Credit cards by ICICI Bank, namely ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card and ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card are from the gemstone collection of the bank. Both the cards by ICICI Bank are offered in all three variants – Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. An individual is given a free hand to choose from the variants available. The ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card was designed keeping in mind the daily needs of an individual such as providing them with discounts on movie bookings, dinners, and regular reward points on their daily spending. You also get complimentary access to domestic lounges and railway lounges with this card. Additionally, an individual is rewarded with a fuel surcharge waiver on all his fuel transactions. ICICI Bank charges a nominal joining fee of Rs. 500 for this credit card which quite justifies the benefits that this card provides.
On the other hand, the ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card is a premium credit card that provides you with amazing welcome benefits. Along with the welcome benefits, the bank also allows you to earn reward points on all your spending which includes international spending as well. Apart from this, you also get complimentary access to the airport and railway lounges, discounts while booking movie tickets and while paying your dining bills, etc. With this credit card, you also get complimentary golf lessons every month. This credit card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 which is quite in sync with the rewards and benefits that this card offers. Also, the renewal of this card can be waived off on the basis of the amount spent using your credit card in the previous year.
Both credit cards provide unmatched deals within their individual categories on the basis of where you spend using your credit card. Let us discuss in detail the features and benefits that these cards provide to have a better understanding of these credit cards –
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card provides some exclusive benefits to its holders while they use their credit cards for dining, entertainment, and travel purposes. This card allows the cardholders to earn reward points on all their spends which can be further redeemed against the products and vouchers available on the ICICI Bank Website. In addition to all this, the cardholders get complimentary access to the airport and railway lounges. This card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 500. Following are the detailed features and benefits that come along with this credit card –
- The cardholder will be rewarded with 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all transactions (does not include fuel transactions).
- Earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on utilities and insurance.
- The cardholder can enjoy 1 complimentary access to airport lounges in India if he is able to spend Rs. 5,000 using his credit card in the previous calendar quarter.
- With the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, the cardholders get 4 complimentary visits to the railway lounges in India, limited to 1 visit in a quarter.
- The cardholders can now enjoy the delicate cuisines at 2500+ premium restaurants which include TGI Fridays, Cafe Coffee Day, etc by getting a 15% discount while paying the dining bills using the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card.
- With ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, the cardholders can get a 25% discount (maximum of Rs. 100) on the purchase of a minimum of 2 tickets via BookMyShow and INOX. This offer can be availed by a cardholder 2 times a month.
- As a milestone benefit, you will get rewarded with 2,000 Reward Points on achieving spends of Rs. 2 Lakhs and a further 1,000 Reward Points every time you achieve a spend of Rs. 1 Lakh using your credit card in an anniversary year. The maximum bonus reward points that a cardholder can earn in an anniversary year as a milestone benefit are capped at 10,000 points per year.
- The cardholders are entitled to get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all HPCL petrol pumps across India on transactions of maximum up to Rs. 4,000.
- The joining fee of this credit card can be waived off if the cardholder is able to spend Rs. 1.50 Lakhs using their credit card in the previous year.
- All the reward points earned using the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card can be redeemed against an array of products and vouchers available at the ICICI Bank Website or against cash where 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
A card from ICICI Bank’s gemstone collection, ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is a premium credit card specially designed to provide exclusive benefits to its cardholders. A cardholder is entitled to get reward points on all his domestic and international spends. In addition to the reward points, the cardholder is also entitled to complimentary visits to the airport and railway lounges. The cardholder will also get discounts on booking movie tickets and while paying his dining bills. With a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 (plus applicable taxes), the rewards and benefits that this card provides are quite great. Let us now discuss in detail this credit card by ICICI Bank-
- As a welcome gift, the cardholder gets shopping and travel vouchers amounting to Rs. 5,000 or more. These will be given to the cardholder within 30 days of the payment of the joining fees.
- With ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card, the cardholder gets 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all international transactions.
- You get 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all domestic transactions.
- The cardholder will get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on transactions related to insurance and utility spends.
- The cardholder gets 2 complimentary visits to the domestic lounge every quarter with the Visa variant of the ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
- You get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access per quarter with each of the American Express and MasterCard variants upon successfully spending Rs. 5,000 using your credit card in the previous quarter.
- The cardholder is entitled to get 2 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter.
- The cardholders can avail of a discount of 25% (maximum of Rs. 150) on a purchase of 2 movie tickets twice a month via BookMyShow and INOX (individually). This offer is applicable one time each on American Express and Mastercard variants.
- Under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program, you get exciting discounts on your dining bills at the partnered restaurants.
- The cardholders get 1 complimentary golf round/lesson for every Rs. 50,000 spent in the previous month. A maximum of 2 rounds can be enjoyed in a month.
- You get access to ICICI Bank’s 24×7 concierge services, i-Assist for assistance regarding hotel reservations, movie ticket bookings, car rental, etc.
- With this credit card, the cardholder can earn 3,000 Reward Points on achieving spends of Rs. 3 Lakhs and 1,500 Reward Points for every subsequent spends of Rs. 1 Lakh in an anniversary year. The maximum reward points that can be earned as milestone benefits are 15,000 Reward Points.
- With ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card, the cardholders get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% all fuel stations in India on a maximum transaction of Rs. 4,000
- The Rewards points earned with the ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card can be redeemed against a variety of products available at the ICICI Bank Website or can be redeemed for cash where 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card and ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card –
|Basis||ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card||ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
|Railway Lounge Access||
||Rs. 3,000 + Taxes|
Both the credit cards by ICICI Bank let you earn decent reward points on almost all of the transactions done using your credit card. While the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card is considered an entry-level credit card but still provides some great value-added benefits such as domestic lounge access, railway lounge access, discounts on movies and dining, etc in comparison to the joining fee that it charges. While on the other hand, ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card is a premium credit card that provides you with great reward points on both your international and domestic spends. Additionally, you can have a comfortable travel experience while you travel by rail or by air as you have complimentary access to lounges at both places. It also provides some exclusive benefits such as insurance covers and concierge services. Both the cards have their individual rewards and benefits and the customer will have to choose from the two on the basis of deals that each credit card offers and which will be comfortably affordable by the customer.