Last year, SBI Card came up with a very exclusive credit card, i.e., the SBI Card PULSE, which was specially curated for people who are fitness enthusiasts and love having an active lifestyle. This card helps you to manage your wealth along with your health. With this credit card, you get a complimentary membership to Fitpass Pro and Netmeds First. Not only this, but you also get other benefits such as complimentary access to domestic lounges, Priority Pass Membership, etc. This card comes with a joining fee and renewal fee of Rs. 1,499 which can be waived off on the basis of your spends in the previous year.
On the other hand, the SBI Prime Credit Card, which is a toned-down version of the SBI Elite Credit Card, offers great reward points on your lifestyle spending and is comparable with the Pulse Card. This card is offered by SBI Bank in three variants – Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. This card provides increased reward points while spending on dining, groceries, and departmental stores. The SBI Prime Credit Card offers you some value-added benefits such as complimentary domestic and international lounge access, discounts on hotel bookings and movie tickets, etc. This card comes with a joining fee and renewal fee of Rs. 2,999 which can be waived off on the basis of your spends in the previous year.
Both credit cards provide unmatched deals within their individual categories on the basis of where you spend using your credit card. Let us discuss in detail the features and benefits that these cards provide to have a better understanding of these credit cards –
SBI Card PULSE
The SBI Card PULSE provides some unmatched advantages to the others present in the pool. It provides some exclusive benefits like Fitpass Pro and Netmeds First membership to fitness lovers. This card lets you earn reward points on your regular spends and accelerated reward points while spending on some particular categories. Along with the health benefits, you also get complimentary access to the domestic lounge and Priority Pass Membership. You also get other benefits such as travel insurance covers, air accident insurance covers, fuel surcharge waivers, etc. This card comes with a joining and annual fee of Rs. 1,499. Following are the detailed features and benefits that come along with this credit card –
- You get the following as welcome benefits on the successful payment of the joining fee of this credit card and make at least one retail transaction using this credit card:-
– You get a complimentary Noise ColorFit Pulse Smart Watch worth Rs. 4,999. You can claim this through a gift voucher that will be sent to you within 45 days of receiving the joining fee.
– You get a complimentary FitPass Pro membership that gives you access to more than 4,000 gyms and fitness studios.
– Complimentary Netmeds First Membership with this credit card.
- You can earn 5x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent while spending on movies, dining, pharmacy, and chemist.
- You get 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories. (This does not include fuel transactions, wallet reloads, etc)
- You are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at all fuel stations across India. The surcharge is limited to a maximum of Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
- You get a complimentary Priority Pass Membership for the first 2 years with the SBI Card PULSE.
- You are entitled to 8 complimentary domestic lounge visits in a year, limited to 2 visits per quarter.
- As a milestone benefit, upon spending Rs. 4 Lakhs or more in an anniversary year, you get a Netmeds e-voucher worth Rs. 1,500
- Reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed against an array of products available at the SBI Website. Additionally, the points earned can be redeemed for cash wherein 1 RP = Re. 0.25
SBI Prime Credit Card
SBI Prime Credit Card is a downgraded version of the SBI Elite Credit Card. The features and benefits that this card offers are quite similar to that of the SBI Elite Credit Card. You can earn accelerated reward points while paying for dining, grocery, and departmental store bills while making payments using this card. In addition to the reward points, this card also provides you with domestic and international lounge access, discounts on hotel bookings, etc. With a joining fee of Rs. 2,999 (plus applicable taxes), and the rewards and benefits that this card provides are quite decent. Let us now discuss in detail about this credit card by SBI-
- As a welcome gift, you get a gift voucher worth Rs. 3,000 which can be of any brand our of – Bata/Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, Shoppers Stop, and Yatra.com.
- You earn 5x Rewards for every Rs. 100 spent on movie, grocery, dining, and departmental store bills.
- 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories
- 10x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on your birthday (a day before, a day after, and on the day of your birthday). The reward points on birthday spends are capped at a maximum of 2,000 per calendar year.
- You can enjoy up to 25% off on your dining bills at all the partnered restaurants while paying through SBI Prime Credit Card, Complimentary Tablet Plus Membership with access to VIP upgrades at hotels around the world (These benefits are available to SBI Prime Credit Card -American Express Variant only)
- You get complimentary Club Vistara and Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership.
- Up to 15% off on the best available room rent on Lalit and F&B Hotels, up to 10% off on Hertz Car Rentals, and up to 35% off on Avis Car Rentals and exclusive benefits across 900 luxury hotels. (These benefits are applicable for SBI Prime Credit Card – Visa Variant only)
- The cardholder can enjoy 8 domestic and 4 international complimentary lounge access. (limited to 2 per quarter)
- With SBI Prime Credit Card MasterCard Variant, you can enjoy 4 rounds of complimentary green fees and a maximum of 50% discount on golf games along with 1 complimentary lesson per month at the selected golf courses in India.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at all fuel stations across India. (Waiver capping of Rs. 250 in a month)
- You get the following as milestone benefits –
– Pizza Hut e-voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs. 50,000 in a quarter
– E-voucher from either Yatra or Pantaloons on achieving annual spends of Rs. 5 Lakhs
- The rewards earned with this card can be redeemed for gift vouchers available at www.sbicard.com, or for paying SBI Credit Card Bill wherein 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Check here: SBI Prime Credit Card Review
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between SBI Card PULSE and SBI Prime Credit Card –
|Basis||SBI Card PULSE||SBI Prime Credit Card|
|Reward Rate|| || |
|Reward Redemption|| || |
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver|| || |
|Welcome Benefits|| || |
|Dining Benefits|| || |
|Milestone Benefits|| || |
|Lounge Access|| || |
|Joining Fee|| || |
|Renewal Fees|| || |
|Eligibility|| || |
Both the credit cards issued by SBI Bank, namely SBI Card PULSE and SBI Prime Credit Cards are quite decent credit cards that help you earn generous reward points on almost all your spends done using these credit cards. On one hand, the PULSE Card, known as the fitness card, helps you earn accelerated reward points while spending on Pharmacy and Chemist, while the Prime Card helps you earn multiplied reward points on dining, movies, groceries, and departmental stores. This card lets you earn quite high reward points while you spend using this card on your birthday. Both the cards provide you complimentary lounge access at domestic airports but the SBI Prime Credit Card provides you with access to the international lounge as well as other travel benefits such as complimentary Club Vistara Membership and Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership.
The SBI Card PULSE is placed at a joining fee of Rs. 1,499 and the SBI Prime Credit Card is placed at a joining fee of Rs. 2,999. At these joining fees, both the credit cards provide quite great reward points and other additional benefits as well. The cardholder will have to go through the features and benefits of the cards individually and then decide according to his needs and wants which card he/she wants to opt for.