The HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card can be considered a superior version of the HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card, which was issued earlier by the bank. Although both the cards come with a similar joining & annual fee (Rs. 500), the MoneyBack+ card provides a higher reward rate. With this card, you can earn up to 20 CashPoints on every Rs. 150 you spend. These CashPoints can be redeemed against the card’s statement balance, product catalog, Airmiles, and several more options. Not only cashback, but you can also get gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 on achieving the stipulated spend milestones.
Talking about the dining benefits that the card offers, you can enjoy a discount of up to 15% on dining across over 2,000 premium restaurants in the country. The HDFC MoneyBack Plus card allows its customers to save in a lot more ways, such as fuel surcharge waiver, spend-based annual fee waiver, etc. To understand the card’s features in detail, go through the complete HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Review given below:
HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
- 500 CashPoints as a welcome benefit on joining the card membership.
- 2 CashPoints per Rs. 150 spent with the card (except fuel, wallet reloads, prepaid card reloads and voucher purchases).
- 5X CashPoints on EMI spends at select merchant outlets.
- 10X CashPoints on partner brands including Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance Smart Store, Big Basket and Swiggy.
- Gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spends of Rs. 50,000 in a calendar quarter (max benefit of Rs. 2,000 in a year).
- Up to 15% off on dining at over 2,000 premium restaurants in select cities.
- Annual renewal fee waived off on an annual expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 50,000.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all filling stations across the country.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Up to 15% off on dining at over 2,000 premium restaurants.
2 CashPoints per Rs. 150 spent on retail purchases, 5X CashPoints on EMI transactions at select merchants, 10X CashPoints on partner brands.
CashPoints redeemable for cashback, purchasing products, flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy and partner airlines’ AirMiles
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any fraudulent transaction made with the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee waived on the expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 50,000 in the preceding year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5 % of the transacted amount
3.6% per month (or 43.2% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waived off at all fuel stations across India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount (subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Features and Benefits
HDFC MoneyBack+ Card, just like the original MoneyBack Card, is among the popular cashback credit cards in the Indian market. You earn cashback as CashPoints on all categories of spends with the card. Apart from earning CashPoints, the card also offers a few other benefits like gift vouchers (on achieving the stipulated spend milestones), dining discounts, fuel surcharge waiver, etc.
- You get 500 Cash points as a welcome gift after successful payment of the joining fee.
- You also get 500 Cash points every year on card renewal.
You get a gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a calendar quarter.
You get a discount of up to 15% on dining across more than 2,000 premium restaurants on paying through your MoneyBack Plus Credit Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The 1% fuel surcharge is waived off for all fuel transactions when you pay using your HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card. The maximum surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle for this card.
Spend-Based Renewal Fee Waiver
The renewal fee of Rs. 500 is waived off if you spend Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
HDFC Bank MoneyBack+ Credit Card Reward Points/Cashback
- You get 2 Cash Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- You get 5x Cash Points (10 CPs per Rs. 150) on EMI spends at selected merchant locations. The maximum cash points under this category are capped at 2,500 points per month.
- You get 10x Cash Points (20 CPs per Rs. 150) on your spends on Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket, Reliance Smart Superstore, and Swiggy. The bonus cash points under this category are capped at 2,500 points per month.
- These cashpoints are valid for 2 years from the date of accrual.
- No Cash Points are accrued on fuel transactions, wallet reloads, and voucher purchases.
Reward Points/Cashback Redemption
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against statement cash. The points can be redeemed against cash credit by login into your net banking account and you should have a minimum of 500 Cash Points.
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings on Smartbuy. Only up to 50% of the booking can be done through the cash points and the rest has to be paid through the cardholder’s account.
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against product catalog.
- 1 Cash Point = 0.25 AirMile for redemption against Airmiles.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Fees and Charges
- The annual fee of the HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card is Rs. 500. This annual fee can be waived off from the second year if you have spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
- The interest rate on this credit card is 4.6% per month and 43.2% annually.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the MoneyBack Plus Card is 3.5% on all foreign currency transactions.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the cash amount withdrawn subject to a minimum of Rs. 500. This fee is charged when you withdraw cash using your MoneyBack Plus Card.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
The following table illustrates the income-based and age-based eligibility criteria for the HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit card-
- The age of salaried individuals should be between 21 years to 60 years, with a minimum income of Rs. 20,000 per month.
- The age of self-employed individuals should be between 21 years and 65 years, with a minimum annual income of Rs. 6 lakhs.
- The applicant should have a decent credit score.
The documents required to apply for the HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card are as follows:
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voters’ Id, Passport, Driving Licence, etc.
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Utility bills, Passport, Driving Licence, etc.
- Income Proof – Latest 3 months’ salary slips/bank statements, and latest ITR.
How to apply for HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card
You can apply for HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card online by visiting the credit card application page on the back’s website. You will need to submit a few documents including salary slips/ITR return acknowledgment, identity proof, and proof of residence for your application to be processed.
Alternatively, you may also visit one of the HDFC branches and complete the application process offline as guided by the back officials.
Check Application Status
If you have already applied for the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, you can check the status of your application as mentioned below:
- Visit the HDFC Bank credit card’s application tracking page and check your application status by entering all the required details.
- Contact your credit card customer care and ask the bank officials about the status of your application. They will ask you for a few details and then you will get to know about the progress in your application.
- You can also do the same by visiting your nearest branch and asking the bank officials about your application status.
Money Back Plus Credit Card Limit
The credit limit that is assigned to the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Cardholders has not been disclosed by the HDFC Bank as there is no fixed limit for everyone and it varies for different cardholders. The factors that affect your credit card limit include your credit score, past payment history, income, etc. If you are a high-income individual or you have an excellent credit score, you will get a higher credit limit as compared to those having a low score. If you have got a lower credit limit, you should try building a good score and apply for a higher credit limit. You can do this either by contacting your bank’s customer care, by filling the online application form for card up-gradation, or by visiting the branch.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
You can activate your HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card by any of the following methods:
- You can generate the PIN of your credit card via an ATM. Just visit an HDFC Bank ATM nearest to you and find an option of Credit Card PIN Generation from the main menu of the ATM.
- Log in to your HDFC Bank internet banking account and under the Credit Cards section, you can generate the PIN of your credit card under the ‘Manage Your Card’ option.
- You can also do the same by contacting your credit card customer care. Just call them and ask them to assist you with your credit card PIN generation.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Bill Payment
To make the bill payment of your HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, you can follow any of the below-mentioned methods:
- Visit the HDFC Bank’s billdesk page, enter the required credit card information and proceed further to pay the bill.
- Log in to your HDFC Bank internet banking account and pay your credit card bill under the section ‘Credit Card Payment.’
- If you have a savings account in a bank other than HDFC Bank, you can pay your credit card bill via NEFT.
- You can also use digital payment services apps like Paytm, PhonePe, etc, to make your credit card bill payment.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Card Login / Net Banking
To register your HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card for internet banking, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC Bank.
- Scroll down and under the section ‘Ways to Bank’ and click on ‘Online Banking.’
- Click on the option ‘credit card net banking’ and then ‘Register online.’
- Fill in the required information and proceed further.
HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card Customer Care
- For any emergency-related assistance related to your HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, you can call on the 24*7 helpline number, which is 1800 266 4332.
- To send your queries via email, you can contact the HDFC Bank credit card customer care on [email protected].
Cards Similar To HDFC MoneyBack Plus
|Benefits||HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card||Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card||SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card||SimplySAVE SBI Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500||Rs. 500||Rs. 499||Rs. 499|
|Rewards Rate||2 Cash Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
5x Cash Points on EMI transactions made at merchant outlets.
10x Cash Points on partner brands, including Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Big Basket, and Reliance Smart Store.
|4 Edge Rewards on every spend of Rs. 200.||1 Reward Points on every offline spend of Rs. 100.
5x Reward Points on online spends.
10x Reward Points on online spends on partner brands.
|1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100.
10x Reward Points on groceries, movies, dining, and departmental stores.
|Reward Redemption||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption on SmartBuy.
1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against statement balance.
|1 Edge Reward = Re. 0.20 for redemption against various options at the Edgerewards portal.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products, vouchers, and cashback.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against product catalog and statement balance.|
|Additional Benefits||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.||Complimentary SonyLiv subscription.
Complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
|Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.||N/A|
With its great reward offers and redemption options, the HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card can be considered a great card for regular spends. Being one of the basic yet popular HDFC Credit Cards, it provides you with an amazing reward rate (up to 3.33%) and hence you can save a lot. Other than the regular cash points (2 on every Rs. 150), you can earn up to 5,000 bonus cash points every month. Moreover, you can earn exciting gift vouchers every quarter and get your renewal fee waived off on the basis of your annual spends. All these basic but amazing features of this card make it worth trying. If you are looking for a credit card to manage your everyday expenses, this card would be a significant choice. After going through this HDFC MoneyBack Plus review given above, what do you think of this card? Let us know in the comment section below!
The annual fee of the HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card is Rs. 500 plus applicable taxes.
For redemption against statement balance, the value of 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for the HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card.
Yes, the benefit through the fuel surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle for this card.
Yes, you get 500 bonus cash points every year on payment of the renewal fee.
The ATM withdrawal charges for this credit card are: 2.5% of the withdrawn amount or a minimum of Rs. 500.