If you are an HDFC Bank Credit Cardholder, here is some good news for you. The HDFC bank is providing its cardholders with a great opportunity to make their credit card lifetime free by achieving the required spend milestone within a specific time period. However, the offer is not valid on existing cards, but only on those cards that have been issued during the offer period. This is a very unique offer launched by the card issuer as the cardholders can make premium cards like HDFC Regalia Credit Card lifetime free for them. To know more about the offer and its detailed terms and conditions, keep reading the article:
How To Make Your HDFC Credit Card Lifetime Free?
The lifetime free conversion condition of HDFC Credit Cards can be done on the basis of total spends within the first 90 days from the card issuance date. The offer is only applicable to the eligible cards that have been issued during the offer period, which is not clearly disclosed by the card issuer, so you can keep availing of its benefits until the bank discontinues it. However, the eligible customers will receive direct communication from the bank and those who don’t receive a mail/SMS regarding this offer, won’t be eligible for it. the offer is not valid for all cards, but only for the HDFC Credit Cards mentioned in the table below. You can understand the required milestone spend for eligible credit cards here:
|Credit Cards||Spends Required Within First 90 days|
HDFC Regalia Credit Card
HDFC Business Regalia Credit Card
HDFC Diners Privilege Credit Card
Indigo HDFC Bank 6E Rewards XL Credit Card
|Rs. 1 lakh|
|HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card||Rs. 50,000|
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
HDFC Freedom Credit Card
HDFC Bank Indian Oil Credit Card
Indigo HDFC 6E Reward Credit Card
HDFC Business MoneyBack Credit Card
Also Read: HDFC Bank is Offering Card Upgrades or Higher Credit Limit to Credit Card Customers
Terms and Conditions
- The offer is only applicable to the cards that are mentioned above in the table and not to all the HDFC bank Credit Cards.
- On fulfilling the required milestone spends, the lifetime free offer will be applied to the eligible cards within 6 months from the issuance date.
- The offer is only valid for cards that have been issued during the offer period.
- Only cardholders who have received direct communication from HDFC Bank will be eligible for this offer.
You can check more details of the offer here.
Popular HDFC Bank Credit Cards (Which You Can Make Lifetime Free)
Out of a wide range of credit cards issued by HDFC Bank, the following are some of the most popular ones that you can make lifetime free through the above method or using other ways:
HDFC Regalia Credit Card
The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card, which generally comes with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500, is one of the most popular and desired credit cards offered by the bank. It offers a decent reward rate and several great benefits across other categories, including travel, dining, etc. The following are some of its most significant features:
- The card offers 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- The cardholders get 12 complimentary domestic and 6 international lounge access every year.
- Exclusive dining offers under the Dineout Passport Programme.
- The cardholders get an air accident insurance cover worth Rs. 1 Crore.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card
The Millennia Credit Card issued by HDFC Bank is one of the best cashback credit cards in India. It charges an annual fee of Rs. 1,000, and provides you with great privileges across various categories. With this card, you can earn up to 5% cashback on your spends, i.e, you can save amazingly. Some other important benefits of this card are:
- The cardholders can earn 5% cashback on selected online brands, and 1% cashback on all other spends.
- The card offers 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
- You can enjoy up to 20% discount on dining at premium restaurants.
HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
The HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card is a basic but popular card issued by HDFC Bank. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and offers a great reward rate with a number of additional benefits. the following are some of its important features:
- The card offers 2 CashPoints on every spend of Rs. 150.
- 5x CashPoints on EMI transactions at selected merchant outlets and 10x CashPoints on selected online brands including Amazon, Flipkart, BigBasket, Swiggy, Zomato, etc.
- The cardholders can earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year.
6E Rewards XL – Indigo HDFC Bank Credit Card
The 6E Rewards XL Credit Card is offered by the HDFC bank in partnership with Indigo airlines and hence it is targeted at frequent flyers. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500 and several travel-related benefits which are as follows:
- Opportunity to earn a complimentary Indigo flight ticket as a welcome benefit.
- 5% 6E Rewards on Indigo spends and up to 3% 6E Rewards on other categories.
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card
The HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500 and offers a very similar reward rate to the Regalia Credit Card. Other than this, the card has several other features as mentioned below:
- The card offers 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- You get 12 complimentary domestic as well as international lunge access every year.
- 8 complimentary golf games every year.
- The cardholders also get complimentary air accident cover worth up to Rs. 1 Crore.
6E Rewards – Indigo HDFC Bank Credit Card
The 6E Rewards Indigo Credit Card offered by HDFC Bank is a toned-down version of the 6E Rewards XL Card. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 700 and rewards you in the form of 6E Rewards that are redeemable against various travel-related options. Some of this card’s important features are:
- 2.5% 6E Rewards on Indigo ticket bookings.
- Up to 2% 6E Rewards on other categories.
- The cardholders can earn 1 complimentary flight ticket every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Benefits and Features of Lifetime Free HDFC Credit Cards
Some of the general features and benefits of the lifetime free credit cards are listed below:
- You don’t need to pay any annual maintenance charges in order to avail of the benefits of a lifetime free credit card.
- The HDFC Bank Credit Cards, which you can make lifetime free, don’t just come with a credit limit, but some of these also offer exclusive benefits like great reward rates, complimentary lounge access, and many more privileges across different categories.
- The lifetime free credit cards are generally easier to get approved for compared to other expensive cards.
HDFC Bank, being the most popular credit card issuer in India, keeps launching exclusive offers from time to time, and this time, it has come with an exceptionally amazing offer for cardholders. The eligible cardholders can make their credit card lifetime free just by spending the stipulated amount within the given time period. However, some of these cards also offer to spend based waiver of the annual fee, and the cardholders can also make their HDFC Bank cards (selected cards) lifetime free by activating Balance Transfer, OneAssist, or SmartPay on their credit card and renewing it every year. But under this offer, you have a chance to make your card free for a lifetime at once. So, if you were planning to make some large spends, you should apply for one of these cards and try to make it lifetime free. In case of any further doubts regarding this offer, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!
1. How to make HDFC credit card lifetime free through smartpay?
You can make the above-mentioned HDFC Credit Cards lifetime free by activating SmartPay on your credit card within the first 90 days of card issuance and renewing it every year.
2. How to make HDFC credit card lifetime free through OneAssist?
Another option to make your credit card lifetime free is to subscribe to OneAssist through your credit card and renew it every year.
3. How to check whether I can make my HDFC Credit Card lifetime free or not?
The eligible cardholders under the lifetime free offer are directly communicated by the bank. So, if you would be an eligible cardholder, you will receive an email/SMS regarding the same on your registered email ID/mobile number.
4. Is the HDFC Millennia Credit Card also eligible under the lifetime free offer?
Yes, the Millennia Credit Card is also eligible for this offer.