Launched by NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India) on RBI’s recommendation in March 2012, RuPay is India’s answer to likes of Visa, MasterCard and American Express. In 2009, the Reserve Bank of India entrusted NPCI with the task of conceptualizing an Indigenous payment network on the lines of Visa and MasterCard that would process card-based digital payments in the country. RBI felt the need for a domestic payment network as the transactions of Indian cardholders had to be processed overseas and a high transaction fee was charged by the international payment networks. In this article, you will get to know about some of the best RuPay credit cards currently offered by the various credit card issuers in the country. Read on to learn more.
The RuPay scheme was launched on 26th March 2012 and was dedicated to India by the then President Pranab Mukharjee on 8th May 2014. Ever since its launch, RuPay has witnessed unprecedented growth. As of February 2021, over 60 crore cards (including both debit and credit cards) had been issued on the RuPay payment network, and with a market share of around 60%, RuPay is the market leader in the card-based payments business (both debit and credit cards combined) today.
Initially, only debit cards were issued on the RuPay payment network, however, starting in June 2017, many card issuers also started issuing credit cards on the RuPay network. Have a look at some of the best RuPay Credit Cards in India. Although RuPay is the market leader in the overall card-based payments business, it is not the case if only the credit card business is considered in isolation. Out of the total of over 60 crore cards issued on the RuPay platform, the number of credit cards issued is fewer than 10 lacs.
Best RuPay Credit Cards List 2023
Here we have compiled some of the best RuPay credit cards currently offered in the Indian credit card market based on popularity, reward rate, and the other value-added benefits that they offer-
- Indian Oil Axis Bank Credit Card
- IDFC HPCL FIRST Power Credit Card
- Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank Credit Card
- HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card
- IDFC HPCL First Power Plus Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Premier Credit Card
- IndianOil Kotak Credit Card
- PNB RuPay Select Credit Card
- PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card
- Union Select RuPay Credit Card
- Union Platinum RuPay Credit Card
- Union Bank’s Rupay Combo Debit Cum Credit Card
- IRCTC Rupay SBI Credit Card
- Union Uni Carbon Credit Card
- PNB RuPay Select Patanjali Credit Card
- IDBI Winnings RuPay Select Credit Card
- SBI Shaurya Credit Card
Top RuPay Credit Cards in India
There are a lot of credit cards issued on the RuPay network by different card issuers. In this article, we have filtered out some of the top RuPay Credit Cards in India and their features and benefits are given below in detail:
Card Details +
Axis Indian Oil Rupay is a co-branded card by Axis Bank in partnership with Indian Oil. The card offers excellent benefits for fuel transactions through reward points. The card is regarded as a great entry-level choice. Along with the fuel benefits, the card also offer other benefits such as:
- 20 Reward Points on every Rs 100 spent at Indian Oil Pumps.
- 5 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on online shopping.
- Discount of up to 10% on movie tickets on Book My Show.
- 20% discount on dining bills with the Axis Bank Dining Delights Program
Card Details +
Along with the First Power Plus credit card, the First Power card is a co-branded offering by HPCL and IDFC First Bank. You can save around Rs. 7000 annually with this card that can help you buy almost 65 litres of fuel. You get exclusive rewards when you pay using the HP Pay App at any of the 20,000+ HPCL outlets across India. Just like the Power Plus variant, this credit card comes at no joining fee as an introductory offer until 30th April 2023 and the reward points earned on this credit card do not expire. Here are the features and benefits of this credit card:
- Up to 5% savings on fuel transactions up to Rs. 5000 maximum per month
- Up to 2.5% savings on grocery and utility spends up to Rs. 4000 maximum per month
- Up to 2.5% savings on IDFC FASTag recharge up to Rs. 2000 maximum per month
- 2x reward points on other retail spends
- Up to Rs. 150 discount on Swiggy orders above Rs. 500
- Cashback up to Rs. 250 on transactions above Rs. 250 on your 1st HPCL transaction
- Complimentary roadside assistance worth Rs. 1399 and personal accident insurance worth Rs. 2 Lakhs
- Refer your friends for the credit card and earn up to maximum 10000 Reward points on successful referrals
Card Details +
HDFC Bank and Tata Neu launched two co-branded cards together, and the Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank credit card is the premium variant out of the two. The card comes at an annual fee of Rs. 1499 and is packed with benefit across multiple categories. It has one of the best reward rate in the market of up to 10% and offers travel, lifestyle, as well as insurance benefits. Other features include domestic and international lounge access, air accident insurance cover, and more
- 1499 Neu Coins as welcome benefit
- 10% Neu Coins back on your Tata Neu app spends and 5% Neu Coins on partner brand spends
- 1.5% Neu Coins on other spends made with the card
- Complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Low forex markup fee of 2%
- Spend-based renewal fee waiver
Card Details +
The HDFC Bank offers a travel credit card in partnership with IRCTC and is targeted at people who travel frequently via Indian railways. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 499 and has lots of decent benefits, including a good reward rate, railway lounge access, and many more. The card rewards you in the form of Cash Points and some of its key benefits are as follows:
- Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome benefit
- 5 Cash Point on every Rs. 100 spent on IRCTC bookings
- 1 Cash Point per Rs. 100 spend elsewhere.
- 4 complimentary railway lounge access every year.
Card Details +
It is an entry-level credit card by the Bank of Baroda. The card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and offers a max reward rate of up to 1.25% (on grocery, departmental store and movie spends). Just like the Bank of Baroda Premier Credit Card, Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card was also offered on the Visa platform only, until the recent partnership between RuPay and BoB. Some of the key features of the Bank of Baroda Easy RuPay Credit Card are-
- 1 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent with the card (reward rate = 0.25%, as 1 RP = Rs. 0.25)
- 5X Reward Points (i.e. 5 Reward Points per Rs. 100) on grocery, departmental store and movie spends (reward rate = 1.25%).
- Joining fee (first year’s annual fee) of the card reversed on spending a minimum of Rs. 6,000 in the first 60 days of card membership.
- Annual membership fee of the card (second year onwards) waived off on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 35,000 in the preceding year.
Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes
Annual fee of Rs. 499.
Best Suited For
Up to Rs. 500 cash back on your 1st HPCL fuel transaction above Rs. 500 and up to 5% cashback (up to Rs. 1,000 capped) on the transaction value of the first EMI.
Card Details +
The FIRST Power Plus is the first co-branded credit card launched by IDFC Bank in collaboration with HPCL and works on the RuPay network. With this card, you can save around Rs. 18,500 every year which is enough to buy almost 175 litres of fuel. Another great thing of this card is that it has a joining fee of Rs. 499 but you can get it at No Joining Fee until 30th April 2023 as an introductory offer. Although, it is a fuel credit card, you get many privileges across a host of categories with the card. Here are the features and benefits of this card:
- Up to 6.5% savings on fuel spends
- 4% savings on LPG and HPCL fuel spends, 1.5% savings on payment through HP Pay App, and 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- 5% savings on grocery and utility bills
- 5% savings as reward points on IDFC FASTag recharge
- 3x reward points on other retail spends
- Up to Rs. 500 cashback on on 1st HPCL transaction above Rs. 500 or more
- Up to Rs. 150 discount on Swiggy orders on orders above Rs. 500
- Up to Rs. 500 off on ZoomCars rental
- Up to 25% discount on movie tickets and 505 discount on international and domestic car rentals
Card Details +
It is a mid-range credit card by the Bank of Baroda. The card is also offered on the Visa payment network – until recently, BoB used to offer the Premier Credit Card on the Visa platform only, before they tied up with NPCI to come up with a RuPay variant of the card in November 2021
Bank of Baroda Premier RuPay Credit Card offers a reward rate of up to 2.5% (max 10 RPs can be earned per Rs 100, with 1 RP = Rs. 0.25) and a few value-added benefits as well, like complimentary airport lounge access and spend-based fee waiver. BoB Premier RuPay Credit Card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 1,000 per annum. Some of the salient features of the card are as under-
- 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent with the card (reward rate = 0.5% as 1 RP = Rs. 0.25)
- 5X Reward Points (i.e. 10 Reward Points per Rs. 100) on travel, dining and international spends (reward rate = 2.5%)
- 1 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter.
- Joining fee (first year’s membership fee) of the card waived off on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 10,000 within the first 60 days of the card issuance and the annual membership fee of the card is waived off (second year onwards) on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 1,20,000 in the preceding year.
Card Details +
Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Indian Oil Corporation joined forces to launch their new co-branded fuel card which offers great fuel and other benefits on the RuPay card network. You get rewarded on your dining, grocery, and retail spends along with exclusive benefits when you refuel your vehicle at any of the 34,000 Indian Oil outlets across India. You can redeem your reward points for a variety of products and vouchers, cashback, and even free fuel. Here are the features and benefits of this credit card:
- Welcome benefit of 1000 Reward points on spending Rs. 500 or more within a month of card issuance.
- 12 Reward points per Rs. 150 spent on grocery and dining, and 24 Reward points per Rs. 150 spent on IndianOil outlets.
- 3 Reward points per Rs. 150 spent on everything else.
- Annual fee waiver on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the card anniversary year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver and personal accident insurance cover worth Rs. 2 Lakhs
- RuPay contactless transactions up to Rs. 5000
Card Details +
The PNB RuPay Select Credit Card is one of the popular basic credit cards issued by the Punjab National Bank. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 500 and earns you 300 bonus Reward Points as a welcome benefit.
- Welcome benefit of 300 bonus Reward Points.
- 2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- 2x Reward Points on all merchandise/online transactions within the first 90 days.
- 50 bonus Reward Points on registration for the e-bill facility.
- Complimentary airport lounge access.
- Complimentary insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Spend-based waiver of the annual membership fee.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Card Details +
It is RuPay Platinum RuPay credit card by Punjab National Bank. The card comes with zero joining/annual fee (lifetime free credit card). You get the following benefits with the PNB Platinum RuPay Credit Card-
- 300+ Reward Points on the first usage of the card as a welcome benefit.
- Exclusive cashback on spends on utility bill payments, restaurants/eateries bill payments.
- 2 complimentary lounge access every quarter at domestic airports across India.
- 2 complimentary international airport lounge access.
- Comprehensive insurance plan with a complimentary cover worth Rs. 2 lacs against accidental death or permanent disability.
- Exclusive offers from over 300 domestic and international merchants.
Card Details +
Union Bank Select RuPay Credit Card is issued by Union Bank of India on the Select variant of the RuPay payment network. Union Bank charges an annual fee of Rs. 499 per annum for the RuPay Select Credit Card. Some of the key features of the Union Bank RuPay Select Credit Card are as under-
- Complimentary life insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lacs against loss of life in an air accident and worth Rs. 8 lacs against loss of life in an accident other than air accident.
- Four complimentary airport lounge access every year in over 300 cities across the world.
- Cashback (max Rs. 50 per month) on utility bill payments.
- Cashback on mobile wallet reloads (max Rs. 50 per month) on a minimum transaction of Rs. 500.
- Cashback on train ticket bookings via IRCTC- max cashback capped at Rs. 25- on a minimum transaction of Rs. 300.
Card Details +
Union Bank Platinum RuPay Credit is a toned-down version of the Union Bank Select RuPay Credit Card. The card comes with an annual membership fee of Rs. 299 and offer the following benefits to the cardholder-
- Complimentary insurance cover worth Rs. 8 lacs against loss of life in an air accident and worth Rs. 5 lacs against loss of life in an accident other than air accident.
- Cashback of up to Rs. 50 per month on utility bill payments.
- Cashback on mobile wallet reloads- maximum cashback of Rs. 50 in a month on a minimum transaction of Rs. 500.
- Cashback of up to Rs. 25 on a minimum transaction of Rs. 300 on booking rail tickets via IRCTC.
Card Details +
Union Bank RuPay Combo Debit cum Credit Card is a unique offering by Union Bank of India and RuPay. It is a one of its kind card that works as both a debit and a credit card. The card has two separate magnetic stripes, two microchips and two PINs- two sets of credentials, one each for the debit and the credit card. Some of the salient features of the Union Bank RuPay Combo Debit cum Credit Card are as under-
- Complimentary lounge access at 25+ domestic and 500+ international airport lounges across the world with both Select and Platinum variants.
- Cashback on utility and dining bill payments- cashback on utility bills applicable for both Select and Platinum variants, cashback on dining bill payments applicable only on the Select variant.
- Exclusive offers from partner merchants.
- A total personal accidental insurance worth Rs. 24 lacs (20 lacs on the credit card and 4 lacs on the debit card).
- 24×7 concierge service for assistance regarding travel and hotel reservations.
As it is a combo card, you get both debit and credit card functionalities with the card. There are separate cash withdrawal limits, daily shopping limits stipulated for each of the credit and debit cards.
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Best Suited For
You get 350 reward points on a minimum transaction of Rs. 500 within 45 days after receiving the card. You also get Rs 100 cashback on your first ATM withdrawal within 30 days of card issuance.
Card Details +
It is a co-branded credit card by SBI Card in collaboration with IRCTC issued on the RuPay Platinum platform. The card is best suited for those who travel frequently via rail as you get benefits like value back on rail ticket bookings and complimentary access to IRCTC lounges. IRCTC SBI RuPay Credit Card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 300 per annum (joining fee of Rs. 500 applicable for the first year). Some of the key features of the IRCTC SBI RuPay Credit Card are as under-
- 350 Reward Points as a welcome benefit on making a transaction of a minimum of Rs. 500 within 45 days of card issuance.
- 10% value back as Reward Points on AC1, AC2, AC3, AC CC train tickets via IRCTC website/mobile app.
- 1 Reward Point per Rs. 125 spent with the card. No Reward Points earned on fuel purchases.
- 4 complimentary access to IRTC lounges (max 1 per quarter) at select railway stations across India.
Card Details +
The Union Uni Carbon credit card is a fuel card offered by the Union bank in co-partnership with HPCL. The card offers excellent reward points for every fuel transaction and for other transactions as well. Also, it offers many other benefits including Insurance covers and Milestone benefits. Following are the features of the card:
- 16 reward points on fuel spending of Rs 500.
- 2 reward points on every Rs 100 spent on non-fuel transactions.
- Air accidental cover up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Spend-based Benefits.
Card Details +
The PNB Patanjali RuPay Platinum Credit card is a co-branded card offered by the PNB Bank in partnership with Pantanjali. The card offers great benefits across travel, and dining and offers benefits such as insurance covers and a fuel surcharge waiver. Following are the benefits of the card:
- Welcome bonus of 300 Reward Points:
- 1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 150.
- 2% cashback up to Rs. 50 on every transaction at Patanjali stores.
- 2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter
- Spend-based waiver of the annual fee.
Card Details +
IDBI Winnings RuPay Select Card is an entry-level credit card offering a decent reward rate. The card also offers insurance cover up to Rs. 10 Lakh and many other benefits such as welcome benefits where you get 10% cashback up to Rs. 500 on all transactions done within 90 days. It offers many other benefits including:
- 2 delight points on every Rs. 100 spent.
- 500 delight points on making 5 transactions worth Rs. 1000 per month.
- Double delight points in your Birthday Month.
- Accidental death and permanent disability insurance.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Card Details +
The Shaurya SBI RuPay Card is a credit card offered by the SBI Bank specifically designed for defense personnel. The card comes with a very small annual fee and offers reward points on every transaction done with the card. It also offers insurance cover of up to Rs. 2 lakhs and many other benefits such as:
- 1,000 Reward Points as a welcome gift.
- 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
- Spend-based waiver of the renewal fee.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
What Are RuPay Credit Cards?
RuPay is one of the major credit card networks in India and hence various banks/card issuers offer credit cards in partnership with this network. For those who don’t know, a credit card network is like a bridge between the card-issuing company and the merchant to process the payments. In India, RuPay is one of the most popular card networks along with Visa MasterCard, etc. RuPay offers credit cards with 3 variants: Classic, Platinum, and Select, Classic ones being the most premium ones.
RuPay Credit Card Issuing Banks
As mentioned earlier, the majority of cards issued on the RuPay network are debit cards, however, changing trend can be seen among the card issuers as more card issuers are now tieing up with NPCI to launch new credit cards, and sometimes to even issue an existing credit card (which was earlier issued on some other network), on the RuPay payment network. Recently, the Bank of Baroda launched new credit cards on the RuPay platform. Click here for further information. LIC also launched co-branded credit cards on the RuPay payment network in collaboration with the IDBI Bank a couple of months ago. You can find more information on this here.
Most of the credit cards issued on the RuPay network are by public sector card issuers (PSU Banks), however, private players have now also started joining hands with NPCI to issue their credit cards on the RuPay platform. HDFC, for example, has now started issuing its Millennia credit card, which is one of the most popular credit cards by the bank, on the RuPay platform (Visa variant of the card is also available). This change, for the most part, can be attributed to the moratorium imposed by RBI on MasterCard and American Express prohibiting the card issuers from onboarding new domestic customers.
Currently, RuPay Credit Cards issuer banks in India include- SBI Card, Union Bank of India, HDFC Bank, SBM Bank, Punjab National Bank, IDBI Bank and Federal Bank. Union Bank of India in November 2018, came up with a unique combo card on the RuPay payment network- the card acted as both credit as well as a debit card and had two separate magnetic stripes, microchips, PINs and CVD (one card, two sets of credentials).
Some of the popular credit cards issued on the RuPay payment network include Union Bank RuPay Combo Debit Cum Credit Card, HDFC Millennia Credit Card (also issued on the Visa network), IRCTC SBI RuPay Credit Card, Bank of Baroda Premier and Easy RuPay Credit Cards (launched recently).
Other Rupay Cards
Following are more Rupay credit cards that offer great benefits and privileges and must be considered:
|Card||Annual Fee||Main Features|
|HDFC Regalia Credit card||Rs. 2,500 (plus applicable taxes)||
Complimentary Dineout Passport Membership.
Complimentary Priority Pass membership.
Complimentary International Airport Lounge Access.
Foreign Markup Fee of 2%.
|HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card||Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)||Up to 5% monthly cashback on many categories.Insurance cover up to Rs. 50 Lakh.|
|IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card||Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)||
Complimentary IndianOil XTRAREWARDS Program membership.
5% Fuel Points at IndianOil outlets, groceries, and bill payments.
Up to 50 liters of free fuel annually.
|Shaurya Select SBI RuPay Card||Rs. 1,500 (plus applicable taxes)||
10 Reward Points on every spend (Dining, Movies, Departmental Stores & Grocery spends) of Rs. 100.
1,500 bonus Reward Points on card renewal.
Pizza hut e-voucher on achieving quarterly milestone spend.
|Federal Bank Rupay Signet Credit Card||Rs. 750 (plus applicable taxes)||
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
3 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
Complimentary Swiggy vouchers on spending Rs. 20,000 or more in a quarter.
|LIC CSL Co-branded RuPay Credit Card - Lumine||NIL||
1,000 Delight Points on spending a Rs. 10,000 within 60 days.
2X points on LIC Payments1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver
|LIC CSL Co-branded RuPay Credit Card - Eclat||NIL||
4 Delight Points on every transaction of Rs. 100.
2X points on LIC Payments
1% Fuel Surcharge WaiverBuy 1 Get 1 Movie ticket Offer with BookMyShow
|PNB Patanjali RuPay Select Credit card||Rs. 750 (plus applicable taxes)||
2% cashback on shopping worth Rs. 2,500 or more at the Patanjali stores.
2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
RuPay Credit Cards Variants
RuPay Credit Cards come in three variants- Select Credit Cards, Platinum Credit Cards and Classic Credit Cards. The features and benefits that each of the three categories of cards offer are as under-
RuPay Select Credit Cards
It is the most premium category of RuPay Credit Cards. RuPay Select credit cards offer a plethora of value-added benefits to the card members like complimentary lounge access, gym access, golf program, etc. Some of the benefits that one gets with RuPay Select Credit Cards are-
- Complimentary airport lounge access: You get complimentary access to lounges at select domestic and international airports across the world with RuPay Select Credit Card. RuPay Select Credit Cards entitle you to 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter and 2 complimentary international airport lounge access every year. You can see the list of airport lounges where you get complimentary access on the official RuPay website. Although RuPay Platinum card members also get complimentary airport lounge access, certain lounges are exclusive for RuPay Select cardholders only.
- Complimentary Fitness Sessions: RuPay Select credit cards also entitle you to complimentary fitness and meditation sessions at your home.
- Complimentary Gym Access: You also get a 15/30 day free gym membership trial with your RuPay Select Credit Card.
- Golf Program: You get complimentary access to 20+ premium golf courses across the country with one complimentary golf game/lesson every year with your RuPay Select Credit Card.
- Comprehensive Insurance Cover: You also get comprehensive personal accident insurance and permanent disability cover worth up to Rs. 10 lacs with your RuPay Select Credit Card.
- Health Cleck-ups: Rupay Select credit card membership also entitles you to free routine health check-ups every year.
- Concierge Service: You also get a 24×7 concierge service with your RuPay Select Credit Card for travel assistance, hotel reservations, and many other consultancy services.
RuPay Platinum Credit Cards
RuPay Platinum Credit Cards is the second most premium category of credit cards issued on the RuPay platform. RuPay Platinum Credit Cards entitle you to the following benefits-
- Comprehensive Insurance Cover: RuPay Platinum Credit Cards entitle you to a complimentary insurance cover worth up to Rs. 2 lacs against accidental death and permanent disability.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access: Just like RuPay Select Credit Cards, RuPay Platinum Credit Cards also entitle you to 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter and 2 complimentary international airport lounge access every year.
- Concierge Service: Just like RuPay Select Credit Cards, you also get a 24×7 concierge service with your RuPay Platinum Credit Card for travel assistance, hotel reservations, and many other consultancy services.
- Exclusive Merchant Offers: You get exclusive offers at partner merchants including some of the popular brands like Amazon, Uber, BigBasket, Lakme, and many more with your RuPay Platinum Credit Card. To see a detailed list of all the offers available on RuPay Credit Cards, you may refer to the official offers page on the RuPay website.
The following infographics offer a quick reference and can come in handy to compare RuPay credit card three variants-
RuPay Classic Credit Cards
RuPay Classic Credit Cards are the most basic category of RuPay credit cards. Apart from the offers on partner merchants, you do not get any value-added benefits with RuPay Classic Credit Cards. To see all the offers available on RuPay credit cards, you may refer to the official offers page on the RuPay website.
RuPay Credit Cards Benefits and Features
RuPay, being a popular card network, comes with different types of features and benefits in partnership with various card issuers. However, not all the benefits are solely offered by the card network, but some of them are also offered by the card issuer and others are offered under a partnership between both. Following are some of the general benefits and features of the RuPay Credit Cards:
- Rewards: Almost all the credit cards issued in the RuPay network offer exciting reward rates across different categories. These reward rates may be different for different credit cards and may also vary for different categories.
- Travel Benefits: Many RuPay Credit Cards offer exclusive travel benefits, such as complimentary airport lounge access, railway lounge access, free memberships to selected airlines, discounts on flights & hotel bookings, and many more.
- Insurance Benefits: With the RuPay Credit Cards, you may also get insurance benefits, such as complimentary air accident cover, travel-related insurance covers like baggage protection, coverage against lost tickets/lost passports, etc.
- Dining and Entertainment Benefits: The RuPay Credit Cards also offer several great dining benefits, such as deals & discounts on dining across various premium restaurants. Talking about the entertainment benefits of these cards, some of them offer complimentary movie tickets, BOGO offer on movies, etc.
- Other Benefits: Other benefits of RuPay Credit Cards include fuel surcharge waiver, spend-based waiver of annual fees, additional discounts across partner brands, etc.
- Lower Transaction Fee: Since NPCI is a not-for-profit company, and transactions made with RuPay credit cards are processed locally within India, the transaction fee applicable on transactions made with RuPay credit cards is up to 23% less than that applicable on transactions made with the likes of Visa/MasterCard/American Express credit cards.
- Faster Transactions: Since all transactions made with RuPay credit cards are processed locally, they are completed much faster than those done with Visa/MasterCard/AmEx credit cards.
- Wide Range of Offers: NPCI has tied up with a number of domestic and international merchants to offer attractive discounts and deals on payment with RuPay credit cards.
Offers on RuPay Credit Cards
NPCI has partnered with various merchants in the country to offer a number of discounts and deals on RuPay Credit Cards. Some of the partner merchants include popular brands like Amazon, Uber, BigBasket, Peter England, and many more. RuPay Credit Card offers currently available in the Indian credit card market are as under-
|PharmEasy||Up to 23% off on PharmEasy bills||Valid till 30th September 2022|
|Live Mint||Flat Rs. 500 off on LiveMint subscription||30th September 2022|
|Wow China||15% off on total bill||31st October 2022|
|Hindustan Times||Flat Rs. 250 off on Hindustan times subscription||30th September 2022|
|Tata Cliq||Up to 25% off at Samsung online stores||31st July 2022|
|OYO||45% off on OYO||30th September 2022|
Apart from the aforementioned offers, there are a number of other offers applicable on the transactions made with RuPay credit cards. For more information on offers on RuPay credit cards, you may refer to the official offers page on the RuPay website.
NCPI has also partnered with many international merchants as well. So, many international merchants also offer exclusive discounts and benefits on transactions made with RuPay credit cards. For more details, you may refer to the official international offers page on the RuPay website.
International Acceptability of RuPay Credit Cards
Contrary to the users’ belief, Rupay Cards are widely accepted for international transactions as NPCI has partnered with international payment networks like Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Pulse and Union Pay to process transactions with overseas merchants.
International transactions on different RuPay Credit Cards are processed by different partner networks. The logos of the payment networks supported by a given RuPay credit card are printed on the back of the card (see the image below for reference).
How To Get a RuPay Credit Card?
You can get a RuPay Credit Card simply by applying for it online or offline. To apply offline, you can visit your nearest branch of a bank that issues RuPay Credit Cards and apply for the card by filling out the physical application form. make sure to carry all the necessary documents like identity proof, address proof, proof of income, etc, along with you. Moreover, you can also apply online for it via the respective bank’s official website. Another thing to keep in mind is that you will have to fulfill the required eligibility criteria that depend on age, income, and a few more important factors.
How To Apply For RuPay Credit Cards Online?
If you want to apply for a RuPay Credit Card online, you can do it easily via their official website, where the best RuPay Credit Cards issued by different card issuers have been added. You will just need to select the credit card you want and apply for it by getting redirected to the bank’s website. The following are the necessary steps that you will have to follow:
- Visit the RuPay network’s official website.
- Under the ‘Our Cards’ tab, click on ‘Credit.’
- Click on ‘Explore our Credit Card range.’
- Select the card you want to apply for.
- Click on ‘Know More.’
- You will be redirected to the respective bank’s official website.
- Apply for the card from there by filling in all the required details.
India’s homegrown payment network RuPay is giving tough competition to multinational networks like Visa, MasterCard and American Express. RuPay cards are not only accepted by domestic merchants, but also by overseas merchants, thanks to NPCI’s tie-ups with international networks like Diners Club, Discover, Pulse, JCB, and Uni Pay. Therefore, even if you make a lot of international transactions with your credit card, you can opt for a RuPay card without worrying about international acceptance. However, since most card issuers do not offer their credit cards in the premium or super-premium segment on the RuPay network, if you are looking for a premium credit card, you will have to go for a Visa/MasterCard/American Express credit card.
RuPay is an indigenous payment network by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) funded by the Indian government. Since it is an Indian payment platform, that too, funded by the government, the transaction fee charged by RuPay is much lesser than that charged by international payment networks like Visa and MasterCard.
RuPay Credit Cards are offered in 3 different variants- RuPay Select Credit Card, RuPay Platinum Credit Card, RuPay Classic Credit Card, with the RuPay Select Credit Card being the most premium variant and RuPay Classic Credit Card being the most basic variant.
RuPay Credit Cards natively do not support international transactions. However, NPCI has partnered with international payments networks including Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Pulse and Union Pay to process international transactions.
You get 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per quarter and 2 complimentary international airport lounge access every year with RuPay Select and RuPay Platinum Credit Cards. You do not get the airport lounge access benefit with RuPay Classic credit cards.
Yes, since domestic transactions made over the RuPay payment network are processed locally within India, the transactions are usually faster.
RuPay Select credit cards and RuPay Platinum credit cards offer a comprehensive insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lacs and Rs. 2 lacs respectively against accidental death and permanent disability.
Most RuPay credit cards currently available in the Indian credit card market are not lifetime free credit cards. However, some RuPay credit cards like the Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card (recently launched on the RuPay platform) is a lifetime free RuPay credit card.
Yes, SBI Card does offer RuPay Credit Cards. Some of the RuPay Credit Cards by SBI Card currently available in the Indian credit card market are- IRCTC SBI RuPay Credit Card, Shaurya SBI RuPay Card and Shaurya Select SBI RuPay Card.
Yes, HDFC Bank also offers some of its credit cards on the RuPay platform. For example, HDFC Millennia Credit Card and Indian Oil HDFC Credit Card, apart from the Visa network, are also offered on the RuPay payment network.