The HDFC Bank Credit Cards are among the most popular and desired cards in the market as the bank issues a lot of credit cards keeping different categories in mind. From basic to super-premium, you can find every type of credit card in HDFC Bank’s portfolio. A lot of individuals look for basic credit cards, which can provide them with some great benefits at a low annual fee. Two of such credit cards issued by the HDFC Bank are: HDFC Regalia First Credit Card & HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card. Both the cards are basic, but there are a lot of differences between their features. Now, with these two options, you might get confused about which one should you go for. Before making a decision randomly or just on the basis of an annual fee, you must check all the features of the cards. However, the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card comes with a higher annual fee as compared to the MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, but it also provides you with exciting travel benefits, including complimentary lounge access, which is not offered by the MoneyBack Plus Card.
On the other hand, the MoneyBack Plus Credit Card offers a better reward rate than the Regalia First Card. So, regardless of a higher fee, the Regalia First Credit Card can be considered a better option for people who travel very often and want to make their travel experiences more luxurious. Similarly, the MoneyBack Plus Credit card is a better choice for those who don’t have many traveling needs, but just want to save more & more on their spending. Not only this but there are several other factors, based on which, you can make your decision. To make it easier for you to make the right choice, we are here with this comparison article between the HDFC MoneyBack Plus and HDFC Regalia First Credit Card:
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
The HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card is an entry-level credit card issued by the bank. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 500 and earns you 500 bonus Cash Points as a welcome benefit. With this card, you can earn up to 20 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150. Moreover, the card gives you an opportunity to earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone. Talking about dining privileges, you can save up to 15% on dining using this credit card. To know all its features in detail, refer to the below-mentioned points:
- Get 500 bonus Cash Points as a welcome and renewal gift.
- 2 Cash Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- 5x Cash Points on EMI transactions at selected merchant outlets.
- 10x Cash Points on partner brands, including Flipkart, Amazon, Big Basket, Swiggy, and Reliance Smart Superstore.
- You can get a gift voucher worth Rs. 500 every quarter on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a quarter.
- Get a 15% discount on dining across more than 2,000 restaurants.
- The annual fee of Rs. 500 is waived off if you have spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions using this card.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
The HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card is one of the popular basic credit cards issued by the bank. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 1,000 and provides its customers with an activation bonus of 1,000 Reward Points. The cardholders earn Reward Points on all their spending and they can redeem their earned points against an array of options of their choice. Other than rewards, you also get complimentary airport lounge access, an insurance cover against air accidents, lost card liability cover, and many more benefits. Talking about its dining benefits, you can avail of up to 30% discount at over 2,000 restaurants across the country. Moreover, you can earn up to 7,500 bonus reward points every year by achieving the spend milestone. To understand the detailed benefits of the card, refer to the following information:
- Get 1,000 bonus reward points as a welcome & renewal benefits.
- Earn 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- Get a cashback of up to 5% on SmaryBuy spends.
- Earn 5,000 bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 3 lakhs in a year.
- Earn 2,500 additional bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 6 lakhs or more in a year.
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership with 3 complimentary international lounge access every year.
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year (capped at 2 visits per quarter).
- Get 2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
- Get an insurance cover worth Rs. 50 lakhs against accidental air death.
- Get a credit liability cover worth Rs. 5 lakhs.
- The annual fee of Rs. 1,000 is waived off if you have spent Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
- A low foreign currency markup fee of 2% only.
Comparison Between HDFC MoneyBack Plus & HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
|Benefits||HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card||HDFC Regalia First Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500||Rs. 1,000|
|Welcome Benefits||500 Cash Points||1,000 Reward Points|
2 Cash Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
5x Cash Points on EMI transactions
10x Cash Points on partner brands, including Amazon, Big Basket, Flipkart, etc.
|4 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent|
|Reward Redemption||1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against flight & hotel bookings, product catalog, and statement cash.||
1 RP = Rs 0.3 for redemption against flights and hotel bookings.
1 RP = Rs 0.25 for redemption against products and vouchers,
1 RP = Rs 0.15 for adjustment against the card’s statement balance.
Gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 on achieving the spend milestone.
Annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a year.
Up to 7,500 bonus reward points on spending Re. 6 lakhs or more in a year.
8 complimentary domestic and 3 international airport lounge access every year.
The annual fee is waived off on spending Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
Also Check: HDFC Regalia vs HDFC Regalia First Credit Card.
After comparing the two cards on the basis of different factors, you might have come to a decision of which card are you going to choose. The first thing to do here is to analyze your spending behavior. Understand what are the categories, on which you spend the most. After that, compare all the features, benefits, fees & charges of the credit cards that seem to suit your requirements. The annual fee should never be the only factor that you consider while comparing two or more credit cards. Sometimes, credit cards with a lower joining fee might be more beneficial for you, and sometimes, the higher joining fee of a credit card might be worth it. Talking about these two credit cards, you should go with the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card if you frequently travel via flight or if you make international transactions very often as it comes with complimentary airport lounge access and a lower forex markup fee as well. And you should choose the MoneyBack Plus Credit Card if you don’t have much to do with travel, but you want to save more on shopping.
If you still have any sort of doubts in your mind, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!