MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card is a co-branded travel card for which MakeMyTrip and ICICI Bank have partnered with each other. With this credit card, the cardholders will get rewards in the form of My Cash which can be redeemed for booking hotels, flights, and holiday bookings on MakeMyTrip. Apart from this, the credit cardholders will get My Cash and holiday vouchers in the form of welcome benefits and also when they achieve spends in an anniversary year.
The cardholders will also get a discount while they book tickets on BookMyShow and INOX. As travel benefits, the cardholders will also get complimentary access to domestic airport lounges and railway lounges every quarter. With this credit card, the cardholders will only have to pay a joining fee of Rs. 500 and no renewal fee needs to be paid.
On the other hand, the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card is a basic but popular credit card offering generous reward points across various categories such as travel, dining, and entertainment. This credit card is offered in 3 variants namely Visa, MasterCard, and AmEx, and the prospective cardholders have the freedom to choose from the options available.
The cardholders earn reward points with this credit card and will also get bonus reward points on achieving a particular spending amount in an annual year. This card also offers amazing discounts while booking movie tickets in BookMyShow and INOX and discounts on dining bills while dining at the partnered restaurants. You may also get complimentary access to the domestic lounges in a calendar quarter. The cardholder has to pay a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 500 on this credit card which can be waived on the basis of your spends.
Both the credit cards by ICICI Bank are quite decent credit cards but quite different credit cards as one is a normal credit card and the other one is a co-branded credit card. But they both provide quite unique rewards and benefits to their members. Now let us discuss both the credit cards in detail to have a better and clear understanding of the cards.
MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card
A co-branded credit card by ICICI Bank, the MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card is best suited for those who are quite frequent travelers. This credit card offers huge My Cash to the cardholders while they normally spend using their credit card and accelerated My Cash while they spend on travel-related bookings and that too on MakeMyTrip. Additionally, the cardholders can earn discounts while they book movie tickets on BookMyShow or INOX and exclusive discounts while dining at the partnered restaurants. The following are the details and features that come along with the MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card –
- The cardholders will get a holiday voucher from MakeMyTrip worth Rs. 3,000 and Rs. 500 My Cash as a welcome benefit to this credit card. The cardholders will get these benefits once the cardholder has paid the joining fee on the credit card.
- With the MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Credit Card, the cardholders will get My Cash as per the following table :
|Spends Category||My Cash (for every Rs. 200 spent)|
|Hotel/ Holiday Bookings on MMT||Rs. 3|
|Flight Bookings on MMT||Rs. 2|
|International spends outside MMT||Rs. 1.25|
|Domestic spends outside MMT||Re. 1|
- The cardholders will get exclusive discounts on the dining bills while they enjoy delicate cuisines at the partnered restaurants under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program.
- The cardholders will get a 25% discount (up to Rs. 100) on the booking of 2 movie tickets in a single transaction on BookMyShow and INOX. The cardholders can avail this benefit for a maximum of two times in a month.
- You get 1 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter.
- With MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card, the cardholders will get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access only if the cardholders are able to spend a sum of Rs. 5,000 using their credit card in the previous quarter.
- As a milestone benefit, the cardholders will get Rs. 1,000 My Cash if the cardholder successfully spends Rs. 2.5 Lakhs using his credit card in an anniversary year.
- You are entitled to receive Rs. 1,000 My Cash Points each anniversary year if the cardholder spends Rs. 50,000 on flights/hotel/holiday bookings through MakeMyTrip Website, mobile application or mobile site.
- The cardholders will also get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on a maximum transaction of Rs. 4,000 at all HPCL fuel stations across India.
- The joining fee of this credit card is placed at Rs. 500. The cardholders do not have to pay any renewal fee on the credit card and can continue to enjoy the benefits that pertain to this credit card.
- The My Cash that the cardholders will earn with this credit card can be redeemed on the MakeMyTrip website or mobile application for booking flight/holiday/hotel bookings.
- For redemption purposes, 1 My Cash = Re. 1.
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
ICICI Bank offers the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card in 3 variants, i.e., Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. The applicants are free to choose from any of the variants as per their needs. This credit card provides reward points on all the spends made using this credit card, even on insurance-related spends. The cardholders can also earn huge reward points as a milestone benefit with this credit card. Furthermore, you can also enjoy discounts while booking movie tickets and enjoying meals at the partnered restaurants. Also, the cardholders will also get complimentary access to the domestic airport lounges and railway lounges. Following are the detailed benefits and features of this credit card –
- The cardholders will get 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all transactions using this credit card. This includes all transactions except for the amount spent on fuel transactions.
- You get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on utilities and insurance categories.
- The cardholders will get a discount of 25% or Rs. 100 (the lower of the two) on the purchase of a minimum of 2 movie tickets on INOX and BookMyShow. This offer can be availed 2 times in a month and is subject to the availability of seats.
- Under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program, the cardholders can enjoy all the delicate cuisines by availing a 15% on the dining bills while eating at the 2500+ partnered restaurants.
- With ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, you get 1 complimentary access to the domestic airport lounges on a minimum spend of Rs. 5,000 in the previous calendar quarter.
- Also, the cardholders will get 1 complimentary access per quarter to the railway lounges in India.
- As a milestone benefit with this credit card, you get additional 2,000 reward points on achieving spends of Rs. 2 Lakhs in an anniversary year and 1,000 Reward Points thereafter for every Rs. 1 Lakh spent using the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card in an anniversary year.
- The maximum reward points that a cardholder can earn under milestone benefits is capped at 10,000 Reward Points in a year.
- The cardholders can also enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel transactions up to Rs. 4,000. This is applicable only to all HPCL fuel stations across India.
- The ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card comes with a renewal fee of Rs. 500 which can be waived if the cardholder spends any amount above Rs. 1.5 Lakhs in an anniversary year.
- The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of products available on the website. These reward points can also be redeemed against cash.
- For redemption purposes, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between The MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card and The ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card-
|Basis||MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card||ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
|Domestic Lounge Access||
|Railway Lounge Access||
MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card is a travel credit card that provides various attractive travel benefits to its members. The cardholders can earn reward points on their regular spends and accelerated reward points while they spend on travel categories on MakeMyTrip Website, mobile site, and mobile application.
As a travel benefit, the cardholders will get complimentary access to the domestic airport lounges and railway lounges in India. As some additional benefits, the cardholders will get discounts on movie bookings through BookMyShow and INOX, discounts on dining bills, and also a fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions at HPCL fuel stations. Furthermore, the cardholders will also get additional My cash in the form of milestone benefits. The cardholders just have to pay Rs. 500 as a joining fee on this credit card.
On the other hand, the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, being a basic credit card is still popular among people because of the benefits and features that this credit card provides. This credit card comes with a decent reward structure providing the cardholders with reward points across almost every category. Also, the credit card provides with complimentary access to domestic airport lounges and railway lounges. Additionally, this credit card provides various other benefits such as milestone benefits, movie and dining benefits, etc.
This credit card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 500 which can be waived on the basis of the amount that you spend during an anniversary year. The MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card will be best suited for those people who are quite frequent travelers. But the cardholders will have to analyze their own spending pattern and the benefits and advantages that the credit card provides and then choose the one he wants to opt for.
For any more queries related to these cards, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!