SBI ELITE Credit Card is a premium credit card by SBI Card and comes with an annual membership fee of Rs. 4,999. It used to be the most premium offering by SBI Card; however, after the launch of the SBI AURUM Credit Card earlier this year, it is now the second most premium credit card offered by SBI Card. Being a premium offering, the SBI Bank ELITE Credit Card comes packed with some of the best-in-class value-added privileges that one expects from a premium credit card, including complimentary domestic and international lounge visits, complimentary shopping vouchers, and discounted rates on hotel bookings, free movie tickets and many other add-on benefits.
Talking about this card’s reward rate, you earn 2 Rewards on every Rs. 100 purchase with the card (reward rate of 0.5% as 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25) and 5X Reward Points per Rs. 100 on departmental stores, dining, and grocery spends (reward rate of 2.5%). SBI ELITE Credit Card comes in three variants- Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
While most benefits are the same across all three variants, the payment networks offer some exclusive benefits as well. For example, you get complimentary golf games with the MasterCard variant and discounted dining rates with the AmEx variant of the card. Read on for more information about this premium offering by SBI Card.
SBI ELITE Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movies | Travel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
Get free movie tickets every month (max benefit capped at Rs. 6,000 per year and Rs. 250 per ticket, offer valid for at least 2 tickets per booking per month), dining offers with up to 25% discount at partner restaurants (with American Express variant only)
2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend on retail purchases, 5X Reward Points on dining spends, departmental stores, and grocery purchases (reward rate of 2.5%)
Reward Points are redeemable against gift vouchers on sbicard.com or SBI mobile app or for paying the outstanding balance of the card, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Complimentary CV (Club Vistara) Membership, complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier membership, and free domestic and international airport lounge access.
4 complimentary rounds of green fees and up to 50% off on golf games along with 1 free lesson per month at selected golf courses across the country (you get it only with the MasterCard variant of the card)
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary visits to domestic airport lounges every quarter
International Lounge Access
6 complimentary visits to international airport lounges per year (max 2 per quarter) with the Priority Pass program.
Zero liability protection against lost card worth Rs. 1 lakh applicable from 48 hours prior to 7 days post reporting the loss of card to the bank.
Zero Liability Protection
Get an insurance cover worth Rs. 1 lakh that is applicable from 48 hours prior to 7 days post reporting the loss of card
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal fee of Rs. 4,999 is waived on annual spends of Rs. 10 lakh or more in the preceding year
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
1.99% of the transaction amount
3.50% per month (42% per annum)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at all fuel stations across India (max waiver capped at Rs. 250 per month)
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum charge of Rs 500
Add-on Card Fee
- Gift Voucher worth Rs. 5,000 as a welcome benefit.
- 2 RPs on every Rs. 100 spent with the card except on fuel spends.
- 5X RPs on spends on dining, grocery purchases, and departmental stores.
- Up to 50,000 Bonus Reward Points (equivalent to Rs 12,500) every year on achieving the stipulated spend milestone (details below).
- Free movie tickets (max benefit capped at Rs. 6,000 in a year).
- Complimentary Club Vistara Membership and Trident Privilege Membership.
- 2 free domestic lounge visits per quarter.
- 6 complimentary international lounge visits in a year (max 2 visits per quarter).
- Complimentary lost card liability cover worth Rs. 1 lakh applicable from 48 hours prior to 7 days after reporting the loss of card.
- A lower forex mark-up fee of 1.99% of the withdrawn amount.
- Exclusive concierge service for assistance regarding online doctor consultation, flower delivery and gift delivery.
- Exclusive privileges from Visa/MasterCard/American Express (details below).
- With this card, you can enjoy welcome benefits worth Rs. 5000.
- You get 2 domestic lounge visits per quarter and 6 complimentary international lounge access in a year with the SBI Elite Credit Card.
- This card offers a lower reward rate compared to other cards available.
SBI ELITE Credit Card Features & Benefits
The SBI Elite Card is among the most premium offerings by the SBI Card and hence comes with a number of exciting privileges. From welcome benefits to rewards to travel, you can avail exclusive offers across almost all the categories with this card. Read on to know detailed benefits & features of SBI Card Elite:
You get a Gift Voucher with a monetary value of Rs. 5,000 from any one of the following travel/lifestyle brands- Yatra, Bata/Hush Puppies, Aditya Birla Fashion (Louis Philippe, Van Heusen, Allen Solly, Peter England, Planet Fashion, Simon Carter), Pantaloons and Shoppers Stop as a welcome with the card.
- Up to 15,000 Bonus Reward Points on achieving the stipulated spend milestones (details as below)
- The annual fee is waived on spends of Rs. 10 lakh.
|Bonus Reward Points
|Rs. 3 lakh
|Rs. 4 lakh
|Rs. 5 lakh
|Rs. 8 lakh
SBI ELITE Credit Card Travel Benefits
- Free Club Vistara Silver-tier Membership.
- Complimentary Red Tier membership to Trident Privilege.
- Complimentary international and domestic lounge access to domestic and international airports.
- Up to a 15% discount at the best available prices on Lalit and F&B hotels (for the MasterCard variant)
- Discount of up to 10% on Hertz car rental and up to 35% off on Avis Car Rentals (for Visa variant only).
- Enjoy exciting privileges across 900 luxury hotels. (for Visa variant only).
- Complimentary access to VIP upgrades and privileges at hotels in India and abroad with the Tablet plus membership (for AmEx variant holders only).
Airport Lounge Access
- Free domestic lounge access 2 times each quarter by Visa/MasterCard/American Express.
- 6 complimentary access to international airport lounges per year (max 2 every quarter) with the Priority Pass program.
Movie and Dining Benefits
- Complimentary/discounted movie tickets every month (max benefit capped at Rs. 6,000 per year and Rs. 250 per ticket, offer valid for at least 2 tickets per bookings per month).
- Exciting offers and deals on dining with up to 25% off at partnered restaurants (with American Express variant only).
You get 4 free green fees rounds and up to 50% discount on all golf games along with 1 complimentary golf lesson each month at select golf courses across India. This benefit is applicable only for the MasterCard variant holders.
You get a dedicated concierge service for assistance regarding flower delivery, gift delivery, and online doctor consultation. To avail of the service you need to call 1800-2121-68168 or email at [email protected].
Lower Foreign Markup Fee
You are charged a lower mark-up fee of 1.99% of the transaction amount on foreign currency transactions made with the Elite SBI Credit Card.
SBI Elite Credit Card Annual Fee Waiver
The annual fee of the Elite Card is waived off if the cardholder has spent Rs. 10 lakhs or more in the previous year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The 1% fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000. The maximum benefit under the waiver is capped at Rs. 250 every month for this card.
SBI Card ELITE Reward Points Reward Points
- 2 RPs per Rs. 100 spent with the card.
- 5X (10) Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on departmental stores, dining, and grocery spends.
- The following categories are not eligible for SBI Card ELITE Reward Points – Merchant EMI, Flexipay, E-Wallet loading, cash advances and balance transfers.
How To Redeem SBI ELITE Credit Card Rewards?
The Reward Points earned using your SBI Elite Credit Card are redeemable against:
- e-vouchers/product catalogue on SBI Card’s official website or SBI mobile app.
- the outstanding balance of the card via Internet banking.
- The value of 1 RP = Rs. 0.25.
SBI Card ELITE Fees & Charges
Before proceeding further to apply for any credit card, one of the most necessary steps to follow is to check all its terms & conditions, charges, etc, and make sure that the fee is worth it. The detailed information about the fees & charges of SBI Card Elite is given below:
- The annual fee of the SBI Card Elite is Rs. 4,999, which is waived off on spending Rs. 10 lakhs or more in the previous anniversary year.
- The interest rate on this card is 3.5% (monthly), i.e, 42% (annually).
- The foreign currency markup fee on the SBI Elite Card is 1.99% of the transaction amount, which is very low as compared to most of the other credit cards. This fee is chargeable when you make a purchase in a different currency using your Elite card.
- The cash withdrawal charges on the Elite Credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawal amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500. This fee is chargeable on withdrawing cash using your Elite SBI Credit Card.
SBI Card ELITE Eligibility & Documentation
The basic eligibility criteria that you will have to fulfill in order to get approved for this SBI Elite Card are as mentioned below. However, the card issuer may have some additional requirements as well, based on which your credit card application may be approved or declined.
|Self Employed individuals
|21 years to 60 years
|Rs. 60,000 per month or more
|18 years to 65 years
|Rs. 60,000 per month or more
The documents that you will require to apply for SBI Elite Credit Card are as follows:
- Identity Proof – Voters’ Id, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving Licence, etc.
- Address Proof – Utility bills, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, etc.
- Income Proof – Latest 3 months’ bank statements, latest 3 months’ salary slips, or latest audited ITR.
SBI ELITE Credit Card Limit
Being a premium credit card, the SBI Card Elite comes with a high credit limit as compared to the other basic card issued by SBI. Different credit limit may be assigned to different cardholders depending on their past payment history and credit score. However, if the cardholders are not satisfied with the credit limit they’ve got, they are provided with an option to request a higher credit limit. You can also call on your credit card customer helpline number and request them to assign you a higher credit limit. It is advisable to use your card responsibly for a few months before applying for a limit upgrade so that your card issuer can trust you.
SBI Card ELITE Activation & PIN Generation
To activate your Elite SBI credit card or generate its PIN, you can choose any of the methods mentioned below as per your comfort:
- Log in to your SBI Card internet banking account and link your SBI Elite card, if not already done. After that, you can easily find an option to generate/change your credit card PIN online.
- You can also activate your credit card via an ATM. Visit your nearest SBI ATM and find an option for credit card PIN generation from the main menu.
- If you are unable to generate your credit card PIN using the above methods, you can contact SBI Card customer care and they will assist you on the same.
How To Apply for SBI Elite Credit Card?
There are a number of online as well as offline ways to apply for SBI Elite Credit Card. To apply offline, you can visit the SBI branch nearest to you with all the required documents and fill in the offline application form there.
If you prefer to apply online, you can click here.
How To Check SBI Card ELITE Application Status?
If you have already applied for SBI Elite Credit Card, you can track the status of your Elite card application as follows:
- Visit the SBI Card’s official website and click on the option ‘Credit Cards.’ Now, scroll down and you’ll the option ‘Track Application’ and enter the required details. You will get your application status in seconds.
- You can also contact SBI Card customer care and ask them about the status of your credit card application.
- Another option is to visit your nearest SBI branch and ask the bank executives for the same. But, it is always advisable to prefer any of the above methods.
SBI Card ELITE Bill Payment
- SBI provides its credit card customers with a very easy way to pay their credit card bills via the SBI billdesk. Just enter a few required details like your credit card number, email address, amount to be paid, etc, and proceed further to make the payment.
- Another way to pay your SBI Elite credit card bill is to do it via the SBI YONO app. Just register yourself on the app, link your credit card, and make your credit card bill payment under the section ‘pay.’
- You can also pay your credit card bill through an ATM. Visit your nearest SBI ATM and find an option for credit card bill payment from the main menu.
- If you prefer offline methods, you can either visit your nearest branch and make the payment in the form of cash/cheque, or drop a cheque at your nearest ATM dropbox.
SBI Elite Card Login/Internet Banking
To register your SBI Elite Card for Internet banking, you will have to follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of SBI Card.
- Under the login button, click on the option ‘New User? Register Now.’
- Enter your credit card number, date of birth, CVV, and other required details.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number for verification. Enter the OTP and proceed.
- Your card will be successfully registered for Internet banking after following all the above steps.
SBI Elite Credit Card Customer Care
In case of any queries, doubts, or complaints related to your Elite SBI Credit Card, you can contact the SBI Card customer care using the following details:
- To contact customer care via call, you can dial any of these helpline numbers: 1800 180 1290 (toll-free), 1860 500 1290, 1860 180 1290, or 39 02 02 02 (add your local STD as prefix).
- To contact customer care via mail, you can write and send your email to [email protected].
- If you are a Twitter user, you can also contact SBI Card customer care via @SBICard_Connect.
Who Can Get SBI Elite Credit Card?
Anyone who fulfills the above-mentioned eligibility requirements can get the SBI Elite Credit Card. As it is a premium credit card, you need a high annual income and an excellent credit score to get approved for this credit card. So, just try to build a good credit score before you apply for the Elite SBI Card, and make sure that you fulfill the income requirements as well.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Elite SBI Card
Though the SBI Elite Credit Card is a great credit card, it can have some disadvantages for some people:
- It has privileges across all the categories, including travel benefits, so it a great option for you if you want to have an all-in-one credit card.
- If you make most of your purchases using your credit card, you can easily achieve the minimum annual spending required to get the annual fee waived off.
- The card offers great travel and lifestyle privileges and hence it is a good option for people who travel frequently and love to spend on luxury-related categories.
- The card doesn’t have a very good reward rate compared to many other premium cards in the market. So, if you are a frequent shopper, this might not be the right choice for you.
- It might be disadvantageous for you if you are not ready to pay a high annual fee of Rs. 4,999 every year.
Cards Similar To SBI Card ELITE
|SBI Card Elite
|HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card
|ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
SBI ELITE Credit Card Review
SBI ELITE Credit Card offers add-on benefits and privileges across all spending categories. The card offers a high reward rate of 2.5% on dining, departmental stores, and grocery spends and a lower reward rate of just 0.5% on other categories.
This credit card is ideal for people who have a high income and enjoy spending a significant amount of money on shopping and travel. HDFC’s Regalia Credit Card, which has an annual fee of Rs. 2,500, and ICICI’s Sapphiro Credit Card, which has an annual fee of Rs. 6,500, are strong competitors to SBI’s Elite Credit Card.
What do you think of this premium offering from SBI Card? How does it compare to its competitors, in your opinion? Share your thoughts in the comments. If you already have the card, please share your experience to help others.