points can be redeemed on the Smartbuy portal or through Netbanking –
- 1 RP = Rs 0.5 for redemption against flights and hotel bookings,
- 1 RP = Rs 0.35 for redemption against products and vouchers,
- 1 RP = Rs 0.20 for cash backs, and Air miles conversion at a value of
- 1RP = 0.5 air mile for airmiles conversion
Reward points redemption for hotel/flight bookings via Smartbuy is capped at 50000 RPs per month.
Reward points redemption against card statement balance is capped at 50000 RPs per month.
For select vouchers and products, you can redeem reward points for up to 70% value and the remaining amount must be paid using your credit card.
The HDFC Bank charges a reward redemption fee of Rs. 99 on every redemption request.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Fees and Charges
The fees and charges associated with the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card are as follows:
- Joining Fee: HDFC Bank charges Rs. 2,500 (plus applicable taxes) as the joining fees for the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card.
- Annual Fee: HDFC Bank charges an annual fee of Rs. 2,500 (plus applicable taxes) for HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card.
- Interest Rate: An interest rate of 3.6% per month (43.2% annually) is applicable on the due amount on the card if the cardholder is unable to clear all the dues by the payment due date.
- Forex Mark-up Fee: A foreign currency mark-up fee of 2% (plus applicable taxes) of the transaction amount is applicable on all foreign currency transactions made with HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card.
- Cash Advance Charges: A charge of 2.5% of the amount withdrawn or flat Rs. 500 (whichever is higher) is applicable on the cash advance transactions made on HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation
Before applying for any card, it is really essential to check for its eligibility criteria so that your application doesn’t get rejected. The same should be followed with the Regalia Credit Card. The age and income eligibility criteria required in order to apply for the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit card are given below in the table:
|Salaried Employees||Self-Employed Individuals|
|Age||21 years to 60 Years||21 years to 65 Years|
|Income||Minimum Rs. 1 Lakhs per annum||Minimum Rs. 12 Lakhs per annum|
Other than this, the bank may have some internal eligibility criteria, which would be considered while approving or rejecting your application for the Regalia credit card. For example, fulfilling only the age and income criteria won’t be enough, but you should also have a good credit history.
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, Voters Id, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, etc.
- Address Proof – Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Utility Bills, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Income Proof – Latest salary slips, latest bank statement, latest ITR, pension book, etc.
How To Apply For Regalia Credit Card?
You can apply for Regalia Credit Card online as well as offline according to your comfort. If you want to apply offline, you can simply visit your nearest branch with all the required documents and fill in the physical application form for a card. However, if you prefer online methods, you can follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Click on the Apply Now button on the top of this page.
- You will be redirected the official bank website.
- Fill in all the required details and upload the required documents in order to complete the process.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Activation and PIN Generation
- The easiest way to generate a PIN for your card is to do it via internet banking. You will easily find the option to generate or change your card’s PIN under the section Manage your card.
- Another way to activate your card is to do it via ATM. You can go to your nearest ATM and find an option to activate your card and generate its PIN from the main menu of the ATM.
How To Check HDFC Regalia Card Application Status?
To check your credit card application status online, you can simply visit the application tracking page of HDFC Bank. Enter your mobile number and any one of these: your application reference number, application form number, or date of birth. You will be able to see your application status on the screen in seconds.
If you don’t prefer online methods, you can do the same by visiting your nearest branch and asking the bank executives about the status of your HDFC Regalia Card application. It will be quite a time-taking process, but they will provide you with the required information for sure.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Limit
The Regalia Credit Card generally comes with a credit limit of Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs. You may get a lower credit limit in the beginning but if you keep using your card regularly and responsibly, the card issuer will increase your credit limit after a certain period of time.
However, if you are not happy with the credit limit that you have got with your Regalia credit card, you can ask your card issuer to give you a higher credit limit. The simplest way to get this done is to contact customer care and make them understand why you need a higher credit limit. The bank will definitely increase your limit if you would be an eligible customer.
HDFC Regalia Credit Card Bill Payment
There are a lot of ways in which you can pay your HDFC Regalia Credit Card bill and the following are a few of them:
- Log in to your internet banking account and click on the option ‘Credit Card payment’ under the section credit card. This is one of the simplest ways to pay your card bill, provided that you have access to the internet and mobile.
- the HDFC bank mobile app also provides you with an option to make your credit card bill payment. You can simply find the option of credit cards under the section ‘Pay’ and make the payment successfully.
- The HDFC Bank bill desk portal is also an easy and quick option to pay your HDFC Regalia card bill.
- If you are having a savings account in a bank other than the HDFC bank, you can make the payment via NEFT by entering your credit card number as the account number.
- If you use wallet-based apps like Paytm, PhonePe, etc, you can pay your credit card bill through them.
- Other than all these online methods, there are a few offline methods as well, which include paying the credit card bill via ATM, via Cheque, or Cash by visiting the branch.
HDFC Regalia Login / Internet Banking
To register your HDFC Regalia credit card online for internet banking, you will have to follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the HDFC Bank’s official website.
- Scroll down and under the section, ‘Ways to Bank,’ click on Online Banking.
- Now, you will see an option ‘Credit Card Net Banking.’
- Click on ‘Register Online.’
- Proceed further and fill in all the required details.
How To Block Regalia HDFC Credit Card?
In emergency situations, you might want to get your credit card blocked instantly. Keeping this in mind, the HDFC Bank provides you with several ways to block your HDFC Regalia card, which are as follows:
- Log in to your credit card internet banking account and search for an option to block your card. You can find the option under credit card hostlisting. You will simply need to explain the reason for blocking your card and you can get it blocked in seconds.
- You can also contact your credit card customer care and ask them to block your card. They will ask you a few questions and details in order to verify that it’s really you and will get your card blocked instantly.
- Another way to do it is to visit your nearest branch and ask the bank executives you block your card. However, you should always prefer the above two methods, but this method can work for people who don’t have access to the internet or mobiles.
HDFC Regalia Customer Care
Sometimes, you might want to connect to HDFC Regalia credit card customer care. For doing so, you must be aware of how you can contact customer care in different ways. Following are a few easiest ways in which you can connect to HDFC Bank Credit Card customer care if you need any assistance:
- For any emergency assistance related to your HDFC Regalia Card, you can connect to customer care on their 24*7 helpline number, which is 1800 266 4332.
- If you prefer writing emails over calling someone, you can write and send your queries to [email protected].
Cards Similar To HDFC Regalia
|Benefits||HDFC Regalia Credit Card||HDFC Regalia First Credit Card||HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 2,500||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Rewards Rate||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150||
||Gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 under the milestone benefits.|
Is This The Right Card For You?
Choosing the right credit card is not so easy as it seems to be. Sometimes people randomly apply for a credit card without actually doing research on its features, fees & charges, etc, which is not a good decision at all. If you are thinking of applying for the Regalia Credit Card, you must have a reason why you are applying for this. Firstly, you must understand what are the categories where you spend the most and then look for cards that come with the maximum benefits in those categories. Even this is not enough, but you should compare different credit cards after that and go with the one that seems to be the most suitable for you.
The HDFC Bank Regalia Card would be the right choice for you if you know how to use a credit card responsibly and you want cards that provide several benefits, including reward programs, travel privileges, movie & dining benefits, and many more as mentioned above. You must make sure that you really need all these benefits because this is what you are paying an annual fee for.
Who Should Apply for the Credit Card
Among the most premium cards in the country, the HDFC Bank Regalia is a popular card offering benefits and privileges across several spend categories. If you make regular transactions with your credit card, then you can earn lots of reward points with this credit card. If you travel frequently, then you can enjoy the complimentary lounge access, low forex markup fee, and other exclusive perks on offer for the cardholder.
If you are looking for more benefits then at a similar joining fee, you can even look at the HDFC Diners Club range of cards that also provide great privileges to the cardholder. Look at all the available options and choose the one that matches your spending habits.
The HDFC Bank Regalia credit card is a stylish premium credit card that offers unique benefits and exciting travel offers. Talking about its features, the 2,500 reward points you get on joining, can be used as Rs. 1,250 for travel/hotel bookings. Other than that, you keep earning these points on all your spends and can redeem them against products/categories of your choice.
Apart from reward offers, this card also provides other exclusive benefits like airport lounge access, dining benefits, fuel surcharge waiver, insurance benefits, etc. So, choosing the HDFC Regalia credit card will never be a mistake if it suits your requirements.
What do you think about the HDFC Regalia credit card review shared by us? Do share your opinions in the comments section below.
1 RP = Rs. 0.5 for redemption against flights and hotel bookings on HDFC Smartbuy website, 1 RP = up to Rs. 0.35 for redemption against products and vouchers, 1 RP = Rs 0.20 for cash, and Air miles conversion at a value of 1RP = 0.5 air mile.
Yes, the HDFC Regalia Credit Card can be used internationally. It also comes with a low forex markup fee of 2% only.
You can redeem HDFC Regalia Reward Points by following a few steps as mentioned below:
- Login to your Internet Banking account and go to the ‘Credit Cards’ section.
- Register your card for online banking if not already done.
- Find and select the option ‘Redeem Reward Points.’
- Select the Regalia Credit Card and continue.
- Choose the category and add your items to the cart.
- Continue & redeem your points.
To get the this card, you will have to apply online or offline for the same. You can apply for HDFC Regalia Credit Card online by following these simple steps:
- Visting the official website of HDFC bank.
- Under the section ‘Personal,’ select ‘Pay.’
- Click on ‘Cards.’
- Select ‘Credit Card.’
- Click on HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card and apply online.
You can also apply offline for the HDFC Regalia card by visiting your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
Yes, you get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access and 6 complimentary international lounge access with the HDFC Regalia card.
To activate your HDFC Regalia Credit Card, you can choose one of the following ways:
- Through Net Banking – You can easily activate your HDFC Regalia Credit Card by logging into your net banking account. Just find and select the ‘credit cards’ section and choose ‘Generate Credit Card PIN.’
- Through ATM – You can also activate your Regalia credit card on your nearest HDFC Bank ATM by choosing the ‘Create new PIN option.’ Enter the OTP you have received on your registered mobile number and activate your card by creating the PIN.
- Through the PIN sent by the bank – After successful approval of your application, the HDFC Bank sends a 4-digit PIN along with your credit card. You can use this PIN for the first time to activate your card and change it after that for security purposes.
The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit card’s credit limit generally lies between Rs. 2 to Rs. 5 lakhs.
You can apply for the Priority Pass after completing 4 successful retail transactions using your HDFC Bank Regalia credit card.
For queries related to HDFC cards, including the Regalia Credit card, you can contact customer care by calling their 24*7 helpline number: 1800 266 4332.
No, the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card is not free. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500.