The SBI Card Pulse is a newly launched Credit Card that aims at providing its cardholders with exclusive health benefits so that they can manage both their health and wealth together. It is issued with a joining fee of Rs. 1,500 and offers an exclusive complimentary smartwatch worth Rs. 5,999 as a welcome gift. Also, you get complimentary Fitpass Pro & Netmeds First membership that gets renewed every year when you pay the annual fee. Coming to the reward program, you earn 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent and 5x Reward Points on a few selected categories. The Reward Points earned are redeemable against a collection of categories and even against your statement balance.
Other than the health benefits, the card comes with exciting travel privileges. You get complimentary domestic airport lounge access and free Priority Pass membership for the first two years. On achieving the spend milestone, you get an e-gift voucher of Rs. 1,500 and you can also get the renewal membership fee waived upon reach the spend milestone. The card also offers air accident insurance cover, travel insurance cover, zero liability protection, fuel surcharge waiver, etc.
To get detailed information about the features of this card, refer to our SBI Pulse Credit Card review.
SBI Card PULSE
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on movie and dining
10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on Pharmacy, Chemist, movie & dining and 2 RPs per Rs. 100 spent elsewhere.
The Reward points are redeemable against a host of options on the Rewards catalogue or against the statement balance (1 RP = Re. 0.25).
Get complimentary access to domestic lounges along with complimentary Priority Pass membership.
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic lounge visits per quarter.
International Lounge Access
Get an air accident cover of Rs. 50 lakhs, zero liability cover of Rs. 1 lakh, and other travel insurance covers, including lost baggage, delayed baggage, loss of travel documents, etc.
Zero Liability Protection
The liability for a fraudulent transaction done on the lost or stolen card will not fall on the cardholder if he/she reports the same to the bank in a timely manner.
Spend Based Waiver
The renewal fee can be waived if you spend Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 100 on each redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 100 on each redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.50% per month (42% per annum)
1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the cash amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500
Add-on Card Fee
- Complimentary Noise ColorFit Pulse Smart Watch as a welcome gift.
- Complimentary FitPass Pro membership.
- Complimentary Netmeds First membership.
- 10 Reward Points on every health-related spend of Rs. 100 & on movies & dining.
- 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent.
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership for the first two years.
- 8 Complimentary airport lounge visits at select airports in India, max 2 per quarter.
- Get e-gift vouchers worth Rs. 1,500 annually on reaching the milestone spend.
- Spend-based annual membership fee waiver.
- Air accident insurance coverage worth Rs. 50 lakhs.
SBI Card Pulse Features & Benefits
As discussed earlier, the SBI Card Pulse is targeted at individuals who wish to have a credit card with health benefits. But apart from health, this card offers you several other privileges in different categories, such as travel, reward programs, milestone benefits, welcome benefits, and many more. Provided below is the detailed information about all its benefits and features:
- Complimentary Noise ColorFit Pulse Smart Watch worth Rs. 5,999. You can avail of this through a gift voucher that will be sent to you within 45 days of paying the joining fee.
- You get complimentary FitPass Pro membership, which allows you to access the following services:
-Access to more than 4,000 Gyms and fitness studios.
-Unlimited access to interactive as well as recorded online fitness sessions.
-Personal nutritionist and exclusive Artificial intelligence-led Fitness Coaching sessions.
- You get complimentary Netmeds First membership, which comes with the following advantages:
-Get unlimited doctor consultations online.
-Get basic health check-ups every year.
-Get complimentary 2.5% NMS Super Cash (up to Rs. 1000 on every prepaid order.
-Get an additional 5% discount on pathology lab tests.
-Get unlimited free deliveries.
- You can avail of the above complimentary membership fee only if you pay the joining fee on time and make at least one retail transaction using your credit card. Moreover, the memberships get renewed every year when you pay the renewal fee.
- You get a Netmeds e-gift voucher of Rs. 1,500 if you spend above Rs. 4 lakhs in an anniversary year.
- The gift voucher is sent to the eligible cardholders within 45 days through SMS or email.
- You get a renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 2 Lakhs or more in the card anniversary year.
- You get complimentary access to 8 domestic airport lounges every year (with a maximum cap of 2 lounge visits per quarter).
- You get complimentary Priority Pass membership for the first two years with card membership. It should be noted that only the membership is complimentary and you need to pay the usage fee if you visit any airport lounge using the Priority Pass.
|Air Accident||Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Zero Liability||Rs. 1 lakh|
|Lost Baggage||Rs. 72,000|
|Delayed baggage||Rs. 7,500|
|Loss of Travel documents||Rs. 12,500|
|Damaged Baggage||Rs. 5,000|
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- 1% waiver on the fuel surcharge for transactions below Rs. 4,000 (above Rs. 500).
- The maximum waiver on fuel transactions is capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle for the SBI Pulse Credit Card.
Zero Liability Protection
The SBI Pulse Credit cardholders will not be held liable for any fraudulent/unauthorized transactions made on their card if the card has been reported lost or stolen to the card issuer in a timely manner.
- You get 10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on movies, dining, pharmacy, and chemist.
- You get 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on other categories.
- No Reward Points are earned on selected transactions including cash withdrawals, fuel purchases, balance transfers, wallet reloading, etc.
Reward Points Redemption
- Redeem the Reward Points earned against various options after login into the internet banking account.
- The reward points can also be redeemed against the statement balance, i.e, you can get them converted into cash.
- 1 RP = Re. 0.25.
SBI Card Pulse Fees & Charges
- The SBI Card Pulse charges a joining & annual membership fee of Rs. 1,499 plus applicable taxes. The joining fee cannot be waived but you can get the renewal fee waived off on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the last year.
- The finance charges applicable on this credit card are 3.5% per month or 42% annually.
- The cash advance fee on the SBI Card Pulse is 2.5% of the cash amount (minimum of Rs. 500). This fee is charged when you withdraw cash using your credit card.
- The foreign currency markup fee on this card is 3.5% of the transaction amount. Whenever you make a transaction in a different currency, you will have to pay this fee.
SBI Card Pulse Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the applicant to get the Pulse Credit Card:
|Age||Between 18 Years and 65 Years|
|Income||Stable income as a salaried or self-employed|
|Credit Score||Decent credit score (750 or above)|
The documents that are required to apply for the SBI Pulse Card are mentioned below. The applicants should make sure that they carry these documents along with them while applying for the card:
- Identity Proof – PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voters’ Id, Driving Licence, etc (any one of these).
- Address Proof – Driving Licence, Aadhar Card, Passport, Utility bills, Ration Card, etc (any one of these).
- Income Proof – Latest bank statements (at least 3 months), latest salary slips, or latest audited ITR.
How To Apply For SBI Pulse Credit Card?
The SBI Card provides its customers with the flexibility to apply for the SBI Pulse Card online or offline at their convenience. For offline methods, simply visit your nearest SBI branch along with all the required documents and fill in the physical application form to apply for a credit card. On the other hand, if you want to apply online for this card, you will have to follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
- Select the ‘SBI Card Pulse’ and click on apply now again.
- Now, fill in all the required details, complete all the formalities and proceed further.
What is SBI Pulse Credit Card Flexipay?
The FlexiPay facility provided by SBI Card allows you to convert all your transactions worth Rs. 2,500 or more into Easy Monthly Installments even if you have not chosen the EMI option while making the purchase. To avail of the flexipay facility, you just need to log in to the SBI Card app/official website nd convert your transaction into Flexipay within 30 days from the date of a particular purchase.
Being best suited for individuals who are health-conscious, the SBI Card Pulse can be considered an excellent choice for people who want an affordable credit card having a decent reward rate and other benefits. The Axis Bank also offers a card with great health benefits, which is the Axis Bank Aura Credit Card which comes with a relatively lower annual fee. The smartwatch that you get with the Pulse as a welcome benefit is among the most attractive features of the card. Also, you get complimentary FitPass Pro and Netmeds First memberships that get renewed every year, which means these memberships will be lifetime free for you. Moreover, if you traveling is your hobby, you can make your travel experiences more satisfactory with this card as it offers you eight complimentary access to domestic lounges annually and a complimentary Priority Pass.
You can also save 2.5% on your movie & dining spends every time you pay using your SBI Pulse Credit Card as it offers accelerated reward points on these categories along with health-related spends. Moreover, the insurance benefits, worth up to Rs. 50 lakhs, cannot be ignored while talking about the card’s features. Now, you might have understood all the features, advantages, and fees & charges of the card. If you think this is the best fit for you, you must apply for the card without any further delay.
In case of any doubts regarding the SBI Card Pulse, ask us in the comments below!
No, the SBI Card Pulse is not free. It comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 1,499. However, you can make it free for yourself by getting the annual fee waived by spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more every year.
The interest rate on SBI Card Pulse is 3.5% per month, i.e, 42% per annum.
Yes, you can withdraw cash using your SBI card Pulse. However, a cash advance fee of 2.5% or Rs. 500 will be chargeable in such a case.
The value of 1 RP is Re. 0.25, i.e, 4 Reward Point = Re. 1.
With the balance transfer facility of the SBI Pulse Credit Card, you can transfer your credit card’s balance to another credit card with low interest-rate or you can transfer any other card’s outstanding balance to the SBI Pulse Card.
You can easily avail of the balance transfer facility on your Pulse Credit Card through internet banking or by contacting your credit card customer care.