HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card is a premium credit card providing a number of great rewards and benefits to cardholders. To welcome its customers on board, the card offers complimentary memberships to Times Prime and Swiggy One on spending Rs. 75,000 within 90 days of getting the card.
With this card, you can earn 4 RPs on every Rs. 150 you spend and upto 10x reward points on SmartBuy spends. Also, you can earn earn accelerated 5x RPs on Swiggy and Zomato spends, and BOGO offer on BookMyShow tickets for weekend shows. These reward points can later be redeemed against an array of categories, including flight/hotel bookings, products/vouchers, and cash credit at a very good rate.
Talking about its travel benefits, you get complimentary access to over 1,000 lounges all over the world. Moreover, there are several more benefits of the card, including spend based annual fee waiver, fuel surcharge waiver, insurance benefits, etc. Read below to know more in detail about the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege credit card.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Get 5x (20) reward points per Rs. 150 spent on Swiggy and ZomatoGet Buy One Get One offer on BookMyShow movie tickets for shows on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
4 Reward Points on every Rs 150 spent, up to 10x RPs on Smartbuy spends, and 5x RPs on Swiggy and Zomato spends
1 reward point = Rs 0.5 redeemable on SmartBuy reward portal for flight & hotels bookings, 1 reward point = 0.5 Air miles.
Get 8 complimentary airport lounge access across the world for both primary as well as add-on cardholders.
Get 8 complimentary golf games(2 per quarter) at select golf courses annually in India and abroad.
Domestic Lounge Access
Up to 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year
International Lounge Access
Up to 8 complimentary international lounge access every year
Insurance cover worth up to Rs 1 crore in case of an air accident and an emergency cover of Rs 25 lac in case of hospitalization abroad.
Zero Liability Protection
Protection cover of Rs 9 lac in case of any fraudulent transaction reported within a stipulated time on HDFC Diners Club Privilege credit card
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal fee waiver on spending over Rs. 3 lakhs in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs 99 per redemption request (plus applicable taxes)
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs 99 per redemption request (plus applicable taxes)
Foreign Currency Markup
1.99% of the conversion amount (plus applicable taxes)
3.6% per month (43.2% per annum)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions at all fuel stations subject to a maximum waiver of Rs 500 per statement cycle
Cash Advance Charges
2.5 % of the withdrawal amount subject to a minimum charge of Rs 500
Add-on Card Fee
- Get Complimentary Membership of Swiggy One and Times Prime as a welcome benefit.
- 4 Reward Points on every Rs 150 spent, and upto 10x Reward Points on Smartbuy spends, with your HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit card.
- Accelerated 5x RPs on your Swiggy and Zomato spends.
- 8 Complimentary Golf games at select Golf courses in India and abroad, per year.
- 8 Complimentary Lounge visits both India and abroad
- Low Foreign Markup charges of 1.99%
- Zero Protection Liability Cover of Rs 9 lac
- Insurance Cover worth up to Rs 1 crore in case of an Air Accident.
- 4 RPs per Rs. 150 spent and 5x RPs on Zomato and Swiggy spends
- Frequent travellers can benefit from 8 complimentary domestic and international lounge access
- 8 complimentary golf rounds at top courses in India and abroad
- Welcome benefit offers Swiggy One and Times Prime membership which may not be wanted by some cardholders
- There is no cashback on online spends and higher annual fee as compared to similar variants
HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Diners Club Privileges Credit Card has a lot of benefits across different categories, including shopping, rewards, travel, nd many more. All its features in detail are given below:
Get complimentary annual membership of Swiggy One and Times Prime on spending Rs. 75,000 or above within 90 days of card issuance. The benefits are unlocked within 48 hours of achieving the target spend.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card Rewards
- You get 4 reward points per Rs. 150 spent on retail.
- Up to 10x reward points on spends made through the SmartBuy portal.
- Get 5x (20) reward points per Rs. 150 spent on Swiggy and Zomato, where the bonus RPs are capped at 2500 per month.
- You can earn a maximum of 2000 RPs per transaction on insurance spends.
- These reward points can be redeemed at the SmartBuy reward portal for flight bookings, hotels.
- 1 reward point = Rs 0.5 on SmartBuy reward portal using the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege credit card
- You can also redeem your reward points through net banking for Air miles, where 1 Reward Point = 0.5 Air mile
- HDFC Bank provides an exclusive product catalog for reward redemption for HDFC Diner Club Privilege credit card where 1 reward point = Rs 0.35
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cash.
- Maximum limit capped for hotel and flight bookings using reward points in 70% of the booking value.
On achieving retail spends of Rs. 1,50,000 or above per calendar quarter, cardholders can choose a Rs. 1500 worth voucher from any one of Marriott, O2 Spa, Lakme Salon, Barbeque Nation, or Decathlon.
The benefit is unlocked within 48 hours of achieving the target spend amount, and the cardholder can download the voucher.
- Get 5x (20) reward points per Rs. 150 spent on Swiggy and Zomato.
- There is a capping of 2500 reward points per month on the accelerated 4x reward points while there is no capping on the normal rate of 4 reward points per Rs. 150 spent on Swiggy and Zomato.
- You have to make a minimum transaction of Rs. 150 to be eligible for the reward points.
Airport Lounge Access
- You get 8 complimentary lounge visits at 1000+ lounges around the world in a calendar year with the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege credit card. The lounge access can be availed by both primary cardholders as well as add-on cardholders.
- The cardholder must spend Rs. 15,000 in the previous quarter to unlock the complimentary lounge access.
You get 8 complimentary rounds of golf every year with a maximum cap of 2 golf rounds per quarter.
|Accidental air death||Rs. 1 crore|
|Medical emergency cover||Rs. 25 lakhs|
|Delayed baggage||Rs. 50,000|
|Credit liability||Rs. 9 lakhs|
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The 1% fuel surcharge is waived off for all fuel transactions worth Rs. 400 and more. The maximum fuel surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 500 per calendar month.
Spend Based Renewal fee Waiver
- The renewal fee of Rs. 2,500 is waived off if you spend Rs. 3 lakhs or more in the previous anniversary year.
- Condition to make your HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card lifetime free: Activate one of SmartPay or One Assist or General Insurance or Balance Transfer on your card within the first 90 days of card activation and renew every year (any one product and one bill through SmartPay or two products/two bills via SmartPay).get an affordable credit card
Low Foreign Markup Fee
With HDFC Diners Club Privilege credit card, you pay a low foreign markup fee compared to other credit cards. Other banks charge you a foreign markup fee of around 3.5% but you are charged a markup fee of around 1.99% on the conversion amount.
|Salaried Employees||Self-Employed Individuals|
|Age||21 Years to 60 Years||21 Years – 65 Years|
|Income||Minimum Rs. 70,000 per month||Minimum Rs. 8,40,000 per annum (as per ITR)|
Should You Get This Credit Card?
You should get this credit card if you want to get an affordable credit card with decent benefits across multiple categories, including travel, dining, lifestyle, etc. Moreover, the card has a lower forex markup fee, so it is also suitable for those who often make foreign transactions using their credit card. Moreover, you can also make your card lifetime free by activating any of the above-mentioned facilities on your card. So, you should undoubtedly go for this card if you want to get maximum benefits with minimum charges.
Process of Application For The HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card
You can apply for the HDFC Diners Club privilege card online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply offline, you can simply visit the HDFC Bank branch nearest to you and fill in the offline application form for this credit card. Make sure to carry all the necessary documents, including Identity Proof, address proof, income proof, etc, To apply online, you can proceed as follows:
- Visit HDFC bank’s official website.
- Under the section ‘Borrow,’ click on ‘Cards’ and then on ‘Credit Cards.’
- Scroll down and under the ‘Lifestyle’ category, click on HDFC Diners Club Privilege Credit Card.
- Click on apply now.
- Proceed further by filling in the digital application form.
Who Should Apply for the Credit Card?
For those who prefer a premium lifestyle, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege is a nice credit card option. Whether you prefer dining, lifestyle, travel, and other benefits, the card offers it all. As a welcome benefit, you get a 1-year membership to Times Prime and Swiggy One, and earn accelerated 5x RPs on Zomato and Swiggy spends.
Moreover, you get bonus 10x reward points on spends made via SmartBuy. Complimentary airport lounge access, complimentary golf rounds, and other insurance benefits. If you are someone who frequently travels and makes spends in the foreign currency, you can benefit from the low 1.99% forex markup fee on the credit card. The card comes at a joining/annual fee of Rs. 2500 plus GST and it is certainly worth consideration.
With an array of benefits across almost all the categories, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card becomes a great choice for individuals who are looking for a card with a decent annual fee and exclusive reward offers and benefits. The card provides you with an opportunity to make it a lifetime free card to use just by activating one of the facilities as mentioned above.
Moreover, other than the domestic & international lounge access it provides, the low foreign currency markup fee of the card makes it even more suitable for you to choose it in order to save a lot on your international transactions. What do you think about our HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege credit card review? Do let us know in the comments section.
The reward points accumulated are valid for 2 years for redemption.
Reward points accrued on insurance subject to a maximum limit of 2000 reward points per transaction.
No reward points are issued on e-wallet loading transactions.
No, you can not earn reward points on fuel transactions using your HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege credit card
1 reward point = Rs 0.5 redeemable on SmartBuy reward portal for flight & hotels bookings