A great entry-level credit card, the SBI SimplySAVE charges an annual fee of Rs. 499 and offers a welcome benefit of 2000 bonus reward points. You earn accelerated reward points on grocery, movies, and departmental store purchases with the card, making it perfect for individuals who are new to the credit scene and are seeking to save money on essential everyday expenses. This card can also be linked to your UPI applications.
In addition to rewards, you receive an annual fee waiver on spending Rs. 1 lakh or more with the card. This can be easily achieved, hence making this card free from any annual charges. There are limited travel, dining, or entertainment privileges associated with the card, as it is primarily designed for beginners seeking an entry-level credit card. To learn more about the card, its benefits and features, as well as its fees and charges, continue reading.
SBI SimplySAVE UPI Rupay Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
10X Reward Points on movie and dining spends
1 Reward Point for Rs. 150 spent (reward rate = 0.25%), 10X RPs for spends made in movies, grocery, dining, & departmental stores (reward rate = 2.5%)
Redeem points earned for gift vouchers on sbicard.com or SBI mobile app. Also, for paying the card’s outstanding balance. (1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25)
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
On reporting the loss of the card to the bank within the stipulated time, the card holder will not be liable for any transaction done on the card.
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal fee can be waived by spending Rs. 1 lakh in a card anniversary year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.50% per month (or 42% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 (capped at Rs. 100 per month)
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- On spending Rs. 2,000 within the 60 days of card activation get 2,000 bonus RPs that are worth Rs. 500.
- 1 Reward Point for every spend of Rs. 150.
- 10X Reward Points (10 Points per Rs. 150) on spends on movies, dining, grocery categories, and departmental stores.
- Annual renewal fee reversed on expenditure of minimum Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding year.
- 1% fuel surcharge wavier.
- This card comes at a low joining fee of 499.
- You can earn great reward points on spends with this card.
- This card doesn’t provide international or domestic lounge access.
- There aren’t any insurance benefits with this card.
- Reward redemptions will be chargeable at Rs. 99
SBI Simply SAVE Credit Card Features & Benefits
SBI SimplySAVE Card is a basic yet popular credit card offered by SBI Card. As the name suggests, the card comes with exclusive saving opportunities, as you can save almost every time you spend using it. The following explained features and benefits of the card will make you understand how you can save more and more using this card:
2,000 Bonus RPs that are worth Rs. 500 on the expenditure of Rs. 2,000 in the first 60 days of card activation.
The SBI Simply SAVE Credit Card is available on the RuPay network, meaning you can link this card to popular UPI applications like Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, etc.
Renewal Fee Waiver
The annual renewal fee of the card for the card can be waived on spending Rs. 1 Lakh or more in the previous year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
For every fuel transaction between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000, the cardholder can get a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge. Note that a maximum of Rs. 100 per month can be waived.
You can avail of add-on SimplySave Credit Cards at no additional cost for your family. Your parents, siblings, and spouse can avail of these add-on credit cards and make their spends. Many times, SBI Card comes up with exciting offers for add-on Simply Save RuPay Credit Cards. Here is one such offer.
Simply SAVE SBI Credit Card Rewards:
- 10X Reward Points for every Rs. 150 purchase made on dining, departmental stores, movies, and grocery spending (reward rate = 2.5%).
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 150 spent on other purchases (Reward rate = 0.25%).
Reward Points Redemption:
Redeem the RPs earned with the Simply Save card for an array of categories, including shopping, purchasing gift vouchers, etc., and you can even use it against your card’s statement balance. You can redeem the SimplySave card reward points as follows:
- Against gift vouchers by logging in to sbicard.com or via the SBI mobile app.
- Against the card’s outstanding amount through Internet banking.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25, i.e, 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Fees & Charges
It’s really essential to be aware of the fees & charges associated with a credit card before you apply for it. The annual fee is not the only fee charged by credit cards; but there are a lot of other charges as well. These charges include interest rates, forex markup fees, cash advance fees, and many more. Refer to the following points to know the fees & charges on the SBI SimplySave Card:
- Joining & Annual fee: The annual as well as the joining fee for the SimlySAVE card is Rs. 499 + GST.
- Interest Rates: 3.5% per month (42% annually)
- Cash Advance Fee: 2.5% on the amount withdrawn, subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: 3.5% of the transaction amount.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The process of getting a credit card is not as easy as it seems to some individuals. Every bank/card issuer has some eligibility criteria for every credit card that needs to be fulfilled to get approved for a particular card. The factors that influence your eligibility are age, your income, and your credit history. So, make sure to check for the eligibility criteria of a credit card before you apply for it. The following is the criteria for the Simply SAVE SBI Card:
|18 years – 65 years
|Rs. 20,000 per month
|21 years – 65 years
|Rs. 20,000 per month (as per ITR)
How to Apply for an SBI SimplySAVE RuPay Card?
One can apply for the Simply Save Card either online or offline. If you want to apply offline, then visit your closest SBI branch and ask the branch executives to provide you with the physical application form to apply for the SimplySave Card. Fill in the form carefully and submit it. To apply for this card online, you can click on the Apply Now button on your screen. You will be redirected to the official credit card application page, where you have to enter a few details and submit your application.
If you need any assistance to apply for the SBI SimplySave Card, you can contact the SBI Card customer care and request them to assist you for the same.
SBI SimplySave Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
- Generate your SimplySave SBI Card PIN via an SBI ATM nearest to you. Find the option to generate a PIN using OTP on the main menu and move accordingly.
- Another easy way to activate your card is Internet Banking. Log in /Sign up to your SBi Card internet banking account and look for an option for credit card activation/PIN generation.
- You may contact customer care and ask them to assist you in the PIN generation.
SimplySAVE SBI Credit Card Limit
The SBI Card has not disclosed anything about the credit limit they provide with the Simply Save Credit Card. The limit can be different for different cardholders, depending on their past payment behavior and credit history. You may get a credit card that is lower than you expected or way higher than that. If the credit limit on your SimplySave SBI Credit Card is not sufficient, the credit limit can be increased by contacting customer care or by visiting the branch. But before applying for a higher limit, you should use the card responsible for at least six months so that your card issuer can trust you and provide you with a higher credit limit. You can also send an SMS INCR XXXX to 5676791, where XXXX denotes the last four digits of your credit card number.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Bill Payment
Making your credit card statement payment before the due date is one of the most essential steps that must be followed while using a credit card. Following are different ways in which you can make your SimplySave SBI Card bill payments:
- You can pay your Card bill through the SBI bill desk. Just enter your card details, mobile number, email address, and the amount to be paid, and the transaction will be done easily in seconds.
- If you have an account in another bank, you can make bill payments via NEFT. Enter your SBI SimplySave Card number as your account number and find the IFSC code online.
- The YONO app of SBI gives you another simple way to pay your credit card bill. Just register on the app and link your credit card to make payments easily through the app.
- You can also pay the bill through your nearest SBI ATM. Go to the ATM and find the option to pay credit card bills from the main menu. Fill in the required details and pay the bill.
- If you don’t prefer online options, you can visit your nearest SBI branch and pay the bill offline via cash or cheque. You can also drop the cheque at your interest ATM dropbox. But make sure to do it at least a week before the payment due date, as it takes a few days to process the bill payment in this case.
Cards Similar To SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
|SimplySAVE SBI Card
|SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
|HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card
SBI SimplySave RuPay Credit Card Review
Considering the shopping benefits it offers at a nominal annual fee of just Rs. 499, SimplySAVE SBI Card can be regarded as the best-suited card for first-time cardholders. Apart from shopping (select categories), the card earns you accelerated Reward Points on movie and dining spends as well. However, if you prefer online shopping over offline purchases, the SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card would be more suitable for you. So, make sure to analyze your spending habits before going further with any decision to get a credit card. Understand where you spend a lot and check whether this card is right for you. However, if you are new to credit cards and want a basic card with reward benefits, you can undoubtedly apply for this one.
This was our review of the SBI Simply Save Credit Card. Do let us know your thoughts on this entry-level shopping SBI credit card in the comment section. Also, if you have used the Simply Save card, let us know your experience with it.