SBI Card is one of the most trusted credit card issuers in the market. This bank has issued numerous credit cards starting from basic and entry-level credit cards to super-premium credit cards. The SimplySAVE Credit Card by the State Bank of India is a basic yet popular credit card among the people of society. With this credit card, the cardholders will not only get bonus reward points in the form of welcome benefits but can also get accelerated reward points while they spend on some particular categories such as dining, groceries, movie, and departmental store spends.
The cardholders will also get a fuel surcharge waiver on the fuel transactions done using this credit card. Additionally, on the basis of the amount the cardholders spend using their credit card, they can opt for a spend-based waiver of the renewal fee as well. This card charges a very nominal joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499. Also, since this credit card is a very basic credit card, this credit card does not provide any value-added benefit to the credit cardholders.
On the other hand, the BPCL SBI Credit Card is a co-branded fuel credit card for which SBI and BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited) has partnered with each other. This is a fuel credit card but is quite a famous credit card as this card allows the cardholders to save immensely on fuel transactions done at BPCL fuel stations. This credit card also provides you with reward points on your regular spends and accelerated reward points while you spend on specific categories such as dining, movies, departmental stores, and groceries. This credit card comes with a very affordable joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499 which can be waived on the basis of the amount you spend in an anniversary year.
Both the credit cards by SBI Bank are basic and entry-level credit cards that provide cardholders with some great benefits and features. While one is a general credit card, the other one is a co-branded credit card that provides you with benefits while transacting at the particular brand. Now let us discuss in detail the reward and benefits of each credit card individually to have a better understanding of them.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that is best suitable for new entrants in this field. This card lets you earn enhanced reward points while spending on movies, departmental stores, dining, and grocery. No value-added benefits like lounge access, golf courses, etc will be available on this card as this card is an entry-level credit card. Placed at an annual fee of Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes, this card comes with various features that are discussed in this article below –
- A welcome benefit of 2,000 reward points on spending Rs. 2,000 through your credit card within 60 days of issuance of the credit card.
- 10x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent towards movie, dining, departmental store and grocery spends.
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories.
- As a milestone benefit, the annual fee for the succeeding year of the SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card will be waived off on spending of Rs. 1,00,000 in the preceding year.
- You are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions of Rs. 500 to Rs. 4,000 at all fuel stations across India. The waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 100 per statement cycle.
- The reward points earned with SBI SimplySave Credit Card can be redeemed against the gift vouchers available at www.sbicard.com or by logging in to the SBI Mobile Application.
- The points can also be used for paying the outstanding balance towards your credit card, wherein 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
BPCL SBI Credit Card
A co-branded credit card, BPCL SBI Credit Card can help the cardholders save generously on fuel transactions at the BPCL fuel stations. This credit card will provide you with benefits not just on fuel transactions but also on regular transactions done using this credit card as well. The cardholders will also get bonus reward points once they pay the joining fee on the credit card. The cardholders will not get any major value-added benefits from this credit card as this is a basic credit card. Placed at a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499, the following are the features and benefits that this credit card brings along with it –
- As a welcome benefit to this credit card, the cardholders will get 2,000 bonus reward points worth Rs. 500. These bonus reward points will be credited to the cardholders’ account 20 days after he has paid the joining fee on the credit card.
- The cardholders will get 13x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on fuel transactions at the BPCL fuel stations. A cardholder can earn a maximum of 1,300 reward points in a month at an accelerated rate under this category.
- You will get 5x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on some specific categories such as groceries, departmental stores, movies, and dining. A cardholder can earn a maximum of 5,000 Reward Points at an accelerated rate under this category.
- On every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories, the cardholders will get 1 Reward point.
- The cardholders will get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions up to Rs. 4,000. The maximum surcharge is capped at Rs. 100 per statement cycle.
- This card comes with a renewal fee of Rs. 499 which can be waived off if the cardholder is able to spend Rs. 50,000 using this credit card in an anniversary year.
- The reward points that the cardholders earn with the BPCL SBI Credit Card can be redeemed against various products and vouchers available at www.sbicard.com.
- The cardholders can also redeem the reward points against cash (i.e., against the statement balance of the credit card) by contacting the customer care number mentioned on the backside of the credit card.
- Furthermore, you can also redeem the earned reward points at 1200 selected BPCL fuel stations.
- For the purpose of redemption, 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card and SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card-
|Basis||SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card||BPCL SBI Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
|Dining Benefits & Movie Benefits||
The SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that provides cardholders with amazing shopping benefits and is best suited for new entrants in the field of credit cards. However, the cardholders will get accelerated benefits while spending on some specific categories such as dining, movies, and grocery. Apart from this, the credit cardholders will also get a fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions. This credit card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499 which is quite justified with regards to the benefits that this credit card provides. On the other hand, BPCL SBI Credit Card is a decent fuel credit card that provides helps the cardholders to save amazingly on fuel transactions done at BPCL fuel stations. Additionally, this credit card also allows the credit cardholders to earn higher reward points while spending on some specific categories such as dining, movies, groceries, and departmental stores. The cardholders are also entitled to a fuel surcharge waiver.
This credit card also comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499 which is in sync with the reward and benefits of this credit card. While both the credit cards come with a similar kind of reward structure and joining and renewal fee, the BPCL SBI Credit Card will be best suitable for those individuals who spend quite frequently on fuel transactions and that too on BPCL fuel stations. The cardholders will get a total value back of 4.25% (including a fuel surcharge waiver of 1%) while transacting on fuel with this credit card. The customer should well analyze his spending pattern and the features of the credit cards individually before applying for a credit card.
If you still have any doubts or queries related to these credit cards, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!