If you are an HDFC Bank Credit Cardholder, here is some good news for you. The HDFC bank is providing its cardholders with a great opportunity to make their credit card lifetime free by achieving the required spend milestone within a specific time period. However, the offer is not valid on existing cards, but only on those cards that have been issued during the offer period, i.e. on or after 1st February 2023. HDFC Bank previously launched a very unique offer under which cardholders could make premium cards like the HDFC Regalia Credit Card lifetime free for them only on the basis of their spends during the first 90 days. This time, the card issuer has come up with another offer to provide their customers with an opportunity to save on annual/joining fees. To know more about the offer and its detailed terms and conditions, keep reading the article
February 2023 Update: HDFC Bank has introduced new fee waiver conditions for its credit cardholders. The joining fee is not directly waived, but the cardholders get an equivalent amount back in the form of a gift voucher. Moreover, the annual fee can be waived on the basis of your total spends in the preceding anniversary year.
How To Make Your HDFC Credit Card Lifetime Free?
The lifetime free conversion condition of HDFC Credit Cards can be fulfilled by paying the joining fee and spending the required milestone amount in an anniversary year. The offer is only applicable to selected credit cards as mentioned below in the table. The eligible cardholders would receive a gift voucher equivalent to the joining fee amount and they can get the renewal fee waived on the basis of their total spends in the previous year. All these welcome benefits, activation offers, and fee waiver conditions will be in effect from February 1, 2023, i.e. these conditions ill only be applicable to cards that are issued on or after 1st February 2023.
The following table will help you understand the offer in much detail:
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Welcome Benefit / First Year Fee Waiver||Activation Offer||Renewal Fee Waiver Condition (spends required within 12 months)|
|HDFC Infinia Credit Card||Rs. 12,500||First year fee waived on spending Rs. 3 lakhs within the first 90 days||NA||Rs. 10 lakhs|
|HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card||Rs. 10,000||First year fee waived on spending Rs. 1.5 lakhs within the first 90 days||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|Tata Neu Plus Credit Card||Rs. 1,499||NA||Rs. 1 lakh|
|Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card||Rs. 499||Rs. 3 lakh|
|Shoppers Stop HDFC Black Credit Card||Rs. 4,500||NA|
|Shoppers Stop HDFC Credit Card||Nil||NA|
|HDFC Regalia Credit Card||Rs. 2,500||Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 2,500||Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 250 on making at least 1 transaction within the first 37 days from the card issuance date||Rs. 3 lakhs|
|HDFC Business Regalia Credit Card|
|HDFC Diners Club Privilege Credit Card|
|HDFC Millennia Credit Card||Rs. 1,000||Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 1000||Rs. 1 lakh|
|HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card||Rs. 2.5 lakhs|
|HDFC Indigo 6E Rewards XL Credit Card||Rs. 1,500||Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 1,500||NA|
|HDFC Indigo 6E Rewards Credit Card||Rs. 500||Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 500|
|HDFC Bank Titanium Times Credit Card||Rs. 1.5 lakhs|
|HDFC Bank Moneyback Plus Credit Card||Rs. 50,000|
|HDFC Business Moneyback Credit card|
|HDFC Freedom Credit Card|
|Indian Oil HDFC Bank Credit Card|
|Flipkart Wholesale HDFC bank Credit Card||Rs. 499 (no first-year fee)||NA||NA||Rs. 3 lakhs|
|HDFC CSC Small Business Moneyback Card||Rs. 250||Get a gift voucher worth Rs. 250||A gift voucher worth Rs. 250 on making at least one transaction within the first 37 days.||Rs. 25,000|
Also Read: HDFC Bank SmartBuy Offers February 2023 Update – Check out the Details Here
Terms and Conditions
- The offer is only applicable to selected credit cards as mentioned above in the table.
- The joining fee will be levied on the 120th day after card issuance.
- The gift voucher will be sent t the eligible cardholders within 90 days of the payment of the joining fee.
- The welcome gift voucher offer is not applicable to HDFC Infinia, Diners Club Black, Tata Neu, and Shoppers Stop Credit Cards.
- The activation voucher offer is not applicable to Infinia, Diners Club Black, and tata Neu cards.
- The offer is only valid for cards that will be issued on or after February 1, 2023.
You can check more details of the offer here.
Popular HDFC Bank Credit Cards (Which You Can Make Lifetime Free)
Out of a wide range of credit cards issued by HDFC Bank, the following are some of the most popular ones that you can make lifetime free through the above method or using other ways:
HDFC Regalia Credit Card
The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card, which generally comes with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500, is one of the most popular and desired credit cards offered by the bank. It offers a decent reward rate and several great benefits across other categories, including travel, dining, etc. The following are some of its most significant features:
- The card offers 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- The cardholders get 12 complimentary domestic and 6 international lounge access every year.
- Exclusive dining offers under the Dineout Passport Programme.
- The cardholders get an air accident insurance cover worth Rs. 1 Crore.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card
The Millennia Credit Card issued by HDFC Bank is one of the best cashback credit cards in India. It charges an annual fee of Rs. 1,000, and provides you with great privileges across various categories. With this card, you can earn up to 5% cashback on your spends, i.e, you can save amazingly. Some other important benefits of this card are:
- The cardholders can earn 5% cashback on selected online brands, and 1% cashback on all other spends.
- The card offers 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
- You can enjoy up to 20% discount on dining at premium restaurants.
HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
The HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card is a basic but popular card issued by HDFC Bank. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and offers a great reward rate with a number of additional benefits. the following are some of its important features:
- The card offers 2 CashPoints on every spend of Rs. 150.
- 5x CashPoints on EMI transactions at selected merchant outlets and 10x CashPoints on selected online brands including Amazon, Flipkart, BigBasket, Swiggy, Zomato, etc.
- The cardholders can earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year.
6E Rewards XL – Indigo HDFC Bank Credit Card
The 6E Rewards XL Credit Card is offered by the HDFC bank in partnership with Indigo airlines and hence it is targeted at frequent flyers. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500 and several travel-related benefits which are as follows:
- Opportunity to earn a complimentary Indigo flight ticket as a welcome benefit.
- 5% 6E Rewards on Indigo spends and up to 3% 6E Rewards on other categories.
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card
The HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500 and offers a very similar reward rate to the Regalia Credit Card. Other than this, the card has several other features as mentioned below:
- The card offers 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- You get 12 complimentary domestic as well as international lunge access every year.
- 8 complimentary golf games every year.
- The cardholders also get complimentary air accident cover worth up to Rs. 1 Crore.
6E Rewards – Indigo HDFC Bank Credit Card
The 6E Rewards Indigo Credit Card offered by HDFC Bank is a toned-down version of the 6E Rewards XL Card. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 700 and rewards you in the form of 6E Rewards that are redeemable against various travel-related options. Some of this card’s important features are:
- 2.5% 6E Rewards on Indigo ticket bookings.
- Up to 2% 6E Rewards on other categories.
- The cardholders can earn 1 complimentary flight ticket every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Benefits and Features of Lifetime Free HDFC Credit Cards
Some of the general features and benefits of the lifetime free credit cards are listed below:
- You don’t need to pay any annual maintenance charges in order to avail of the benefits of a lifetime free credit card.
- The HDFC Bank Credit Cards, which you can make lifetime free, don’t just come with a credit limit, but some of these also offer exclusive benefits like great reward rates, complimentary lounge access, and many more privileges across different categories.
- The lifetime free credit cards are generally easier to get approved for compared to other expensive cards.
HDFC Bank, being the most popular credit card issuer in India, keeps launching exclusive offers from time to time, and this time, it has come with an exceptionally amazing offer for cardholders. The eligible cardholders can make their credit card lifetime free just by spending the stipulated amount within the given time period. However, some of these cards also offer to spend based waiver of the annual fee, and the cardholders can also make their HDFC Bank cards (selected cards) lifetime free by activating Balance Transfer, OneAssist, or SmartPay on their credit card and renewing it every year. But under this offer, you have a chance to make your card free for a lifetime just by spending on it. So, if you were planning to make some large spends, you should apply for one of these cards and try to make it lifetime free. In case of any further doubts regarding this offer, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!
1. How to make HDFC credit card lifetime free through smartpay?
You can make the above-mentioned HDFC Credit Cards lifetime free by activating SmartPay on your credit card within the first 90 days of card issuance and renewing it every year.
2. How to make HDFC credit card lifetime free through OneAssist?
Another option to make your credit card lifetime free is to subscribe to OneAssist through your credit card and renew it every year.
3. How to check whether I can make my HDFC Credit Card lifetime free or not?
The eligible cardholders under the lifetime free offer are directly communicated by the bank. So, if you would be an eligible cardholder, you will receive an email/SMS regarding the same on your registered email ID/mobile number.
4. Is the HDFC Millennia Credit Card also eligible under the lifetime free offer?
Yes, the Millennia Credit Card is also eligible for this offer.
I have applied Millennia credit card today, it will be ltf or not? If not then tell me an option to make it life time free?
And also let me know that if i recharge and make bill payment through this card on amazon how much I will get 5 or 1 percent cashback