SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is an entry-level offering by SBI Card. The card comes with an annual fee of just Rs. 499 and is very much comparable with SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card. It welcomes you with 2,000 bonus Reward Points, which are equivalent to Rs. 500 and hence you get the joining fee back in the form of rewards. While SimplyCLICK Card earns accelerated Reward Points on online spends, SimplySAVE SBI Credit Card earns you accelerated Reward Points on spends on dining, movies, grocery and departmental store categories. This card is generally a great choice for people who are looking for a basic card with maximum saving opportunities in these particular categories.
Other than its reward programs, the card allows you to get the annual membership fee waived off every year just by achieving the milestone spend of One lakh rupees. Just like SBI Simply CLICK Credit Card, Simply SAVE SBI Card also does not offer any value-added travel/dining/movie benefits, however, you do earn accelerated Reward Points on dining and movie spends. It is because the card is targeted at people who are just going to start their journey with credit cards or who want an affordable card just to save more. Read on to learn more about this entry-level credit card by SBI Card, its benefits, and fees & charges.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- 2,000 Reward Points worth Rs. 500 as a welcome gift on spending Rs. 2,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
- 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent with the card.
- 10X Reward Points (10 Points per Rs. 100) on spends on dining, movies, departmental stores and grocery categories.
- Annual renewal fee reversed on expenditure of minimum Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off at all filling stations across India for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 (max waiver capped at Rs. 100 per month).
Rewards and Benefits
2,000 Reward points on expenditure of Rs. 2,000 within 60 days of card issuance
Movie & Dining
10X Reward Points on movie and dining spends
1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent (reward rate = 0.25%), 10X RPs on grocery, dining, movies, and departmental store spends (reward rate = 2.5%)
Reward Points redeemable for gift vouchers on sbicard.com or SBI mobile app or for paying the card’s outstanding balance, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder shall not be liable for any fraudulent transaction made with the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off on expenditure of Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.50% per month (or 42% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waived off on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 (max waiver capped at Rs. 100 per month)
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
SBI Simply SAVE Credit Card Features & Benefits
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is a basic yet one of the most popular credit cards issued by SBI Card. As suggested by its name, the card comes with exclusive saving opportunities as you can save almost every time you spend using it. The following explained features and benefits of the card will make you understand how you can save more and more using this card:
2,000 Bonus Reward Points worth Rs. 500 on the expenditure of Rs. 2,000 within 60 days of card set-up.
The annual renewal fee of the card is waived off on an expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding membership year.
Simply SAVE SBI Credit Card Rewards:
- 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100 spent with the card (reward rate = 0.25%).
- 10X Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on dining, movies, departmental stores and grocery spends (reward rate = 2.5%).
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
1% fuel surcharge is waived off at all filling stations across India for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000. The maximum waived amount of fuel transactions is capped at Rs. 100 per statement cycle.
SBI SimplySAVE Card Reward Points Redemption:
The Reward Points you earn using this card can be redeemed against an array of categories including shopping, purchasing gift vouchers, etc, and you can even use it against your card’s statement balance. You can redeem the SimplySave card reward points as follows:
- against gift vouchers by logging in to sbicard.com or SBI mobile app.
- against the card’s outstanding balance through internet banking.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25, i.e, 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Fees & Charges
It’s really essential to be aware of the fees & charges of a credit card before you apply for it. The annual fee is not the only fee charged by credit cards, but there are a lot of other charges as well. These charges include interest rate, forex markup fee, cash advance fee, and many more. Refer to the following points to know the fees & charges on the SBI SimplySave Card:
- The joining and annual fee of the SimlySAVE SBI Credit Card is Rs. 500. The annual fee can be waived off if you spend Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on this card is 3.5% per month, i.e, 42% per annum.
- If you withdraw cash using your SimplySAVE SBI Card, a cash advance fee of 2.5% (or Rs. 500) is chargeable.
- The foreign currency transaction fee on this credit card is 3.5% of the total transaction amount.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Eligibility & Documents Required
Getting a credit card is not as easy as it might seem to be to some individuals. Every bank/card issuer has some eligibility criteria for every credit card that needs to be fulfilled by the applicant in order to get approved for that particular card. The factors which affect your eligibility for a credit card include your age, your income, and your credit history. So, make sure to check for the eligibility criteria of a credit card before you apply for it. The following is the criteria for the Simply SAVE SBI Card:
|Salaried||18 years – 65 years||Rs. 20,000 per month|
|Self-employed||21 years – 65 years||Rs. 20,000 per month (as per ITR)|
In order to verify all the details mentioned on your credit card application, some documents are required to be uploaded or submitted by you to your card issuer. Following are the documents required to apply for the SimplySave Card:
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voters’ Id, Driving License, or Passport.
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Utility bills, passport, or Driving License.
- Income Proof – latest bank statement, latest salary slips, or latest audited financial reports.
How To Apply For SBI SimplySAVE Card?
You can apply for the SBI Simply Save Credit Card online as well as offline according to your convenience. To apply offline, you will simply need to visit your nearest SBI branch and ask the branch executives to provide you with the physical application form to apply for the SimplySave Card. Fill in the form carefully and submit. To apply for this card online, you can follow just a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the Sbi Card’s official website, https://www.sbicard.com/.
- Under the section ‘Apply,’ click on ‘Apply Now.
- You will see all the SBI Credit cards on your screen.
- Select the SBI SimplySave Card and click on apply now.
- Enter all the required details and submit the application form.
If you need any assistance in order to apply for the SBI SimplySave Card, you can contact the SBI Card customer care and ask them to assist you for the same.
How To Check SBI SimplySave Credit Card Application Status?
Following are different methods to check your SimplySave SBI Card application status:
- Visit the SBI Card’s official website and click on the option credit cards. Now, you will be redirected to a new page where you will have to scroll down. At the very bottom of the page, you will find an option ‘Track Application.’ Click on that option and know the status of your application by entering your application number.
- You can also contact SBI card customer care and ask them about your credit card application status.
- If you don’t prefer calling or other online methods, you can simply visit your nearest branch and ask the bank executives to help you know your credit card application status.
SBI SimplySave Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
- You can generate the PIN of your SimplySave SBI Card via an SBI ATM nearest to you. Find the option to generate a PIN using OTP from the main menu and proceed further.
- Another easy way to activate your credit card is Internet Banking. Log in /Sign up to your SBi Card internet banking account and find an option for credit card activation/PIN generation.
- You can also contact the SBI Card customer care and ask them to help you generate the PIN for your Simply Save Credit Card.
SimplySAVE SBI Credit Card Limit
The SBI Card has not disclosed anything about the credit limit they provide with the Simply Save Credit Card. The limit can be different for different cardholders, depending on their past payment behaviour and credit history. You may get a credit card lower than you expected or way higher than that. If you feel that the credit limit on your SimplySave SBI Credit Card is not sufficient, you can get your credit limit increased by contacting customer care or by visiting the branch. But before applying for a higher limit, it is advisable for you to use the card responsible for at least six months so that your card issuer can trust you and provide you with a higher credit limit. You can also send an SMS INCR XXXX to 5676791, where XXXX denotes the last four digits of your credit card number.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Bill Payment
Making your credit card bill payment on time is one of the most essential steps that must be followed while using a credit card. Following are different ways in which you can make your SimplySave SBI Card bill payments:
- You can pay your SBI Credit Card bill through the SBI billdesk. Just enter your card details, mobile number, email address, and the amount to be paid and the transaction will be done easily in seconds.
- If you have an account in another bank, you can make the credit card bill payment via NEFT. Enter your SBI SimplySave Card number as your account number and find the IFSC code online.
- The YONO app of SBI gives you another simple way to pay your credit card bill. Just register yourself on the app and link your credit card and make payments easily through the app.
- You can also pay the bill through your nearest SBI ATM. Go to the ATM and find the option to pay credit card bills from the main menu. Fill in the required details and pay the bill.
- If you don’t prefer online options, you can visit your nearest SBI branch and pay the bill offline via cash or cheque. You can also drop the cheque at your interest ATM dropbox. But, make sure to do it at least a week before the payment due date as it takes a few days to process the bill payment in this case.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Netbanking/Login
To register your SimplySAVE SBI Card for internet banking, you will have to follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of SBI Card.
- Under the Login button, click on the option ‘New User? Register Now.’
- Now, enter the required details, which include your credit card number, CVV, and Date of birth.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP to complete the verification process.
- After successful verification, you will need to enter your username and password and then click on confirm.
- Your card will be successfully registered for internet banking.
SBI SimplySave Card Customer Care
- To contact SBI SimpleSave Card customer care via the call, you can dial any of these numbers: 1800 180 1290 (toll-free), 1860 500 1290, 1860 180 1290, or 39 02 02 02.
- You can also contact SBI Card customer care via Twitter on @SBICard_Connect.
- If you want to write and send your query via mail, you can send the mail to [email protected] Make sure to write your details like your name, date of birth, credit card number, etc.
Cards Similar To SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
|Benefits||SimplySAVE SBI Card||SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card||HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 499||Rs. 499||Rs. 500|
1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100.
10x Reward Points on groceries, movies, dining, and departmental stores.
1 Reward Points on every offline spend of Rs. 100.
5x Reward Points on online spends.
10x Reward Points on online spends on partner brands.
2 Cash Points on every offline spend of Rs. 150.
5x Cash points on EMI transactions at merchant outlets.
10x Cash Points on Flipkart, Amazon, Big Basket, Swiggy, and Reliance Smart Store.
|Reward Redemption||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products, vouchers, and cashback.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against product catalog and statement balance.||
1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption on SmartBuy.
1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against statement balance.
|Additional Benefits||N/A||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.|
Considering the shopping benefits that it offers at a nominal annual fee of just Rs. 499, SimplySAVE SBI Card can be considered one of the best-suited cards for first-time cardholders. Apart from shopping (select categories), the card earns you accelerated Reward Points on movie and dining spends as well. However, if you prefer online shopping over offline purchases, SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card would be a better pick for you. So, make sure to analyze your spending habits before going further with any decision to apply for a credit card. Understand the categories where you spend the most and then check whether this card is right for you or not. However, if you are new to the world of credit cards and want to have a basic card with reward benefits, you can undoubtedly apply for this one.
This was our review on the SBI Simply Save Credit Card. Do let us know your thoughts on this entry-level shopping SBI credit card in the comments. And if you’re an existing cardholder feel free to share your experience for the benefit of others.
Reward Points earned on your SBI Simply SAVE Credit Card are redeemable for gift vouchers on sbicard.com or SBI mobile app or for paying the card’s outstanding balance, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Yes, you can pay electricity, mobile, telephone, and other bills using the EasyPay facility provided by SBI Card.
Yes, you can withdraw cash with your Simply SAVE SBI Credit Card. However, a cash advance fee of 2.5% of the withdrawn amount is applicable.
Yes, with the SBI SimplySave Card, you get a 1% fuel surcharge waived off on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 & Rs. 3,000.
No, the Simply Save SBI Credit Card doesn’t provide any airport lounge access.
SBI Card has not disclosed the limit it provides with the SimplySAVE Card as it varies for different cardholders, depending on their past payment behavior and credit history.
The add-on card fee for the SimplySave Credit Card is zero.
The interest rate on the SBI Simply Save Credit Card is 3.5% per month.
To cancel/close your SBI SimplySAve card, you can visit your nearest SBI branch and fill in the physical form for account closure.
The annual fee of the SimplySave SBI Card is Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes.