The HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card can be regarded as a superior version of the HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card, that was issued earlier by the HDFC bank. Although both the MoneyBack cards come with a similar joining & annual fee (Rs. 500), the MoneyBack+ card provides a higher reward rate. With the MoneyBack Plus Card, for every spend of Rs. 150 you can earn up to 20 cash points. These CashPoints are redeemable against the card’s outstanding balance, product catalog, Airmiles, and several more options. Not only cashback, but you can also get gift vouchers that are worth up to Rs. 2,000 on reaching the stipulated spend milestones.
Talking about the dining benefits that the card offers, you can enjoy a discount of up to 15% on dining across over 2,000 premium restaurants in the country. The HDFC MoneyBack Plus card allows its customers to save in a lot more ways, such as fuel surcharge waiver, spend-based annual fee waiver, etc. To understand the card’s features in detail, go through the complete HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Review given below:
HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
- 500 CashPoints on activating the card as a welcome gift.
- 2 CashPoints for every Rs. 150 you spend with the card (except fuel, wallet reloads, prepaid card reloads and voucher purchases).
- 5X CashPoints for EMI transactions at select merchant outlets.
- 10X CashPoints on partner brands including Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance Smart Store, Big Basket and Swiggy.
- Gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spends of Rs. 50,000 in a calendar quarter (max benefit of Rs. 2,000 in a year).
- Up to 15% off on dining at over 2,000 premium restaurants in select cities.
- Get a waiver on the annual fee on an annual expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 50,000.
- A 1% waiver on fuel surcharge.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Up to 15% off on dining at over 2,000 premium restaurants.
2 CashPoints for every Rs. 150 you spend on retail purchases, 5X CashPoints per EMI spends at select merchants, 10X CashPoints on partner brands.
CashPoints redeemable for cashback, purchasing products, flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy and partner airlines’ AirMiles
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
No liability for the cardholder towards the transactions done on a lost/stolen card if the issue is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5 % of the transacted amount
3.6% per month (or 43.2% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver applicable on all fuel transactions
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount (subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 500)
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card – Key Highlights
Some of the most important points related to the MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, which is issued by the HDFC Bank, are as follows:
|Best Suited For||Shopping|
|Joining/Annual Fee||Rs. 500|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum age – 21 years.Minimum income – Rs. 20,000 per month|
|Benefits||Up to 20 Cash Points on every spend of Rs. 150|
HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Features and Benefits
HDFC MoneyBack+ Card, just like the original MoneyBack Card, is among the popular cashback credit cards available in the Indian market. You earn cashback as CashPoints on all categories of spends with the card. Apart from earning CashPoints, the card also offers a few other benefits like gift vouchers (on achieving the stipulated spend milestones), dining discounts, fuel surcharge waiver, etc.
- You get 500 Cash points on joining the card as a welcome benefit.
- Each year on card renewal, get 500 cash points.
Earn a gift voucher which is worth Rs. 500 on the expenditure of Rs. 50,000 or more in a qaurter. This means that, you can gift vouchers worth Rs. 2,000 in a year.
You get a discount of up to 15% on dining across more than 2,000 premium restaurants on paying through your MoneyBack Plus Credit Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Get a 1% waiver on the fuel surcharge for fuel purchases when you pay using your HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card. The maximum waiver that can be claimed is capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle.
Spend-Based Renewal Fee Waiver
On spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the last year, get a waiver on the renewal fee of Rs. 500 for HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card.
HDFC Bank MoneyBack+ Credit Card Reward Points/Cashback
HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit card offers cashbacks in the form cashpoints for every transaction done with card, following are the cashbacks on different transactions:
10X CashPoints (20 CashPoints per ₹150 spent):
Get 10x Cash Points (20 CPs per Rs. 150) on your spends on Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket, Reliance Smart Superstore, and Swiggy. The bonus cash points under this category are capped at 2,500 points per month. Note that if a cardholder did an EMI spend on the merchants under 10X CashPoints category, then the cardholder will get 5X CashPoints only.
5X CashPoints (10 CashPoints per Rs. 150 spent):
Get 5x Cash Points (10 CPs per Rs. 150) on EMI spends at selected merchant locations. You can earn cashbacks on Merchant/EasyEMI, Aggregator EMI and for Brand EMI. Note that the only EMI principal amount will be rewarded with CashPoints. The cardholder can earn up to 2,500 cashpoints per month within this category.
2 CashPoints (2 CashPoints per Rs. 150 spent):
Get 2 Cash Points per Rs. 150 spent, also the SmartPay transactions will be considered under 2 CashPoints category. Note that the CashPoints will not be provided for the spends or transactions like, Fuel Spends, Wallet loads, Gift or Prepaid Card load, Voucher purchase, Cash Advances, Payment of Outstanding amount, and Payment of the card fees.
These cashpoints are useful for 2 years from the date of accrual. Also, no Cash Points are accrued on fuel transactions, wallet reloads, and voucher purchases.
Reward Points/Cashback Redemption
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against statement cash. The points are redeemable against cash credit by login into your net banking account and a minimum of 500 Cash Points are required.
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings on Smartbuy. Only up to 50% of the booking can be done through the cash points and the rest has to be paid through the cardholder’s account.
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 when redeemed against product catalog.
- 1 Cash Point = 0.25 AirMile for redemption against Airmiles.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Fees and Charges
The following table shows the important fees applicable with the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit card:
|Joining/Annual fee||Rs. 500|
|Interest Charges||4.6% p.m. (43.2% p.a.)|
|Foreign Markup Fee||3.5% of the transaction amount|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.5% (minimum Rs. 500)|
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
The following table illustrates the income-based and age-based eligibility criteria for the HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit card-
- The age of salaried individuals should be between 21 years to 60 years, with an income of at least Rs. 20,000 per month.
- The self-employed individuals should be between 21 years and 65 years of age, with a minimum annual income of Rs. 6 lakhs.
- The applicant should be having a decent credit score.
The following are the documents mandated to apply for the HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card:
- Identity Proof – PAN Card, Passport, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Voters’ Id, etc.
- Address Proof – Utility bills, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving Licence, etc.
- Income Proof – Latest bank statements/3 months’ salary slips, and latest ITR.
How to apply for HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card
One can apply for HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card online by visiting the credit card application page on the back’s website. You will need to submit a few documents including salary slips/ITR return acknowledgment, identity proof, and proof of residence for your application to be processed.
Alternatively, you may also visit one of the HDFC branches and complete the application process offline as guided by the back officials.
Check Application Status
In case you have already applied for the HDFC MoneyBack Plus card, you can know the status of the application with the following methods:
- Visit the HDFC Bank credit card’s application tracking page and check your application status by entering all the required details.
- Contact customer care and request the bank officials about the status of your application. They will ask you for a few details and then you will get to know about the progress in your application.
- One more way to get the status of the application is by visiting the branch of the bank and asking the bank officials.
Money Back Plus Credit Card Limit
The credit limit assigned to the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Cardholders has not been disclosed by the HDFC Bank as there is no fixed limit for everyone and it varies for different cardholders. The factors that affect your credit card limit include your credit score, past payment history, income, etc. If you are a high-income individual or you have an excellent credit score, you will get a higher credit limit as compared to those having a low score. If you have got a lower credit limit, you should try building a good score and apply for a higher credit limit. You can do this either by contacting your bank’s customer care, by filling the online application form for card up-gradation, or by visiting the branch.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
You can activate your HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card by any of the following methods:
- You can generate the PIN of your credit card via an ATM. Just visit an HDFC Bank ATM nearest to you and look for an option PIN Generation from the main menu of the ATM.
- Log in to your HDFC Bank internet banking account and under the Credit Cards area, generate the PIN of your credit card under the ‘Manage Your Card’ option.
- You can also contact your credit card customer care. Just call them and ask them to assist you with your credit card PIN generation.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card Bill Payment
To make the bill payment of your HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures:
- Visit the HDFC Bank’s billdesk page, enter the required credit card information and proceed further to pay the bill.
- Log in to your HDFC Bank internet banking account and pay your credit card bill under the section ‘Credit Card Payment.’
- If you have a savings account in a bank other than HDFC Bank, you can settle your card bill via NEFT.
- You can also use digital payment services apps like Paytm, PhonePe, etc, to make the bill payment of your credit card.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Card Login / Net Banking
Register your HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card for internet banking with these steps:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC Bank.
- Scroll down and under the section ‘Ways to Bank’ and click on ‘Online Banking.’
- Click on ‘credit card net banking’ and then ‘Register online.’
- Fill in the required information and proceed further.
HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card Customer Care
- For any emergency-related assistance related to your HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, you can call on the 24*7 helpline number, which is 1800 266 4332.
- To send your queries via email, contact the HDFC Bank credit card customer care at [email protected].
Cards Similar To HDFC MoneyBack Plus
|Benefits||HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card||Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card||SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card||SimplySAVE SBI Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500||Rs. 500||Rs. 499||Rs. 499|
|Rewards Rate||2 Cash Points on every spend of Rs. 150. 5x Cash Points on EMI transactions made at merchant outlets.10x Cash Points on partner brands, including Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Big Basket, and Reliance Smart Store.||4 Edge Rewards on every spend of Rs. 200.||1 Reward Points on every offline spend of Rs. 100.5x Reward Points on online spends.10x Reward Points on online spends on partner brands.||1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100.10x Reward Points on groceries, movies, dining, and departmental stores.|
|Reward Redemption||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption on SmartBuy. 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against statement balance.||1 Edge Reward = Re. 0.20 for redemption against various options at the Edgerewards portal.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products, vouchers, and cashback.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against product catalog and statement balance.|
|Additional Benefits||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.||Complimentary SonyLiv subscription.Complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.||N/A|
With its great reward offers and redemption options, the HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card can be viewed as a great card for regular spends. Being one of the basic yet popular HDFC Credit Cards, it provides you with an amazing reward rate (up to 3.33%) which would help you to save a lot. Other than the regular cash points (2 on every Rs. 150), the card offers 5,000 bonus cashpoints every month. Moreover, you can earn exciting gift vouchers every quarter on the basis of your yearly spending, the annual fee for the card can also be waived off. All these basic but amazing features of this card make it worth trying. If you need a card that would help you to manage your everyday expenses, this card would be a significant choice. After going through this HDFC MoneyBack Plus review given above, let us know your views on the card below in the comment area.
No, the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Card is not lifetime free. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500, which is waived on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
As HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card is a basic card, the cardholders don’t get a very high credit limit with this. The maximum limit of this card can go up to around Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
The MoneyBack Plus Card is the updated version of the MoneyBack Credit Card, which is no more issued by the bank.
For redemption against statement balance, flight/hotel bookings/product catalog, the value of 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for the HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card.
Yes, a maximum waiver of Rs. 250 can be claimed with this card every month.
Yes, every time you renew your Moneyback Plus card, you will get 5,000 bonus cash points.
A cash advance fee of 2.5% (minimum Rs. 500) would be applicable towards any cash withdrawn with this card.