Being the two topmost credit card issuers in India, the HDFC Bank & SBI Card, offer a number of credit cards with exclusive benefits in different categories. When talking about entry-level credit cards, the SBI SimplyClick Credit Card is one of the most popular cards in the Indian market and a card that is in direct competition with the SBI SimplyClick is the MoneyBack Plus Credit Card issued by the HDFC Bank. Both the cards come with a low annual fee of Rs. 500 and provide their customers with a lot of exclusive saving opportunities.
As both the cards are entry-level, these don’t offer many premium benefits like complimentary lounge access, golf privileges, etc, but you can save a lot on all your purchases with these cards. Moreover, the milestone benefits of the cards allow you to earn complimentary gift vouchers every year. The advantages of these two cards might seem to be almost the same and that is the reason why a lot of individuals are often confused while choosing one of these cards. To help you out, we are here with this comparison article that will make it easier for you to compare both cards on the basis of their features and choose the right one:
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
The HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card is an entry-level credit card issued by the bank, which becomes a great choice for a lot of individuals due to its affordable annual fee and exclusive benefits. It comes with a very nominal annual fee of Rs. 500 and offers 500 Cash Points to its customers on joining the card membership. This card earns you up to 20 cash points on every Rs. 150 you spend and these cash points can be redeemed against several options of your choice. The HDFC MoneyBack Plus Card has a lot of other advantages as well. To know all of them, refer to the following points:
- You earn 500 Cash Points as a welcome gift.
- You earn 2 Cash Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- You earn 5x Cash Points on EMI transactions at selected merchant outlets.
- You earn 10x Cash Points Flipkart, Amazon, Big Basket, Swiggy, and Reliance Smart Store.
- The Cash Points under the 5x and 10x categories are capped at 2,500 points each, per month.
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against statement cash, product catalog, and travel-related bookings on Smartbuy.
- Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a quarter.
- Get up to a 15% discount on dining at over 2,000 restaurants in India.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver (capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle) on all fuel transactions.
- The annual fee is waived off if you spend Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
SBI SimplyClick Credit Card
The SBI SimplyClick Credit Card is a basic and one of the most popular offerings of the SBI Card. It charges an annual fee of Rs. 500 and welcomes its customers with an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500. With this card, you can earn up to 10 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100. Other than this, you can earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone with this card. To understand detailed features and benefits of the SimplyClick SBI Card, go through the below-mentioned points:
- You get an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome gift.
- You earn 1 Reward Point on every offline spend of Rs. 100 with this card.
- You earn 5x Reward Points on all online spends.
- You earn 10x Reward Points on partner brands, including Amazon, BookMyShow, Netmeds, Cleartrip, Apollo 24*7, etc.
- The accelerated (5x and 10x) points are capped at 10,000 points per month.
- You earn a Cleartrip voucher worth Rs. 2,000 for every Rs. 1 lakh spent in an anniversary year (you can earn vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 per year).
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions. The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 100 per month.
- The annual fee is waived off if you spend Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
Comparison Between HDFC Money Plus Credit Card & SBI SimplyClick Credit Card
|Benefits||HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card||SimplyClick SBI Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500||Rs. 500|
|Welcome Benefits||500 Cash Points||Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500.|
|Rewards Rate||2 Cash Points on every Rs. 150 spent.
5x Cash Points on all EMI spends at merchant outlets.
10x Cash Points on partner brands, including Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Big Basket, Reliance Smart Store, etc.
|1 Reward Point on every offline spend of Rs. 100.
5x Reward Points on all online spends.
10x Reward Points on partner brands, including Amazon, Cleartrip, Netmeds, BookMyShow, Apollo 24*7, etc.
|Reward Redemption||1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings on SmartBuy, products, and vouchers, and statement balance.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.|
|Movie & Dining Benefits||Up to 15% discount on dining at over 2,000 participating restaurants.||Accelerated Reward Points on BookMyShow.|
|Additional Benefits||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year under the milestone benefits.
Get annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 in the previous year.
|Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 every year under the milestone benefits.
Get annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 1 lakh in the previous year.
After comparing all the features of benefits of the two cards, you might have decided which card are you going to choose. None of the two cards can be termed as best for every individual, but everyone can have a different choice on the basis of their requirements and spending habits. However, there is slightly any difference between the benefits of the two cards, but you should check for their brands. Think carefully about which brands you spend the most on, and apply for a card accordingly.
Talking about the welcome benefits of the cards, the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Card offers you 500 Cash Points, which are equivalent to Rs. 125, but the SimplyClick Card welcomes you with a gift voucher worth Rs. 500. So, the SBI SimplyClick Card can be considered better in terms of welcome benefits, but you should not decide to choose a card only on the basis of welcome benefits but make sure to compare all the other factors as well. If you love to watch movies, the SimplyClick SBI Card will be a better option for you as it earns you 10x Reward Points on BookMyShow. Similarly, if you shop frequently on Flipkart, you must consider the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, so that you can earn 10x Reward Points on the same. This is how you can choose the right card according to your needs. In case of any further doubts, make sure to write to us in the comment section below!