SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card issued by SBI card is a great entry level credit card choice. With an annual fee of Rs. 499, the card is similar to the SBI SimplyCLICK Card. The cardholder gets 2,000 Bonus RPs as a welcome benefit, which are equivalent to Rs. 500, hence you get the joining fee back in the form of rewards. While SimplyCLICK Card earns accelerated Points for online spends, SimplySAVE SBI Credit Card earns you accelerated Reward Points on spends on dining, movies, grocery and departmental store categories. This card is generally a great choice for people who are looking for a basic card with maximum saving opportunities in these particular categories.
Other than its reward programs, the card allows you to get the annual membership fee waived off every year just by achieving the milestone spend of One lakh rupees. Just like SBI Simply CLICK Credit Card, Simply SAVE SBI Card also does not provide any benefit in Dining, travel, or entertainment, however, you do earn accelerated Reward Points on dining and movie spends. It is because the card is targeted at people that are new to credit cards or who want an affordable card just to save better. Keep reading to know more about the SimplySAVE credit card.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- On spending Rs. 2,000 within the 60 days of card activation get 2,000 bonus RPs that are worth Rs. 500.
- 1 Reward Point for every spend of Rs. 100.
- 10X Reward Points (10 Points per Rs. 100) on spends on movies, dining, grocery categories, and departmental stores.
- Annual renewal fee reversed on expenditure of minimum Rs. 1 lakh in the preceding year.
- 1% fuel surcharge wavier.
Rewards and Benefits
2,000 Reward points (worth Rs. 500) on spending Rs. 2,000 or more in first 60 days of card set-up.
Movie & Dining
10X Reward Points on movie and dining spends
1 Reward Point for Rs. 100 spent (reward rate = 0.25%), 10X RPs for spends made in movies, grocery, dining, & departmental stores (reward rate = 2.5%)
Redeem points earned for gift vouchers on sbicard.com or SBI mobile app. Also, for paying the card’s outstanding balance. (1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25)
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
On reporting the loss of the card to the bank within the stipulated time, the card holder will not be liable for any transaction done on the card.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee can be waived off on incurring Rs. 1 lakh in the previous year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.50% per month (or 42% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 (capped at Rs. 100 per month)
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
SBI Simply SAVE Credit Card Features & Benefits
SBI SimplySAVE Card is a basic yet a popular credit card offered by SBI Card. As the name suggests, the card comes with exclusive saving opportunities as you can save almost every time you spend using it. The following explained features and benefits of the card will make you understand how you can save more and more using this card:
2,000 Bonus RPs that are worth Rs. 500 on the expenditure of Rs. 2,000 in the first 60 days of card activation.
The annual renewal fee of the card for the card can be waived on spending Rs. 1 Lakh or more in the previous year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
For every fuel transaction between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 the cardholder can get a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge. Note that a maximum of Rs. 100 per month can be waived off.
Simply SAVE SBI Credit Card Rewards:
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent (Reward rate = 0.25%).
- 10X Reward Points for every Rs. 100 purchase made on dining, departmental stores, movies, and grocery spending (reward rate = 2.5%).
Reward Points Redemption:
Redeem the RPs earned with the Simply Save card for an array of categories including shopping, purchasing gift vouchers, etc, and you can even use it against your card’s statement balance. You can redeem the SimplySave card reward points as follows:
- Against gift vouchers by logging in to sbicard.com or via SBI mobile app.
- Against card’s outstanding amount through internet banking.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25, i.e, 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Fees & Charges
It’s really essential to be aware of the fees & charges associated with a credit card before you apply for it. The annual fee is not the only fee charged by credit cards, but there are a lot of other charges as well. These charges include interest rate, forex markup fee, cash advance fee, and many more. Refer to the following points to know the fees & charges on the SBI SimplySave Card:
- Joining & Annual fee: The annual as well as the joining fee for the SimlySAVE card is Rs. 500.
- Interest Rates: 3.5% per month (42% annually)
- Cash Advance Fee: 2.5% on the amount withdrawn subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: 3.5% of the transaction amount.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The process to get a credit card is not as easy as it seems to some individuals. Every bank/card issuer has some eligibility criteria for every credit card that needs to be fulfilled to get approved for a particular card. The factors which influence your eligibility are age, your income, and your credit history. So, make sure to check for the eligibility criteria of a credit card before you apply for it. The following is the criteria for the Simply SAVE SBI Card:
|Salaried||18 years – 65 years||Rs. 20,000 per month|
|Self-employed||21 years – 65 years||Rs. 20,000 per month (as per ITR)|
In order to verify all the details mentioned on your credit card application, some documents are required to be uploaded or submitted by you to your card issuer. Following are the documents needed to apply for the SimplySave Card:
- Identity Proof – Voters’ Id, PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, or Passport.
- Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Utility bills, passport, or Driving License.
- Income Proof – latest bank statement, latest salary slips, or latest audited financial reports.
How To Apply For SBI SimplySAVE Card?
One can apply for the Simply Save Card either online or offline. If you want to apply offline, then visit your closest SBI branch and ask the branch executives to provide you with the physical application form to apply for the SimplySave Card. Fill in the form carefully and submit. To apply for this card online, you can follow the steps as cited below:
- Visit Sbi Card’s official website, https://www.sbicard.com/.
- Under the section ‘Apply,’ click on ‘Apply Now.
- All the cards will be visible on your screen.
- Select SBI SimplySave Card and click on ‘apply now’.
- Enter all the mandatory particulars and submit the application form.
If you need any assistance to apply for the SBI SimplySave Card, you can contact the SBI Card customer care and request them to assist you for the same.
How To Check SBI SimplySave Credit Card Application Status?
Following are different methods to check your SimplySave SBI Card application status:
- On visiting the official website of SBI, you will find an option of credit cards. You will be shifted to a new page where you will have to scroll down. At the very bottom of the page, you will find an option ‘Track Application.’ Click on that option and know the position of your application by entering your application number.
- You can also contact SBI card customer care and inquire about your card’s status.
- If you don’t prefer calling or other online methods, you can simply visit your closest branch and request the bank officials to assist you to know the status of your application.
SBI SimplySave Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
- Generate your SimplySave SBI Card PIN via an SBI ATM nearest to you. Find the option to generate a PIN using OTP on the main menu and move accordingly.
- Another easy way to activate your card is Internet Banking. Log in /Sign up to your SBi Card internet banking account and look for an option for credit card activation/PIN generation.
- You may contact the customer care and ask them to assist you in the PIN generation.
SimplySAVE SBI Credit Card Limit
The SBI Card has not disclosed anything about the credit limit they provide with the Simply Save Credit Card. The limit can be different for different cardholders, depending on their past payment behaviour and credit history. You may get a credit card lower than you expected or way higher than that. If you feel that the credit limit on your SimplySave SBI Credit Card is not sufficient, the credit limit can be increased by contacting customer care or by visiting the branch. But before applying for a higher limit, it is advisable for you to use the card responsible for at least six months so that your card issuer can trust you and provide you with a higher credit limit. You can also send an SMS INCR XXXX to 5676791, where XXXX denotes the last four digits of your credit card number.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Bill Payment
Making your credit card statement payment before the due date is one of the most essential steps that must be followed while using a credit card. Following are different ways in which you can make your SimplySave SBI Card bill payments:
- You can pay your Card bill through the SBI billdesk. Just enter your card details, mobile number, email address, and the amount to be paid and the transaction will be done easily in seconds.
- If you have an account in another bank, you can make bill payment via NEFT. Enter your SBI SimplySave Card number as your account number and find the IFSC code online.
- The YONO app of SBI gives you another simple way to pay your credit card bill. Just register on the app and link your credit card to make payments easily through the app.
- You can also pay the bill through your nearest SBI ATM. Go to the ATM and find the option to pay credit card bills from the main menu. Fill in the required details and pay the bill.
- If you don’t prefer online options, you can visit your nearest SBI branch and pay the bill offline via cash or cheque. You can also drop the cheque at your interest ATM dropbox. But, make sure to do it at least a week before the payment due date as it takes a few days to process the bill payment in this case.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Netbanking/Login
To register your SimplySAVE SBI Card for internet banking, follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the bank at SBI Card.
- Click on ‘New User? Register Now.’
- Now, enter the required details, which include your card number, CVV, and Date of birth.
- Enter that OTP received on the mobile number which is registered with your card to complete the verification process.
- After successful verification, you will need to enter your username and password and then click on confirm.
- Now your card is registered for net banking.
SBI SimplySave Card Customer Care
- To contact SBI SimpleSave Card customer care you can call at these numbers: 1860 180 1290, 1860 500 1290, 39 02 02 02, or 1800 180 1290 (toll-free).
- You can also reach SBI Card customer care on Twitter at @SBICard_Connect.
- If you want to write and send your query via mail, you can send the mail to [email protected] Make sure to write your details like your name, date of birth, credit card number, etc.
Cards Similar To SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
|Benefits||SimplySAVE SBI Card||SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card||HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 499||Rs. 499||Rs. 500|
1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100.
10x Reward Points on groceries, movies, dining, and departmental stores.
1 Reward Points on every offline spend of Rs. 100.
5x Reward Points on online spends.
10x Reward Points on online spends on partner brands.
2 Cash Points on every offline spend of Rs. 150.
5x Cash points on EMI transactions at merchant outlets.
10x Cash Points on Flipkart, Amazon, Big Basket, Swiggy, and Reliance Smart Store.
|Reward Redemption||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products, vouchers, and cashback.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against product catalog and statement balance.||
1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption on SmartBuy.
1 Cash Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against statement balance.
|Additional Benefits||N/A||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.||Earn gift vouchers worth up to Rs. 2,000 every year on achieving the spend milestone.|
Considering the shopping benefits that it offers at a nominal annual fee of just Rs. 499, SimplySAVE SBI Card can be regarded as the best-suited card for first-time cardholders. Apart from shopping (select categories), the card earns you accelerated Reward Points on movie and dining spends as well. However, if you prefer online shopping over offline purchases, SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card would be a more suitable pick for you. So, make sure to analyze your spending habits before going further with any decision to get a credit card. Understand where you spend a lot and check whether this card is right for you or not. However, if you are new to credit cards and want a basic card with reward benefits, you can undoubtedly apply for this one.
This was our review on the SBI Simply Save Credit Card. Do let us know your thoughts on this entry-level shopping SBI credit card in the comment section. Also, if you have used the Simply Save card, let us know your experience with it.
Reward Points earned on your SBI Simply SAVE Credit Card can be redeemed for gift vouchers on sbicard.com or via SBI mobile app. You can also use the points to settle the cards’s outstanding amount. (1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25)
Yes, you can pay electricity, mobile, telephone, and other bills using the EasyPay facility provided by SBI Card.
Yes, you can withdraw cash with your Simply SAVE SBI Credit Card. However, a 2.5% cash advance fee will be applicable on the amount withdrawn.
Yes, with the SBI SimplySave Card, you get a 1% waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 & Rs. 3,000.
No, the Simply Save SBI Credit Card doesn’t offer any airport lounge visits.
SBI Card has not disclosed the limit it provides with the SimplySAVE Card as it varies from person to person and also depends upon your credit history.
The add-on card fee for the SimplySave Credit Card is zero.
The interest rate applicable on the SBI Simply Save Credit Card is 3.5% per month.
To cancel/close your SBI SimplySAve card, visit your closest SBI branch and fill in the physical form for account closure.
The annual fee of the SimplySave SBI Card is Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes.